PDA

View Full Version : ANTHRAX PLANE OVER WATERS!!

Jewcifer
04-28-2008, 05:12 AM
What was that sketchy ass powder that the low-flying plance dropped over the Roger Waters crowd? I got the fuck out and went to the Justice tent.

PS
My buddy was at the front gate during Waters and caught his pick...no bullshit. Not that it is for sale but, how much would you pay for that?

wolverine
04-28-2008, 05:18 AM
What was that sketchy ass powder that the low-flying plance dropped over the Roger Waters crowd? I got the fuck out and went to the Justice tent.

Waters had it planned for the plane to buzz the crowd. I think it was confetti that had some Obama stuff on it.

Jewcifer
04-28-2008, 05:21 AM
Waters had it planned for the plane to buzz the crowd. I think it was confetti that had some Obama stuff on it.

Obama Stuff? It wasn't confetti cause it wasn't sparkling. It was straight powder.

Jakewc151
04-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Obama Stuff? It wasn't confetti cause it wasn't sparkling. It was straight powder.

Al Qaeda flew in for the show.. I saw them in the VIP on saturday.

eskomo one
04-28-2008, 09:29 AM
did you see all that anti israel footage of the palestine genocide during the wall? good stuff!! people have no idea what israel is doing to palestine.

icroak
04-28-2008, 03:52 PM
My conclusion was that it was a failed confetti drop. I saw a few pieces falling down towards the stage, but I think most of them blew away outside of the field. When the confetti was high up in the sky it did look like powder.

JustSteve
04-28-2008, 03:56 PM
did you see all that anti israel footage of the palestine genocide during the wall? good stuff!! people have no idea what israel is doing to palestine.

they both need to share the blame...

wmgaretjax
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
they both need to share the blame...

that edit was smart.

gaypalmsprings
04-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Pro-Obama fliers fell from above

Waters didn't have permission to drop confetti

Angela Franzer, Marcel Honore and Xochitl Pena • The Desert Sun • April 28, 2008

Those who live near the Empire Polo Fields, where the Coachella Music and Arts Festival was held, woke up this morning to something that looked like snow, according to some residents.

Thousands of small pro-Obama fliers littered the ground after they were dropped from a plane flying overhead last night during Roger Waters' set around 11:25 p.m., residents said.

"They're all over the place. It's littering. I've got all my homeowners calling me and complaining," said Bill Hays, onsite manager at the Desert Shores RV resort.
"If I was going to vote for Obama, I wouldn't this morning if this is how he runs his campaign," Hays added.

" I was shocked," Sunny Side Estates resident Christie Wiedlan told the Desert Sun around 7 a.m. this morning.

Indio City Manager Glenn Southard said Waters, the closing act of the three-day festival, asked if he could shower the confetti-like fliers -- and was told no by the city staff, police and concert promoters.

"He did it anyway. We are not happy about it and apologize," Southard wrote in an e-mail this morning to The Desert Sun. "Golden Voice will provide clean up to anyone requesting it."

Indio resident Kim Walker saw a plane release a stream of paper as she listened to Waters' set from her parents' estate home, just north of the polo fields.

"I think he missed" the field, Walker said. "They landed everywhere." The wind appeared to catch the papers, shortly after an inflatable pig was released into the air during Waters' set, she added.

When she returned to her home near Avenue 47 and Madison, the entire neighborhood had been sprinkled with the papers, which resemble pro-Obama fortune cookie messages.

Indio resident Carol Davison, who lives two blocks from the Polo fields, said the display defiantly changes her thoughts on Obama, calling the incident a "derelict action."

"I am just appalled. All of our gardeners will now have to spend the whole day trying to clean this up. It's going to be in our pool filters clogging them up," Davison said.

"It probably wasn't Obama," Walker said.

Ben LaBolt, Spokesman for the Obama campaign out of Chicago said the organization had no involvement in the incident, calling it "strange."

Are you angry about the pro Obama fliers? Let us know at localnews@thedesertsun.com.

http://cmsimg.gdn.mydesert.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=J1&Date=20080428&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=80428014&Ref=AR&MaxW=318&Border=0

woogie846
04-28-2008, 05:10 PM
I wonder where the pig ended up...

algunz
04-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I wonder where the pig ended up...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe it'll be on ebay in a few days.

GaragePoet
04-28-2008, 05:35 PM
i like the part about the local complaining that "now are gardeners will have to spend the whole day cleaning this up."

PrettyRagdoll
04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
i like the part about the local complaining that "now are gardeners will have to spend the whole day cleaning this up."

HAHA, that's all I took from that long ass bitch fest too. It's like, seriously? Your poor gardeners.

gaypalmsprings
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
If you find the pig, you get $10,000 & 4 lifetime Coachella tix.

Sonicifyouwantit
04-28-2008, 07:30 PM

glitter glitters, confetti is just paper squares. I saw confetti

Goodtoknow
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
"I am just appalled. All of our gardeners will now have to spend the whole day trying to clean this up. It's going to be in our pool filters clogging them up," Davison said.

Wow, only in Palm Springs....

Trick Loves The Kids
04-28-2008, 07:34 PM
as if anyone in Indio was gonna vote for Obama anyway

M Sparks
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
It was straight powder.

You do realize that things look smaller when they are further away, right?

Trick Loves The Kids
04-28-2008, 07:45 PM
It looked a lot like glitter to me but I was on drugs and there were other things going on at the time so I'm not gonna put too much weight behind this. I really like that it was pro-Obama confetti, I freaked the fuck out when the pig came around by me and I saw the OBAMA on the underside.

SubBass49
04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
That was awesome...but why the hell would anyone think that it was Obama that organized it? That's just retarded. It doesn't even have his logo on it or anything.

lol...

Stupid old people.