PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters: Greatest show in Coachella history!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
So is what you're saying is you never saw a real Floyd show? Are you so fucking dense that you don't realize that ALL Floyd shows were over produced spectacles?

And the part about Floyd not mattering anymore...well I'll just leave that to your own delusion. What happened? Did Roger and Dave touch your private place when you were young?

Wait, what? Is this the stance you've decided to take? Are you sure you don't want to rethink it so you come across less retarded?

If we're going to get all technical about who is and isn't Floyd, then we'll have to discuss Syd Barrett and all that boring shit, but why bother? Roger Waters was the BEST SHOW EVAH for you. Awesome.

And yes, all Floyd shows were spectacles in their own right. But isn't that my point? Roger Waters just regurgitating the same old shit? Nothing's changed but the quality of his voice.

satori777
08-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not angry. And I'm not Gary. Gary's my husband. I hijacked his account.

I just won't be dismissed by some whiny little wank with a bitch voice who acts superior on a fucking message board. I had to listen to him all. weekend. long.

Oh shit...a ---- with a grudge (I couldn't decide whether to call you a bitch or cunt)

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I'd go with cunt. I prefer it, actually.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 05:35 PM
no I do not.
evidently they overheard an argument between myself, my girlfriend, and our friend that happened saturday night/sunday morning. the friend threw an emotional fit when I wouldn't leave prince to go to the campground. and, of course, being close friends with myself and my girlfriend, the problem became three-pronged. it was actually kind of cute how things ended- joey was sleeping next to the tent, and neither myself nor my girlfriend knew exactly why she was so upset. then, out of nowhere, joey was just like ..."I"m sorry guys, I miss andy (her boyfriend), and I thought I would like prince more, and I felt bad about missing portishead... can I come in the tent?" and there was a big aww and a group hug and sunday everything was cool.
joey also had a really hard time dealing with the heat, and her horse allergies. it was a huge stress on me and jill, and we ended up bickering about the best way to deal with things.
evidently, this perosn was camping nearby, heard part of the argument, adn ahs decided to attempt to bring up the complicated dynamics of a five year old relationship in an attempt to retaliate for my grilling them online. which would be a great tactic, except that my relationship is fine, I love my friends, and we all had an awesome weekend.
gary's wife, I hope when you and gary fight that you don't consider it such a big deal. otherwise you're heading for divorce.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
just for the record, the version of DSOTM on pulse is the worst I've ever heard.

I love pink floyd and it just bugs me when people try to give credit to any one man. it's a megazord, for fucks sake!

satori777
08-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Wait, what? Is this the stance you've decided to take? Are you sure you don't want to rethink it so you come across less retarded?

If we're going to get all technical about who is and isn't Floyd, then we'll have to discuss Syd Barrett and all that boring shit, but why bother? Roger Waters was the BEST SHOW EVAH for you. Awesome.

And yes, all Floyd shows were spectacles in their own right. But isn't that my point? Roger Waters just regurgitating the same old shit? Nothing's changed but the quality of his voice.

Gary...dude...I think you need a hug. Didn't you hear? It's gay in here now...

Well...I guess by your logic the Stones, the Who, Zepp, Ozzy, and all the rest should shut up???

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
yep. that seems to be the logic.

satori777
08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
I'd go with cunt. I prefer it, actually.

hahaha...Zang!

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes. I believe when you no longer cease to be relevant you should shut up. Grace Slick had it about right.

Though I am also of the belief that Led Zeppelin should have never existed.

As for frozen pilgrim, well. I'm not concerned about heading for divorce, though I'm pretty sure none of my friends would accuse either of us of being emotionally abusive, either. But if you don't want people to bring it up, don't argue so fucking loudly for an entire weekend. It was embarrassing for all of you.

satori777
08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
just for the record, the version of DSOTM on pulse is the worst I've ever heard.

I love pink floyd and it just bugs me when people try to give credit to any one man. it's a megazord, for fucks sake!

I agree...I think I misunderstood something along the way and got trapped in to defending Roger for the billionth time...

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I like the phrase "no longer cease to be relevant"

also, bitch, you'd better shut the fuck up about my girlfriend right now or I'll come find you and your ******-ass husband. she's reading over my shoulder and doesn't like the way you're talking about her. see, unlike you and your redneck piece of shit, we argue like equals, and when you insinuate otherwise, it's insulting.

seriously, get out of here, before you fucking regret it.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
how about we get back on topic...

http://img1.purerave.com/4/98/4599898_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/00/4599900_.jpg

UlgjXtD1KtQ

satori777
08-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes. I believe when you no longer cease to be relevant you should shut up. Grace Slick had it about right.

Though I am also of the belief that Led Zeppelin should have never existed.

We're obviously gonna have a permanent difference of opinion on this point. So instead of trying to bang my head against some mad bugger's wall...I'm gonna agree to disagree.

Gary, does your wife like it when other people air your guy's dirty laundry? That's kinda fucked up

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 05:59 PM
can we PLEASE get this board back on track.
can we delete this thread and the boyz noise thread? it's like the fucking arcade fire thread. the same shit page after page after page after page

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I like the phrase "no longer cease to be relevant"

also, bitch, you'd better shut the fuck up about my girlfriend right now or I'll come find you and your ******-ass husband. she's reading over my shoulder and doesn't like the way you're talking about her. see, unlike you and your redneck piece of shit, we argue like equals, and when you insinuate otherwise, it's insulting.

seriously, get out of here, before you fucking regret it.

Frightening. Truly. It's like being threatened by a kid with Down's Syndrome. It would be cute if it wasn't so sad.

sbessiso
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
http://media.bbn.com.cn/pictures/500215/10202/10202_JudeLaw001.jpg

wolverine
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM

When your the greatest live rock act of all time, why would you mess it up? The production, tension and drama is the Floyd's "Jaggar".

Would you expect the Stones to trot out the Matchbox Twenty singer when you go to one of their shows?

wolverine
08-05-2008, 06:19 PM

Agreed. Clinical and lifeless. I think alot of that has to do with the recording/mastering job. Sucked all the life out of it (but I also don't like Dave singing Rogers parts at the end).

wolverine
08-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Guys, garynvegas is obviously that other guy with a new name. He's trying to derail the thread. Bank on it.

SoulDischarge
08-05-2008, 06:22 PM
I heard there was some gay sex going on over here, so I thought I'd check it out. Could anyone be neighborly and loan me a pinch of lube?

sbessiso
08-05-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm trying over here soul! theyre pretty much ignoring it (at this point boardmembers have gotten used to it)

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
I'm all warmed up, but the furries are nowhere to be found

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 06:28 PM
When your the greatest live rock act of all time, why would you mess it up? The production, tension and drama is the Floyd's "Jaggar".

Would you expect the Stones to trot out the Matchbox Twenty singer when you go to one of their shows?

Greatest live rock act of all time? Are you sure? That sure is saying a lot. But maybe more about your limited exposure to quality concerts than Floyd's live prowess.

I don't understand the rest of your post, but I guess you want me to answer "no, absolutely not!" So pretend I said that so you can make the conclusion you want.

Look, I'm a Floyd fan. I love them, I do. I've got it on vinyl, I've got it on cassette, I own everything on CD. I've seen that piece of shit movie The Wall 30 times. Wish You Were Here and Meddle were huge for me. But that doesn't mean I have to love how bad Roger Waters sounds 30 years later, and it certainly doesn't answer why I left something I was so looking forward to feeling so cold and empty.

sbessiso
08-05-2008, 06:29 PM
does anybody actually read all of garynvegas' posts? I dont even skim them, I just scroll down so I can post and catch maybe a sentence

SoulDischarge
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
X2B--em1k2Q

The Sahara tent needs to look like this next year. And not just through an Aphex set.

wolverine
08-05-2008, 06:45 PM
does anybody actually read all of garynvegas' posts? I dont even skim them, I just scroll down so I can post and catch maybe a sentence

He's rotationslimwang. Same verbage, same anger, same hostility. He hates how this thread is the most popular and wants it gone, and he's trying his best to make it so.

sbessiso
08-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't think so, I undertand how you would think that but i'm pretty sure he abandoned this thread

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 06:58 PM
randy's not here.
although that'd actually make sense.
this alias pops up the day randy leaves?

alex gardner
08-05-2008, 07:00 PM
it was actually kind of cute how things ended- joey was sleeping next to the tent, and neither myself nor my girlfriend knew exactly why she was so upset. then, out of nowhere, joey was just like ..."I"m sorry guys, I miss andy (her boyfriend), and I thought I would like prince more, and I felt bad about missing portishead... can I come in the tent?" and there was a big aww and a group hug and sunday everything was cool.

that was definitely the gayest shit i have read on this board in a long time, and that's saying a lot. you are a gigantic ***. you and sushov23 would get along great, arguing with your girls the whole time and being enormous douchebags.

that is by far the best part about coachella, arguing with your girlfriend and friends about which acts to watch and how early to head to the campgrounds.

sbessiso
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2007/08/10/brokeback460.jpg

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 07:06 PM
randy's not here.
although that'd actually make sense.
this alias pops up the day randy leaves?

Did Randy camp next to you too? Poor guy.

Paranoia is my favorite part of the internet.

wolverine
08-05-2008, 07:19 PM
alex and gary = randy

Same exact anger and vitriol.

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm not Randy. Or anyone else. My name is Tracy. And I'm not angry. I'm bored.

satori777
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM

Gary...dude...get your wife to give you a blow job and calm down. All women suck dick, all you have to do is ask.

sbessiso...don't you think that pic is a little insensitive???

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
How long have you been mentally deficient? Is it a recent development, or is it something you've been struggling with for awhile?

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 07:44 PM
dude.
I have a website for you.
this is not me being a dick, this is me being honest. you're good at being mean-
go to http://www.4chan.org

endless possibilities for someone like you.

honestly, I promise on an eight dollar heineken this isn't an insult. if you're just bored, go to 4cahn. endless, endless lulz. seriously.

satori777
08-05-2008, 07:45 PM

garynvegas??? I thought it was gaynvegas...woops. I thought that's why you wanted to gay up the thread...

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 07:51 PM
btw- I am a nice guy.
this year's joey fiasco blew. obviously.
she's not coming next year

I believe I posted about this in another thread. feeling like I dragged her to stuff

anyways

seriously, evidently you can speak english, which places you above about 20% of the posters on here.
so leave my personal relationships out of this, and if you think you and i disagree on something about floyd, I think you should go and read everything I wrote in this thread. I think you'll find my opinion is quite similar to that of anyone who's heard everything floyd has recorded, taken the drugs they took, and taken the time to ponder what they created

satori777
08-05-2008, 07:52 PM
How long have you been mentally deficient? Is it a recent development, or is it something you've been struggling with for awhile?

been this way a while. how long have you been an ignorant...whatever you are?
Is it a recent development, or is it something you've been struggling with for awhile?

dude.
I have a website for you.
this is not me being a dick, this is me being honest. you're good at being mean-
go to http://www.4chan.org

Sorry dude...I wouldn't send my worst enemy there

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 07:57 PM
neither would I, unless they were bored and trolling for a fight

satori777
08-05-2008, 08:03 PM
neither would I, unless they were bored and trolling for a fight

seriously...I can't even begin to deal with that place

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Now you've gone and made me feel kinda bad. But only a little. Mainly because my husband's super nice and I've tainted his good name by hijacking his account. It's not his fault I get mean when I get bored.

My husband and I actually camped right next to you. So even a small fight would have sounded large when you're less than ten feet away.

I can talk about Floyd, though. Roger Waters was a huge disappointment for me, easily the biggest let down of the whole weekend. This happened at Coachella 06 with Depeche Mode. I hate seeing bands I love look old and haggard.

satori777
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Now you've gone and made me feel kinda bad. But only a little. Mainly because my husband's super nice and I've tainted his good name by hijacking his account. It's not his fault I get mean when I get bored.

My husband and I actually camped right next to you. So even a small fight would have sounded large when you're less than ten feet away.

I can talk about Floyd, though. Roger Waters was a huge disappointment for me, easily the biggest let down of the whole weekend. This happened at Coachella 06 with Depeche Mode. I hate seeing bands I love look old and haggard.

See how easy it is to express your opinion without being an insufferable ass...good for you.

I loved DM in 06...but I'm the kind of music fan that can find the greatness in all of my favorites performances.

I don't care or expect people to agree with any of my opinions.

I still loved Roger. I still loved DM. When Martin was singing Home...mmmmmm

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh man. You weren't the dude in front of me at Depeche Mode who called it magical were you? If that was you, I've really underestimated your mental capacity.

I think dissecting music for what it is, rather than what you want it to be, is what separates music fans from fanboys.

satori777
08-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh man. You weren't the dude in front of me at Depeche Mode who called it magical were you? If that was you, I've really underestimated your mental capacity.

I think dissecting music for what it is, rather than what you want it to be, is what separates music fans from fanboys.

Look at you...being a cunt again.

It has very little with being a fanboy. I don't pay all that money to go to a show and be a fucking critic. I go to see a SHOW. I don't have any intrest in disecting these performances. If I did that I wouldn't enjoy any show I went to. Sometimes you have yo sit back, stop being such a music snob, and enjoy.

I'm not gonna respond to you anymore. You obviously don't understand what it means to be a concert enthusiast...

alex gardner
08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Look at you...being a cunt again.

It has very little with being a fanboy. I don't pay all that money to go to a show and be a fucking critic. I go to see a SHOW. I don't have any intrest in disecting these performances. If I did that I wouldn't enjoy any show I went to. Sometimes you have yo sit back, stop being such a music snob, and enjoy.

I'm not gonna respond to you anymore. You obviously don't understand what it means to be a concert enthusiast...

so does that mean if someone goes out on stage and completely goes through the motions on stage and puts on a poor performance, no one should critique it, because they "went to see a SHOW"? give me a fucking break, if i'm shelling out my hard earned cash, it better be a good show. i had no complaints this coachella, but it is a pretty ignorant statement to say that just because a performance didn't live up to someones standards that they are a music snob and they don't understand what it means to be a concert enthusiast. i think someone who enjoys every concert they go to just so they don't feel like a "music snob" is someone who doesn't know much about music.

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Satori doesn't suit you at all. It's supposed to be enlightenment. Kerouac called it something like kick in the eye. That's what I want when I see a show. I want to be kicked in the face by spontaneity and beauty.

You just want to be entertained in a live venue.

Being critical, even of your favorite bands, is supposed to be the point. If a band fails to deliver, they have failed you. Accept it. Massive Attack has failed me. Depeche Mode, Roger Waters have failed me. Beck continues to fail me by putting out three straight albums of mediocre. It doesn't mean I can't still love them for the great stuff. It just means I won't accept half-assed.

Being a critic is part of being a music fan, it has nothing to do with elitism.

satori777
08-05-2008, 08:47 PM
you're right...it has very little to do with elitism. But seriously...that Massive Attack show dissapointed you? I guess I'm kind of at a loss at what pleases you. What shows have you enjoyed? and if you say Radiohead I'm fucking done

As far as my name goes...the Satori has very little to do with anything you could imagine...it's my daughter's name...ass

wolverine
08-05-2008, 08:50 PM

Nice try. You have the exact same verbage and broiling anger.

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not a Radiohead fan. Yes, I know they invented oral sex and ice cream, but if that means I never have to hear Kid A again, I will gladly give them up.

I'm not sure how you couldn't be disappointed with Massive Attack. Their sound system was a mess. Elizabeth Fraser sounded horrible. All very meh.

Best shows in general I've seen? Bjork at the Pearl. Portishead. Prince. Ani Difranco. Gnarls Barkley. Architecture in Helsinki. Violent Femmes. I don't know, dude. I'm 31 years old. I've seen a LOT of fucking shows. It's all about time and place.

Did you name your daughter that without knowing the meaning then? That's weird.

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice try. You have the exact same verbage and broiling anger.

Can't get anything past this genius, can you? Who's the big winner? Mikey's the big winner! Good for you Mikey!

How does it feel to go through life with mental defects? I'm sure it's been tough. Do you want a lollipop?

psychic friend
08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
garynvegas is not randy so you guys can put an end to that theory. I just checked.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
heh just based on IP, or what?
nah, I'm kidding, I don't doubt the PF
so dani, any problems with my laptop-projector rocky horror plan?

satori777
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Can't get anything past this genius, can you? Who's the big winner? Mikey's the big winner! Good for you Mikey!

How does it feel to go through life with mental defects? I'm sure it's been tough. Do you want a lollipop?

You have lolipops???

wolverine
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I think Gary takes the term "troll" to an entirely new level.

Sad.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
shit, I want a hubba-bubba-pop

JSam67
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I think Gary takes the term "troll" to an entirely new level.

Sad.

Believe it or not, not everyone loved watching a 65 year old, whom they idolized, struggling to hit every note. Get over your Roger Waters worship.

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 09:15 PM
These lollipops aren't free. You really need to exhibit a superior level of special needs to obtain them. Wolverine, take two.

zenidogx
08-05-2008, 09:22 PM
garynvegas is not randy so you guys can put an end to that theory. I just checked.

but who is alex gardner? methinks it's someone's alias.

wolverine
08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Believe it or not, not everyone loved watching a 65 year old, whom they idolized, struggling to hit every note. Get over your Roger Waters worship.

Go back and read this thread. ;)

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:27 PM
solid advice for any poster.
this thread really has covered every angle of the various floyd arguments.
use the search button guys, it's really useful, and I promise on a bottle of tequila I'm not being facetious, sarcastic, or otherwise subversively condescending. it's genuinely useful. it provides relevant results. what more can I say?

PC-2 Violence
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
but who is alex gardner? methinks it's someone's alias.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/alexstrikesback.jpg

This is Alex Gardner.

zenidogx
08-05-2008, 09:32 PM
ha! okay. nevermind then.

alex gardner
08-05-2008, 09:35 PM
here's some more solid advice for future coachella goers:

don't focus on just having a good time and seeing live music, try and stress yourself and your friends out by arguing over which acts to see

bring females with male names (joey, steve, etc.)

get into frozen pilgrims girlfriend's pants by offering her two loonies, a frozen lemonade and two churros

act like a 15 year old and don't let your friends in the tent if they irritate you a little bit

argue with your girlfriend so much over the weekend that everyone around you is convinced that you are an abusive hate monging piece of shit (cough cough frozen pilgrim)

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:36 PM
wow alex, looks like I'll have to let my girlfriend beat the shit out of you next year

wolverine
08-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Is there a mod who can work on the obvious trolling by Alex and Gary? Normally I don't call for this sort of thing but it's so blatantly obvious.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:38 PM
thank you, wolverine.
people need to learn the difference between what's appropriate in a public context (general offensiveness) and not (personal, slander-type bullshit)

honestly, if people are allowed to say that kind of stuff, I'm allowed to find them next year and turn their pus-addled faces into con queso salsa.

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Sigh. After that post, I'd like it on the record that I'm not Alex Gardner either.

It's times like this I hate having a conscience. It was fucked up of me to use that against you, frozen pilgrim, it was done exclusively out of boredom and being mean spirited, so I'm sorry this will probably end up getting thrown at you a lot by people who aren't very clever.

alex gardner
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
wolverine, it's ok to cry over messageboard posts, it's really a normal thing in this day and age. i won't think anything less of your ****** ass, i promise. surround yourself with close friends and family members, they should be in full support of your internet crisis.

garynvegas
08-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Meh, if you want to consider me a troll you can. I write that post before I saw your responses, but it was sincere.

alex gardner
08-05-2008, 09:42 PM
honestly, if people are allowed to say that kind of stuff, I'm allowed to find them next year and turn their pus-addled faces into con queso salsa.

messageboard tears sting....besides, you're a canadian. you guys don't fight, you just cross the border to shop at k-mart and get into car accidents.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Sigh. After that post, I'd like it on the record that I'm not Alex Gardner either.

It's times like this I hate having a conscience. It was fucked up of me to use that against you, frozen pilgrim, it was done exclusively out of boredom and being mean spirited, so I'm sorry this will probably end up getting thrown at you a lot by people who aren't very clever.

dude, honestly, I understand. hahaha believe me, that saturday night argument sucked for me too. enough that joey's not coming next year, as a decision by my girlfriend and myself. we fought because she (our friend) was throwing attention fits from day one, and it buckled saturday night when we wanted to experience prince, and she cried over going to the campground alone. and so me and my girl were both just like 'wtf? did you do that? did I do that?' and then she told us it was her boyfriend back in toronto stressing her out and sunday kicked ass.
gary and your wife, I'm sorry you were there for that. alex wasn't around, and he has no understanding of what you're tlaking about. he also misunderstood the story about joey sleeping outside the tent :P
which was actually like something straight out of fresh prince.

AGH

anyways

I'll try again to get this waters thread on track

WATERS

sunday at coachella.

http://img1.purerave.com/4/04/4599904_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/02/4599902_.jpg

PC-2 Violence
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
solid advice for any poster.
this thread really has covered every angle of the various floyd arguments.
use the search button guys, it's really useful, and I promise on a bottle of tequila I'm not being facetious, sarcastic, or otherwise subversively condescending. it's genuinely useful. it provides relevant results. what more can I say?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/frozenpilgrim.jpg

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:48 PM
dude, the legend of the pink wig grows.
my buddy seamus is gonna be so amused when he finds out :P
he made the avatar

wolverine
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM

JSam, here's Thom singing horribly at Lola2008 at age 40(which I was at, and which had some vocal performances worse than anything Waters did at Coachella). Should we throw him under the bus too? Or how about Dylan?

This is rock, not American Idol.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x0ixyJn15Mg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x0ixyJn15Mg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:53 PM
this is a good point.
although tim armstrong, for the record, takes it too far.
sorry, still pissed about him being strung out on junk last night

wolverine
08-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Back on track:

Set the Controls Coachella 2008:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/stL_OzHP1u8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/stL_OzHP1u8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PC-2 Violence
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
dude, the legend of the pink wig grows.
my buddy seamus is gonna be so amused when he finds out :P
he made the avatar

Your bud seamen and his side-kick "swallows" better not be at the Big Lots! this weekend cause I want there to be some deals left.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/screenshot.jpg

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
what?
and dude- don't show people that you use myspace D:

PC-2 Violence
08-05-2008, 10:08 PM
what?
and dude- don't show people that you use myspace D:

I dont use myspace, it uses me...http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/3042224.jpg

Boourns
08-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Wait, Radiohead was listed in the Coachooser? Ouch.

bluemamba
08-06-2008, 12:18 AM
And I quote, "I'm packing up my stuff and I'm taking my passport and I'm going back to Canada! Three years! THRRREEE YEEEAAARRS and our relationship has never recovered!"

I was there. You suck.

I guess i showed up to my favorite thread a little too late and i was gonna just read and not post anything.... but ohh well.. never too late to start a fight....

First off. gaynvegas.... What the fuck is this???... Nobody is here to talk about Frozen Pilgrim and his girlfriend.... Pilgrim can scream or do whatever the fuck wants. Mind your fucking business in your little tent with your douche husband. Fuck em for once. If i were camping next to you and you were listening to my conversations id pinch a loaf right outside your tent door for you to find in the morning.

Here are my :2c on the matter (ive stated it before so but just post it again for this dumb cunt.)

Roger Waters to me and to most did an awesome job at Coachella. He didnt disappoint me one bit. If you couldn't stand his voice like you make it seem, you should have gotten the fuck out the polo field instead of sticking around for the whole DSOTM and head towards the exits (or towards Justice.... same effect.)

I read a couple of pages earlier about how Gilmour is more easily replaceable than Waters. When it comes to voices, Waters is definitely more hard to replace**. His voice is more unique. But you cant replace Gilmour on guitar especially on Comfortably Numb either. When it comes to voice, its Waters.

For those who were disappointed. What the fuck did you expect?? Roger Waters back in 1977?? the guy is in his 60's. For his age he did a good fucking job. Look at how Dylan sounds. gaynvegas must have been stupid enough to expect the Pink Floyd sound or something.

I had more to say but i forgot. im tired.

(**LISTEN to Pink Floyd's Animals...... if you still dont agree with me then your a troll. Simple as that.)

sbessiso
08-06-2008, 02:59 AM
http://www.dynamist.com/tsos/aaa/queer-eye.jpg

satori777
08-06-2008, 05:23 AM
http://www.dynamist.com/tsos/aaa/queer-eye.jpg

You're a noble person. I know you're trying real hard and I for one appreciate all that you've done to try and gay up this thread.

I mean...it's not easy doing all you do. Doing the thread's hair all pretty like that. Getting it's nails done. Putting a dress on it that's sexy...but not slutty...

psychic friend
08-06-2008, 06:00 AM
both garyn pain and frozen pain need to stop or both will be put in the corner. stop with the threats too. thanks.

satori777
08-06-2008, 09:00 AM
both garyn pain and frozen pain need to stop or both will be put in the corner. stop with the threats too. thanks.

Yay!!! Time outs for everyone!!!

sbessiso
08-06-2008, 09:01 AM
satori777, you make me laugh

satori777
08-06-2008, 09:29 AM
satori777, you make me laugh

I make me laugh too ;-)

sbessiso
08-06-2008, 10:15 AM
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2008/07/jonas-brothers-rolling-stone-cover.jpg

frozen pilgrim
08-06-2008, 10:31 AM
jonas brothers > guitar hero

rock band drums> jonas brothers

PC-2 Violence
08-06-2008, 10:39 AM
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2008/07/jonas-brothers-rolling-stone-cover.jpg

Your efforts are legit sbessiso, but they don't have that STING that you need to get Frozen to write a two page response that involves extensive use of his brand new thesaurus that he bought for this forum.

bluemamba
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
This thread got 39% more gay. Thanks Salah.

sbessiso
08-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Only 39%?? I'm not trying hard enough!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/iHeartHogie/justin_shirtless.jpg

jigsaw
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm not angry. And I'm not Gary. Gary's my husband. I hijacked his account.

I just won't be dismissed by some whiny little wank with a bitch voice who acts superior on a fucking message board. I had to listen to him all. weekend. long.

LOL

Oh shit son! Everyone around me is like "why are you laughing so hard"?

this is great, i have to keep reading

sbessiso
08-06-2008, 12:38 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/boycrazybren_2007/Ashton%20Kutcher/ashton-kutcher-naked.jpg

apostle2
08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
don't say I didn't do my part salah. oh yeah, I am using your name now by the way, helping gay up a thread is the trade off.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/2738863467_456c5a3015.jpg

sbessiso
08-06-2008, 12:53 PM
why thank you apostle!!! (remind me your name)....

http://www.ichatgay.com/img_blog/875.jpg

SoulDischarge
08-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I guess if yr not part of the solution, yr part of the problem, so here's this:

EFJO5LcWGfk

bluemamba
08-06-2008, 02:59 PM
You like em skinny dont you salah.....

Wow my favorite thread has officially been Gay'd.

garynvegas
08-06-2008, 06:04 PM
(**LISTEN to Pink Floyd's Animals...... if you still dont agree with me then your a troll. Simple as that.)

Oh wow. It's that simple then? I thought there were all kinds of experiments and investigations you had to do, meditation, soul-searches, pilgrimages and the like in order to find that out. But who knew all I had to do in order to find out my true nature was to put on Animals and agree with you? My youth's been wasted!

Look bluemamba, I can see that English isn't your first language, so I'll ESL it for you and talk real slow-like.

Because I was unimpressed with Roger Waters as a live act does not mean I am not a Pink Floyd or a Roger Waters fan. It simply means that from my angle on the field, he sounded like shit. I was not distracted by the pretty lights. It wasn't because I didn't ingest enough drugs to truly "get" it. It just means I found the entire show to be contrived and lacking. Again, I saw the Division Bell tour 15 years ago. There were flying pigs and screens and lasers. Roger Waters did nothing new or exciting for me. He bored me. I'm not in high school anymore. I need more than a strobe light to keep me entertained. That said, I'm not throwing away all my Floyd albums and burning The Wall in effigy. I will just never willingly pay money to see him live again.

I think it's obvious why people take issue with this thread. If someone had titled it "Hey Roger Waters was awesome" most people would have gone about their business. But the title is BEST SHOW EVAH! How could it be the best show ever if even the biggest fanboys can only come up with Dylan's voice being haggard as their best defense?

Or maybe it's because some of the least coherent posters on the planet have converged on it.

I mean seriously, do you even try?

I mean, I get it. You're barely out of your parent's basement, and you still have a black light in your bedroom, and Dark Side changed your life. I've been there. But that doesn't make you sound like any less of a retard.

Besides, you're one of those Floyd fans who thinks Animals is the bestest, but you have Syd Barrett for your avatar to keep your cred. I can't take you seriously.

frozen pilgrim
08-06-2008, 06:06 PM
hey gary (I know it's gary's wife but gary's easier)-
don't bother in this thread hahahahaha
that's why you and I got off on a bad foot here. it's impossible for a reasonable opinion to shine through all this psychobabble. people like myself or you end up just desperately trying to get people to be somewhat reasonable

Sonicifyouwantit
08-06-2008, 07:02 PM
what what what??

zenidogx
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
what happened to this thread?!
it should have died a long while ago.

i'll say it again, though:
Waters is like a composer.
he puts shows together and provides musicians to give it life.
his current band is no Pink Floyd, but they still put on a great performance. well, except for the Gilmour stand-in. however, the lead female vocalist really turned it on during Great Gig and Mother.
in addition to the performers, Waters adds the surround sound to let the sound effects on certain songs get into your head. to top it all off, he adds the visuals to trigger your imagination and let your mind go free.

joppy-slow
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/boycrazybren_2007/Ashton%20Kutcher/ashton-kutcher-naked.jpg

ha ha ha... made me laugh...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/tommydrop17/gayness1.jpg

satori777
08-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I mean, I get it. You're barely out of your parent's basement, and you still have a black light in your bedroom, and Dark Side changed your life. I've been there. But that doesn't make you sound like any less of a retard.

I live in the garage, not the basement. Am I still a retard? And where's that lolli you promised?

And I think sbessiso promised that someone around here was gonna get some buttsechs...

This thread is full of broken promises and wasted dreams....

I gotta go though, my level 5 wizard is about to beat on a level 16 warlord and I have to get good pictures so the people on the D&D message boards believe that it happened...and I have to buy a new blacklight bulb so I can keep my DSOTM poster glowing.

Here's what I'm tired of. A bunch of whinny douche bags who believe their opinion is better than every one else's and that THEY are the fucking goD of music. I respect that any one on this board has an opinion. It seems to me that none of you other fuckers do. Especially you Gary. You're the bees knees of opinion whoring. I get it. You've been around the block...way around the block...

And this Division Bell that you're so proud of? Almost worse than Momentary Lapse of Talent. Good thing Dave didn't write it...he wouldn't want his good name tarnished.

Now can we all just get oiled up and do the YMCA dance...c'mon guys...I wanna' be the Indian.

zenidogx
08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
i call police officer

frozen pilgrim
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I have to find some decent pictures of my friends' band opening for the misfits dressed as the village people. the crowd's reaction was priceless.

satori777
08-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I have to find some decent pictures of my friends' band opening for the misfits dressed as the village people. the crowd's reaction was priceless.

do you have a crowd shot? If so...I wanna see...

sbessiso
08-07-2008, 12:42 AM
http://z.about.com/d/tvcomedies/1/0/L/0/-/-/barney.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/7/2007/08/bass.jpg

frozen pilgrim
08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I forget... did he actually go to space?

sbessiso
08-07-2008, 12:49 AM
You like em skinny dont you salah.....

Wow my favorite thread has officially been Gay'd.

I like them in all shapes and sizes. That's a fact.

and seriously, does ANYONE read gary's long-ass posts???

edit: Negative, Pilgrim. He couldnt raise the dough. cheap ass

frozen pilgrim
08-07-2008, 12:51 AM
thought so. too bad, he seemed to eager in that picture. haha watch justin go on virgin galactic, and send him the pictures in the mail just to rub shit in

satori777
08-07-2008, 05:45 AM

I just caught the part that perfectly described my sad excuse for an existance in my 'rents garage...

Garynvegas is kind of like Hitler in that he knows everything but is so rarely right...

This thread has now ended...let it rest in peace. Remember it for what it was and has been and meant to all of us. This thread was a shining beacon of light in a world filled with only the cold sting of night. Thank you thread, for helping me not only see the world as it really is, but helping me to see me for the first time. You will be missed...

PS...for good measure...Hitler did it...

someone
08-07-2008, 08:33 AM
You no longer need to direct your posts at my husband. My account finally got activated. You have free reign, use it wisely.

Okay, I think I get it now. You don't read my posts. Am I right? I was confused the first few times, but now I think it's clear.

What isn't so clear to me is whether or not you're gay. Are you? Gay, I mean. Because it's ever so confusing.

I like that I'm Hitler now. People need to start saluting me when I enter.

And Jesus Christ, satori. I thought you were at least somewhat brighter than poor ESL bluemamba, but apparently not. I'll just have to talk to you like I'm talking to a four year old.

I wasn't defending Division Bell the album. I just saw Floyd on that tour. Or the tour where they recorded Pulse, to make it easier for you to understand. And Gilmour did write most of the Division Bell dear, Wright just sang on it. I think pilgrim's right. You people are hopelessly dense.

zenidogx
08-07-2008, 08:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/ipalatt/die_thread_die.jpg

frozen pilgrim
08-07-2008, 08:42 AM
got your own account!
heh yeah you're beginning to see my point.
it's not for a lack of time spend listening to and pondering floyd, it's just, well, fanboyinternetism. you see the exact same thing any time anyone mentions a mac, a PC, or a video game console in a comparative context. heh.
glad we've come around to seeing eye to eye :)

bartelby
08-07-2008, 10:01 AM
how is this thread still going?

let it go people

sbessiso
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm not gay

rage patton
08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm not gay

This is definately sig worthy.

frozen pilgrim
08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I'd say so!

wolverine
08-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Again, I saw the Division Bell tour 15 years ago. There were flying pigs and screens and lasers.

There were no flying pigs on that tour. Nice try though.

I think it's obvious why people take issue with this thread. If someone had titled it "Hey Roger Waters was awesome" most people would have gone about their business. But the title is BEST SHOW EVAH! How could it be the best show ever if even the biggest fanboys can only come up with Dylan's voice being haggard as their best defense?

What's happened is a few hardcore posters here are angry that this is the most popular thread after Coachella 2008, and not Portishead. They can't stand seeing it at the top of the forum because if offends them, so they are trying to kill it. So instead of propping up the forgotten Portishead thread with positive vibes, they are trying to kill this one. It's really quite simple. Some of them even go as far as making up things (like seeing TDB tour 15 years ago with flying pigs).

This thread still exists because many Coachella veterans claimed this was the best show they had ever seen. Go back and read the thread from page one

frozen pilgrim
08-07-2008, 06:29 PM
please stop dragging portishead into this- nobody's mentioned them in pages, you witless fuck.

wolverine
08-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Thom Yorke and Radiohead should hang it up because this was an awful vocal and band performance:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckfaFqselTQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckfaFqselTQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nothing at Waters was even close to being this fudged. Yorke was really struggling. The band was out of key too.

But...so what? I don't go to a rock show to see perfect vocals and the mindless, horrible precision of Dream Theater.

frozen pilgrim
08-07-2008, 06:37 PM
okay, dani, can we please ban wolverine? he's just randomly comparing waters to one band after another in a blatant attempt to pick fights.
wolverine, you're the centrepiece of this monumental flood of brainless meat-sacks that're ruining the board.

someone
08-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Sorry to disappoint you wolverine, but there were flying pigs. Were they carried over the crowd and then released? No. They were on the side of the stages face down, and then flew up, kinda like a catalyst. Relatively small compared to the pig Waters floated about.

But oh wait, that's right. I'm so thoroughly invested in this ruse of Portishead versus Waters, that I've chosen to make things up. I can't believe how see through I have become, so blinded my own trickery.

I need to go buy a lot more lollipops. Things are getting short bus in here.

wolverine
08-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Sorry to disappoint you wolverine, but there were flying pigs. Were they carried over the crowd and then released? No. They were on the side of the stages face down, and then flew up, kinda like a catalyst. Relatively small compared to the pig Waters floated about.

That's correct. They sat in turrets on the side of the stage.

Another poster with one post? Interesting.

wolverine
08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
okay, dani, can we please ban wolverine? he's just randomly comparing waters to one band after another in a blatant attempt to pick fights.
wolverine, you're the centrepiece of this monumental flood of brainless meat-sacks that're ruining the board.

Calm down Pilgirm. Your anger is getting the best of you again. My only point with the video was that usually complaints of "poor vocals" from rock bands in a live setting is fairly meaningless. It wasn't meant to rile anything up, just using a popular example. :)

someone
08-07-2008, 06:53 PM
That's correct. They sat in turrets on the side of the stage.

Another poster with one post? Interesting.

Holy shit.

malcolmjamalawesome
08-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I would just like to announce that I agree with whomever has more posts.

frozen pilgrim
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Calm down Pilgirm. Your anger is getting the best of you again. My only point with the video was that usually complaints of "poor vocals" from rock bands in a live setting is fairly meaningless. It wasn't meant to rile anything up, just using a popular example. :)

wolverine:
stop drawing comparisons.
and stop talking to me. you know what? just leave.

wolverine
08-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I used to be in a punk band that went through a bunch of names.

No shit. Explains the crazy mood swings.

SoulDischarge
08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/actors/paul-lynde/PaulLynde2.jpg

sbessiso
08-07-2008, 08:11 PM
This is definately sig worthy.

You don't know me!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Great_WhiteSnark/182848__bird_l.jpg

SoulDischarge
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
o-p-u-l-e-n-c-e you own everything.

http://www.timeout.com/img/20707/w513/image.jpg

frozen pilgrim
08-08-2008, 06:10 AM
No shit. Explains the crazy mood swings.

I don't even remember what thread that was in. good god you're a desperate little troll, aren't you, you little 12 year old bitch

bluemamba
08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Frozen shut up already.

frozen pilgrim
08-08-2008, 09:39 AM
...coming from you, no
you and wolverine are the reason that
a) this thread went to hell months ago
b) many of the board's most useful and intelligent members are intentionally avoiding this place

bluemamba
08-08-2008, 09:55 AM
...coming from you, no
you and wolverine are the reason that
a) this thread went to hell months ago
b) many of the board's most useful and intelligent members are intentionally avoiding this place

But coming from randy then yes............. right??

Wolverine has made some good points. What is it you have against him??

Wheres the beef?
08-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Dude just don't feed the fucking trolls. If you ignore it, the cancer will go away.

bluemamba
08-08-2008, 10:06 AM
just put us all on ignore then

wolverine
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
I don't get it bluemamba. There's a lot of anger for whatever reason. Nothing wrong with some civility while posting.

sbessiso
08-08-2008, 03:20 PM
http://zashleyunahistoriadeamor.nireblog.com/blogs/zashleyunahistoriadeamor/files/zac-efron-portada.jpg

BROKENDOLL
08-08-2008, 04:31 PM
You no longer need to direct your posts at my husband. My account finally got activated. You have free reign, use it wisely.

Okay, I think I get it now. You don't read my posts. Am I right? I was confused the first few times, but now I think it's clear.

What isn't so clear to me is whether or not you're gay. Are you? Gay, I mean. Because it's ever so confusing.

I like that I'm Hitler now. People need to start saluting me when I enter.

And Jesus Christ, satori. I thought you were at least somewhat brighter than poor ESL bluemamba, but apparently not. I'll just have to talk to you like I'm talking to a four year old.

I wasn't defending Division Bell the album. I just saw Floyd on that tour. Or the tour where they recorded Pulse, to make it easier for you to understand. And Gilmour did write most of the Division Bell dear, Wright just sang on it. I think pilgrim's right. You people are hopelessly dense. "Someone." Hmm, "Someone." I keep repeating the name to myself thinking, "And this is comes from someone who thinks we're hopelessly dense?"

I'm not gay But, he is one "Thilly and thavage Mutha fucker!" :)-

http://zashleyunahistoriadeamor.nireblog.com/blogs/zashleyunahistoriadeamor/files/zac-efron-portada.jpg Fuck me. Dammit, obsessiso! You know I'm too old for that shit!

BROKENDOLL
08-08-2008, 04:33 PM
What was this God Damned thread about again?

someone
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
"Someone." Hmm, "Someone." I keep repeating the name to myself thinking, "And this is comes from someone who thinks we're hopelessly dense?"

I'm pretty sure this doesn't make any sense.

BROKENDOLL
08-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure this doesn't make any sense. I didn't think it would to a lurker with a brain capacity to come up with the name, "someone."

bluemamba
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I didn't think it would to a lurker with a brain capacity to come up with the name, "someone."

Dont even bother with that certain "someone". Its not worth it.

mittens4kittens
09-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Poor Syd Barret...

CalmerThanYou
09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
lol

Trick Loves The Kids
10-03-2008, 03:38 PM
bump for the best show in world history

frozen pilgrim
10-03-2008, 04:04 PM
oh god, not this again >.<

allow me to repost some pretty pictures to support your point, and to prevent first-glance lurkers from reading any of this and starting this argument again. nothing personal, trick, you know I got your back, b

http://img1.purerave.com/4/98/4599898_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/99/4599899_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/00/4599900_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/01/4599901_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/02/4599902_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/03/4599903_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/04/4599904_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/05/4599905_.jpg

http://img1.purerave.com/4/28/4600028_.jpg

digitaldragon03
10-03-2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20764

The people have spoken.

Portishead > Every other act in 2008.

CalmerThanYou
10-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Frozen, GREAT pics man.

frozen pilgrim
10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
thanks, dude! they got kinda buried in my gigantic flurry of 2008 photos, I wasn't sure how many people got to see them.

RotationSlimWang
10-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, just keep posting pictures cause lord knows if you actually show evidence of the music being played your argument is in the shitter.

Jew'd Law
10-03-2008, 07:09 PM
bump for the best show in world history

ah, the musings of youth.

MarkO
10-03-2008, 07:47 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/2586259686_7de2e3e1d2_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/2585426139_c9c167ed4e_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/2585425405_6483177e43_o.jpg

boyalien0
10-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Epic. I still dream about this show. I can still hear how crystal that sound was. Best Fucking Show of My Life. The only thing that could have made it better is if the leaflets actually hit their target.

frozen pilgrim
10-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I didn't know it was supposed to land until I read the reports. I thought it was just stuff for the spotlights to play with- like a glittery jetstream from the plane.

I don't know what'll happen next year, btu I have faith it'll be mind blowing.

boyalien0
10-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I looked up and saw the stuff streaming down, and then it just kind of disappeared as the wind shifted. I promptly forgot about it, but if all that stuff had rained down on our heads I might have just lost my mind. In a good way. In the BEST way.

PotVsKtl
10-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Only gays disliked this performance. Randy tried to hug me at Coachella. True story.

shotglass75
10-05-2008, 08:11 AM
I haven't been on here in a while and I am really hungover so I am pretty lazy right now but does anyone know if there are any bootleg videos of this show floating around?

frozen pilgrim
10-05-2008, 11:55 AM
as far as I know there's a distinct lack of decent video.
there's a good audience recording floating around in the bootleg thread, though

BROKENDOLL
10-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Bootlegs, torrents, and a shitload of file types comfuse the shit out of me when it comes to downloading, but there was an ad in Rolling Stone (I think it was RS) that linked to a website for what I thought was a variety of music shit. I ended up surfing around the links and found this imfo...PINK FLOYD: A Treeful of Secrets/ 18 CDs- shn files. It referred to megaupload at the time with a note that rapidshare.com was to come. I printed out 23 pages of quality boots, etc, but haven't gotten around to going any further. Maybe one of you guys with more download knowledge would like to check it out. (I'll scan the imfo page and post again here shortly.) I know it's not a boot of the Coach show, but it still caught my attention.

frozen pilgrim
10-05-2008, 12:39 PM
word, thanks, brokendoll! I'm heading out to buy stuff for an elaborate dinner, but yeah, if you want to post that stuff, I'll stretch my bandwidth like a dirty whore, download everything I can, and see if I can supply my fellow coachellan-floydians with some nice remasters

BROKENDOLL
10-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Okay, here's the first page that caught my attention. Like I said, I'm an idiot when it comes to downloading, torrents, etc, and maybe you guys already have accounts and the knowledge it takes...Let me know what you think and maybe you can help me out~

BROKENDOLL
10-05-2008, 12:56 PM
word, thanks, brokendoll! I'm heading out to buy stuff for an elaborate dinner, but yeah, if you want to post that stuff, I'll stretch my bandwidth like a dirty whore, download everything I can, and see if I can supply my fellow coachellan-floydians with some nice remasters Well, Pilgrim...(John Wayne voice) You may be a dirty whore, you like Pink Floyd, and you can cook...Works for me! :)

RotationSlimWang
10-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Only gays disliked this performance. Randy tried to hug me at Coachella. True story.

You did hug me, and in fact you tried to grab my butt.

ClassicCultRecords
10-05-2008, 11:12 PM
i got some tears down when pink floyd starded...
woah....
coachella is the best, i wish it was forever

joppy-slow
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Adam Freeland's review of RW:

Inspired by Coachella.
Current mood: awake
Category: Music

Just back down to earth from an EPIC Coachella weekend.

Its the 4th time I've played the festival and it just keeps getting better.

The line up was just over the top. There were so many of my favorite artists I didn't get to see and a few I did.

I was gutted to have missed Dan Deacon, the funniest man in music. I was playing after Sebastian and Busy P so was focused on listening to them to make sure i didn't play the same tunes. Good job i did too!

Autolux were good as ever, but it felt way to early in the day to put a band of that caliber on a stage in the blazing sun. Watching MIA was like witnessing a Riot, such an amazing energy . Love n Rockets were great for nostalgias sake, but didnt sound particularly tight. Portishead were unexpectedly amazing. Soooooooo heavy and throbbing droney feedback joy. Totally my kind of thing. Prince was dissapointing. He's one of my heroes but It felt like he underestimated the Coachella crowd. Its one of the most loyal and knowledgeable music loving crowds there is and it felt like he was playing to a shopping mall audience.
Loads of other quality acts i half saw and heard.

But Roger Waters !!! OMG! (Admittedly I started the show on a high. My friends Shane and Bozza got married on the grass looking over the stage and as he kissed the bride Roger hit his first note of his show as if on perfect magical cue!. ) I have never witnessed such an awesome production on every level. Full surround sound around the entire crowd, throwing helicopters noises and 'If you don' eat your meat you cant have any pudding!' around your head. Unbelievably high definition visuals, a flying space man, a flying pig, a real airplane! which sprayed the crowd on perfect musical cue with a million tiny pieces of paper which read 'Obama √ ' ( well actually most of the contents of the plane missed the crowd and spread over the nearby town, but its was the thought that counts :)
All sounds like gimmicks but what made it so special is having listened to Pink Floyd albums a thousand times the production brought out the message behind the music that had largely passed me by. I've never had an experience like, it people were freaking out, screaming in disbelief at what was going on, kids that had stumbled past and just thought Pink Floyd were a stoner hippie band their parents listened to, were have serious revelations all around us. As it closed with a majestic pyrotechnical wallop, people reluctantly walked away gasping, all you could hear was the murmur amongst what seemed like everybody of "that was the best thing i've ever seen, that was the best thing i've ever seen,that was the best thing i've ever seen, Oh my God what just happened, that was the best thing i've ever seen" .
Hate to sounds blasphemous to our electronic gods Daft Punk whose pyramid blew my mind ,but that show raised the bar on every level. I was semi high , but i walked away crying, bleating "Man, we just witness the beginning of the revolution!"

I spoke to some people non plussed about the gig only to find out they were watching from the VIP area, which was outside of the catchment of the 3D sound. LAMOS! (Note to self. 'Never ever judge a band unless you are down there with the crowd IN IT! ' Anyway Roger rant over.

I loved playing my gig too. I decided pretty last minute that just rocking up with a box of records wasn't really going to cut it. I was thinking ' I LOVE this festival,, they have shown me alot of love by booking me so many times, I needed to raise my game.' So I thought i'd go over the top. We got a whole posse of friends to wear Intergalactic choir Robes, rock inflatable 'F' balloons, come on stage to my intro of Rolling Stones "Give me Shelter' and stage dive. Most of them bottled the stage dive , the sight must have been ridiculous, we threw together some visuals with Johhny deKam and Bree and Richard Happy programmed a massive LED ticker in front of the decks, he sat their suited up on the bassbin in front of me, typing realtime mad rants at the crowd, we also had body popping Storm troopers and I made some special remixes and edits for the gig, like Data rock's Computer cab Aerodynamik, mashed up with 'O-B-A-M-A from a speak n spell (which by I've posted on the myspace player) I got a bit over exited by the whole thing and finished with a stage div to' We want your soul'. Looking at the pics, if quite chuffed with the air i caught on that one!

Wanted to send big love to everybody who came out, and in particular to all my Intergalactic space choir who decided not to take the Robes off all weekend and introduced themselves as 'Freeland fighters' . To every passer by who asked "what the fuck is the deal with those robes"
You peoples ROOOOOOOOOOOOL. Thankyou!

Adam

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-07-2008, 05:48 AM
I agree on with this review %100. I have said that watching Prince after Portishead felt like watching a Vegas Lounge act after watching gods (Portishead in my mind sounded like what I think Led Zeppelin must've sounded like in their prime...). Even though the Creep cover was pretty epic...:)

magmazing
10-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Coming soon to a torrent site near you:
http://www.kickstartmultimedia.com/rogerwatersdvd.jpg

It only took me 6 months get off my ass and make it... I won't mail copies. I won't take money for copies. I make this stuff because I like the creation process.

If you need a refresher on what the footage looks like, find it at my youtube page in my sig.

Trudeau
10-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Nice!

CalmerThanYou
10-28-2008, 01:52 PM
some great vids!

Boourns
10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Oooh, can't wait to see this.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-28-2008, 02:17 PM
What site can I expect to find this at? Btjunkie, pirate bay, etc...? Thats amazing that you got the entire 2.5 hours

magmazing
10-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Well I didn't get the ENTIRE performance. I skipped the encore after Dark Side of the Moon, but I included the 5 songs of the encore as the background music to the 5 menu pages I ended up with. So in a way it worked out.

I haven't really decided where to put it up yet. I want everyone to be able to access it, but I don't want hundreds of people trying to download it from me all at once at first when I'm the only seeder. So with that I'm probably not going to announce where or when right away just so it doesn't get bombarded from the get go. For now I'll just vaguely say it'll be put up sometime in the next 2 weeks at a known location.

The other piece of info is that the dvd will burn to a single layer disk. I had juggled the idea of making it a dual-layer, but decided uploading an 8+ gig dvd would've been too much. Plus, I've never had a dual-layer disk ever burn without glitches on the layer change.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
oh fuck yes. you fucking rock dude.

also bump for BEST CONCERT IN WORLD HISTORY!!!!!!

magmazing
10-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Arrrr! It be Halloween and I be talkin like a "Pirate" this day. I be pillaging a "torrent" of candy, so if ye wish not to walk the plank avoid my ship in the "Bay".

;)

Trick Loves The Kids
10-31-2008, 02:03 PM
you rule man :)

LooseAtTheZoo
11-02-2008, 07:00 AM
So I've been checking all the sites I assume it would be posted on...have you not upped it yet?

magmazing
11-02-2008, 11:30 AM
So I've been checking all the sites I assume it would be posted on...have you not upped it yet?

Seriously? You didn't clue in on my cryptic Halloween post?

LooseAtTheZoo
11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Seriously? You didn't clue in on my cryptic Halloween post?

I skimmed right past it. Thanks

LooseAtTheZoo
11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Can someone help me out? I've downloaded all the files but don't know how to convert them to burn onto a DVD. I have a mac OSX, and am not very computer literate. I just want to watch this f'n DVD!

magmazing
11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Whatever software you use to burn DVDs should have the option to burn a "Video DVD" You'll know it's a video DVD because the burning program will show two default folders...

Audio_TS

and

Video_TS

Put all the files that are in the Video_TS folder of the torrent into the Video_TS folder that shows up on the burning program and burn the dvd.

If you're just burning straight files, it's obviously not going to play in a dvd player.

Programs like Nero or EZ CD/DVD Creator all have this function. The fact you have a Mac makes me someone who can't really help much since I don't use Macs and never plan to.

But really, it should be a very simple process considering how common dvd burning has become.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the help, but my problem is finding software to actually burn with that will give me those features you're talking about. So far I've tried "Burn" and something called "DVD Copy," and they don't seem to offer anything of the sort you talked about. Would you happen to know of a free, good piece of software to use (i keep trying to download toast by roxio but can't seem to find it for free anywhere).

satori777
11-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the help, but my problem is finding software to actually burn with that will give me those features you're talking about. So far I've tried "Burn" and something called "DVD Copy," and they don't seem to offer anything of the sort you talked about. Would you happen to know of a free, good piece of software to use (i keep trying to download toast by roxio but can't seem to find it for free anywhere).

lrn2DVD

LooseAtTheZoo
11-10-2008, 04:01 PM
lrn2DVD

Do you want to know how gullible I am? I actually just typed that into Google thinking it was a program for burning DVDs

satori777
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Do you want to know how gullible I am? I actually just typed that into Google thinking it was a program for burning DVDs

I can't stop laughing...ha

seriously though...Just load all the files in to Nero DVD creator and it'll sort it out for you

CalmerThanYou
11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
i just listened to Sheep on the way home from work today, and got chills up and down my spine during the breakdown (when the pig came out...), then thought about fireballs shooting into the air when they bring it back.

edit: fixed.

satori777
11-12-2008, 01:57 PM
i just listened to Dogs on the way home from work today, and got chills up and down my spine during the breakdown (when the pig came out...), then thought about fireballs shooting into the air when they bring it back.

The song was Sheep...

But yeah, every time I hear that song I'm in a happy place. I like this DVD. I was way in the back under one of the speaker stacks to stage right so I could get a view of the whole thing so this DVD gives me a great chance to see what was happening up on stage. Plus, the quality is pretty damn good.

magmazing
11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
The song was Sheep...

But yeah, every time I hear that song I'm in a happy place. I like this DVD. I was way in the back under one of the speaker stacks to stage right so I could get a view of the whole thing so this DVD gives me a great chance to see what was happening up on stage. Plus, the quality is pretty damn good.

Thanks for the compliments! As someone who works in the tv biz, I set high standards for myself when it comes to recording video and audio.

Xrawrthatboy
11-12-2008, 07:47 PM
this was probably already discussed but werent the visuals 3d?
i just remember thinking. hmmm the 'shrooms never did that before..

frozen pilgrim
11-12-2008, 09:26 PM
no, I dunno what you mean by 3d visuals. nobody was wearing polarized glasses...
the screen images were beautiful, but I duno about "3d"

the SOUND was surround

JSam67
11-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Maybe he means the prism.

magmazing
11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
and the astronaut

CalmerThanYou
11-12-2008, 09:54 PM
and the pig...der.

Xrawrthatboy
11-12-2008, 11:43 PM
bwahahahaha! it mustve been the 'shrooms..
but from what ive read there were really planes dropping shit. thank god.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-13-2008, 04:41 AM
At some point during On The Run, part of the visuals did seem to noticeably jump out of the screen towards you.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-13-2008, 08:27 AM
The amount of drugs I was on made the screen very three dimensional. I had to bug a few strangers before the show started because I could not for the life of me tell what was happening on screen when the hand and the glass and the radio were up. I thought it was inflatable or something.

Roger Waters for 2009.

frozen pilgrim
11-13-2008, 08:34 AM
oh... yeah. yeah I like how the use of smoke, concentrated light, pyrotechnics, and inflatables (not to mention the surround sound) brought what was happening on the screen out into the field.
I just thought that someone was implying the screen itself had some kind of variable-perspective 3d system

Xrawrthatboy
11-13-2008, 10:03 AM
trick as long as you know whats up im satisfied.
either way, great show. i wouldn't bother trying to watch another RW show because i'm sure it couldn't compare.
unless there was a Live 8 type opportunity with the rest of PF. that's a horse of a different color.

CalmerThanYou
11-13-2008, 10:06 AM
cant have the rest of PF with rick wright dead...bro

and all his shows have most of those theatrics (sans the airplane)...i recommend it. i've seen him 5 times, and each has been special in its own regard.

RotationSlimWang
11-13-2008, 10:12 AM
cant have the rest of PF with rick wright dead...bro

and all his shows have most of those theatrics (sans the airplane)...i recommend it. i've seen him 5 times, and each has been special in its own regard.

Did any of them actually involve the music being played well? That would really set them apart from Coachella.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
he had a fucking plane end of discussion

RotationSlimWang
11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
You're a fucking stunt monkey, end of discussion.

Perhaps he should have invested money in people who could sing or play their instruments and left the plane at home. Or maybe the plane could have tried to do the guitar solo from Money. The sound of a propeller cutting a Fender to shreds couldn't possibly be worse than that horseshit they tried to pass off as musicianship.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-13-2008, 10:29 AM
you weren't on enough drugs doggie

RotationSlimWang
11-13-2008, 10:30 AM
I was on six hits of acid, Trick. Somehow I doubt you had me beat.

CalmerThanYou
11-13-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm really surprised that you didnt enjoy it Randy...you were among the few that were hyping it up (along with myself), and i enjoyed it immensely...im genuinely sorry you didnt enjoy it.

perhaps too much acid?

RotationSlimWang
11-13-2008, 10:35 AM
I wish people would stop saying that. It's absurd to think that I would find that performance boring because I was on too much acid. Maybe if I'd been on more I would have been too distracted to notice the complete lack of live musical talent. Or maybe you're all just easily fooled lightweights.

CalmerThanYou
11-13-2008, 10:38 AM
or maybe we just enjoy a hell of a spectacle?

RotationSlimWang
11-13-2008, 10:39 AM
If you just want a spectacle go watch a fucking fireworks show. Concerts are supposed to involve well-played music.

CalmerThanYou
11-13-2008, 10:41 AM
the acid i was on made it one of the best trips ive had...and i love floyd, so i could be partial. nice playing with you

RotationSlimWang
11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
If you really loved them, you would have been insulted by that charade. But we've already been over this discussion a million times so...

Trick Loves The Kids
11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
I was on six hits of acid, Trick. Somehow I doubt you had me beat.

four hits and four pills for waters and then i gobbled somewhere between a 16th and an 8th of shrooms and smoked a joint when i got back to the car

Trick Loves The Kids
11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
whatever let's just hug and hope that the spotlights around coachella are on motors again this year

CalmerThanYou
11-13-2008, 10:55 AM
four hits and four pills for waters and then i gobbled somewhere between a 16th and an 8th of shrooms and smoked a joint when i got back to the car

jesus god, man.

RotationSlimWang
11-13-2008, 10:55 AM
My acid was much better. =)

Fine, hugs. I'm praying for twice as many spotlights and the chinks who handled the olympic opening ceremonies orchestrating the whole thing.

Blinken
11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
With the glow stick drummers of course.

magmazing
11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Fine, hugs. I'm praying for twice as many spotlights and the chinks who handled the olympic opening ceremonies orchestrating the whole thing.

I'm slightly offended by this statement...

RotationSlimWang
11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
If you're only mildly offended by something I said it doesn't count as being actually offended. There are about 15 echelons of offense higher than that. We call those the Randy Echelons.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-13-2008, 01:50 PM
we were driving in to the campsite on thursday night and all the spotlights started to freak out and i was like "damn!" and then coachella 2008 was the best weekend of my life

Ey3con
11-15-2008, 09:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y4Dntp7Oddk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y4Dntp7Oddk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oftheheartofthesoul
11-15-2008, 09:45 PM
It was fun. I was making out the whole time so I couldn't tell you what the hell he was singing but there was the pig and the prism. Good times. Not the best I've seen at Coachella, but good times.

But you know what they say...babies havin' babies.

Tijuana
11-18-2008, 10:29 AM

You must be so proud. Loser.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-18-2008, 01:42 PM
It was fun. I was making out the whole time so I couldn't tell you what the hell he was singing but there was the pig and the prism. Good times. Not the best I've seen at Coachella, but good times.

But you know what they say...babies havin' babies.

That is impressive. Making out nonstop for 2.5 hours

Trick Loves The Kids
11-18-2008, 02:05 PM

It was pretty fun. What's up with you?

Trudeau
11-19-2008, 10:53 AM
My acid was much better. =)

Not cool man.

disqo
11-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Everybody loses. Both performances sucked, especially for that $322.00 ticket. Coachella loses. Bonnaroo didn't just de-throne them this year, they beat the living shit out of them.

Fail.

disqo
11-20-2008, 11:09 AM

Whats worse? A druggie or a hater.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
ajksslaaaa i did some drugs to see roger waters at an annual music festival... im so fuckin strung out i can barely type... brb as i break into my moms car for drug money

lowfront
11-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I had the best night of my life Sunday night

Roger Waters was absolutely amazing

Modeslektor

Simian

Roger

Justice

best combination ever

Trick Loves The Kids
11-20-2008, 03:05 PM
coachella is the best place to take drugs on the planet

faxman75
12-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Did any of them actually involve the music being played well? That would really set them apart from Coachella.

Where were all these musical fuck ups by the way? I heard a near flawless set and an awesome replication of classic songs. I saw Waters a year prior do the DSOTM and have fire and pigs as well but the entire show at Coachella was twice as good when it came to music, sound and theatrics. He doesn't have a bunch of amateurs up there playing with him. You make it sound like he had some crappy back up band up there.

I don't know what acid you took but my god that was an amazing fucking show.

Wheres the beef?
12-03-2008, 02:12 PM
What you arent understanding is that Randy can hear a far wider spectrum of sounds than the normal human being and he can dissect and analyze each frequency simultaneously in real time better then the best spy computers at the CIA. He compared these frequencies and the timing to other pink floyd renditions he had stored in his mental data bank to determine the authenticity of the sounds and his analysis reveals they were less than a 99% match which is insufficient.

psychoc&ndy
12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
What you arent understanding is that Randy can hear a far wider spectrum of sounds than the normal human being and he can dissect and analyze each frequency simultaneously in real time better then the best spy computers at the CIA. He compared these frequencies and the timing to other pink floyd renditions he had stored in his mental data bank to determine the authenticity of the sounds and his analysis reveals they were less than a 99% match which is insufficient.

haha that is excellent

boarderwoozel3
12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
coachella is the best place to take drugs on the planet

Truth.

frozen pilgrim
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
serious. makes we wish I hadn't quit all serotonergic drugs

CalmerThanYou
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
you can still get high on life!

:/

frozen pilgrim
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I can still get high on weed, alcohol, and certain herbals. I just don't fuck with my 5-ht system at the moment. my life is, to say the least, turbulent and unusual, and I learned the hard way that when shulgin and hoffman and all the elders told us not to take psychedelics while under psychological and emotional stress, they weren't kidding.

coachella could be the perfect place to, at the very least, put a positive note at the end of my psychonautic career.

CalmerThanYou
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
yes, i hear you. i just stick to heavy doses of cocaine and heroine in time of need.

;)

frozen pilgrim
12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
won't touch coke. moral issue.

CalmerThanYou
12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
i was being facetious brother.

frozen pilgrim
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
:P I know

but yeah.
my untouchables are opiates (except for a genuine medical context), methamphetamine, and cocaine. just because of where I grew up.

Bud Luster
12-03-2008, 06:03 PM
You make it sound like he had some crappy back up band up there.

Actually, he did, didnt he. It wasnt anywhere near what a Floyd musical experience should be. Their tour w/o Waters was far, far superior. That boat has sailed. The visual element was stunning though.

frozen pilgrim
12-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Their tour w/o Waters was far, far superior.

the division bell tour sounded like SHIT.

I'm not discrediting the rest of the floyd. gilmour and wright's on an island tour was beautiful. but come on, man. the division bell tour had a few moments (the comfortably numb solo comes to mind), but for the most part, the production was so incredibly overblown that it made it almost unlistenable. why the hell did they need a second drummer with a po-boy hat and a ponytail jumping around like an idiot?

roger waters in 08' was awesome.

Cherita Chen
12-03-2008, 07:23 PM
roger waters real shitty! he old!

zenidogx
12-03-2008, 08:06 PM
chut da phuck up!

malcolmjamalawesome
12-04-2008, 05:54 AM
serious. makes we wish I hadn't quit all serotonergic drugs

What's your reasoning

frozen pilgrim
12-04-2008, 07:41 AM
my reasoning for quitting? or for thinking coachella's the perfect place to trip