PDA

View Full Version : Monolith Music Festival

Pages : [1] 2

AxYoung
04-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Starting to get our first few confirmations...

Confirmed:

* CSS
* Mickey Avalon
* TV on the Radio

Rumored:

* British Sea Power

http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/monolith-music-fesitval/

Young blood
04-25-2008, 05:30 PM
score. TV on the radio.

The cribs uk will be there too.

Young blood
04-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Holy Fuck!,
Idlemine,
Akron/Family,
PWRFL POWER

GnarVee
04-27-2008, 01:16 AM
MICKEY AVALON!

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!

MONOLITH>COACHELLA

Young blood
04-28-2008, 10:14 AM
found a loophole in their site it also shows stage times
http://www.monolithfestival.com/artists
More TBA!

A Place To Bury Strangers
Airborne Toxic Event
Akron/Family
Band of Horses
Blitzen Trapper
Bright Channel
Cameron McGill & What Army
Chester French
CSS (Cansei de Ser Sexy)
Cut Copy
Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip
Darker My Love
Del tha Funky Homosapien
Devotchka
Grampall Jookabox
Hearts of Palm
Hercules and Love Affair
Holy Fuck
John Vanderslice
Justice
Mickey Avalon
Neko Case
Neon Neon
Pop Levi
PWRFL POWER
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
Silversun Pickups
Superdrag
The Avett Brothers
The Bronx
The Cribs
The Elms
The Fratellis
The Giraffes
The Heavy
The Hood Internet
The Kills
The Night Marchers
The Morning Benders
The Photo Atlas
The Presets
The Rosewood Thieves
Tilly and the Wall
Tokyo Police Club
TV on the Radio
Vampire Weekend
White Denim

BlackSwan
04-28-2008, 12:21 PM
sick lineup

ThomThom
04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Very nice.

Young blood
04-28-2008, 12:40 PM
the best part about it is they can only sell 8,00-10,000 tickets a day because of venue capcity

which is "9450"

Last year was so nice to able to move around with small crowds and meet many of the artists.

miseducation
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
First fest with Hercules and Love Affair (Unless APW gets them... Please, PLEASE!)

What a great lineup though, so varied and full of great small bands.

How does the stage setup work here? I am correct in saying there's only one stage at Red Rocks, right?

Young blood
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Last year they had 5 stages. A lot of people will bitch because the hike up and down the stairs.

There is the main stage,
A stage up top behind where all the seats are,
Two conference centers/red rocks museums/stages underneath and behind the seating area that are like small clubs,
Another stage off to the side of the main stage that all works out quite well.

And the beer sponsor is fat tire...mmmmmm...

Im sure this lineup is what you will see at treasure island festival too.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM
this looks fantastic!! what a lovely gift to have at red rocks!

kimmiesplitz
04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I love Fecher and Monolith and i'd climb up and down stairs all day for the lineup!! Remember all bands were small at first...

Young blood
04-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Website is up with ticket prices

$110 woohoo!

http://www.monolithfestival.com/

PS Fecher is a cool guy, he gave me a bunch of free swag last year.

ThomThom
04-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow, this is a fantastic lineup.

canexplain
04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
so yb, did ya see, guess we wont have the pig tomorrow :( ... i dont get off work till 500 so wont get to waters before 630 or so... might see you in the smoking section during a break .... i have to go to mono this year .. so tics are up eh ... hummmmm ....x****

Young blood
04-29-2008, 11:30 AM
They better have a backup pig! We are in sec 148 we will look for you and join you for a beer.

HunterGather
04-30-2008, 07:20 AM
I've never been to Monolith, but theres multiple stages right?
If so, where exactly are they located?
When I went to Red Rocks for Daft, it didnt really look like it was big enough to have 1 or 2 extra stages...but then again, I wasn't REALLY looking for that...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow, this is a fantastic lineup.

You coming up for this Sasha?

Young blood
04-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Last year they had 5 stages. A lot of people will bitch because the hike up and down the stairs.

There is the main stage,
A stage up top behind where all the seats are,
Two conference centers/red rocks museums/stages underneath and behind the seating area that are like small clubs,
Another stage off to the side of the main stage that all works out quite well.

And the beer sponsor is fat tire...mmmmmm...

Im sure this lineup is what you will see at treasure island festival too.

I've never been to Monolith, but theres multiple stages right?
If so, where exactly are they located?
When I went to Red Rocks for Daft, it didnt really look like it was big enough to have 1 or 2 extra stages...but then again, I wasn't REALLY looking for that...

check their website they have pics from last year in them you will see the new Belgium stage that was up top.

shakermaker113
05-01-2008, 06:50 PM
I really want to fucking go to this. better wait for the treasure island lineup and see the overlap though. hmm.

I need to visit red rocks some time though. and this line up is great. and fat tire? drool...

Young blood
05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I think the presale went pretty quick I tried at about 4:00 and it wouldnt let me buy tickets.

Sushov23
05-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I really wanna go to this. With all the bands playing around september, I have HIGH hope for Street Scene this year.

Young blood
05-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I really want to fucking go to this. better wait for the treasure island lineup and see the overlap though. hmm.

I need to visit red rocks some time though. and this line up is great. and fat tire? drool...

The schedule is already up on their website.(Monolith) Overlap is a breeze it so easy to go from stage to stage with very minimal sound bleed over. I think its because the way redrocks is designed.

I really wanna go to this. With all the bands playing around september, I have HIGH hope for Street Scene this year.

go. Its really worth it for small crowd sizes. The weather was so beautiful last year. It was so prefect.

ThomThom
05-01-2008, 10:40 PM
You coming up for this Sasha?

No Marco, although this would be a great reason to FINALLY go to my beloved Red Rocks for the first time, financially I can't do it.

canexplain
05-02-2008, 06:49 AM
No Marco, although this would be a great reason to FINALLY go to my beloved Red Rocks for the first time, financially I can't do it.

wimp :) x****

Young blood
05-02-2008, 08:06 AM
On sale in less than 1 hour.

york707
05-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Those bastards scheduled this on the weekend of my wedding.

Young blood
05-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Those bastards scheduled this on the weekend of my wedding.

Congratulations York!

OLF was planned during my wedding but im getting married in sf so I lucked out.

canexplain
05-02-2008, 08:49 AM
are they cheaper today yb ... i guess i should go ahead and get them for no other reason then to just be done with it ... is it all ga or are there assigned seats in some areas? x****

Young blood
05-02-2008, 08:53 AM
are they cheaper today yb ... i guess i should go ahead and get them for no other reason then to just be done with it ... is it all ga or are there assigned seats in some areas? x****

the only assigned seats from what I can see is if you go VIP and thats $225 and there are only 500 VIP passes. It wasn't worth it last year. Plus I know you have a special pass to get into the same areas.

Tickets are 110 for 2 day plus ticketmaster prices im pretty sure.

shakermaker113
05-02-2008, 08:57 AM
The schedule is already up on their website.(Monolith) Overlap is a breeze it so easy to go from stage to stage with very minimal sound bleed over. I think its because the way redrocks is designed.

ah, I didn't mean that kind of overlap. I meant overlap between treasure island and monolith lineups. if a lot of the artists are appearing at both, which is quite plausible, it's not really worth me travelling to colorado.

although I would LOVE to go to red rocks for the first time. I'd be a fight to get any time off work though.

canexplain
05-02-2008, 08:58 AM
the only assigned seats from what I can see is if you go VIP and thats $225 and there are only 500 VIP passes. It wasn't worth it last year. Plus I know you have a special pass to get into the same areas.

Tickets are 110 for 2 day plus ticketmaster prices im pretty sure.

tnx going for it right now ... ron****

Young blood
05-02-2008, 09:03 AM
damn ticketmaster= close to $15

assholes.

canexplain
05-02-2008, 09:05 AM
damn ticketmaster= close to $15

assholes.

i went to get em and decided i would try and go ahead and get accessible if i could ... if they were to sell out (which i dont think they will that fast) i would be really pissed ....x****

canexplain
05-02-2008, 10:02 AM
woot woot , so i got first row, seats 28-29 so it should be almost dead center ... i know that means we have to hike that hike to get to the top so we will stay down there most of the day (s) but it should be fun ... is your girl going yb? x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-02-2008, 10:57 AM
woot woot , so i got first row, seats 28-29 so it should be almost dead center ... i know that means we have to hike that hike to get to the top so we will stay down there most of the day (s) but it should be fun ... is your girl going yb? x****

I thought it was GA?

canexplain
05-02-2008, 11:03 AM
I thought it was GA?

its vip, and then ga, but the whole front row, and the last row on top are for us gimps .....x**** so i got front just like daft punk .. have to take my camera for sure ....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-02-2008, 11:07 AM
its vip, and then ga, but the whole front row, and the last row on top are for us gimps .....x**** so i got front just like daft punk .. have to take my camera for sure ....

Sweet! I will def be at this festival! the line up is great! much better then last year (for me anyways...)

canexplain
05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Sweet! I will def be at this festival! the line up is great! much better then last year (for me anyways...)

hey we can finally hook up, i wish there were in and out because i live maybe 15 mins away .. oh well ... when it gets closer we can exchange ph's, i think young blood is going too, and his gal, she is sweet ....x****

dah i am getting ready for the summer music fests and getting them confused ... i live about 15 min from the mile high fest, and 45 min from monolith ... geez ..hammer on the head

HunterGather
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
So like, VIP tix are have reserved spots for the first few rows at the main stage area and first few rows in the back, and GA is everywhere else?

canexplain
05-02-2008, 03:27 PM
So like, VIP tix are have reserved spots for the first few rows at the main stage area and first few rows in the back, and GA is everywhere else?

according to the official site, vip gets special seating by the sound board, not sure what that means, i guess roped off area about 15 rows up ... so it must be me and tygerlady :) then ga, then a little area roped off for vip a bit up ....life is tuff ha ha x****

Young blood
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM

Just at the main stage around the sound booth. You can still sit front row but you are off to the side about 20 seats. Its really not worth it. You get upper lot parking but you can pay your way up there too. Red rocks best seats are about 10-15 rows back because of acoustics anyways. The upper stage is open to everyone with a beer garden on both side and it has bar seats and a covered tent. the farthest you will be back because of crowd size is 50 ft. back. Its so easy to move around with less than 9000 people there. Also with VIP you get access to after hours parties at red rocks that might be cool because its open to artist and media. Last year Anton Newcombe sat two rows behind me drinking a bottle of vodka, while watching Art Brut. I watched kings of leon with BRMC from up top. It was cool and small totally worth it.

send me ctrpllrs
05-05-2008, 01:36 AM
This going to sell out quickly? I hope not. I would love to go, great lineup.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-05-2008, 05:43 AM
This going to sell out quickly? I hope not. I would love to go, great lineup.

I thought the same thing...I hope it doesn't sell out yet...I need a month to recover from Coachella (funds wise)

drowningmatt
05-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Updated:
"Atmosphere, Hercules and Love Affair, Foals, Does it Offend You, Yeah? Port O’Brien, Pomegranates, Colour Revolt, KaiserCartel, Candy Coated Killahz, Jukebox the Ghost, American Bang, The Chain Gang of 1974, Joshua Novak, Erin Ivey, The Wheel, Paperbird, Noah Harris, Lynsey Smith, Scratch Track, David Moore, LoveLikeFire, Dave Beegle and more…"

Young blood
05-19-2008, 09:14 AM
oh shit.

sddoctor
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
A few friends an I are going this year...from Phoenix. I love the Hercules and Love Affair addition.

Young blood
05-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I am so happy about this line-up/venue.

If anyone need a ride I live in denver and have room in the car. fact.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-19-2008, 01:36 PM
this festival is going to be fucking epic...I better get in shape for running up and down the rocks...

Young blood
05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
for reals. It wasn't bad last year.

There will be a lot of moving between stages this year though.

Im just happy we finally get a decent festival that isnt jam or bluegrass.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-19-2008, 01:42 PM
for reals. It wasn't bad last year.

There will be a lot of moving between stages this year though.

Im just happy we finally get a decent festival that isnt jam or bluegrass.

fucking word....why is Colorado all about the jam bands?

Young blood
05-19-2008, 01:45 PM
boulder + outdoors-mountain peoples + good drugs + the 6th sunniest state /hippies = jam.

Its okay though I enjoy our hybrid of hippie/hipsters compared to most other places.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-19-2008, 01:48 PM
boulder + outdoors-mountain peoples + good drugs + the 6th sunniest state /hippies = jam.

Its okay though I enjoy our hybrid of hippie/hipsters compared to most other places.

so weird...before I moved here I never thought there was this kind of a culture here...

kreutz2112
05-19-2008, 01:53 PM
I want to go to this.

Young blood
05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
come along it will be a partay.

kreutz2112
05-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I also want to go to bumbershoot, but this lineup is more appealing to me, but it's double the price. J, would you recommend staying in denver and driving to the venue or is there somewhere closer? Actually, I would probably want to stay in denver because of the night life aspect after the concerts.

Young blood
05-19-2008, 02:22 PM
I really hope this year they go with shuttles its convenient to do so.

I would stay downtown and talk to *coughteamcoachellacough* about hotels.... Im more than happy to provide partyvan rides to and from the show.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-19-2008, 02:38 PM
I really hope this year they go with shuttles its convenient to do so.

I would stay downtown and talk to *coughteamcoachellacough* about hotels.... Im more than happy to provide partyvan rides to and from the show.

Umm....Yes actually...if you want to stay in Denver give me a buzz...since I happen to manage a Front Desk...I have helped some folks here before...***coughjustininvegascough***

Young blood
05-19-2008, 02:47 PM
which I still owe you *hugz* or dinner or something for helping out.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-19-2008, 04:19 PM
which I still owe you *hugz* or dinner or something for helping out.

funny enough I completely forgot about it until you mentioned it right now...

kitt kat
05-20-2008, 12:33 AM
ugh i wish i could go to this :(
i dont think the supersaab would make it 1,120 miles

sonofhal
06-08-2008, 03:43 PM
So, past Monolith goers - I just got offered free tickets for this - how does it compare to Coachella?

Young blood
06-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Nothing like coachella except for there is music on different stages. Its not a big venue. You can get from the top of the seats to the bottom near front row in about a minute depending on what shape you are in. Its a hike. It will be an intimate festival where you can get up close to all your favorite artists, and wont feel the least bit crowded on the outdoor stages. The woxy stage is in a small room but its only like 10 rows deep so again you are up close but a bit crowded depending on the artist.

Transportation will be your only issue.

sonofhal
06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
What's the deal with transportation? Is it in the middle of nowhere? No hotels nearby?

Young blood
06-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Its 15 miles from downtown Denver. You will want to stay downtown Denver, because it will be more exciting and more comfortable. There is not much around Redrocks except for a few homes and the town of Morrison thats just kind of a little mountain town if you want to call it that.

Carpool. I have offered rides and no one has said they need one yet, so I still have room and live near downtown denver.

sonofhal
06-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Cool - i might take you up on that if i come over. One of my mates manages one of the acts playing - hence the offer i got to go. I'm supposed to be going back to work around then, but hoping not to.

rage patton
06-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Wow... I just checked out the line up for this and it is excellent. Whoever is going, make sure you check out the Avett Brothers. They are incredible live. However, that partial conflict with Sharron Jones is brutal. See both though.

JSam67
06-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I think I have to go to this. I've wanted to catch a show at Red Rocks for a while and the prospect of SSPU & Band of Horses (among a bunch of other great acts) shortly after my birthday there is too great to pass up.

Guess I'd better start getting in shape...

karma_guy
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
i'd love to go
but i'd hafta fly into denver
so is there any trasnport from the denver airport to downtown denver and then to monolith?

Young blood
06-18-2008, 10:43 AM
An update for afterparties and the day before...

Just a little update for everyone - the finalized line-up for the Rocky Mountain Crystallization Festival is below:

SEPT 12th & 13th. 2008
CERVANTES/QUIXOTES
DENVER, CO

The Motet
PantyRaid (feat. Ooah of The Glitch Mob)
Eliot Lipp
BreakBeat Buddha
J Boogie
DJ Pumpkin Patch
Random Rab
Bluetech
Ana Sia
Vibesquad
Rena Jones
DJ SpaceInvader
SUB-ID
DJ Rootz
Savoy

**Stay tuned for our website and more info coming soon**
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

This is a two day indoor electronic music festival set in Colorado - the heart of the country and a hot spot of electronic music. We expect people to be traveling in for this event from around the state and country! It will feature two rooms of music and more than fifteen electronic acts from local favorites to the top nationally touring bands and dj's as you saw above.

A portion of all proceeds go to the Rocky Mountain Sustainable Association. It is a full costume and themed event! Details to be announced soon...

We also have several live painters attending including but not limited to Kris D, J Garcia, and Michael Garfield. All will be painting live both nights.

J Garcia and Kris D and currently working on a collaborative 3-D concert poster to be sold for charity at the event. 100% of the proceeds of these posters will go to charity.

Cervantes will be full of music the whole time. The Quixotes stage will also have music the entire time but that venue will also be filled with crystal displays, glass displays, art galleries, clothing sales, politcal action tables, and sustainable living information booths and companies. We will also have some cool CHILL OUT zones going on in there as well.

ZeroHero will be there making sure all the cups and trash we generate is compostable or recyclable and informing concert goers about helping the enviroment. We will also be making an effort offset any impact we have on the enviroment through our event - from CO2 developed by people driving to the show to trash we generate - it will all be offset. This event will have zero effect negatively on the enviroment we all live in and need to take care of.

The Kaivalya Hoop Dancers will also be in attendance along with other dance groups. They will be doing hoop dancing, poi dancing, shadow dancing, etc.

We will be decking these venues out and turning them into something many have not seen before. Taking motivation from electronic movements going on in The United States and Europe right now we plan to transform these venues into a fantasy playground where everyone can let themselves go and delve deep into the music, atmosphere and the experience. Through several projection screens, an amazing light director in both rooms, additional sound, and massive art installations (from giant crystals to mushrooms and beyond) we plan to take everyone somewhere very special and let them experience something they never have before and won't again soon.

We look forward to you joining us for two magical nights this September.

Please check back often for updates and additions. Website info to be announced soon.

drowningmatt
07-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Hercules And Love Affair, The Ting Tings and The Heavy are no longer on the Monolith schedule. Lame.

canexplain
07-16-2008, 08:49 AM
like Youngblood, anyone need a ride, zip me a line ... i can even pick you up from the airport probably, depending on the time ... and as usual, anyone can crash at my house .... x****

eudaemonia
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Hercules And Love Affair, The Ting Tings and The Heavy are no longer on the Monolith schedule. Lame.

That sucks. Hopefully the replacements will be just as strong.

drowningmatt
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
That sucks. Hopefully the replacements will be just as strong.

I hope so. The Whigs are on the poster but not on the schedule, hopefully they get some better replacements.

Young blood
07-16-2008, 11:56 AM
WHOA! Thank god they secured that douche bag mickey avalon.

god.dammit. I really wanted to see the heavy.

drowningmatt
07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah what the hell is up with Mickey Avalon being there? I will definitely avoid his set.

Young blood
07-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Matt Fetcher and him are bff's.

drowningmatt
07-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Is he one of the dudes booking this?

canexplain
07-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Matt Fetcher and him are bff's.

dude, so i got that email from nokia also (it said like yours that PF said it was ok) and told them sure, i would be up for that .... got an email back within half an hour saying cool ... wrote back asking for any details, and told them that i am not your normal concert goer .... havent heard from them since ... it would piss me off if they shined me on because of my age ..... i am trying to hook up with them to see if they are doing anything for the DNC, and or monolith ... ill let you know, but then i guess i will see you this weekend ... and someone that just drives me crazy here at work being loud and always laughing at the top of her voice, gave me tics to the ktcl thing week after next ... guess we will go just to see offspring and kick it out for an evening for free .... x****

Young blood
07-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Is he one of the dudes booking this?

He is the man running the show along with Josh Baker.

Young blood
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
dude, so i got that email from nokia also (it said like yours that PF said it was ok) and told them sure, i would be up for that .... got an email back within half an hour saying cool ... wrote back asking for any details, and told them that i am not your normal concert goer .... havent heard from them since ... it would piss me off if they shined me on because of my age ..... i am trying to hook up with them to see if they are doing anything for the DNC, and or monolith ... ill let you know, but then i guess i will see you this weekend ... and someone that just drives me crazy here at work being loud and always laughing at the top of her voice, gave me tics to the ktcl thing week after next ... guess we will go just to see offspring and kick it out for an evening for free .... x****

Im guessing they want people to work the fest. and hound concert attendees to check out nokia products.

canexplain
07-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Im guessing they want people to work the fest. and hound concert attendees to check out nokia products.

ya, there was not a lot of detail so who knows ... i would go as the doggie if someone had not fucking stole it!!!!!! x****

Young blood
07-16-2008, 03:02 PM
damn kids.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-18-2008, 08:19 AM

WTF? how crappy is that? Seriously, I was getting really pumped for Hercules and love affair. I hope the replacements are wicked good.

drowningmatt
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Neko Case is out and The Whigs are in.

Young blood
07-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Dammit. this fest is tanking.

drowningmatt
07-23-2008, 09:36 AM
yea wtf is giong on.

Young blood
07-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I see they added dressy bessy and the veils, which is not a bad thing but I really wanted to see the ones that dropped off. I bought my tickets based on the artists they had originally.

Young blood
07-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Neko case's myspace says she is still playing.....

drowningmatt
07-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Im super bummed about Hercules and Love Affair. They were a huge draw for me.

drowningmatt
07-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Neko case's myspace says she is still playing.....

Weird she's on the poster just not the schedule.

Young blood
07-23-2008, 10:08 AM
I would be really happy if they moved white williams from the vip schedule into regular/general schedule like they did with the hood internet.

drowningmatt
07-23-2008, 10:23 AM
For sure, i dont care about anyone else on the vip schedule.

drowningmatt
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Neko Case is officially off. Here's what they say:

Due to a scheduling conflict, Neko Case will not be able to perform at this year’s festivities, and, due to some unrelated touring issues, UK artists The Heavy and The Ting Tings will be unable to perform at Monolith this year as well. While we are as bummed about this as you are, we are adding some exciting new emerging artists to the lineup to join the 70+ amazing artists still performing at this year’s MONOLITH Festival! New artist announcements coming this week!

drowningmatt
07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Nothing about Hercules and Love Affair

Sonicifyouwantit
07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
I hope TV on the Radio play somewhere in LA, so far I'm just seeing a street scene appearance.

Young blood
07-28-2008, 03:16 PM

Due to a scheduling conflict, Neko Case will not be able to perform at this year’s festivities, and, due to some unrelated touring issues, UK artists The Heavy and The Ting Tings will be unable to perform at Monolith this year as well. While we are as bummed about this as you are, we are adding some exciting new emerging artists to the lineup to join the 70+ amazing artists still performing at this year’s MONOLITH Festival! New artist announcements coming this week!

damn. I really hope they get some equally great talent.

drowningmatt
07-28-2008, 03:18 PM
damn. I really hope they get some equally great talent.

Me too, but they have 2 or 3 tba spots on the schedule so we'll see.

Young blood
07-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I expect good things to come of the mainstage time slots. I bet White Williams we be on the woxy stage time slot.

drowningmatt
07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
I could totally see that. That would make me happy.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-29-2008, 10:34 AM

there better be some damn good additions.

Young blood
07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
no additions. Just rearranged the schedule.

Liar...

Hey Justin,
Well, just as with any event with over 70+ bands, things happen. Neko Case can't make it because of a scheduling conflict. The Heavy and The Ting Tings can't make it over to the USA that time of year anymore, and Hercules was offered a pretty lucrative european tour (which is where their core fanbase is). While we are as bummed about this as you are, we are adding some exciting new emerging artists to the lineup. These things happen.

Best,

MATT FECHER | FESTIVAL DIRECTOR
MONOLITH FESTIVAL Presented by ESURANCE
Sept 13-14, 2008 | Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO

Im still happy though it will be fun considering small crowd size.

drowningmatt
07-31-2008, 03:36 PM

Liar...

Hey Justin,
Well, just as with any event with over 70+ bands, things happen. Neko Case can't make it because of a scheduling conflict. The Heavy and The Ting Tings can't make it over to the USA that time of year anymore, and Hercules was offered a pretty lucrative european tour (which is where their core fanbase is). While we are as bummed about this as you are, we are adding some exciting new emerging artists to the lineup. These things happen.

Best,

LAME. Bring back Hercules!!!!!

Young blood
07-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi Matt.

Fecher
07-31-2008, 05:40 PM

Liar...

Hello there Justin,
Haha, For all those playing the home game, we actually have added several emerging artists to the MONOLITH lineup in the last week or so including:

PASSION PIT
THE DUTCHESS & THE DUKE
MILES BENJAMIN ANTHONY ROBINSON
THE WHIGS
DRESSY BESSY
and more

and we still have some emerging artists to announce.

Best,
Matt Fecher
TEAM MONOLITH
http://monolithfestival.com

canexplain
07-31-2008, 05:42 PM

Liar...

Hey Justin,

Best,

well if you and i arent there they wont start the party ... c u there as we usually say and never meet up .... there are a few peeps that want to meetup so maybe pics at the top again like daft punk :) x****

Young blood
07-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Hello there Justin,
Haha, For all those playing the home game, we actually have added several emerging artists to the MONOLITH lineup in the last week or so including:

PASSION PIT
THE DUTCHESS & THE DUKE
MILES BENJAMIN ANTHONY ROBINSON
THE WHIGS
DRESSY BESSY
and more

and we still have some emerging artists to announce.

Best,
Matt Fecher
TEAM MONOLITH
http://monolithfestival.com

I <3 you and your festival I will go to bat for you in a heart beat It just a damn shame to loose big name acts. Monolith is one of the best run festivals I have ever been too. BTW I miss the message board and thank you for the shoes last year.

How close are you to a sell out this year?

PS good call on the whigs. Put white williams on the non vip lineup PLEASE!!!!!!

Young blood
07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
well if you and i arent there they wont start the party ... c u there as we usually say and never meet up .... there are a few peeps that want to meetup so maybe pics at the top again like daft punk :) x****

for sure ron we will party this year.

miscorrections
08-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Dressy Bessy should be fun. I didn't even know they were still around.

drowningmatt
08-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I dig Snowden. That's a good addition.

drowningmatt
08-04-2008, 02:59 PM
The Bronx are off aswell.

canexplain
08-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Well I am pissed MATT. I just got an email that said i was some sort of a loyal something and i can get 25 bucks off on a two day ticket .... WELL I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT TWO TICS, at the first sale just so you guys could get a feel on tickets .... DO I GET $50 BACK OR AT LEAST A T SHIRT OR SOMETHING .... sorry for all the caps but i hate it when we get screwed because we dont wait till the last minute to buy tickets .... ron****

drowningmatt
08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
That does suck. They should totally give you a free tshirt or something. I wonder why they are doing that? I wonder how well this is selling.

canexplain
08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
That does suck. They should totally give you a free tshirt or something. I wonder why they are doing that? I wonder how well this is selling.

ya, it usually indicates poor tickets sales ...like at coors where they start doing the 2 for 1 when sales are poor ... just a guess though ...x****

drowningmatt
08-05-2008, 01:48 PM
ya, it usually indicates poor tickets sales ...like at coors where they start doing the 2 for 1 when sales are poor ... just a guess though ...x****

That and with all the cancelations can't be a good sign. I hope I'm wrong though. It is nice to have a good indie fest in colorado.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
they need someone major to pull ticket sales...Beck or MBV would be fantastic additions...and they are available around that time.

canexplain
08-05-2008, 07:24 PM
they need someone major to pull ticket sales...Beck or MBV would be fantastic additions...and they are available around that time.

they have my vote :) there still is really a lot of time left ...x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2008, 07:25 PM
they have my vote :) there still is really a lot of time left ...x****

Put MBV to headliner Sat and Beck before Justice...instant sell out...

canexplain
08-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Put MBV to headliner Sat and Beck before Justice...instant sell out...

you are hired in my book ....x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2008, 07:37 PM
you are hired in my book ....x****

If ONLY!!!! :)

canexplain
08-05-2008, 07:39 PM
quick hijack ... you guys doing anything at your hotel because of the dnc? x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2008, 07:39 PM
quick hijack ... you guys doing anything at your hotel because of the dnc? x****

Damn security hasn't told us anything...we are all in the dark...NOT A GOOD THING...considering it is 2 weeks away...

canexplain
08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Damn security hasn't told us anything...we are all in the dark...NOT A GOOD THING...considering it is 2 weeks away...

yea I agree, there is this RR track behind us at work that goes north and south, i think it a pretty important track (not sure though but those tanks and stuff from CS are always going thru) .. anyway, they are closing down the friggin track for part of each day i was told today .. by the secret service of all people ... i just dont get it, you would think they were getting ready for something we havent been told about at all ...x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2008, 07:46 PM
yea I agree, there is this RR track behind us at work that goes north and south, i think it a pretty important track (not sure though but those tanks and stuff from CS are always going thru) .. anyway, they are closing down the friggin track for part of each day i was told today .. by the secret service of all people ... i just dont get it, you would think they were getting ready for something we havent been told about at all ...x****

Secret Service is staying at the Hampton Inn downtown...

canexplain
08-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I havent even heard this as a ?? but i have been dogging all the cops and such about the dnc and the protesters, wouldnt it be weird if they got some sort of a threat from some radical islam group and the protesters are just a cover for what they are really worried about ..... naw, its us lol ...x****

ShyGuy75
08-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Wow this lineup is freaking insane! SSPU and BOH? Am I dreaming? Is this the first year for this fest?

Anyone know if hotels are sold out for this?

canexplain
08-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Wow this lineup is freaking insane! SSPU and BOH? Am I dreaming? Is this the first year for this fest?

Anyone know if hotels are sold out for this?

this is the 2nd year ..... i didnt go last year but YoungBlood did and said it was sweet .... if you come out, my door has an open policy (geez i sound like my work) if you need a place to crash and or a ride from the airport ..x****

ShyGuy75
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks Ron. Really appreciate the offer. Will most likely get a hotel, as I don't want to put anyone out nor do I know how many people I will have in tow. I just looked and can book a flight for under $200 right now.

Are you going to this? If so, would like to meet up for a session.

drowningmatt
08-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Any coach board members going to this should meet up. Im dowm.

ShyGuy75
08-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Akron/Family too!?!? WTF!

Ron, check out their song "running, returning"

canexplain
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Akron/Family too!?!? WTF!

Ron, check out their song "running, returning"

will do, here i am offering someone else's help lol, but check with teamchochellahellyea if he knows any good offerings ... he works in the hotel industry here in denver .... there are a number of people here going for sure ... meet up sounds great ... x****

canexplain
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
band at monolith update ....x****

http://www.livedaily.com/news/14673.html

eudaemonia
08-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Kudos for moving Cut Copy right before the Fratellis. Now I don't have to choose... (although Foals vs. Morning Benders is a toughie).

drowningmatt
08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
although Foals vs. Morning Benders is a toughie

Really? I think that one speaks for itself.

eudaemonia
08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
not for me. i like 'em both equally.

Sushov23
08-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Morning Benders are going to be a big band. Good live show, and great songs. I still haven't seen FOALS, fucking eh.

Young blood
08-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Im excited to meet up with some of you.

canexplain
08-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Im excited to meet up with some of you.

i am jealous you went last year, but i really think this year will be good time, good vibes, music, and friends ... x****

canexplain
08-11-2008, 03:14 PM
new adds, anyone know much about any of these? x****

Snowden, The Dutchess & the Duke, Passion Pit, Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson, White Williams, Dressy Bessy, KaiserCartel, The Veils, The Muslims, Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons, Electric Touch, Young Coyotes, Moonspeed, Astra Moveo, Rob Drabkin and Alyse Black

canexplain
08-11-2008, 03:23 PM
“Snowden’s music sounds like Interpol’s dark momentum getting tripped up on the Arcade Fire’s treacherous terrain – lacquered bolts of guitar judder over off-kilter percussion, and anomic vocals blear through the densely layered mix.”

—Paste Magazine

i dont know if i should say cool, or huh? x****

Sushov23
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
new adds, anyone know much about any of these? x****

Snowden, The Dutchess & the Duke, Passion Pit, Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson, White Williams, Dressy Bessy, KaiserCartel, The Veils, The Muslims, Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons, Electric Touch, Young Coyotes, Moonspeed, Astra Moveo, Rob Drabkin and Alyse Black
The Muslims. The Muslims. Happy for them.

drowningmatt
08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
The Cribs are off

eudaemonia
08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
This saddens me. Not too much, but still.

drowningmatt
08-13-2008, 11:21 AM
i love the cribs, this sucks

eudaemonia
08-13-2008, 11:23 AM
i was a bit surprised to see them in the line-up to be honest (this and Virgin Toronto fest, too). the last time i saw them this spring, they said they'll be taking the year off to do their new album. =/

Memorial_07
08-13-2008, 12:16 PM
This does not seem like my kind of festival...
with the exception of some bands

paulb
08-13-2008, 12:43 PM
I sure wish I could catch one last Justice gig before they call it quits for the year...

Young blood
08-13-2008, 01:02 PM
holy shit.....

Dave Dugan~host stage.
Dave’s unique observations earned him national
television appearances on HBO, COMEDY CENTRAL,
FOX, THE ARSENIO HALL SHOW, VH-1 and a host of
other networks and shows, including X103’s acclaimed undergournd/indie music radio show “Hangover Cafe”.

He’s also been a regular writer, contributor and guest
on the nationally syndicated BOB AND TOM SHOW for
over 20 years where his Bob Newhart- like everyman
victim style has been utilized time and time again!

Matt, I dont see your fest lasting another year.

drowningmatt
08-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Matt, I dont see your fest lasting another year.

Does he look at the board? aside from his 1 post. But Im totally with you on this being the last.

Young blood
08-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Im positive he is a lurker or his posse is.

I hate to doubt the future of his fest but to lose so much great talent says a lot about this festival. It will sell out, its just that fellow coloradoians take their sweet time buying tickets. There should have been something in the artists contracts that stated this fact. It will sell out by the day of.

eudaemonia
08-14-2008, 08:14 AM
^^To be fair, I don't think the Cribs' pulling out has anything to do with that. I just checked their forum and apparently they've also canceled the one-off US gig (http://www.thecribs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11528) that was planned in NYC. I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled the V-Fest (http://virginfestival.ca/toronto/), too but I have a feeling Virgin's got a stronger bind on that contract.

drowningmatt
08-14-2008, 08:19 AM
yea i just read that to. i wonder who is going to replace them.

canexplain
08-14-2008, 08:24 AM
will this be the last year? who knows, some fests are going the way of the dodo ... vegoose and a couple of weeks ago wakarusa, so who knows ... thats one reason i will be there this year for sure though, if it doesnt snow :) x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-14-2008, 09:38 AM
sadly I don't think this will make it until next year.....I like the line up but it isn't as strong as it could be...

canexplain
08-14-2008, 10:03 AM
i am putting this on two threads because most people dont look at the dnc thread ... CHECK THIS OUT WOOT WOOT ...X****

Rage Against The Machine, The Flobots, The Coup, State Radio, Wayne Kramer
free but you do have to have a free tic ... see 93.3 for details

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-14-2008, 10:53 AM
sux you have to be there to sign up for the lottery...I will have to sneak out of the hotel when the delegates are checking in.

bug on your lip
08-14-2008, 12:01 PM
i'm about 60% going ...

The Whigs - Does it Offend You, Yeah? - Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip
back-2-back-2-back all on the same stage is like a gift from heaven to me...

Snowden is awesome too.... one of the most overlooked albums of 2006..

anyone know how the stages are set-up?

Young blood
08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
I should stab you in the leg. Read the thread, its not that long.

oh, hi bug.

bug on your lip
08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
just answer the question fuckall

bug on your lip
08-14-2008, 12:30 PM
where would the "WOXY.com Stage @ Southwest Airlines Heart of the Rock Theatre" be saltnuts?

i probably will only go to the Sunday show..
my schedule would be:

Snowden
Tokyo Police Club
Whigs
Does it Offend you, Yeah?
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
TV on the Radio --or-- CSS
Justice

thats effin stanky-good for $59

Young blood
08-14-2008, 01:51 PM
I know you were not addressing me with those names but I will awnser your question anyways.

The "WOXY.com Stage @ Southwest Airlines Heart of the Rock Theatre" Is under the top of redrocks/vistor center if you go to http://www.redrocksonline.com/ and wait for the pictures to load you will see an overhead shot of the entire amphitheater, the main stage is obvious, The New Belgium stage is up top, you can see it on the left of the picture, Then look to the left of that stage and you will see a staircase and a doorway at the bottom of it. In those doors is were the rock stage and woxy stage are. The both only allow for about 500 people so it will be really intimate and awesome.

Also I take back my earlier statement of this fest not making it next year. I have been going for a while when it was south park music fest and always had fun. Im just pissed at the acts that droped out.

Fecher
08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
This thread cracks me up. The artists in question canceled their entire tours or took other tours. It has nothing to do with the Festival specifically. Several other events and festivals have been affected by these very same bands as well.

And Dave Dugan is really funny, I swear.

Young blood
08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Bob Newhart.

My grandma would be so happy.

The stoner guy from kbpi is pretty funny.

Fecher
08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
The stoner guy from kbpi is pretty funny.

Chuck Roy is a genius.

Young blood
08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah that dude, Im excited to see Chuck Roy and laugh my ass off.

Fecher
08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
BTW I'm DJing in Denver this weekend with the founder of LIPGLOSS. It's a free show, should be a good time if anyone is around. We will be playing several artists from Monolith...

http://a279.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/31/l_b9791a1c7b623a720c7ba564de62c23e.jpg

RECREATION
Sat, Aug 16th at the Horseshoe Lounge (20th & Logan)
414 E 20th Ave, Denver, CO 80205
Featuring DJ Hot to Death and Boyhollow
FREE ADMISSION! // 9pm - 2am

canexplain
08-14-2008, 05:33 PM
BTW I'm DJing in Denver this weekend with the founder of LIPGLOSS. It's a free show, should be a good time if anyone is around. We will be playing several artists from Monolith...

http://a279.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/31/l_b9791a1c7b623a720c7ba564de62c23e.jpg

RECREATION

i would think about going, but i dont fit in that crowd :( x****

Mr. Dylanja
08-14-2008, 05:51 PM

I don't think you particulary fit any crowd Ron, and that's a good thing!

I thought I was going to go to Monolith but now it looks like Street Scene instead :(

One of these days we'll share a bowl of soup good buddy, one of these days...

Young blood
08-14-2008, 06:01 PM

RECREATION

oooohhhh you are going against skylab and after parties at beta/Sebastien Leger, but you know what fuck trance music. Ill be camping, so no dice. Next time though.

Fecher
08-14-2008, 06:06 PM

Oh, don't worry, we don't have a crowd. And, I'm dressing up like the flyer. Would be great to meet the local folks on this board sometime.

Mr. Dylanja
08-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Would be great to meet the local folks on this board sometime.

That sounds genuine, considering it's your fifth post...

Fecher
08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
That sounds genuine, considering it's your fifth post...

Well, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm always first in line to meet anyone with even a passing interest in our lil' MONOLITH Festival at Red Rocks. (Whether it be a good or bad interest).

Sushov23
08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Well, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm always first in line to meet anyone with even a passing interest in our lil' MONOLITH Festival at Red Rocks. (Whether it be a good or bad interest).

are you a promoter for Monolith or something? I haven't been in here in a while. I'm lost.

Mr. Dylanja
08-14-2008, 06:42 PM

Free airfare/lodging/tix I'm there buddy! Can't wait to meet you!

Fecher
08-14-2008, 06:44 PM
are you a promoter for Monolith or something? I haven't been in here in a while. I'm lost.

Something like that....

I'm the Founder of the Monolith Festival and the South Park Music Festival... Just trying to help answer some questions on this thread. Don't want to interrupt anyone's internet party.

Sushov23
08-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Something like that....

I'm the Founder of the Monolith Festival and the South Park Music Festival, and some other events no one will probably care about...

Just trying to help answer some questions on this thread. Don't want to interrupt anyone's private internet party. ;)

oh that's cool. Have any job openings?

Young blood
08-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Quit mochin assholes, buy ticket and enjoy the fest.

Sushov23
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Quit mochin assholes, buy ticket and enjoy the fest.

Man i wish I could go, I just have a lot of things coming up in Sep, and Oct. If this comes back next year, I will try to make it. i wanted to go last year.

Young blood
08-14-2008, 06:51 PM
I met more than half the artists last year. Its worth it.

Sushov23
08-14-2008, 06:52 PM
I met more than half the artists last year. Its worth it.

last year's lineup was so stacked for the price. KOL, The Flaming Lips, BRMC, Flosstradamus, Cake, spoon, and that is all I really remember right now. However those 6 names had me thinking about going, plus going to red rocks for the first time.
EDIT- I just looked at the lineup again DAMN so good. Editors, The Decemberist, Ghostland.

canexplain
08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
yea i bought my tics the first day and am looking foward to it ... i bring it up to friends, but most of them didnt even know what the mile high fest was ... guess they have their lives to live .. anyway it gonna be fun ... fecher, drop by if you get all access or whatever because we have like seats 28 and 29 i think in the first row and say hey .... ron**** x****

Fecher
08-14-2008, 07:00 PM
yea i bought my tics the first day and am looking foward to it ... i bring it up to friends, but most of them didnt even know what the mile high fest was ... guess they have their lives to live .. anyway it gonna be fun ... fecher, drop by if you get all access or whatever because we have like seats 28 and 29 i think in the first row and say hey .... ron**** x****

Awesome!

BTW all denver peeps, if you're going to be around during DNC, we're doing 7 days of consecutive free shows featuring about every colorado band and more that's ever played Monolith. More details in a few days

Young blood
08-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Free devotchka or slim cessna?

woo-hoo!?

Fecher
08-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Free devotchka or slim cessna?

woo-hoo!?

DeVotchKa's only show in Colorado for the rest of this year is going to be Monolith. But, it will be worth it.

BTW Slim never played Monolith, but, I am wearing a slim cessna shirt as i type this.

canexplain
08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Awesome!

BTW all denver peeps, if you're going to be around during DNC, we're doing 7 days of consecutive free shows featuring about every colorado band and more that's ever played Monolith. More details in a few days

old news for most here dude, but i am taking the week off to go to the dnc .. i hope i get ratm tics, but if not there is lots of other good music thru the days .... i am going there to protest, but hey throw in some good tunes only makes it better ...x****

ShyGuy75
08-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Its official. Ticketed up and ready to roll.

Let the games begin.....

canexplain
08-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Its official. Ticketed up and ready to roll.

Let the games begin.....

so you going to the show? let us know cuz we are trying to take a coachella board pic one of the days ...x****

paulb
08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Ron, you're not going to catch Justice at Red Rocks?

JSam67
08-19-2008, 03:27 AM
Got my flight booked, really excited for this - will be quite the birthday celebration. First BoH show and 5th SSPU show, 1st trip to Denver & Red Rocks, yeah I absolutely can't wait! Hope to meet you, Ron.

canexplain
08-19-2008, 06:27 AM
Got my flight booked, really excited for this - will be quite the birthday celebration. First BoH show and 5th SSPU show, 1st trip to Denver & Red Rocks, yeah I absolutely can't wait! Hope to meet you, Ron.

jsam when it gets closer we can exchange cell numbers .. paulb, of course, i will be in the front watching every minute ...x****

ShyGuy75
08-19-2008, 09:55 AM
so you going to the show? ...x****

Yes sir, Ron.

Sushov23
08-19-2008, 11:43 AM

report back if SSPU are doing new material.

canexplain
08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
ok and esp TCHY, i just got an email from KBCO saying the are offering 2 for 1 for the show ...you have to be a kbco member but it doesnt cost anything ..i didnt try to buy them or anything but you probably got an email too grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... x****

KBCO Interactive Early On-Sale

KBCO Interactive members buy tickets early!

KBCO Interactive two-for-one ticket sale
Monolith Festival at Red Rocks
note: both tickets must be purchased for the same day of the festival.

click here to buy tickets

Password: BOGO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early On-Sale for:
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
Thursday August 21st from 10am.

canexplain
08-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes sir, Ron.

cool there are going to be a number of us ....partiiiiy x****

canexplain
08-20-2008, 03:00 PM
its a little bit confusing because you have to go to a special link...i did try just for kicks for tics and they were available ... if anyone wants to skip some of the hassle, i can give you my kbco user name and pw, just dont mess with my stuff ...x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-20-2008, 03:02 PM
it is really easy to sign up. Pretty gay that no one wants to buy this festival.....this will probably be it's last year...

canexplain
08-20-2008, 03:18 PM
it is really easy to sign up. Pretty gay that no one wants to buy this festival.....this will probably be it's last year...

yea thats what i am thinking :( i hope some of the others from out of town read this thread and get in on the two fer ... glad i could help after yesterday not helping .... i can think of maybe 5 for sures from the board going ... we really do have to meet up if nothing but for a couple of pics ... x****

drowningmatt
08-20-2008, 03:20 PM
i can think of maybe 5 for sures from the board going ... we really do have to meet up if nothing but for a couple of pics ... x****

I totally down. I think it'd fun.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-20-2008, 03:20 PM
I think the TI festival in San Fran stoled a number of acts too...that and ACL being around the corner...maybe Monolith would work if they moved when it was held?

Sushov23
08-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I wish I could go to this.

canexplain
08-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I wish I could go to this.

ya, maybe the last one :( you are always welcome here, so tics to both nights, 120, hotel zip, transportation zip around here anyway .. yep wish all of the board could be here ...x***

Sushov23
08-20-2008, 06:05 PM
You serious about lodging for one night or two nights? I wonder how much a flight is to Colorado.

ShyGuy75
08-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Check Soutwest. I pulled one for under $200.

Why is there talk of Monolith not succeeding? Aren't there only 9,000 tickets available? I would think there would be a last minute surge from the locals. With this lineup, I'm shocked it isn't sold out.

canexplain
08-20-2008, 06:55 PM
You serious about lodging for one night or two nights? I wonder how much a flight is to Colorado.

dude, anyone is invited to stay at my place for whatever, and rides to and from the airport ... this is gonna sound weird, i want to meet as many people as possible, but i have front row, and i am going for the tunes, so i am not trying to have anyone hang with me, just offering rides, pics, and my house and state to anyone who wants to drop in ...x***

drowningmatt
08-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Handsome Furs are now on the schedule.

bug on your lip
09-01-2008, 12:57 PM
can u still get 2 for 1 tix for this badboi?

i'm still trying to get mah posse to saddle up for this

Young blood
09-01-2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.kbco.com/pages/concertpage.html?feed=105542&article=2012376

here you go bugs.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-01-2008, 06:19 PM
KBCO stop selling the half priced tickets for a while now. Too bad I missed the chance to buy them when Ron said to buy them...goddamnit...

boarderwoozel3
09-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Handsome Furs are now on the schedule.

Handsome Furs are fucking awesome and good live too. Thats a really sweet add, I'm jealous.

Now that I think about it:

Handsome Furs for Coachella 09!

Young blood
09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
I really dig the addition of Hockey and Handsome furs.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
maybe I'll just attend Sunday...I am too broke to go both days...and I missed the fucking sale on KCBO....

Young blood
09-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Ill will be drinking heavily in the upper parking lot before the show. If yall want to meetup and make out.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I am really bummed I can't go to this.....*tear*

Young blood
09-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Tell the wife that you are doing whether she likes it or not.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Tell the wife that you are doing whether she likes it or not.

she wants to go! it is all about the $$$$$ she went part time at work to go to school...so we broke...

Young blood
09-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Shiiiit. Fecher has you covered.

Sorry to hear you wont make it. Next time.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-08-2008, 03:24 PM
fecher? wtf? We are going to Sigur Ros...so we'll meet up then.

Young blood
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
The guy running the show.

For sure on Sigur Ros.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I should talk to fecher...maybe he'll get us in for less $$$$

canexplain
09-08-2008, 06:28 PM
you know i was thinking about s ros and went to look, i dont have my tics yet, does anyone here who is going to the red rocks show have their tickets yet ? x****

Young blood
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/untitled-2.jpg

Young blood
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Pumped.

drowningmatt
09-10-2008, 11:56 AM
The Veils/Foals conflict is killing me.

Young blood
09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Technically if you stand to the left of the new Belgium stage you can watch both. Im going to choose one or the other based upon whos putting on the better show.

drowningmatt
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Im thinking about 20 minutes at Veils and head down to Foals.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
*tears*

Young blood
09-10-2008, 03:40 PM
NEW BELGIUM!!! FAT TIRE ALL DAY!!!NO LINES!!!

Young blood
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
im getting excited, oh and no fucking porta potty bullshit. This is classy.

Marco you are going to hate yourself if you miss this.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I already am hating myself...I am going to *try* to at least go on Sunday. I have that day off from work and I don't have to fork over more money for the 2 day ticket.

Young blood
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
You dont "try" shit. You DO IT!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-10-2008, 03:53 PM
You dont "try" shit. You DO IT!

its all about $$$$$$$$$. I gotz none fo'!!!

paulb
09-10-2008, 03:56 PM
just do it...how often do u get to see Justice at Red Rocks?

Young blood
09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Don't let money stop you. Just lift up some equipment near the artist drop off area and carry it in. Marco "the bulldog" roadie, if anyone ask any questions.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-10-2008, 03:58 PM
just do it...how often do u get to see Justice at Red Rocks?

hence why I would rather go Sunday....it is going to be sick...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't let money stop you. Just lift up some equipment near the artist drop off area and carry it in. Marco "the bulldog" roadie, if anyone ask any questions.

I needz to get someone on the "inside".

Young blood
09-10-2008, 03:59 PM
ugghh...justice blows. They were created just to sell shitty overpriced belt buckles. Thank god there are other choices in bands playing.

Young blood
09-10-2008, 04:00 PM
you just need to put your mind to it and you will get in.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM
who are you going for Justin?

paulb
09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
hence why I would rather go Sunday....it is going to be sick...

Ya man, one of the last LIVE shows for who knows how long... enjoy... Think about it, your next time to see them may be a few years, so whats 50 bucks or whatever...

Young blood
09-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Pretty much every band other than justice and mickey avalon oh and silverspun pickups. I hate that im completely skipping the acoustic stage but there is not enough time.

drowningmatt
09-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Young BLood loves him some mickey avalon, kidding. seriously why is he on line up??? You look at the line up and it looks really good then it shits out mickey avalon. Makes no sense.

Young blood
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
It really is sad that he even has a fan base. Sometimes its more of who you know than actually having any talent.

do you have a blog?

JSam67
09-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Pretty excited to catch a flight to Denver tomorrow night! Hopefully I'll run into some of you guys at Red Rocks.

sonofhal
09-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Anyone who doesn't go see Passion Pit will probably live to regret it, methinks.

canexplain
09-11-2008, 09:40 AM
i know people say dont do this, but its never come back to bite me in the ass ... anyway, my cell ph is 303-246-1347 if you are up at the rocks .. we are going both days, but not for the opening gate ... hey but those that do, i read where the first 2500 get a loaded chilpote burritto ... x****

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey Ron, I'm sending JSam over to give you a big What Up high five, from me

ShyGuy75
09-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Pumped!

SSPU!!!!!!!

Don't open your eyes.....................

Young blood
09-12-2008, 07:45 AM
What?

*PUMPED!*

Young blood
09-12-2008, 07:56 AM
bug you better be there.....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Ugh!!!!!