PDA

View Full Version : Travelling from LAX to Greyhound terminal in LA on Thursday morning?

northernmum
02-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Anyone interested in sharing a cab from LAX area to downtown LA Greyhound bus terminal on Thursday morning? Seen on another post that it's 22 miles so could be an expensive trip. Or does anyone know of bus/tram/metro/public transport between the two?

Chicagodub
02-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I could use that option for sure let me just check my flight arrival at Lax Im coming in from Chicago. I had no idea it was so far to the greyhound!? message me and we will try to arrange. Are you staying in a hotel or camping when we get there btw?

in rage we trust
02-04-2007, 06:59 AM
ill be arriving at LAX at 10:02, and try to make it to greyhound for the 11:30 bus to Indio...what time are you going to be there?? and i think you can take some sort of transportation for like $1 there. but im not exactly sure.

JoeW88
02-04-2007, 08:17 AM
It's not Thursday morning, but I arrive at LAX at 14:40, possibly getting the 18:10 Greyhound to Indio. Just wondering how many people are considering this and whether they'd wanna share a cab?

victoratomic
02-04-2007, 11:04 PM
It is pretty far from LAX to The Greyhound station. Metro offers a Free shuttle service to the nearby Trains/Subway connection from LAX (www.metro.net). or you can use the Flyaway http://www.lawa.org/flyaway/#_blank .

But be aware its also a 15-20 min walk to the Greyhound station from Union Station (up Alameda st.)

Hope this helps.

vinylmartyr
02-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Dude there is a subway to downtown then you can catch the bus down 7th to the grayhound station.

victoratomic
02-05-2007, 12:01 AM
ahh very true get off on 7th and Metro (end of Blue line) take the bus east on 7th. to Alameda ... Ohh and done get scared going through Skid Row :)

- Vixs

vinylmartyr
02-05-2007, 12:03 AM
I spent many a day on skip row.

northernmum
02-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for all public transport hints and tips.
There's also an interactive bus map/trip planner at www.socaltransport.org that's really useful if anyone needs to check routes and times.

vinylmartyr
02-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Here I will explain how you get to the greyhound station downtown from LAX.

Take the Flyaway shuttle from LAX to the Green Line at Avaition (This is an above ground train). Take the Green Line East 6 stops to the Blue Line (Blue Line is another above ground train). Take the Blue Line north 10 stops to 7th and metro center. Exit the terminal to 7th st. Take any bus heading east down 7th st to Greyhound Bus Lines 1716 E 7TH Los Angeles, CA 90014. Its about 2 miles from the 7th st metro station to the greyhound station. The bus driver will be more than happy to make sure you get off at the right stop. You can buy a day pass for $3 and it will cover your whole trip from LAX to the Greyhound station.