PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound from LAX?

in rage we trust
02-02-2007, 09:07 AM
ok so ive been doing research, and i found that there is a greyhound that goes from Los Angelas to Indio. i do not know how far from LAX the Greyhound station is, and i do not know where in Indio the bus drops off but its $45 for a round trip from Los Angelas to Indio, and a cab from drop off points will be a lot less than from LAX to Indio. does anyone from the area know any more info about this. this could save me literally a couple hundred dollars......thanks

northernmum
02-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi
Can't help much but I found out that, if there are 2 of you, you can get the second Greyhound fare at half price making $67.50 for both of you, round trip. It's called a Companion fare and you can get it online.
Or if you're going on your own try and find a "companion" from the message board and book both your tickets together.
It's about 3 hours or so from LA to Indio by bus.
Wondering if anyone knows which of the 3 Greyhound bus stops in LA is closest to LAX?

in rage we trust
02-02-2007, 09:32 AM
im trying to figure out that myself??? ill probably be getting into LAX around 12 or 1 in the afternoon. i think ill make a sign asking if anyone is going to Coachella. you can buy bus tickets right before they leave. i just dont know how im gonna get to the bus station if its not located at the airport? thanks for the info. at this point eveything helps. i need to save money. its adding up

Disco!
02-02-2007, 09:39 AM
On greyhound you can check the addresses of the bus stations.
The Los Angeles station is 22 miles from LAX, that's using www.mapquest.com
The polo fields are only 3 miles from the Indio bus station, so probably ok for walking or carpooling.

northernmum
02-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Might be worth going to Carpool thread to see if anyone wants to share a cab from LAX to Greyhound terminal on Thursday pm? Or maybe someone knows of public bus/tram/metro from LAX to somewhere near Greyhound station?

Quentin
02-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey, I might be flying in from SF going to LAX and then Greyhounding.

Maybe we could all buddy up with someone so it's cheaper? Also, it'd be a little safer to go with a group than to go alone.

in rage we trust
02-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Might be worth going to Carpool thread to see if anyone wants to share a cab from LAX to Greyhound terminal on Thursday pm? Or maybe someone knows of public bus/tram/metro from LAX to somewhere near Greyhound station?

i think you can take a transit or something to Greyhound from the Airport for like $1..

Kellyalive
02-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey, I might be flying in from SF going to LAX and then Greyhounding.

Maybe we could all buddy up with someone so it's cheaper? Also, it'd be a little safer to go with a group than to go alone.

Hey, I've been thinking about all the peolpe needing to get form LAX to the campgrounds ( me being one of them) and I am going to look into a chartered bus to and from... it could quite possibly save $ if 30 of us were all going to the same place and split the cost... I'll post back... I'm not sure how to post only reply , maybe we could start a Bus pool thread if you are interested.

NoHug4U
02-03-2007, 11:29 AM
im trying to figure out that myself??? ill probably be getting into LAX around 12 or 1 in the afternoon. i think ill make a sign asking if anyone is going to Coachella. you can buy bus tickets right before they leave. i just dont know how im gonna get to the bus station if its not located at the airport? thanks for the info. at this point eveything helps. i need to save money. its adding up

The sign thing sounds like a good idea...we'll be arriving about 11 and it'll be looking for the bus myself and it'll be cool to have coachella people to talk to.

northernmum
02-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks inragewetrust for transit bus info! If anyone has more details please pm me or post as that sounds a much better bet than a taxi.
Just need to know website or name of bus line or something please.

in rage we trust
02-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks inragewetrust for transit bus info! If anyone has more details please pm me or post as that sounds a much better bet than a taxi.
Just need to know website or name of bus line or something please.

go to greyhound.com and type in LAX to Indio, CA. there will be a # of different options of times to choose from. its anywhere from a 2.5 to 4 hrs bus ride, but a round trip tix is only $45. it will cost you easily over a hundred bucks just to take cabs back and forth, especially from LAX to Indio.

Fahim
02-06-2007, 06:02 AM
I am also looking into taking this solution. If anyone wants to coordinate anything let me know! Also if anyone needs a companion fare or something.

vinylmartyr
02-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Here I will explain how you get to the greyhound station downtown from LAX.

Take the Flyaway shuttle from LAX to the Green Line at Avaition (This is an above ground train). Take the Green Line East 6 stops to the Blue Line (Blue Line is another above ground train). Take the Blue Line north 10 stops to 7th and metro center. Exit the terminal to 7th st. Take any bus heading east down 7th st to Greyhound Bus Lines 1716 E 7TH Los Angeles, CA 90014. Its about 2 miles from the 7th st metro station to the greyhound station. The bus driver will be more than happy to make sure you get off at the right stop. You can buy a day pass for $3 and it will cover your whole trip from LAX to the Greyhound station.

If you wanna go to the Amtrak station do not exit the 7th and metro center station instead take the Red Line (this is a subway that is located at the 7th & metro center station) 3 stops to union Station. Union Station is where Amtrak is.

vinylmartyr
02-06-2007, 06:05 AM
If I have to post that one more time my head is gonna explode.

Chicagodub
02-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for that vinylmartyr! Can you tell me whether or not its a little sketchy around these areas?. It sounds like a trek and a half and the last thing Id want to do is walk into trouble!

thaipod
02-06-2007, 01:03 PM
The areas aren't too bad, and the areas you will be at to transfer from terminal to terminal are safe.

Union Station is very safe. It's our main train station. If you want to take a quick visit into LA, you can walk to Oviero Street where you can have the best taquitos in town from a shop that's been there about 100 years and is surrounded by cool mexican street merchants. Also within walking distance is Chinatown, but more importantly, Phillipe's, home of the French Dip sandwich.

andy311
02-06-2007, 01:22 PM
ill probly be down for either doing the charter bus thing our just riding all together as a group, im coming by myself from MS so being around some other coachella people sounds like a real nice idea.

vinylmartyr
02-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Just don't stop on San Julian st.

shaff
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Just don't stop on San Julian s
why ?
and how much time would it take juste from LAX to grayhound station ?

biftathekid
02-23-2007, 10:49 AM
i'll be leaving london heathrow at 11.25am getting into LAx at 2.40pm and travelling on the train to the greyhound station on east street via vinylmartyr's directions(thanks for that), then getting the 6.30pm greyhound to indio, getting there at about 9.45. then i think sharing a cab or walking is a good idea. if anyone is doing this route or joining any part of it let me know on biftathekid@googlemail.com or add me at myspace.com/biftathekid and drop me a message so we can meet up! Not long now!

jigawig
02-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey, I've been thinking about all the peolpe needing to get form LAX to the campgrounds ( me being one of them) and I am going to look into a chartered bus to and from... it could quite possibly save $ if 30 of us were all going to the same place and split the cost... I'll post back... I'm not sure how to post only reply , maybe we could start a Bus pool thread if you are interested.
the charter bus from LAX to Indio sounds like an amazing idea...im down for something like that, but how do you go about collecting everyones money in advance to pay for it?

Carlitos
03-01-2007, 03:35 AM
The area around LAX, Compton, Inglewood, El segundo is kind of dangerous.. so don't wander around LAX area. Taxi fees in LAX are high. Traffic is bad. I Have being giving this advice in several post. Get people together a rent a shuttle van. Look at www.supershuttle.com . Quote a roundtrip from LAX to Indio. My gues is each person is gonna spend no more of 75 us dollars if you get at least 6. Now if you manage to get 8 people together is gonna be cheaper. It's a door to door service, very secure. It cheaper than taking a Taxi in Los Angeles, taking greyhound and another taxi in Indio.

jimmyrad
03-04-2007, 09:19 AM
i'll be leaving london heathrow at 11.25am getting into LAx at 2.40pm and travelling on the train to the greyhound station on east street via vinylmartyr's directions(thanks for that), then getting the 6.30pm greyhound to indio, getting there at about 9.45. then i think sharing a cab or walking is a good idea. if anyone is doing this route or joining any part of it let me know on biftathekid@googlemail.com or add me at myspace.com/biftathekid and drop me a message so we can meet up! Not long now!

Sounds almost identical to my plans dude. You by any chance getting the virgin atlantic flight?

shaff
03-08-2007, 08:56 AM
i m plannig to rent a car at LAX, i ll arrive 28th to LA, and what i check is a car for one week is 250 usd, so it s quite cool !
this can be cool....

camilaluana
03-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey, I am also coming from SF and was wondering what would be the best way to get to Indio. A flight to Palm Springs is around 250-300 dollars. How are you planning on getting there? I would love to figure the checapest and best way to get there and back home. Thanks!