PDA

View Full Version : artists you're missing due to conflicts

drsaith
04-22-2008, 08:06 PM
simian mobile disco (possibly, if roger waters is boring ill prob leave) (conflicts roger waters)
does it offend you yeah? (booka shade)
kid sister w a-trak (danny tenaglia)
chromeo (roger waters)
bonde do role (boys noize)
junkie xl (kraftwerk)
yelle (portishead)
adam freeland (cut copy) **toss-up**
goldfrapp (diplo) **toss-up**

sbessiso
04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
rilo kiley, MIA, animal collective

just off the top of my head

Trudeau
04-22-2008, 08:09 PM
SMD, Murs and Cold War Kids.

:(

HEADSTRUCK
04-22-2008, 08:09 PM
aphex twin and the national......the rest i am ok with

PassiveTheory
04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Not sad about:
most of Death Cab
Rilo Kiley (TOMORROW BABY!)
possibly Dredg
Architecture in Helsinki
Annuals
Datarock

Sad about missing:
THE NATIONAL
Aesop Rock
most of the Breeders
Boys Noize
Booka Shade
Cold War Kids
possibly Chromeo
Sharon Jones/Pendulum (whichever I choose to miss)

michaelmontanez
04-22-2008, 08:38 PM
SebastiAn (at least most of his set),
Battles,
and Black Kids...
but that's about it. It sucks though, the sacrifices I make for Tim Harrington's awesome chesty hairs.

IdiotequeThom
04-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Fri
John Butler Trio
Les Savy FAv
The Raconteurs
Aphex Twin
Pendulum

Sat
VHS or Beta
Dredg
Minus the Bear
Devotchka
Hot Chip
Death CAb For Cutie
Flogging Molly

Sun
Holy Fuck
(most of) Shout Out Louds
Manchester Orchestra
The Field
Swervedriver
(most of) Gogol Bordello
Metric
Spiritualized
Modeselektor

PanasonicYouth
04-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Shout Out Louds

woogie846
04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I have to make up my mind whether to go with Les Savy Fav or Battles

quicksand
04-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Man Man, SebastiAn, Minus The Bear, Simian Mobile Disco, I'm From Barcelona, Kraftwerk.

PassiveTheory
04-22-2008, 08:57 PM
who you seeing over Kraftwerk?

quicksand
04-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Animal Collective. They're one of my favorite bands and I want a proper show with all 4 members!

Cdubby
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
The Raconteurs makes me the saddest by far, Pendulum next, Animal Collective as well

PassiveTheory
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Well... You're genuinely excited for Animal Collective, so... I'm going to withhold comment.

quicksand
04-22-2008, 09:02 PM
huh?

PassiveTheory
04-22-2008, 09:04 PM
*sigh* I'm trying to be nice.

Just... just enjoy Animal Collective.

quicksand
04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
DUDE! How could you think to rag on them?! To each his own and all, but the show I went to was one of the funnest I've ever been to. They have a huge catalogue of music, and are pretty much guarenteed to play an amazing set. "House", "Brother Sport", "Peacebone"... maybe some Panda Bear shit if we're lucky. Although I'm bummed about missing Kraftwerk, the excitement for seeing AC overpowers the sadness.

PassiveTheory
04-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Um. Here's how it is in my eyes:

Kraftwerk: Fathers of techno. One of the top 20 most influential musical groups of all time. In their 70s (so about to kick the bucket). The lead singer of Can died last month, and he was a former member, so... Yeah. Also, they can still put on an amazing show.

Animal Collective. Part of the weird, weird indie music movement (with Battles) where it's just noise and douchebaggery. The band will probably last beyond Kraftwerk's collective death, but will their career?... Yeah, no. Not to say that the ONLY artists worth seeing are the ones with lengthy careers behind them (not at all), but come on... Even if I liked Animal Collective, I couldn't pass up Kraftwerk.

im so indie
04-22-2008, 09:14 PM
hell yeah animal collective will be really fun. kraftwerk doesn't do it for me.

RickeyinLA
04-22-2008, 09:15 PM
If Kraftwerk is on time I'll catch the first half and then run to see Animal Collective because I've seen Kwerk thrice before.

This weekend is going to be amazing.

microloveb
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
hmm where do i begin???? first off, the people saying there are no conflicts are idiots. second, people who are saying there are conflicts during roger waters set outta be shot. IT'S ROGER WATERS.....i'm sure as hell not gonna be watching his lame ass. go see someone else.

goldfrapp-the national-raconteurs conflict

shout out louds-i'm from barcelona-holy fuck conflict

fatboy slim-black lips conflict

EDIT and sean penn being there is absolutely fucking ridiculous. i've actually read replies on here saying that he's a "chill" guy and a "cool" guy with words worthy of listening to. fuck that. he's a douchebag actor preaching politics and coachella isn't about that.

devotchka-mgmt conflict

my morning jacket-love and rockets conflict

autolux-swervedriver conflict

metric-spirtualized conflict

now all you fucks that said there aren't conflicts.....did you even look at the schedule??

quicksand
04-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Um. Here's how it is in my eyes:

Kraftwerk: Fathers of techno. One of the top 20 most influential musical groups of all time. In their 70s (so about to kick the bucket). The lead singer of Can died last month, and he was a former member, so... Yeah. Also, they can still put on an amazing show.

Animal Collective. Part of the weird, weird indie music movement (with Battles) where it's just noise and douchebaggery. The band will probably last beyond Kraftwerk's collective death, but will their career?... Yeah, no. Not to say that the ONLY artists worth seeing are the ones with lengthy careers behind them (not at all), but come on... Even if I liked Animal Collective, I couldn't pass up Kraftwerk.

Just noise, maaaybe on some of their earlier releases, but as for Strawberry Jam, Water Curses, and newer unreleased material, it's far from just noise. Animal Collective is one of the biggest influences in the music my friends and I play and jam. I feel as if they've been influencing a whole new breed of weird bands and styles that stray from the generic 2 guitars, 1 bass, and drum crowd, by using the components but also adding a huge variety of weird electronic/noise shit. And I know Kraftwerk has the whole light up costume/elaborate background schpeel, but their music is honestly kind of boring. Plus the songs I've heard with vocals in them have all been pretty monotone, whereas Animal Collective has one of the most creative, original singers on the market. Kraftwerk would be fun and all, but without the expensive background/costume gig, I doubt they'd be at all fun to see live.

TickleMeElmo
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Between Aphex Twin and The Verve, looks like I'm gonna have to miss out on The Swell Season. Ffffuuuucccckkk.

arya.
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Diplo and Santogold

and it bothers me im missing them. But goldfrapp is too good to give up. I was really looking forward to seeing them.

Kraftwerk and Portishead

MIA ownz it all, sry2say.

Sexecutioner
04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
second, people who are saying there are conflicts during roger waters set outta be shot. IT'S ROGER WATERS.....i'm sure as hell not gonna be watching his lame ass. go see someone else.

you sir, are a retard.

microloveb
04-22-2008, 11:05 PM
you sir, are a retard.

you sir, are asking for a mushroom stamp.

PassiveTheory
04-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Kraftwerk and Portishead

...You have got to be shitting me.

MIA, who's basically whored herself across both coasts, playing virtually every festival since last summer....

And yet...

You'd rather see her than BOTH Kraftwerk and Portishead?!?...

Wow.

That's... just wow.

orbit
04-22-2008, 11:08 PM
animal collective and probably modeselektor.

microloveb
04-22-2008, 11:08 PM
...You have got to be shitting me.

MIA, who's basically whored herself across both coasts, playing virtually every festival since last summer....

And yet...

You'd rather see her than BOTH Kraftwerk and Portishead?!?...

Wow.

That's... just wow.

holy mother of god.....for ONCE i'm actually in agreement with Passive's awe.

NoizeSelektor
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Diplo and Santogold

and it bothers me im missing them. But goldfrapp is too good to give up. I was really looking forward to seeing them.

Kraftwerk and Portishead

ohh....myyy...goddd....no you didnt

Weatherman
04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
JXL ends just right when kraft starts, no prob for me.

cooperb1
04-23-2008, 12:04 AM
you sir, are asking for a mushroom stamp.lol best reply every lol

Cheddar's Cousin
04-23-2008, 08:56 AM
The National
Cold War Kids
Cafe Tacuba
Dwight Yoakam