PDA

View Full Version : Question to be answered | Yes or No

DeltaSigChi4
02-01-2007, 10:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DeltaSigChi4/smirking.jpg

E

tessalasset
02-02-2007, 12:49 AM
wow i actually thought this was going to be a constructive thread.

Kiwiguy
02-02-2007, 02:07 AM
just goes to show how fucked america is.... bush is the biggest joke

el chango
02-02-2007, 08:23 AM
YES!

KYSER*HENDRIX
02-02-2007, 08:45 AM
HELL YEA!!!

Meadowsmeister
02-02-2007, 08:51 AM
isnt that kind of a given answer?

SFChrissy
02-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Come on now...we all know the answer to that...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Hai, so desu ne!

fatbastard
02-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Who said no?

captncrzy
02-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Is the Pope Catholic?

jerpar24
02-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Thats a no brainer

waxybk
02-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Whomever voted no, I'd like a fully detailed reason on why the answer could possibly be no.

babiemunkie
02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
i think the whole world agrees on this one statement. way to make americans look like douchebags bush. gotta love it.

DeltaSigChi4
02-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Is the Pope Catholic?

That's a very good question, befitting of it's own thread/poll imo.

E

krunchy
02-22-2007, 04:41 AM
No:
Good Days Last, happyguy23, ratmfan105
I love the fact that mr. ratmfan said that. Brilliant.

KissDownUnder
02-22-2007, 06:20 AM
i think the whole world agrees on this one statement. way to make americans look like douchebags bush. gotta love it.

Who voted for him?
Way to make yourselves look like douchebags American's. Don't gotta love it.

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Who voted for him?

don't open that door! it's a trap!

cue ominous music

TheGunslinger138
02-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Who voted for him?

The President of the United States and the Vice President of the United States are elected by the United States Electoral College.

Courtney
02-22-2007, 08:19 AM
I think he has perfected the act of looking like an idiot.

I'm not so sure that he actually is.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Another quality poll, people...

KissDownUnder
02-22-2007, 09:03 AM
The President of the United States and the Vice President of the United States are elected by the United States Electoral College.

What's an Electoral College?

fatboy192
02-22-2007, 09:03 AM
some quotes from the Bushisms on my google home page get yours here
http://www.googlemodules.com/module/210/

"We are fully committed to working with both sides to bring the level of terror down to an acceptable level for both."
--George w. Bush

Washington, DC
10/02/2001
after a meeting with congressional leaders

It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency.
--George w. Bush

06/14/2001
speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.

http://www.politicsla.com/images/bush_osama.jpg

I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.
--George w. Bush

Washington, DC
05/25/2004

The only things that I can tell you is that every case I have reviewed I have been comfortable with the innocence or guilt of the person that I've looked at. I do not believe we've put a guilty ... I mean innocent person to death in the state of Texas.
--George w. Bush

NPR
06/16/2000

what a fucking idiot!!!

TheGunslinger138
02-22-2007, 10:34 AM

An electoral college is a set of electors who are empowered as a deliberative body to elect a candidate to a particular office. Often these electors represent a different organization or entity with each organization or entity represented by a particular number of electors or with votes weighted in a particular way. Many times, though, the electors are simply important persons whose wisdom, it is hoped, would provide a better choice than a larger body.

In other words, election of President of the United States and Vice President of the United States is indirect. Presidential Electors are chosen by the popular vote every four years on Election Day. Although ballots list the names of the presidential candidates, voters within the 50 states and the District of Columbia are actually choosing Electors from their state when they vote for President and Vice President. These Presidential Electors in turn cast the official (electoral) votes for those two offices. These electors are required to pledge to vote for who wins the popular vote for the state but sometimes they don't (faithless elector) and there is no way to change the vote after the fact. That's not to say that this happened recently, only that because the potential for fraud and abuse exist inherently in this method that this method is corruptable and subject to question and scrutiny.

In 2000, George W. Bush won 271 electoral votes to Al Gore's 266, with 50,456,062 popular votes for Bush and 50,996,582 votes for Gore. As you can see, Gore won the popular vote but lost the election because Bush received more electoral votes. Electoral votes vary by state (for instance, California has 55, Florida has 27, Texas has 34) so that states with a larger population have more electoral votes. In essence, this allows a candidate to win the election having only won the 11 largest states and not the popular vote. People can, and do, argue both for and against this sort of system. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. You can formulate your own opinion on the subject.

Cheers.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Has anyone else seen that video that made the rounds a couple of years ago which compares a speech G.W. Bush gave as governor of Texas several years back and one he made recently as President, and makes the case that he is suffering from a degenerative mental condition?

I don't think he actually, is, but the video was both compelling and distressing.

becomingcloser
02-22-2007, 02:33 PM
i'd like to ask bush how his johnson feels now that he's fucked an entire nation.

boarderwoozel3
02-22-2007, 02:44 PM
It's embarrassing that he even got the majority vote in 2004. Who the fuck listened to him speak and said to themselves, "yes, this is the guy who should run our country." This just proves that there are a lot of stupid people in this country.

Tobisking
02-22-2007, 03:12 PM
GW is the is the funniest US president ever, way better at comedy then BC. Never has such a powerful person been such a stupid ass - brilliant

DeltaSigChi4
02-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Another quality poll, people...

cheese.gif

E

SometimesNJ
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
why does this even need to be discussed? this has been understood since 2000.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
02-22-2007, 07:40 PM
just goes to show how fucked america is.... bush is the biggest joke

while not a fan of the dumbass,i wouldnt say we are fucked.

blame the last two elections on the 18-25 notgetting their lazy " i know everything" asses out and ACTUALLY voting instead of waiting outside Best Buy tobuy the new XBOX 360.

Then again if the democrates would actually have a good candiate we might get a great president. Gore was one of last hopes. I mean fuckme...HILIARY!!!!! I AM from NYS and refuse to vote for her.She bought her spot andi will vote green if she is the on then ballet this time.

Foucault
02-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Glad to clear this up. Even though RATM's politics may be infantile, it is GWB's politics that are fascistic!

PineapplePete
02-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Who the fuck voted no on the poll?

DeltaSigChi4
02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Terrorists.

E

PineapplePete
02-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Ba-zing...lol

KissDownUnder
02-23-2007, 05:04 AM
An electoral college is a set of electors who are empowered as a deliberative body to elect a candidate to a particular office. Often these electors represent a different organization or entity with each organization or entity represented by a particular number of electors or with votes weighted in a particular way. Many times, though, the electors are simply important persons whose wisdom, it is hoped, would provide a better choice than a larger body.

blah blah blah - waffle waffle waffle

You voted for Bush didn't you.

TheGunslinger138
02-23-2007, 05:25 AM

Nader. Gain some perspective before you criticize another country's situation.

KissDownUnder
02-23-2007, 05:42 AM
Nader. Gain some perspective before you criticize another country's situation.

Please explain.

Hannahrain
02-23-2007, 06:01 AM

erm.

if you had read into that at all, you would understand that unless an american is one of the few who has the opportunity to cast an electoral vote, you aren't really voting for anything.

try googling "2000 US presidential election" and you'll get it. not that it matters much if you get it; most of us still don't get it.

KissDownUnder
02-23-2007, 06:23 AM
erm.

if you had read into that at all, you would understand that unless an american is one of the few who has the opportunity to cast an electoral vote, you aren't really voting for anything.

try googling "2000 US presidential election" and you'll get it. not that it matters much if you get it; most of us still don't get it.

If I knew how to Google I wouldn't have to ask so many stupid questions.
I think old BC and I need to go sit in the corner and re-read the Article II Section 4.

DeltaSigChi4
02-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Just watch the first few minutes of Fahrenheit 9/11. It actually goes through the whole 2000 national elections in a complete yet brief manner.

E

DeltaSigChi4
02-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Here ...

0gAtFJ8MPjo

E

TheGunslinger138
02-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Please explain.

In your first post, you asked who voted Bush into office. I answered your question. The United States Electoral College voted Bush into office. Granted, the answer may have seemed exceedingly literal but I wanted to convey a point. The reality of the situation is that by voting for a particular candidate in a US Presidential election, the voter is actually voting for a representative (Elector) who has been nominated by the associated political party who has pledged to vote for the same party’s candidate. For example, in the 2000 US election, when a voter selected Bush, Gore, or Nader, they were actually voting for this representative from the Electoral College. For whatever reason, the framers of the United States Constitution didn’t want the general populous to have a direct vote. Based on population statistics, different states (and DC) have different allotments of Electoral votes. In fact, a candidate need only win the 11 states with the greatest allotment of electoral votes in order to win the election. As was evidenced by the 2000 election, this method of indirect election can result in the winner of the popular vote losing the election. This also occurred in the US in 1824, 1876, and 1888.

My interpretation of your initial post was that you were implying that citizens of the United States are responsible for making themselves look like deuchebags because we voted for Bush. In 2000, the majority of US voters did not vote for Bush; he won because of our system creating an indirect involvement in electing our President. In 2004, he did win the popular and electoral vote but I think that the major issue involved in the successful re-election was Iraq and the "War on Terror." Had the Republican Party not had both houses of Congress and the Executive office then I highly doubt we would have not gone to Iraq period (which was a large, if not the largest, issue addressed in the 2004 election). And that’s really what all this is about, isn’t it? The United States clear rejection of U.N. will and our ability to pull other countries into the war under the rhetorical title “Coalition of the Willing.” I am certain that I don’t need to remind you that Australia is a member of this coalition, with approximately 1300 troops there now. I understand why foreign citizens would be angry at us; they don’t feel they should be involved. But it appears that your voices aren’t heeded by your government either (because you are indeed involved), just as the majority of US public will was ignored in the 2000 election. To say that Americans are responsible for making themselves look like deuchebags is not entirely incorrect. It is my experience that Americans do deuchebag things every day. It is my experience that people in every country participate in their fair share of deuchebaggery. In the case of Bush, however, the majority spoke and was denied. The Electoral College voted Bush into office.

TheGunslinger138
02-23-2007, 09:03 AM
If I knew how to Google I wouldn't have to ask so many stupid questions.
I think old BC and I need to go sit in the corner and re-read the Article II Section 4.

You mention Article II Section 4 and I assume that you are referencing impeachment proceedings for the office of president. In the US, impeachment charges are not brought up by members of the general public. This is a congressional action that begins by the House of Representatives passing “Articles of Impeachment.” These are formal charges against the official and once a majority of the House of Reps passes them, the President is considered impeached. The Senate then tries the accused. A 2/3rds majority is required in order to find them guilty. Now, let’s consider the makeup of the United States Congress up until the November 2006 election. Both the House and the Senate majority was Republican. Would you really expect the Republican Party to bring impeachment charges against their own incumbent President?

KissDownUnder
02-23-2007, 09:30 AM
My interpretation of your initial post was that you were implying that citizens of the United States are responsible for making themselves look like deuchebags because we voted for Bush.

Thanks for the lesson. Appreciate your time and efforts.
Now a short lesson in Australian humour in just 3 words....."Taking the Piss"

Best Regards

NeverMyopic
02-26-2007, 11:01 AM
In your first post, you asked who voted Bush into office. I answered your question. The United States Electoral College voted Bush into office. Granted, the answer may have seemed exceedingly literal but I wanted to convey a point. The reality of the situation is that by voting for a particular candidate in a US Presidential election, the voter is actually voting for a representative (Elector) who has been nominated by the associated political party who has pledged to vote for the same party’s candidate. For example, in the 2000 US election, when a voter selected Bush, Gore, or Nader, they were actually voting for this representative from the Electoral College. For whatever reason, the framers of the United States Constitution didn’t want the general populous to have a direct vote. Based on population statistics, different states (and DC) have different allotments of Electoral votes. In fact, a candidate need only win the 11 states with the greatest allotment of electoral votes in order to win the election. As was evidenced by the 2000 election, this method of indirect election can result in the winner of the popular vote losing the election. This also occurred in the US in 1824, 1876, and 1888.

My interpretation of your initial post was that you were implying that citizens of the United States are responsible for making themselves look like deuchebags because we voted for Bush. In 2000, the majority of US voters did not vote for Bush; he won because of our system creating an indirect involvement in electing our President. In 2004, he did win the popular and electoral vote but I think that the major issue involved in the successful re-election was Iraq and the "War on Terror." Had the Republican Party not had both houses of Congress and the Executive office then I highly doubt we would have not gone to Iraq period (which was a large, if not the largest, issue addressed in the 2004 election). And that’s really what all this is about, isn’t it? The United States clear rejection of U.N. will and our ability to pull other countries into the war under the rhetorical title “Coalition of the Willing.” I am certain that I don’t need to remind you that Australia is a member of this coalition, with approximately 1300 troops there now. I understand why foreign citizens would be angry at us; they don’t feel they should be involved. But it appears that your voices aren’t heeded by your government either (because you are indeed involved), just as the majority of US public will was ignored in the 2000 election. To say that Americans are responsible for making themselves look like deuchebags is not entirely incorrect. It is my experience that Americans do deuchebag things every day. It is my experience that people in every country participate in their fair share of deuchebaggery. In the case of Bush, however, the majority spoke and was denied. The Electoral College voted Bush into office.

Wow, did you sleep in at a Holiday Inn Express?

Just kidding gunslinger, I didn't think you had to explain yourself after your concise explanation of our Electoral College-I actually thought it was very good reading and informative. I never took it that you voted for Bush, rather said explanation.

What actually puzzles me more, is that in 2004, the majority did vote for Bush. Kerry might not be the best, but he was definitely (by far) the lesser of two evils.

I also agree with someone else's statement about the 18-25 year olds; they really need to get out in 2008 - regardless who they vote for. (Hopefully not conservative)

Cheers

tiffdud41
03-02-2007, 02:30 AM
I vote, and I have since I was 18 (now 24), but I really tend to be pessimistic about the entire process. I say it's pointless to participate, but I do it anyway. Bush isn't who I voted for in '04.

hitthenorth
03-03-2007, 06:12 PM
No:
Good Days Last, happyguy23, ratmfan105
I love the fact that mr. ratmfan said that. Brilliant.

That made me laugh too until I noticed he was only fifteen years old. He's got a lot to learn.

hitthenorth
03-03-2007, 06:37 PM

Informative stuff. Its a sad state of affairs when a tosser like Bush bangs on about bringing democracy to other parts of the world and it's then flouted at home. He should be ashamed but blatantly isn't.

Oh, and 'deuchebaggery' is now my word of the week.

jimmyrad
03-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I feel sorry for Bush i really do. Poor guy, when you see him on TV you can tell he just wants to be back in texas, hunting deer or hanging out in a bar like a normal person, but no, daddy needed someone to finish off some business for him and now junior is stuck in a job he doesn't want. Poor guy.

Pixiessp
03-08-2007, 01:06 PM

It's a college in Florida I believe.

M Sparks
03-08-2007, 01:18 PM
There are people who think he might have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. The head of a Canadian FAS charity has said this, so she would know.

TheGunslinger138
03-09-2007, 12:33 PM
There are people who think he might have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. The head of a Canadian FAS charity has said this, so she would know.

I'm trying to picture Babs as a raging drunk.

tklint24
03-22-2007, 03:23 AM
i can't wait until Rage comes on and starts bashing him and all the fucking conservative pieces of shit. THe crowd is going to be going absolutely nuts. Its going to be incredible. Can't wait to be part of music history.

thelastgreatman
03-25-2007, 06:30 AM
As far as the youth vote goes, I wanted to bring up something that I found interesting about 04. Now of course all my friends who I respect were backing Kerry, most voted, but I also noticed what I consider to be a phenomenon of getting out the youth vote--about half of the youth seemed to end up voting for Bush I think. Why? Because being a generation of uninformed little twats without a proper sense of rebellion in them (too busy proving how individual they are by shopping at different chain stores in the mall) a lot of kids ended up asking their parents who they should vote for. And in a lot of cases said parents were working or middle-class white people (goddamn us) who have somehow all been convinced that the most important issues to consider when choosing a president are (a) low taxes and (b) smiting whoever the fuck it takes to insure that America never has to suffer anything ever.

It made me really start thinking that all these campaigns to get young people to vote, regardless of who they vote for but just to get out and vote, could be a massive shitting of our national bed. I think this is one of the misconceptions in democracy--exercising our voting power whether or not you know dick about what's happening. Maybe MTV should drop the "we're not going to have a political agenda" act, especially considering the fact that they spend most of their time brainwashing our young idiots into worshipping rich sluts from Hollywood and faux gangsters, and make up for all the damage they've done by taking a fucking side. Don't just "Vote Or Die," vote for the right fucking person or we'll all fucking die. And if you don't really know who you should be voting for, if you don't have an opinion on the matter 'cause you haven't been paying attention, just stay the fuck home whoever you are.

Or try voting for the guy who isn't clearly a dumb fuck, you intelligence-resenting young cunts.

(This isn't directed at any of you, of course. Unless it applies.)

bumper31
03-25-2007, 06:36 AM
2 party politics sucks

fatbastard
03-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Yes or No.

fober
03-26-2007, 12:02 PM
He's no less of an idiot than any other politician out there.

woogie846
03-28-2007, 06:19 PM
He's no less of an idiot than any other politician out there.

Obama? I'm liking him so far.

woogie846
03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Koko the gorilla could beat Bush at Scrabble.