PDA

View Full Version : Rock The Bells 2008

yonicsouth
04-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Lineup is announced on Tuesday...anyone who care have any clue who's playing?

I heard Nas and Dr. Dre and Snoop wou;d be there, although I would love to see The Beastie Boys there as well

gmoneyak
04-20-2008, 11:34 PM
I have a feeling Atmosphere will be a lock. Possibly Little Brother, Del, and Brother Ali ?

Weatherman
04-20-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm guessing Aesop and Dilated Peoples.

Stainofmind
04-21-2008, 01:28 AM
If Dr. Dre and Snoop do end up on it and come thru the Bay Area it be cool because it would make up for me not being able to go to the Up In Smoke Tour.

Backwater
04-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Ice Cube, Eminem, ATCQ

paulb
04-21-2008, 01:43 AM
Ice Cube, Eminem, ATCQ

if it were these guys and Beastie boys, i would def go...

GnarVee
04-21-2008, 09:22 AM
If Dr. Dre and Snoop do end up on it and come thru the Bay Area it be cool because it would make up for me not being able to go to the Up In Smoke Tour.

haha story of my life. My cousin had extra tickets and i couldn't go. I didn't even know what weed was back then.

phonics80
04-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm thinkin' its The RZA or NAS. They both have new albums coming out. I get to go to the line-up release press conference tomorrow and get to see some of the headliners perform at the release party to follow. I can't wait! The venue only holds around 50-100 people. I'm really hoping for Bobby Dig.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
I really hope the lineup sucks because I really don't want to go back to Rock the Bells

ficklecycle
04-21-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm sure Gnarls Barkley will be on the bill somewhere.

Boourns
04-21-2008, 11:25 AM
reh dogg to headline

GnarVee
04-21-2008, 11:28 AM
WU TANG. ATMOSPHERE. THE COUP. LIVING LEGENDS. HIEROGLYPHICS. NAS (IF HE EVEN SHOWS UP...) ERYKAH BADU. <----All theses guys for sure

Im really hoping for that Zack De La Rocha / Jon Theodore joint!

GnarVee
04-21-2008, 11:34 AM
WU TANG. ATMOSPHERE. THE COUP. LIVING LEGENDS. HIEROGLYPHICS. NAS (IF HE EVEN SHOWS UP...) Gnarls Barkley. Flobots. ERYKAH BADU. <----All theses guys for sure

whynotsmile99
04-21-2008, 12:36 PM
i'd love to see Erykah but can pass on Rock The Bells this year. I sure as shit don't want to go to Glen Helen and i wont be able to make it to San Fran again. I don't want to spend any more money on concert tickets until Tom Waits drops his dates.

If Dr.Dre is added im gonna be sad! how can i miss dre

instinct
04-21-2008, 03:01 PM
I really hope the lineup sucks because I really don't want to go back to Rock the Bells

lol i kind of feel the same way.. I've gone the past two years.. I must say that the Paid Dues/Rock the Bells line-up is getting a little played out though.

woogie846
04-21-2008, 05:38 PM
RZA for sure will be there.

cansei de ser sexme
04-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Tribe called quest, MF doom, brother ali, talib kweli, and DMX will be there fo sho

Trick Loves The Kids
04-21-2008, 05:46 PM
If Tribe plays I will be there in a heartbeat

eNVyartist
04-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Nas, Living legends, atmosphere, talib kweb and eryka badu would make it solid for me.

phonics80
04-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Tribe just played a couple years ago at the RTB in the Angel Stadium parking lot. It was an odd show, but they were amazing. I would love if they played again, but I doubt it will happen.

Stainofmind
04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Tribe called quest, MF doom, brother ali, talib kweli, and DMX will be there fo sho

I seen DMX at the Smokeout Festival hosted by Cypress Hill back in 03. DMX was the headliner. I'm surprised he even showed up because he is known for not showing up to his gigs.

Stainofmind
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
haha story of my life. My cousin had extra tickets and i couldn't go. I didn't even know what weed was back then.

haha rookie j/p.

scoop49er
04-21-2008, 05:57 PM
WU TANG. ATMOSPHERE. THE COUP. LIVING LEGENDS. HIEROGLYPHICS. NAS (IF HE EVEN SHOWS UP...) Gnarls Barkley. Flobots. ERYKAH BADU. <----All theses guys for sure

this is what i have haeard from my friends in the biz:

major shows like last year 4 total: little different vibe but still very much hip hop rock

the beastie boys
snoop dogg
reverand run
ice cube
wyclef jean
a tribe called quest
rakim
xzibit
bad brains
gnarls barkley
erykah badu

Stainofmind
04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
cool I'm down to see Bad Brains. Might be Chaos when they play.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-21-2008, 07:09 PM
If I have to sit through a Snoop Dogg set I'm going to be really mad

SubBass49
04-21-2008, 09:22 PM
the beastie boys
snoop dogg
reverand run
ice cube
wyclef jean
a tribe called quest
rakim
xzibit
bad brains
gnarls barkley
erykah badu

the beastie boys (cool)
snoop dogg (good show back when I sa whim at Lollapalooza & Up In Smoke)
reverand run (are you fucking joking? I hope so)
ice cube (meh...racist fuck...doesn't he have some shitty childrens movies to make?)
wyclef jean (decent)
a tribe called quest (NICE)
rakim (Hella nice)
xzibit (egh...I could deal with Strong Arm Steady though)
bad brains (eh...)
gnarls barkley (good show, but not really RTB material...Goodie Mob would be dope though)
erykah badu (Hell yes)

cansei de ser sexme
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
If Tribe plays I will be there in a heartbeat

then you are there in a heartbeat. i know this for a fact.

woogie846
04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
When's the line up announced?

eNVyartist
04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Tribe just played a couple years ago at the RTB in the Angel Stadium parking lot. It was an odd show, but they were amazing. I would love if they played again, but I doubt it will happen.

At angel's stadium parking lot?!!! Are you (in my best gay voice) CEREAL?! Fuckin A! (no pun intended) I bet playing next to the giant A would be a lil wierd. I was born and raised in Anaheim, and I'm a fan of the artists mentioned. I woulda been beside myself!

Backwater
04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
"If I have to sit through a Snoop Dogg set I'm going to be really mad" - What if Dre is with him and they only play stuff off of The Chronic and Doggystyle? Not likely I know, but you'd be mad to "sit through" a snoop dogg set and not xzibit?

phonics80
04-21-2008, 10:52 PM

Damn, I'm so hoping you're right.

At angel's stadium parking lot?!!! Are you (in my best gay voice) CEREAL?! Fuckin A! (no pun intended) I bet playing next to the giant A would be a lil wierd. I was born and raised in Anaheim, and I'm a fan of the artists mentioned. I woulda been beside myself!

Indeed. The stage was literally right next to the big A. Pharcyde even came out for a few songs right before Tribe. It was only strange because it didnít seem like that many people were there, especially for such an epic occasion.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-22-2008, 12:02 PM

Honestly if I get to see Tribe this summer I'm going to flip the fuck out.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh fuck, the lineup is up.

A Tribe Called Quest
Nas
Mos Def
De La Soul
Rakim
Method Man + Redman
Ghostface + Raekwon
Immortal Technique
Dead Prez
Murs
Spankrock
Kid Sister
Santogold
The Cool Kids
Jay Electronica
Wale
B.O.B.
Kidz In The Hall
Amanda Blank
Flosstradamus

with special guest The Pharcyde

Goddamn this looks so much better than last year. No Rage fans, A motherfucking Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Ghostface, De La Soul, Rakim, goddamn.

anti-square
04-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Damn. That shit looks dope. Hip Hop heads rejoice

Trick Loves The Kids
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Here's hoping Nas actually shows up this time.

Young blood
04-22-2008, 12:08 PM
What are the cities this year?

suprefan
04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Ok, I might have to go, MUST SEE TRIBE.

PotVsKtl
04-22-2008, 12:10 PM
A Tribe Called Quest
Nas
Mos Def
De La Soul
Rakim
Method Man + Redman
Ghostface + Raekwon
Immortal Technique
Dead Prez

Hot balls.

Young blood
04-22-2008, 12:11 PM
NO FUCKING WAY! AUG 23 DENVER SAME TIME AS OLF. NOOOOOO!

Trick Loves The Kids
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
There's no list, if you go to the website it scrolls through the dates hella slowly. All I know is San Francisco is on Saturday, August 16th.

And fuck yes a Tribe Called Quest.

Young blood
04-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Its a great line-up. Im going to have to be in sf for 2 weeks.

xxxxxxxxxx
04-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Sat 7/19 - Chicago, IL
Sun 7/20 - Toronto, ON
Sat 7/26 - Boston, MA
Sun 7/27 - New York, NY
Sat 8/2 - Miami, FL
Sun 8/3 - Philadelphia, PA
Sat 8/9 - Los Angeles, CA
Sat 8/16 - San Francisco, CA
Sat 8/23 - Denver, CO
Sat 8/30 - Vancouver, BC

suprefan
04-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Well, I guess I can make it, Im off that weekend.......

Blinken
04-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Los Angeles? not in San Bernadino??? I would be so happy.

Young blood
04-22-2008, 12:30 PM
In Denver the same time as the dnc......= Obama and Oprah in the vip tent

SFChrissy
04-22-2008, 12:32 PM
There's no list, if you go to the website it scrolls through the dates hella slowly. All I know is San Francisco is on Saturday, August 16th.

And fuck yes a Tribe Called Quest.

SWEET!!! They better do something 'bout that porty potty mess cuz last year was FUCKING NASTY!!!

Sushov23
04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
it will be at glen helen it says on the announcement.
That part sucked.
I hope tickets aren't 100 bucks like last year.

suprefan
04-22-2008, 12:38 PM
They cant be 100 bucks this time, Rage isnt there. Itll dropp down to what it normally was which was like $50 - $60

full on idle
04-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Here's hoping Nas actually shows up this time.

no shit

Los Angeles? not in San Bernadino??? I would be so happy.

Wasn't it moved to San Bernadino from LA because of ticket sales or something?

suprefan
04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
No, it was in San Bernadino to begin with. Just the venue changed. NOS Events Center is like 15 mins from Hyundai Pavillion.

anti-square
04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I think it was always in san bernadino. It just moved venue

Sushov23
04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I fucking hate the Hundai Pavillion(but oh well, can't miss this year's rock the bells)

paulb
04-22-2008, 12:48 PM
im impressed its hitting Vancouver.... prob Thunderbird Stadium...

Trick Loves The Kids
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
I really hope it isn't in a parking lot in SF again. The lineup is super sick but goddamn that 'venue' was shit.

Anything for atcq though.

TommyboyUNM
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Denver on a Saturday?! I could maybe check it out. Which venue in Denver?

Young blood
04-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Im guessing red rocks again.

Young blood
04-22-2008, 01:04 PM
I really hope it isn't in a parking lot in SF again. The lineup is super sick but goddamn that 'venue' was shit.

The sound system was absolute shit.

suprefan
04-22-2008, 01:06 PM

Shoreline..............

TommyboyUNM
04-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Im guessing red rocks again.

If it's Red Rocks then I'm there for sure. I'm looking for a Red Rocks show to go to, after seeing an amazing show by Muse last year. Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters and Stone Temple Pilots all play on weekdays. Might be Rock The Bells in August!

Young blood
04-22-2008, 01:11 PM
If it's Red Rocks then I'm there for sure. I'm looking for a Red Rocks show to go to, after seeing an amazing show by Muse last year. Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters and Stone Temple Pilots all play on weekdays. Might be Rock The Bells in August!

http://www.monolithfestival.com/

SFChrissy
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
I think it was always in san bernadino. It just moved venue

That's correct...it initially started at The Orange Show Pavilion

TommyboyUNM
04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
http://www.monolithfestival.com/

Thanks for the link. I'll keep checking back to see when they announce the lineup (unless I somehow missed it).

full on idle
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
The parking lot was disgusting and there was no shade I hated that. The last time I saw A Tribe Called Quest was in like 1996 and they weren't that good. Hopefully they are rested and happy with eachother in order to do this festival.

I saw somebody on the bus with one of those backpacks the other day. Was that VIP deal worth the money did anybody get that?

moviebruin
04-22-2008, 01:49 PM
I saw Tribe at the last tour they did at the Wiltern. Ive never seen the crowd move all in unison like that. most crowd energy i have ever seen in a hip hop concert and for a show at the Wiltern, outside of the Muse in like 05 or whatever. Im def gonna be at this. Rakim is a legend!

xxxxxxxxxx
04-22-2008, 01:51 PM

It was so much better than Rock The Bells at Sleep Train Pavilion in Concord in 2006. Seriously that was single worst concert I've ever attended. The sound last year was a big improvement compared to 2006.

scoop49er
04-22-2008, 01:52 PM
here is the lineup:

GUERILLA UNION NEWS UPDATE APRIL 22, 2008

GUERILLA UNION TEAMS WITH MYSPACE TO ANNOUNCE PERFORMERS AND ROUTING OF THE LEADING HIP-HOP FESTIVAL SERIES TODAY AT ALL-STAR PRESS CONFERENCE AND SECRET SHOW

2008 ROCK THE BELLS INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SERIES POWERED BY SANDISK LINE-UP RELEASED

HEADLINERS INCLUDE A TRIBE CALLED QUEST, NAS, MOS DEF, DE LA SOUL, RAKIM AND
REUNITED SPECIAL GUESTS THE PHARCYDE
WITH ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCES BY SPANK ROCK, SANTOGOLD, KID SISTER, JAY ELECTRONICA AND MANY MORE!

ROCK THE BELLS has established itself as a world-class hip-hop platform by hosting legendary performances. The 2007 festival series included performances by a reunited Rage Against the Machine, the Wu Tang Clan, Public Enemy celebrating their 20th anniversary as a band and many more. The tradition of top names and memorable performances continues in 2008 as the line-up and routing for this year’s ROCK THE BELL 2008 INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SERIES POWERED BY SANDISK--kicking off July 19 in Chicago--was announced today during a press conference in Claremont, CA by Chang Weisberg of Guerilla Union and hip-hop all-stars A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Raekwon, Murs, and Supernatural who are all confirmed on this summer’s bill.

Featuring performances by A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Mos Def, De La Soul, Rakim, Method Man & Redman, Raekwon & Ghostface (Cuban Linx), Immortal Technique, Dead Prez, Murs and Kidz In The Hall, the ROCK THE BELLS 2008 INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SERIES POWERED BY SANDISK once again is marked by the leading hip-hop line-up seen on one bill this year. This year will be highlighted with an unexpected reunion of The Pharcyde. But it does not stop there, as fans will also see performances by the brightest names in the emerging electro-hip hop scene including Spank Rock, Santogold, Kid Sister, Wale, Flosstradamus, Jay Electronica and The Cool Kids with hosts B-Real of Cypress Hill and the world renowned Supernatural.

After its July 19 launch, ROCK THE BELLS 2008 INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SERIES POWERED BY SANDISK will hit nine more North American cities on seven consecutive weekends, wrapping up in Vancouver at the end of August. 2008 also marks the first year that ROCK THE BELLS will go global with four stops in Europe and one in Japan. Highlights of the series include first time dates in Toronto, Vancouver and Philadelphia, plus a return to the Glen Helen Pavilion in San Bernardino, CA where last year’s show sold out with a capacity crowd of 45,000 people. Pre-sale tickets will be available May 14th - 16th via www.guerillaunion.com, and then to the general public on May 17th. Exclusive LA pre-sale starts on May 7th-9th with on-sale to follow May 10th.

Most of this year’s headliners will be performing with new music as well; performers with albums coming out this year include Q-tip from A Tribe Called Quest with The Renaissance, Nas with Nigg*r, Mos Def with The Ecstactic, and Murs with his major-label debut Murs For President. Method Man & Redman return with Blackout 2, the follow-up disc to their 1999 platinum selling album Blackout!, and Ghostface Killah will join Wu Tang Clan bandmate Raekwon to perform songs from Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II, Raekwon’s highly anticipated follow up to the critically acclaimed 1995 release Only Built 4 Cuban Linx.

Event organizer Chang Weisberg of Guerilla Union is thrilled with the direction on this year’s festival series stating: “This year’s line-up represents, respects and recognizes the diversity and inspirational possibilities often promised, but rarely delivered in a live hip-hop experience. We really feel that this year’s group of artists define our platform and further galvanize the legacy that Rock The Bells has earned through the years. Guerilla Union constantly strives to curate shows that house those once-in-a-lifetime performance experiences that our fans have come to expect. I am thrilled that the majority of performers on this year’s bill have new music to showcase, and we have still managed to deliver all the qualities of Rock The Bells that our fans demand year after year. There’s always something fresh and familiar about our line-ups. Fortunately, we have a knack for making Hip Hop dreams come true. And this year is going to be no different.”

“We are very enthusiastic about partnering with Myspace.com (a place for Hip Hop) to announce this year’s line-up to an audience of 70,000,000 people,” adds Weisberg. “Traditionally, we have launched our shows via print and radio, but this year we will tap into the muscle of Myspace.com to help expose our platform to an unprecedented global audience. Our shows provide a visceral and aural backdrop to the legions of dedicated fans. Fortunately, the live experience can never be duplicated or downloaded, but the memories and experiences continue to live digitally on our cameras, mobile phones and Myspace pages. Viral outlets have become our fans’ method of choice when spreading the word on the Hip Hop lifestyle and community. What better way to launch our event than by capturing that audience globally via MySpace.”

In addition, Guerilla Union has announced that SanDisk has renewed its partnership with Rock The Bells to introduce mobile flash memory to their community and SanDisk as a title sponsor to our festival series. “Micro SD technology can help change the music industry,” says Weisberg. “We are proud to work with SanDisk and develop better ways to empower artists and the fans who enjoy their music. Rock The Bells will host SanDisk’s “Wake Up Your Phone” campaign. We are constantly amazed at how flash memory improves the functionality of everyone’s cell phone. Our fans are on top of their “tech game” and we believe that this partnership will improve the live experience in general by incorporating these new technologies into the fan experience. Our festivals are uniquely powered by SanDisk and we thank them for all of their support.”

Guerilla Union’s ROCK THE BELLS 2008 INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SERIES POWERED BY SANDISK, has established itself as a world-class hip-hop platform by hosting legendary performances by Rage Against the Machine, NAS, A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, Lauryn Hill, Blackstar (Talib Kweli and Mos Def), Hieroglyphics, Living Legends, De La Soul, Busta Rhymes, Cypress Hill and Jurassic 5 as well as reuniting Wu-Tang for their last performance with ODB in 2004. In 2007 it was the top-grossing hip-hop event in the country.

ROCK THE BELLS INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SERIES POWERED BY SANDISK DATES:

Sat 7/19 - Chicago, IL
Sun 7/20 - Toronto, ON
Sat 7/26 - Boston, MA
Sun 7/27 - New York, NY
Sat 8/2 - Miami, FL
Sun 8/3 - Philadelphia, PA
Sat 8/9 - Los Angeles, CA
Sat 8/16 - San Francisco, CA
Sat 8/23 - Denver, CO
Sat 8/30 - Vancouver, BC

scoop49er
04-22-2008, 01:55 PM
for hip hop, its a cool lineup, but i have to pass........

Sushov23
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm so fucking stoked for this, I hope it's about 60-70 bucks after fees. HELLS YEAH. By the way if you got the money get the VIP. You get preferred seating, and a cool backpack, shirt, and poster.

Blinken
04-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Fuck it i am not going. Fuck Geln Helen,

paulb
04-22-2008, 02:06 PM
this is no RATM, Cypress, PE lineup though.

Sushov23
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
but it is RAKIM, PHARCYDE, ATCQ, NAS, De La Soul and that is what hip hop is all about.

PotVsKtl
04-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Shoreline..............

Yeah, assigned seating for Dead Prez and Immortal Tech. That sounds like a good idea.

scoop49er
04-22-2008, 02:09 PM
not as strong as last year but for sure a very very good lineup!!!

SFChrissy
04-22-2008, 02:12 PM
The parking lot was disgusting and there was no shade I hated that. The last time I saw A Tribe Called Quest was in like 1996 and they weren't that good. Hopefully they are rested and happy with eachother in order to do this festival.

I saw somebody on the bus with one of those backpacks the other day. Was that VIP deal worth the money did anybody get that?

A friend got me the VIP deal for a birthday gift. I didn't go into the area until later in the evening and it was very brief...'bout the only cool thing 'bout the package was seperate entry which was a breeze and the backpack other than that...if it was my money I wouldn't have spent it on that biz...

The shirt you get in the back pack are the flaw'd and they were out of posters when I went to pick-up my goods.

cansei de ser sexme
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
called it.

Stainofmind
04-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh what My girl Kid Sister is playing. Thats awesome. I knew she would come up.

woogie846
04-22-2008, 04:42 PM
ATCQ! I am so there.

wmgaretjax
04-22-2008, 04:43 PM
The whole fuckin Spank Rock crew is gonna be there. Fuck yes.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Seriously if Tribe are on point then the venue can be total shit and the tickets can be way too expensive and it'll still be worth it.

SubBass49
04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Fuck Guerilla Union.

I told 'em last year that I'd never go to another show at Glen Helen, and I'm sticking with that.

Fuck that place...fuck the SB cops...and fuck whoever designed the traffic flow from that parking lot after shows. If you think it takes a long time to get outta Coachella, you haven't seen shit until you've tried to get out of Glen Helen.

sbessiso
04-22-2008, 07:20 PM
regret not going last year to the Miami show, gunna catch it this year for sure

fober
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not going back to the Pavilion if Jesus Christ and the 12 Apostles are playing the entire Dark Side of the Bible record with the Vatican orchestra.

Still applies.

Backwater
04-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Why does it have to be at Glen Helen? Fuck! I'm still going though as three of my favorite rappers are there: Immortal Technique, Rakim, and Method Man.

Dave Gravy
04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
THE PHARCYDE!!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!

Young blood
04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
I think the dates are being rearranged it says 8-9-08 on pollstar for denver.

and it is at shoreline for SF. hahahaha sucks.

All Your Base
04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh fuck, the lineup is up.

A Tribe Called Quest
Nas
Mos Def
De La Soul
Rakim
Method Man + Redman
Ghostface + Raekwon
Immortal Technique
Dead Prez
Murs
Spankrock
Kid Sister
Santogold
The Cool Kids
Jay Electronica
Wale
B.O.B.
Kidz In The Hall
Amanda Blank
Flosstradamus

Goddamn this looks so much better than last year. No Rage fans, A motherfucking Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Ghostface, De La Soul, Rakim, goddamn.

I'm fucking IN! Tribe and Pharcyde would be enough to get me to go, but DAMN!

PotVsKtl
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
What the fuck? I'm not going to this shit at Shoreline. Suck a dick Mountain View.

summerkid
04-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I'd take this lineup over last years. Tribe and De La and Rakim that's hip hop.

PotVsKtl
04-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I don't have the coordination to raise the roof on a sloped surface. It's hazardous to my personage to attend this hippity hop festival.

thinnerair
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Hip hop? Sounds like something a bunny would listen to.

suprefan
04-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Called it.............. Shoreline ftw

Young blood
04-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Party on trash mountain!

Aso a date for Oregon was added.

PotVsKtl
04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Called it.............. Shoreline ftw

You called the worst possible venue. Nice work you botched lifecast looking leech.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-23-2008, 02:51 PM
what is wrong with shoreline?

PotVsKtl
04-23-2008, 03:10 PM
what is wrong with shoreline?

http://i30.tinypic.com/dwrif.jpg

Sushov23
04-23-2008, 03:27 PM
that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Trick Loves The Kids
04-23-2008, 07:30 PM
ehh it's better than a parking lot

bballarl
04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Maybe a little bit.

Young blood
04-24-2008, 08:36 AM
I liked the parking lot because I was from outta town and it was nice to see a concert in SF. It was really convenient and the city backdrop was cool. I would go to the SF show again if they changed up the sound system, to bad its at shoreline.

stuporfly
05-12-2008, 05:54 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/21bnpqq.jpg

Dates have changed a bit. Most of the artists on the poster have asterisks next to their names meaning they're not playing every show on the tour. Check the Rock the Bells MySpace blog for artists performing at each stop.

www.myspace.com/rockthebells

A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Pharcyde, Mos Def, Rakim, etc...I'll definitely hit Jones Beach.

Sushov23
05-12-2008, 06:05 PM
IT IS FUCKING RETARTED HOW THEY ARE DOING TICKETING THIS YEAR, PLUS GLEN HELEN so I'm not going this year, fuck RTB.

OutOfmYminD
05-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Allready have my ticket for front row Glen Helen, hope the sound there isn't as bad as you guys say it is. If so, I'll deffinitly be having a bowl of sad for breakfast everyday untill the next Coachella lineup is released.

suprefan
05-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Allready have my ticket for front row Glen Helen, hope the sound there isn't as bad as you guys say it is. If so, I'll deffinitly be having a bowl of sad for breakfast everyday untill the next Coachella lineup is released.

It is, have fun

IT IS FUCKING RETARTED HOW THEY ARE DOING TICKETING THIS YEAR, PLUS GLEN HELEN so I'm not going this year, fuck RTB.

So you got stuck with lawn or something? Ummmm, first off this isnt last year where it was gona be at NOS so all tickets were GA. Then it got moved to Glen Helen so all tickets had to stay the same. What did you expect?

Sushov23
05-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Dude I had GA PIT, don't even go there. I just dont think the lineup is woth 100 bucks. Are you going? oh, and lawn for 50 bucks is not worth it either.

gmoneyak
05-12-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm skipping RTB this year, if anything I'll be at Paid Dues in Berkeley..

Stainofmind
05-12-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm pissed that my girl Kid Sister is not playing the San Francisco date. Fuck that shit. I would go for sure if she was there now I am going to have to think about it. I guess I'll see her at Lollapalooza.

ThomThom
05-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Glen Helen again? What a fucking joke.

OutOfmYminD
05-13-2008, 12:49 AM
The Pharcyde are extra dank. Has anyone here seen them live? Ever? And what's up with their listing as a "special guest" does that mean they won't do a full set??

SubBass49
05-13-2008, 04:23 AM
Glen Helen again? What a fucking joke.

THIS.

Won't go back. EVER.

Memorial_07
05-13-2008, 06:56 AM
tribe called quest is playing right?

betao
05-13-2008, 08:17 AM
tribe called quest is playing right?

well their name is on the poster, at the top. It could mean that they'll be selling drinks or catering food to the festival, though.

Memorial_07
05-13-2008, 11:55 AM
well their name is on the poster, at the top. It could mean that they'll be selling drinks or catering food to the festival, though.

oops.
i didn't see the poster.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2008, 11:59 AM
http://i28.tinypic.com/21bnpqq.jpg

Dates have changed a bit. Most of the artists on the poster have asterisks next to their names meaning they're not playing every show on the tour. Check the Rock the Bells MySpace blog for artists performing at each stop.

www.myspace.com/rockthebells

A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Pharcyde, Mos Def, Rakim, etc...I'll definitely hit Jones Beach.

i've never gone to rock the bells before. does that mean that only certain artists play each show? is there any show where all the artists play? (and i can't myspace at work or i'd just check that)

whynotsmile99
05-13-2008, 12:01 PM
i've never gone to rock the bells before. does that mean that only certain artists play each show? is there any show where all the artists play? (and i can't myspace at work or i'd just check that)

most of the top half names play at every show. the second tier acts usually change depending on the venue. at least thats how it was last year

OutOfmYminD
05-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Like stuporfly said before the Rock The Bells myspace has the lineups scheduled for each venue.

Young blood
05-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Ill be dammed I thought they were changing the LA and Denver dates.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Like stuporfly said before the Rock The Bells myspace has the lineups scheduled for each venue.

and like i said in my post, i can't myspace at work so i was asking here :)

Young blood
05-13-2008, 12:18 PM
It varies all the big names will be at each venue. Down the list names are at different shows. in LA you will probably see all the acts.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Oh good De La Soul aren't playing the SF date. :nono

brando4n82
05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Why cant Spank Rock just play some headlining shows?

and where the fuck is Del?

Young blood
05-13-2008, 12:23 PM

paid dues tour.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2008, 12:23 PM

whatchu got against de la soul? they were awesome when i went to see them at the cannes in san diego last year.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm upset about it, they were up there with Tribe for me. Oh well.

OutOfmYminD
06-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Blue Scholars, MF Doom and Sage Francis among others were just announced in an email sent out today. Not sure what dates they're playing though. Still, I'm excited, hopefully all three will play LA.

Xenocide
06-04-2008, 01:41 AM
you guys are all nuts! i don't know what you guys have against glen helen (did you guys get stuck with lawn tickets or something?)... and you bitch about shoreline too? please tell me what RTB venue is better than those two! (parking lot? fuck that! street scene sucked balls for the same reason)

i wouldn't go this year because the lineup's weak compared to last year (and overpriced), but i snuck into the GA pit last year and the sound was awesome and it was a great view... (and grass seats are great at every other concert i've ever gone to at glen helen; hip-hop just doesn't work that far away though)

*edit: ooh, the gorge, now THAT's a venue for a RTB show!

Sushov23
06-04-2008, 12:06 PM
WHAT A JOKE! there are still GA PIT tickets available. Tickets are not selling AT ALL.

Xenocide
06-04-2008, 12:15 PM
yeah... i wouldn't pay $100 bucks for this year's lineup... i probably wouldn't pay $15 for this year's lineup...

woogie846
06-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I left my wallet in El Segundo.

Sushov23
06-04-2008, 04:26 PM
I would drop 60 for this lineup. 100 for Pit is not worth the lineup they are trying to sell.

OutOfmYminD
08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
If anyone cares to throw in an "I told ya so" about the sound quality and overall experience at glen helen now is the time.

Sushov23
08-12-2008, 11:48 PM
To be honest the sound was not bad, the vibes where chill as fuck(better than the RAGE year), and it was a surprise to see it was damn near sold out. I was looking for this thread, but could not find it sunday.

OutOfmYminD
08-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Where were you at? Which acts did you like? I was in the pit up front for hours and was sick of the entire event but stayed to see The Pharcyde come on. In retrospect where I was standing probably was not a good spot considering how the speakers were all concentrated on the sides and the two inner racks were pointed toward the artists on stage.

Sushov23
08-13-2008, 12:01 AM
I was in the lawn, but it sounded great. I liked MURS, Immortal Tech, Meth and Redman, ATCQ all stood out. Mos Def was prob my fav though. He was on some other shit compared to last year's subpar set. Nas was cool also.

Backwater
08-13-2008, 12:27 AM
How was Pharcyde? Did they or anyone else have a live band, or at least a live drummer?

Sushov23
08-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Black Eyed Peas did.

stinkbutt
08-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I went to this in Chicago and Tribe fuckin killed it. Nas was really good too which I was kinda surprised about. I felt bad for Mos Def though cause he was good but they put him on right after Meth and Red and nothing really seems the same after them.

Memorial_07
08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Shit, we need ATCQ for next year at Coachella.