PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone feel scammed?

NoGwenPlease
02-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Concerning single day tickets being sold out while 3 day passes are not.

If some people feel like they have enough money to pay 250+ just to go to rage on sunday they can still do it.

But what about the people that just want to see Arcade Fire? And don't have enough money to pay for a whole weekend?

I feel if they wanted to really sell out the whole venue they wouldn't have limited the tickets. I guess it's good in some regards, but really feels like a scam to me.

It's not like i would ever go to just one day or anything. just sayin.

vinylmartyr
02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't feel scammed in the slightest. If they would have allowed unlimited Sunday tix to be sold all the people who wanted to go all 3 days would be fucked.

vinylmartyr
02-01-2007, 04:48 PM
3 day pases will sell out soon. So you theory is kinda whacked.

pewter14
02-01-2007, 04:54 PM
It's business ... limit the one day tix and sell more 3 day passes ... if, getting closer to the show, it becomes evident three day passes won't sell out, they can always break them up and sell as one day tix again ...

I'm not saying this will happen, but, simple economics, supply and demand ... that's capitalism ...

If they put out a shit product I'd be pissed, but, the product GV delivers is high quality every year ...

summerkid
02-01-2007, 07:53 PM
That's all good and true, but I think another reason why they do this is to prevent people coming for just one band. I mean imagine if they didn't limit sunday tickets. Sunday would suck for the people that go every year. You'd be surrounded by people who only want to see Rage and the atmosphere would suffer.

wmgaretjax
02-01-2007, 08:10 PM
i actually think the limiting of one day passes are great for coachella. The more people that come with the intent of seeing lots of music, the better it is for the atmosphere of the festival.

I don't want a bunch of people coming for one band (whether it's rage or AF), that's not the point of all this.

Anything that can be done to prevent that is ok by me.

rebeldread
02-01-2007, 08:49 PM
yeah GV really cares about all of the bands being watched equally...they're milking RATM's reunion for every penny is what they're doing.

pewter14
02-01-2007, 09:06 PM
actually, I'd love for everyone to come to see just the headliner ... more room all day long to see other bands for me.

lindseyb
02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
i feel scammed by the nigerian guy on ebay that sabatoged my auction by overbidding then didn't pay.

psychic friend
02-01-2007, 09:53 PM
you guys all think you know. go start your own festival and see. you have no idea how much we really care. some people do and im glad they post.

musicmatters7
02-01-2007, 10:01 PM
i got scammed last year, i went and heard a bunch of good music that i had to buy all their CDs...and this year my new cd buying started early.....
go to hell coachella!

rebeldread
02-01-2007, 10:01 PM
i did try starting my own festival...then the CEO of GV devoured my soul in the name of the dark one

elChurro
02-01-2007, 10:02 PM
total scam, stagecoach is the proof thats its all about the money... but what isn't these days when it comes to music. ...oh well, bend over and take it for now till the masses come to there senses or the crowd just gets worse through the years and eventually revolts.

there should be no need to force anyone to buy more than one ticket, at any time... thats pure marketing strategy.

rebeldread
02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
thanks elchurro

i'm sick of the "it's so the people who want to go all 3-days can go" bs, from the posts on this site and the number responses i've gotten on selling my sat ticket, most people don't want to spend 3 days and $300 on this damn thing

sacleonard
02-01-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't feel scammed in the least. In fact, I find the ticket prices to be fair, especially for the selection of artists, and one day's admission would cost nearly the same amount just to see the headlining artist (RHCP for example) with 1-2 opening acts.

If single tickets weren't limited, one day sales could become lop-sided (especially for a RATM reunion show) because thousands of fans would be willing to pay $90+ to see them at another venue. By limiting the one day passes, the atmosphere of the festival is preserved... which, for me at least, is a big reason why I go (aside from the great music, of course).

rebeldread
02-01-2007, 10:07 PM
if it was about a "3-day art and music festival" and not $$$ there would be a lot more local bands/small acts and there wouldn't be the big names.

rebeldread
02-01-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't feel scammed in the least. In fact, I find the ticket prices to be fair, especially for the selection of artists, and one day's admission would cost nearly the same amount just to see the headlining artist (RHCP for example) with 1-2 opening acts.

If single tickets weren't limited, one day sales could become lop-sided (especially for a RATM reunion show) because thousands of fans would be willing to pay $90+ to see them at another venue. By limiting the one day passes, the atmosphere of the festival is preserved... which, for me at least, is a big reason why I go (aside from the great music, of course).

so if GV was at all concerned with "preserving the atmosphere of the festival" then, they wouldn't have booked rage and then everyone could go on whatever day they wanted too, just like in the past

sacleonard
02-01-2007, 10:42 PM
so if GV was at all concerned with "preserving the atmosphere of the festival" then, they wouldn't have booked rage and then everyone could go on whatever day they wanted too, just like in the past

I disagree. It's got to be incredibly difficult to find 2-3 artists that have mass appeal without turning the festival into a boring corporate event (which explains the RHCP backlash on this board).

The headliners drive sales and pay the bills, but it's all the other names on the list that make Coachella unique. Frankly, I am a little underwhelmed by the other two headliners, but again, that's not why I go. RATM is my most anticipated headliner, but I am much more excited about Friday and Saturday's lineups.

I think that RATM fits the festival well, but it creates a dilemma for the other two days. To your point, RATM is very unique: major reunion, political timeliness, biggest fan base is in LA, etc. However, since they landed RATM, I think that they are protecting the festival by limiting single day tickets.

rebeldread
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
except the other two days don't need to be protected. and we'll see just how many of the true 3-day coachellers there really are when/if the 3 days sell out. a big chunk of the 3-day passes that have sold already are probably rage fans that couldn't get the sunday pass as it is. i don't think the 3-day pass needed to be "protected"

it's about the money, admit it. they didn't force us to buy 2 day passes to past coachellas. they're getting greedier and using rage as a bargaining chip.

psychic friend
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
oh geez.

eXcivory
02-01-2007, 11:00 PM
WE ARE NOT GETTING SCAMMED. IF YOU WANT TO SEE YOUR FAVORITE BAND, WAIT TIL THEY DO THEIR OWN TOUR. FESTIVALS LIKE THIS ARE A CULTURAL EXPERIENCE AND LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN AMERICA, THEY COST MONEY.

THE END--QUIT BITCHING.

rebeldread
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
"a cultural experience".....it's just a goddamn show. i guess you like forking over your paychecks for illusory "cultural experiences", but I don't. coachella is more of a cultural embarrassment.

SojuGorae
02-01-2007, 11:54 PM
I had to opt for the 3-day pass too because I missed out on the Saturday morning rush. 300 smackers does hurt. Especially with Ticketmaster joining in on the butt reaming with their bullshit miscellaneous charges.

mikediamond
02-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Listen boys & girls
there is no such thing as a "scam" when concerning Coachella.
if you think there is, that all your hard earned dirty money is going to waste, then download mp3s and jerk off all night, alright nobody cares. You're going to see some of the best music being made right now in a live setting with people who appreciate music and life all the same. I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK DOES MONEY MATTER TO ANYONE ANYWAY?! Bjork alone, to travel to the hotspots she plays at would cost about three hundred dollars in itself. Quit whinning to the god damn internet, take a couple days off from a meaningless life, and go see all the acts playing

Hexaflex
02-02-2007, 12:25 AM
rebeldread: :blah

If you quite literally just want to see one band from an entire festival then fine, go ahead and bitch about "Wah wah there should be more single day tickets wah". Alright, so you weren't fast enough to get the exact ticket you wanted - that's your own damn fault. Next time be faster. And hey, there's still 3-day tickets, which if you actually like music generally rather than just wanting to go and see omfg Rage is a far better deal anyways!

If there was too many single day tickets for Sunday, then it'd be overcrowded because yes, Rage are a huge pull. I know I want to see them sure as hell. But then, the other two days would need to sell as many single day tickets to match or the number of people would be lopsided. This would then mean there was fewer 3-day passes, because there's an upper limit as to how many people can go without needing to hire Tokyo train-pushers. Personally, I prefer it that more people who want to go to the whole festival and see all kinds of bands can get tickets, rather than just the fans of one headlining band.

Oh, and to be clear? <--- Massive Rage fan. That doesn't, however, preclude me from enjoying other band's music on the other days.

Also:

total scam, stagecoach is the proof thats its all about the money... but what isn't these days when it comes to music.
Since when is anything not about money? You want a band's album? Money please. Going to a restaurent for a slap-up meal? That'll be some money. Need fuel for your car? X amount of money please guv'nor!

Money is basically a way of saying "I value your product and/or service, so here's some of my solidified working time for you (which is basically what money is - the more time you spend working the more of it you get.)" If you don't think what you want is worth it then don't pay, that's your choice. This is the way it has always been, and most likely always will be. Personally, I'm more than happy to pay a fair price to go and see 3 days of music.

But then that's a different topic >.>

Benis23
02-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Listen boys & girls
there is no such thing as a "scam" when concerning Coachella.
if you think there is, that all your hard earned dirty money is going to waste, then download mp3s and jerk off all night, alright nobody cares. You're going to see some of the best music being made right now in a live setting with people who appreciate music and life all the same. I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK DOES MONEY MATTER TO ANYONE ANYWAY?! Bjork alone, to travel to the hotspots she plays at would cost about three hundred dollars in itself. Quit whinning to the god damn internet, take a couple days off from a meaningless life, and go see all the acts playing

you arrogant twat

of course its a scam...theres no reason for having a limited number of one day tickets other than for them to make more money

aynalehcar
02-02-2007, 02:08 AM
"a cultural experience".....it's just a goddamn show. i guess you like forking over your paychecks for illusory "cultural experiences", but I don't. coachella is more of a cultural embarrassment.

You must be joking.

wmgaretjax
02-02-2007, 02:19 AM
at the good festivals in europe you can only by passes to the whole festival.

ED GEIN
02-02-2007, 02:47 AM

As well as Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo here in the states.

bartelby
02-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Whiners please don't attend. We'll all promise not to attend your whine-fest.

Deal?

GV rules. Tollet is a god. PF is a goddess. Coachella will be the best weekend of the year (as always).

TESTIFYTHIS
02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Rage is back, in Indio, who cares how much it costs...sell your shoes if you need to.

SFChrissy
02-02-2007, 09:07 AM
The only way I feel scammed is by Ticketmaster having a monopoly on ticket sales...

Other than that...GV and Coachella are my favorite...I leave every year with the most pleasurable musical orgasm!!!

elChurro
02-02-2007, 10:31 AM
once bands start dropping because of conflicts, drug dependencies and or stolen equipment, then mysteriously replaced with the likes of perry ferrel and beck maybe your tune will change... lets hope its not anyone you care to hear.

:D

vinylmartyr
02-02-2007, 11:14 AM
The Duke Spirits stuff was stolen last year and they still preformed.

vinylmartyr
02-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Thats a good future trivia question.

waxybk
02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
No matter how you look at it everyone has to make money. There is no way to avoid it. At least you are getting a good selection of music from all genres, a beautiful atmosphere to chill out in, and a bunch of other shit. If people feel like it's a scam to have to buy all 3 tickets, then sell the tickets for the days you don't want to go and leave it alone, it's not rocket science. Or ,find someone who did that and buy your tickets that way. People complain about the silliest shit.

Just go...drink some beers, eat some food, jam out with your clam out, rock out with your cock out and then go home after 3 days....thank you.

skavenbrew
02-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I really hope none of these whiners attend.... last thing i want to hear is people bitching all day while the rest of us are enjoying ourselves. no one's threatening to break your kneecaps if you don't buy a 3 day pass.

gmoneyak
02-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Uhhhhhhh.... I'm not Complaining..

To me this is the best deal there is... the only ones complaining are the ones that slacked on buying their 1 day ticket in time.. Buy the 3 day, enjoy AS MANY BANDS AS POSSIBLE, and come back here later to complain...YEAH, IT ISN"T GOING TO HAPPEN...

eudaemonia
02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Considering I usually pay $40+ for a decent band (and at least one support act) in a decent sized venue (with service fees and all), no I don't feel like this is a scam. However if a person's just there to see one band and don't agree with the festival prices (because it is a festival -- not a concert -- after all) just wait until they tour again.

summerkid
02-02-2007, 01:14 PM
thanks elchurro

i'm sick of the "it's so the people who want to go all 3-days can go" bs, from the posts on this site and the number responses i've gotten on selling my sat ticket, most people don't want to spend 3 days and $300 on this damn thing

Well, then don't go its a three day festival for a reason.

psychic friend
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
http://chronicle.augusta.com/masters/inaugusta_images/2003/need_tickets_2003.jpg

James
02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
The only way I feel scammed is by Ticketmaster having a monopoly on ticket sales...
word, fuck tm. I buy two tickets for $252 each... and my total is $569? That's a bunch of horse shit. It would be nice of them to give us an alternative to ticketmaster, especially since Coachella is supposed to be all about avoiding the corporate world.

vinylmartyr
02-02-2007, 02:00 PM
:yyablo

SnowShoe
02-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't feel scammed in the slightest. If they would have allowed unlimited Sunday tix to be sold all the people who wanted to go all 3 days would be fucked.

post of the year.

SnowShoe
02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
yeah GV really cares about all of the bands being watched equally...they're milking RATM's reunion for every penny is what they're doing.

do you ever think long-term? probably not, but Goldenvoice does.

fuc*ing the festival for one year means nothing to them. selling 60,000 tickets to RATM fans for sunday would screw the fest, even though it seems as if they could sell 60K for RATM if they desired.

GV is trying to hold 3-day tickets for fans who want to stay for more than a few hours - which is building long-term loyalty. if RATM fans don't understand that point... i'm sure goldenvoice won't lose sleep over it.

the fact that arcade fire fans have to buy a 3 day pass to see their band... that's just an unfortunate byproduct of ticket demand. nobody should be coming to this festival for one band - it's not worth the time/money/energy.

erase.me
02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Since when are single day tickets sold out? I just bought one for Friday.

summerkid
02-02-2007, 03:13 PM
that's the only day whose single tickets are still available lol.

erase.me
02-02-2007, 03:21 PM
that's the only day whose single tickets are still available lol.

Actually, it looks like it's only Sunday that's sold out (according to ticketmaster.com).

So dude who started this thread with the "what if I only wanted to see Arcade Fire" (or anyone else on Saturday) actually can.

woogie846
02-02-2007, 11:56 PM
word, fuck tm. I buy two tickets for $252 each... and my total is $569? That's a bunch of horse shit. It would be nice of them to give us an alternative to ticketmaster, especially since Coachella is supposed to be all about avoiding the corporate world.

That could be the stupidest thing ever. Coachella isn't about anti-conformity, its about the experience and about music, and having a great time in a great environment with great friends.

Proadict
02-03-2007, 11:57 AM
3 day pases will sell out soon. So you theory is kinda whacked.

no please noooooooo

JoeClark5
02-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Some of you are fucked in the head.

Who the fuck goes on a fucking coachella website to bitch about how much of a scam or how much of a "cultural embarrasment" it is.

if you dont like coachella then fuck you
if you like it then pay whatever the fuck they are asking for a ticket and quit your bitching

fucking prissy bitchs

waxybk
02-03-2007, 05:06 PM
damn...that's a lot of "fucks"

pandaroo
02-03-2007, 05:16 PM
3day passes are 3 day single passes. You can sell sunday and Friday seperatly if you want on ebay. Tix for sunday are bidding high. cause of rage. lame.
You shoulda bought your tic right away yo

C DUB YA
02-03-2007, 11:25 PM
you guys all think you know. go start your own festival and see. you have no idea how much we really care. some people do and im glad they post.

Am I one of those who cares?

SilverHaze81
02-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Um, Rage hasn't been together for how long?? 6 years?? what the F do you expect?? you have the RHCP playing the night before..seriously, what do you expect?? its a business and im sure they dont give a fuck what you think, because many others are buying the 3 day pass..and its going to be a kick ass 3 days and well worth it!!

vinylmartyr
02-04-2007, 01:56 AM
ITS GOING TO KICK ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

SojuGorae
02-04-2007, 02:06 AM
I'm going to sell my Friday ticket to a Bjork super fan.

Hannahrain
02-04-2007, 02:13 AM
TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT TO SEE ONE BAND>

it is not a Rage concert. It is not a Bjork concert. It is not a Chili peppers concert. Buying tickets to a festival to see only one band is like buying a bag of skittles and only eating the red ones.

it is a WASTE.

if you want to throw away the rest, that is your business. but QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT AND JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.

or sell your other tickets like everyone else who is actually doing something about what they don't like and not just posting on a message board.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
02-04-2007, 03:38 PM
except the other two days don't need to be protected. and we'll see just how many of the true 3-day coachellers there really are when/if the 3 days sell out. a big chunk of the 3-day passes that have sold already are probably rage fans that couldn't get the sunday pass as it is. i don't think the 3-day pass needed to be "protected"

it's about the money, admit it. they didn't force us to buy 2 day passes to past coachellas. they're getting greedier and using rage as a bargaining chip.

then dont go. Dont ever go again.

quit bitching because besides trying to bring THREE DAYS of great music they would like to make some money to pay for the grounds, pay vendors and pay the artists.. and oh dear lord.. make a small sum for themselves. WE should string them up by the balls for that.

better yet.. when your at your job.. why not refuse your paycheck as a an act of opposition againest the MAN to show all your brothers the evilness of captilisum.

And please take all your loserish freinds with you.

I am sick to death of this subject being beaten to death.

GV didnt do a thing wrong. Three day passes insure that EVERYONE GETS PAID . and that BIG named band all you 17 year olds want to see even though you were mearly an egg when they were at their best, They want mondo $$$ . Guess who has to pay for it...THREE DAY PASS HOLDERS. tHE SINGLE TIXS ARE CHUMP CHANGE.

grow UP..STOP CLOGGING THIS BOARD WITH YOUR STUPID rants about .." ohhh we are being scammed." whin whin boooo fuckin hooo to you. I earn a living..i pay my bills..I CAN AFFORD this three day concert festival.

Piss off and whin to your hot topic crew.

smellslikevagina
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Hate mail.:yyablo << you see that horse? Thats you.

suprefan
02-04-2007, 05:21 PM
I dont feel scammed. Everyone feels scammed because the f***ing Police are not on the bill due to the password incident.... THE ONLY WAY TO EXPERIENCE COACHELLA IS TO GO THE ENTIRE WEEKEND....... None of this 1 day bulls**t.. Be grateful you have the options because a lot of other festivals make you pay for the whole weekend and do not sell single day tickets...

C DUB YA
02-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I don't feel scammed wither.

ALTHOUGH....

I thought the password thing was kinda slimey. It should been something like Vespertine or something. IMHO

smellslikevagina
02-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I dont feel scammed. Everyone feels scammed because the f***ing Police are not on the bill due to the password incident.... THE ONLY WAY TO EXPERIENCE COACHELLA IS TO GO THE ENTIRE WEEKEND....... None of this 1 day bulls**t.. Be grateful you have the options because a lot of other festivals make you pay for the whole weekend and do not sell single day tickets...

Go to Coachella and have the time of your life then go to Bonnaroo and see The Police there!

fatbastard
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I feel scammed for the fact that I thought would be interacting with fellow Coachella aficionados on this new message board.

Future board postings at this rate.
The cost of Starbucks coffee
The price of gas
The cost of food at Red Lobster
The cost of movies
Why doesn't Coachella offer a 50% discount coupon in the Sunday paper?

crazzz2007
02-05-2007, 05:28 PM

since when do we give a fukc about how they do things in europe?

crazzz2007
02-05-2007, 05:31 PM
If you feel like coachella tickets are a scam, then don't buy them you fukcing morons. Buying something which you believe is a scam makes you incredibly stupid. End of subject.

sighlent
02-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Anyone have a stockpile of orange and green skittles they don't want, i'd be glad to buy them.

amyzzz
02-05-2007, 06:04 PM
If you feel like coachella tickets are a scam, then don't buy them you fukcing morons. Buying something which you believe is a scam makes you incredibly stupid. End of subject.

Why do you keep misspelling "fuck?" You can spell it correctly here and not get banned. Really.

Alchemy
02-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't feel scammed, but the message board makes me feel a little :spam ed.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Anyone have a stockpile of orange and green skittles they don't want, i'd be glad to buy them.

and who shall i send them too?

C DUB YA
02-05-2007, 08:22 PM

Since fucking COACHELLA was based on festivals in Europe, DUMBASS.

Talk about morons.

Benis23
02-05-2007, 08:44 PM

whats europe?

suprefan
02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Go to Coachella and have the time of your life then go to Bonnaroo and see The Police there!

I will have the time of my life for the 5th year in a row. And I am not going to Bonnaroo if the Police play. Radiohead(being pretty much my fave band ever) was there last year and I didnt make the trip out, so if you think the Police will make me go to a farm in the middle of Tennessee and not allow me to shower for 4 days and have all the jam bands PLUS artists that have played Coachella since they have started to tailor their line up more like it, just to see them play.(supposedly since we will find out next week if its true or not) You are clearly mistaken... Coachella > Bonnaroo

sithlord
02-06-2007, 05:57 PM

....have you ever BEEN?

crazzz2007
02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Why do you keep misspelling "fuck?" You can spell it correctly here and not get banned. Really.

seriously? wow, now i'm starting to like this new message board. This just made my day.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
fuck fuck fucking fuck
fuck

crazzz2007
02-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Since fucking COACHELLA was based on festivals in Europe, DUMBASS.

Talk about morons.

you idiot, just because coachella is held outdoors and features music does not mean it is based on european festivals.

C DUB YA
02-06-2007, 07:28 PM
you idiot, just because coachella is held outdoors and features music does not mean it is based on european festivals.

Ok, listen. I was not saying that at all. You are the bigger idiot, here's why.

Do a little homework and you will find out that Coachella is INDEED based on festivals such as Glasto and Reading, and not because its outdoors, you stupid fuck, no one was saying that. Coachella is based on Euro festivals in terms of type of bands, format, ticket price, etc... Coachella provides a festival full of acts (again, similar to the ones in Europe) in one setting for an American audience. Goldennvoice saw that this was lacking in the states and filled the void. This is coming from the guy that started Coachella, by the way. It is safe to assume that Paul T. and Goldenvoice copied plenty from Glasto, and Reading, and that's a good thing. Furthermore, you fucking piece of shit, don't insult me just because you HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE what you are talking about. If someone points something out, and that someone just happens to know what's what (like me), why not do yourself a favor and just read and learn and take a mental note or whatever the fuck you wanna do, but just remember to shut the fuck up when you feel stupid.

Now I know this is hard, because you obviously feel stupid all the time, I know this because you flap your goddamn mouth so much. just shut up, try it pal, its amazing what it will do for you.

ass.

Hannahrain
02-06-2007, 07:47 PM

Do you make a habit of spending your free time on the message boards of "cultural embarrassments"? Someone obviously on as high a horse as you are on doesn't have that kind of time, what with all the culture-enhancing activities that you seem to be taking part in (my guess is pouting and a whole damn lot of whining, while not actually doing anything to solve the problems you are crusading for).

It's a waste of your time to complain, and a waste of our time to read your complaints.

:2c

s0nn3
02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
If you dont like it, tough tiddy!

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-06-2007, 08:42 PM
whats europe?

You know, it's that place where history comes from!

Quentin
02-06-2007, 09:16 PM
If anyone's going to see just one band shouldn't be spending so much money, I agree with that, but while you're here why don't you just enjoy it? Why would anyone even pass up a chance to see so many amazing bands and meet so many people? It's a great place for you to discover bands you've never even heard of and to enjoy some awesome scenery. Where else are you going to be able to experience this kind of atmosphere?

If you look at it from a larger scale, being able to see so many bands for what, 300 dollars? It's one hell of a deal! But if you really feel that opinoinated about it, don't bitch about it on a forum where everyone does support and enjoy Coahella, contact the people who organize the event. It get's annoying and you're just going to feel stupid when everyone tells you to shut the fuck up and deal with it. You're not going to accomplish anything by bitching rudely about it.

Excuse the hostile tone in this post >.<;

And you know what, if you're not even going to show up for the other two days, fine. I don't want to be in the same area with shits as fucking stupid and bitchy as that. I'm here to enjoy the music, and make some new friends.

nmaff
02-12-2007, 02:19 PM
if you can't afford to go to all 3 days its cuz you're poor.
and if you're poor, FUCK YOU!

goldschly
02-12-2007, 06:53 PM
My sources tell me that sunday tickets will be sold at box office.

laineinla
02-13-2007, 08:47 PM

i'm a little late to this particular bulletin-party... but just in case someone else didn't already respond to that - RATM DID INDEED PLAY THE FIRST COACHELLA. fyi. so people who say it goes against "preserving the atmosphere of the festival" probably just lack long-term memory.

boarderwoozel3
02-13-2007, 09:18 PM
if you can't afford to go to all 3 days its cuz you're poor.
and if you're poor, FUCK YOU!

I concur

DeltaSigChi4
02-13-2007, 11:16 PM
TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT TO SEE ONE BAND>

it is not a Rage concert. It is not a Bjork concert. It is not a Chili peppers concert. Buying tickets to a festival to see only one band is like buying a bag of skittles and only eating the red ones.

it is a WASTE.

if you want to throw away the rest, that is your business. but QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT AND JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.

or sell your other tickets like everyone else who is actually doing something about what they don't like and not just posting on a message board.

Take a chill pill, sweetcheeks.

E

mburbey
02-14-2007, 01:57 PM
This has probably already been said in here somewhere, but really, why is it assumed that everybody's coming to Coachella to see RAGE? And what logic tells anyone that it makes sense to cater to fans of any individual artist? It's a festival, not a concert. If you only want to see one band, it makes no sense to go to a festival. And if you were so into seeing RAGE, you should have bought Sunday tix when they were available. But tix sell out. That's life. I personally have no interest in RAGE, and I'm much more psyched about Placebo, Interpol, Paul Van Dyke, Gotan Project, Arcade Fire, etc etc. And I wouldn't mind seeing Willie Nelson, too. Festivals are for music lovers, not people devoted to one band.

As for a being scammed is concerned, I paid $60 to see Bjork several years ago, the Stones charge $250 and up, whatever. The tix for Coachella are a bargain, and I don't have a fat wallet.

sydaud
02-14-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm flying in from Detroit to see just one band....every 1/2 hour!!!! Bring on the desert.

ohutah
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
thanks elchurro

that must be why the 3 days sold out faster this year than the past two years...

SubBass49
02-15-2007, 09:40 PM
eh...

Personally I'm happy to spend some cash to see some great musicians AND maybe find a new band or two that I didnt know about before that I'll enjoy. Worth every penny.

-- J

Phoenix
02-16-2007, 02:42 AM
I think this whole year is about money, honestly. I can't believe that all the tix are sold out for Sat and Sun, and I can't believe how much douche bags are asking for tickets. My opinion of Coachella has changed so much within the last couple of days. I have gone every single damn year (well, except for the other Bjork year...which is partly why I want to go so badly this year) and this is the first time I have felt like GV doesn't give a rats ass.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to spend close to a thousand dollars to go. It's just no do-able. Most people have things called bills and responsibility. Apparently those people won't be able to enjoy the festival this year.

Zipkoppie
02-16-2007, 04:36 AM
Damn, you guys want some cheese with that whine?

I also have bills and responsibilities, and if I could make it all the way from the other side of the fucking world, then you could have made a plan for $250.

This trip is costing me close on $5000 and you don't see me complaining, I stepped up to the plate and made a plan, if you wanted to go so badly, you could have done the same

Tickets weren't $1000 when they went on sale a month ago. Coachella isn't ripping any one off, they can't be blamed for your procrastination. They are just running a festival, and unfortunately there is only limited space available otherwise no one would be able to fucking walk, because it would be too crowded. I’m almost sure then everyone would also have gone on the “It’s all about the money, that’s why they are over selling the festival” crusade. If it was about money for them, they would have had more tickets, not less, if you ever heard of a thing called “mathematics” I’m sure you’ll be able to work it out.

Time waits for no man, and if you’re sitting without ticket now, its no one's fault expect your own, you people are going on like your owed something, well I got bad news, welcome to the real world, its up to you and no one else to make the things happen that you want in life.

sonofhal
02-16-2007, 05:13 AM
If you only like one band, why not post your whining shite on their message board? I'm sure you'll make lots of special friends.

No quotes. If you think this is aimed at you, then it is.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0305224/

SubBass49
02-16-2007, 05:39 AM
I think this whole year is about money, honestly. I can't believe that all the tix are sold out for Sat and Sun, and I can't believe how much douche bags are asking for tickets. My opinion of Coachella has changed so much within the last couple of days. I have gone every single damn year (well, except for the other Bjork year...which is partly why I want to go so badly this year) and this is the first time I have felt like GV doesn't give a rats ass.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to spend close to a thousand dollars to go. It's just no do-able. Most people have things called bills and responsibility. Apparently those people won't be able to enjoy the festival this year.

Wow...the nerve of Goldenvoice to do something for MONEY of all things...what do they think they are...a company? Those BASTARDS! LoL. Sound ridiculous enough yet?

The only way Coachella has changed from 99 till now is that now they actually MAKE a little money, whereas in 99 they almost went bankrupt and they lost a bunch of $$. Shame on them for actually wanting to stay afloat and pay their employee salaries, be able to put on more concerts, or invite top-of-the-line talent. Shame on them. LoL

As for having bills & responsibility, you're hearing all this from a guy who took the time to go to college and get his education so that he could AFFORD to do things later in life. But responsibilities like my mortgage (which costs half my paycheck each month), bills, food, etc are all in my lap and they're all gettin' paid...even though I'm goin' to Coachella. It's called SAVING and RESPONSIBILITY.

-- J

longbeach90803
02-16-2007, 06:15 AM
i feel scammed every time i gas my car up

Phoenix
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey, guess what? I realize it's a damn company and they need to make money to keep doing what they do. Don't talk to me about limited space and "no room to walk". Every other year has been fine, so that's bullshit.

I don't need a lecture on responsibility or saving. It's not about that. My point was that this has never happened in any past year so how the hell could anyone anticipate tickets selling out so quickly? Sure I said GV doesn't give a rats ass...cuz I was upset. Message boards are for ranting and discussing. I was ranting.

Also, you don't fucking know me and you have no IDEA how I manage responsibilities in my life. So drop the holier than thou attitude. You went to college? So did I. Get over yourself.

SubBass49
02-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey, guess what? I realize it's a damn company and they need to make money to keep doing what they do. Don't talk to me about limited space and "no room to walk". Every other year has been fine, so that's bullshit.

I don't need a lecture on responsibility or saving. It's not about that. My point was that this has never happened in any past year so how the hell could anyone anticipate tickets selling out so quickly? Sure I said GV doesn't give a rats ass...cuz I was upset. Message boards are for ranting and discussing. I was ranting.

Also, you don't fucking know me and you have no IDEA how I manage responsibilities in my life. So drop the holier than thou attitude. You went to college? So did I. Get over yourself.

Oh my GOD...lol...get over yourself kid.

1. The REASON every other year has been fine is that every other year they sold a limited number of tickets too! Coachella has rarely sold out an individual day. Now that the festival has been around longer and more people know about it, sell-outs are a reality. Personally I like the ability to lay down between bands out in the grass at the center of the polo field without getting trampled.

2. If you know you want to go, make buying your ticket a priority. My brother and I have gone to EVERY Coachella festival. We've never had to buy our tix from a scalper...including this year...because we knew it was going on sale soon and paid attention to when the pre-sales took place to guarantee we got tix. If that's too much work or whatever else kept you from getting tix then it must not be much of a priority for you. That's fine, but don't blame Goldenvoice.

3. Sure I don't know you personally, but I know what you wrote in this thread...you said people with bills and responsibilities wouldn't be able to go...you said GV doesn't give a rat's ass...you said your opinion of the festival has changed because you didn't plan far enough in advance to get tix. That's enough for me to hear that I feel I can comment on your little rant without having to justify myself. My comment about going to college was to head off any talk about having a low-paying job. News Flash...even when I was only able to work 16 hours a week while I did an unpaid internship & went to school, I found a way to save enough $$ to go to Coachella.

If something means enough to you, you will find a way to make it happen. If not, don't complain.

Now get over it or do what the other procrastinators did and buy from some a$$hole scalper.

-- J

Mctommy
02-16-2007, 04:18 PM
whats europe?

You know, it's that place where history comes from!

At least Europeans know their history and geography. Ask 1/2 of the dumbwits in the US, they wouldn't know what happened in history in 1492 or where some countries are.

Perfect example: just watch Leno and Letterman do those interviews on the street.

Mctommy
02-16-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't need a lecture on responsibility or saving. It's not about that. My point was that this has never happened in any past year so how the hell could anyone anticipate tickets selling out so quickly? Sure I said GV doesn't give a rats ass...cuz I was upset. Message boards are for ranting and discussing. I was ranting

You snooze, you lose.

2 weeks is a lifetime.

jimmycrackcorn
02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
i think an improvement to coachellafest would be for them to ALSO have a section for RV city like the TENT city they have... i know they would charge a grip for it but WTH i live in the valley and would rather camp out in a RV than commute back & forth each day...

HEADSTRUCK
02-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Rage is back, in Indio, who cares how much it costs...sell your shoes if you need to.

werd, i payed 450 bucks for my sunday ticket

HEADSTRUCK
02-21-2007, 06:48 PM
As well as Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo here in the states.
not true...lollapalooza u can buy single tickets