PDA

View Full Version : acts conflicting

ashtraygrl
02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
have those of you who've been before noticed that they try to keep acts that might attract the same fans from playing opposite one another? i'm hoping so. i'm most excited to see bjork and placebo. they both play on friday and i'm hoping like hell it won't be at the same time. i've never seen either of them and have been waiting for forever to do so.

ashtraygrl
02-01-2007, 01:11 PM
wait... WTF/LOL i just noticed that they are NOT playing on the same day. i could have sworn they were.
hmm.... nevermind. i seem to be retarded.

musicmatters7
02-01-2007, 01:12 PM
placebo plays on sunday, did you mean interpol maybe?

DeltaSigChi4
02-01-2007, 03:08 PM
I eagerly await seeing Placebo live.

I can care less about Bjork.

E

ollie L
02-02-2007, 05:09 PM
man, BJORK and INTERPOL on at the same time, that'll kill me . . . anyone see that happening?

RifleEyes
02-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Do they really do this? Set most wanted acts at the same time?

Never been to Coachella before =\

summerkid
02-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Interpol will most likely be playing on the main stage before bjork. Can almost guarantee it.

tessalasset
02-02-2007, 09:11 PM
have those of you who've been before noticed that they try to keep acts that might attract the same fans from playing opposite one another?They actually make a concerted effort to keep them separate. This is true. That's why the Coachella Micrommunity works so well.

woogie846
02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Interpol will most likely be playing on the main stage before bjork. Can almost guarantee it.

Most certainly possible, but I'm gonna have to go with:

Interpol - JAMC - Bjork

mountmccabe
02-02-2007, 10:22 PM
They do make a great effort to not have artists with similar fan bases overlapping... but everyone has different tastes and there're too many good bands at the fest for there to be no overlaps. And there's nothing can be done about it.

My suggestions are to look into as many of the bands playing as you can beforehand so that even if/when there are major overlaps you have someone else to look forward to afterwards.

summerkid
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Most certainly possible, but I'm gonna have to go with:

Interpol - JAMC - Bjork

I dunno I could see it, but JAMC seems to be too perfect at sunset for it not to happen

breakjaw
02-03-2007, 12:47 AM
I've seen JAMC at Lollapalooza in the daytime and it just doesn't work(at that time they used dry ice and video screens and stuff).They should be in the slot Bauhaus occupied in '05(right before the headliner Mainstage),since it is a very similar situation(high cred 80's band reunion,etc.).
If they came on upside-down singing "Upside-Down" would be great,too.

Uglycasanova05
02-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Man i just hope The arcade fire and the decemberists dont play at the same time i would see the arcade fire though ive seen the decemberists before.

woogie846
02-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Man i just hope The arcade fire and the decemberists dont play at the same time i would see the arcade fire though ive seen the decemberists before.

I can almost promise you that they won't.

woogie846
02-03-2007, 10:03 AM
I dunno I could see it, but JAMC seems to be too perfect at sunset for it not to happen

Oh Sunset! Now that I think about it, I'm gonna have to agree with you.