PDA

View Full Version : adding artists to the line up

balls2thewall
02-01-2007, 11:05 AM
ive seen that many of you have posted that in the past they add artists to the line up...is this so? do you think they will still add to the 2007 line up? just hoping to see a few more big names this year.

fingers crossed
XX

amyzzz
02-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Who knows? If this sells out quickly, why would they need to add any new artists? (unless someone big cancels...)

They have done this in the past, but we've never had such crazy hysteria in the past as we've had this year over RATM.

ashtraygrl
02-01-2007, 12:43 PM
nothing against rage (i actualy like them) or their fans that don't fit the following discription:

but i know a lot of people who aren't going this year because of lack of certain bands/types of bands. another big reason i've heard is because they think the festival will be full of testosterone driven young people with anger issues. i'm afraid of that myself... but i'm still going. so... if the tickets do not sell out and/or they want to keep the crowd happy... they will add more bands that appeal to a wider variety of people.

bmack86
02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Rage's fans scare me.

ashtraygrl
02-01-2007, 12:52 PM
i have a feeling that many of the fans of rage miss their point entirely. .... i get the same feeling from being at a NIN concert and watching dudes punch random girls in the face or try and start macho fights against "fags".

angry/aggressive lyrics do not always promote outright violence. i wonder if some people even LISTEN to the songs, or if they just pick out certain words and thrash around.

amyzzz
02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Can we all just agree that RAGE, NIN, and Tool fans are just annoying? Or at least the more violent members of their group. I'm a NIN fan myself, but being a scrawny little woman, I can't really cause too much damage in a mosh pit.

Filtrate
02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
If you can't the heat , get your a$$ out of the kitchen

mob roulette
02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Can we all just agree that RAGE, NIN, and Tool fans are just annoying? Or at least the more violent members of their group. I'm a NIN fan myself, but being a scrawny little woman, I can't really cause too much damage in a mosh pit.

it's not that they are all annoying, zzz. it's just the ones who don't seem to listen to anything ELSE.

bmack86
02-01-2007, 01:14 PM

If I can't what the heat? Oh, please tell me. Please, please please.

NOSHELTER
02-01-2007, 02:04 PM
heat

sonofhal
02-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Way to underline the point everyone was trying to make.

I love a good moshpit, and i like Rage, but i'm sure if a fan went up to Zack and bragged about punching people at their gigs, he would be less than impressed.

ayates
02-01-2007, 02:27 PM
it's not that they are all annoying, zzz. it's just the ones who don't seem to listen to anything ELSE.

I agree that there are ones that are complete fucking meatheads that should die in a fire. I saw Tool a few months after last year's Coachella when they started playing 10,000 Days live. People were trying to mosh and cause havoc during that song...no class.

scoop49er
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM
rage's music is very intense and passionate and angry so yeah sunday night will be very intense. my tip to you: find a spot where u feel comfortable. the first few minutes are gonna be some of the most insane min u will ever see. from there with 3 days of heat and beer and other things, there will be some heated escalations. dont freak out. just look at the dude who is an asshole next to you and compromise and say fuck yeah then move!! :) trust me ive been in scuffles cuz a guy would push me and annoy me and i wanted to stand my ground. but the older im getting and from doing concert security for 3 years, the more i understand its just aggression and that same guy will fall asleep in 10 min when he sweats his buzz off of him and get sick. for me, ill be in the middle rocking then slowly will move back and enjoy the jams!! have fun yall!! :)

Melissa
02-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Violent Rage fans just haven't found a way to channel their anger into something meaningful yet.

vinylmartyr
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
the first few minutes are gonna be some of the most insane min u will ever see.

I been to alot of show my friend. We will see.

frijolesdelaolla
02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
why are people terrified of Rage's fans? It's not like its gonna be an 80s trashmetal show.

jerpar24
02-01-2007, 05:37 PM

I am a huge RAGE, NIN, and TOOL Fan and I think it is rather ignorant of you to say we're annoying. The ones that start mosh pits tend to be drunk dumbasses that miss the whole meaning of the music. Their the type that listen to Lateralus and have no clue what the song is about.

Jerry

pandaroo
02-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Wow this topic changed quick! when the lineup was announced, they said it was preliminary and more updates are to come. Friday and sunday are thinner than saturday. good sign more are to come. in 04 beck was added like the day before and they didnt need him the show was sold out!

aynalehcar
02-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Rage's fans scare me.

ditto.

balls2thewall
02-02-2007, 03:09 AM
way to go guys! nice way to take my thread and ruin it with your banter over rage etc... etc...

its cool though, thats what happens on message boards i guess.

anyone else with insight on the original topic?

C DUB YA
02-02-2007, 05:13 AM

you are a fucking moron

Matty22Fatty
02-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Last year Kanye and Madonna were added the week before the show, right? They knew it was selling out then too...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I have a strong feeling that no other BIG artist will be added..may the Liars and Goldfrapp and what not..But I highly doubt (Tear..) Portishead will be announced..if that happens I will eat crow..

woogie846
02-03-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm really curious to see what is gonna happen when Rage goes on. Maybe people will come to their senses. I hope so.

AudioSlave21
02-03-2007, 07:16 PM

Very Poetish..
i Agree with this Guy.. "you Play with Fire, you Get the Horns"