PDA

View Full Version : 2008 MONTEREY MUSIC SUMMIT LINEUP ANNOUNCED....

scoop49er
04-17-2008, 01:55 PM
well this festival waited late to announce their lineup but here it is:

actually a nice lineup for a small festival. nice way to spend a weekend:

5/29-5/31

INITIAL LINEUP: it is subject to change so ill keep checking)

SNOOP DOGG, SLIGHTLY STOOPID, COHEED AND CAMBRIA, STS9, OZOMATLI, THE CRYSTAL METHOD (DJ SET), TEA LEAF GREEN, MELVIN SEALS AND JGB, MOONALICE, FISHBONE, NEW MONSOON, DIESLEBOY WITH MC MESSINIAN, ALBINO!, TIBETAN MONKS AND MYSTICAL ARTS OF TIBET, PAULA COLE, RAINE MAIDA FROM OUR LADY PEACE, SHELBY LYNNE, JULIETTE LEWIS AND THE LICKS, JUST JINGER, MATES OF STATE, SUPERDRAG, CRASH HOT, HOT BUTTERED RUM, WEST INDIAN GIRL.

amyzzz
04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I didn't know Paula Cole was doing live shows anymore.

Boourns
04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
gross. And why is the crystal method too lazy to do live sets anymore?

scoop49er
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
yeah i was monitoring the fest and they had nothing up so i assumed it basically had a quite death but i decided to check the site and boom!!

actually im still looking up info and the lineup is all messy on all different so im trying to get the exact lineup but i might check out saturday and sun just to get completely sotned and watch ozomatli and snoop dogg!

paganman7
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Why is New Monsoon listed twice?

BlackSwan
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
The Crystal Method are officially pathetic, but I'd actually consider going to this if I didn't already have sick tickets for REM and Modest Mouse

scoop49er
04-17-2008, 02:13 PM
its certainly not a destination festival but for us locals of nor cal, monterey is amazing in may and to be able to spend a day listening to music and enjoy the scene, might be worth checking out.

unitedwestand
04-17-2008, 02:14 PM
me too, that show is gonna kill! cant wait for whenever that saturday is!
SOLD OUT motha fucka!

scoop49er
04-17-2008, 02:18 PM
i might go. im not going to bfd so it opens up a weekend and i love monterey to chill out so this might be a weekend of blunts and beer! :)

BlackSwan
04-17-2008, 02:20 PM
me too, that show is gonna kill! cant wait for whenever that saturday is!
SOLD OUT motha fucka!

what's SOLD OUT?

Backwater
04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm in! This is a very diverse and fantastic lineup.

I've always wanted to see Fishbone. Snoop Dogg will be fun at the very least. I'm a huge STS9 fan. The only crappy bands on this whole lineup are Slightly Stoopid and Tea Leaf Green. Why are Superdrag and West Indian Girl so far down on the list? They're both more popular than a lot of those other bands billed higher.

sushizen
04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Looks fun:

Friday:
The Crystal Method
STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9)
Tibetan Monks (Mystical Arts Of Tibet)
Mates Of State
West Indian Girl
Juliette Lewis & The Licks
Paula Cole
Shelby Lynn

Saturday:
Ozomatli
Slightly Stoopid
Snoop Dogg
Hot Buttered Rum
Superdrag
Raine Maida
The Crystal Method

Sunday:
Coheed and Cambria
Tea Leaf Green
Moonalice
Melvin Seals and JGB
Just Jinjer
West Indian Girl
Albino! Heavy Heavy Afro Beat
Diesleboy with MC Messinian
New Monsoon
---
http://www.montereymusicsummit.com

sushizen
04-22-2008, 06:23 PM
cool video from last year's fest. Michael Franti was great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knviUexPf28

sushizen
04-22-2008, 06:25 PM
3 Days camping,
3 Stages,
Over 30 Bands,
Featuring:
Snoop Dogg,
Slightly Stoopid,
Coheed and Cambria,
STS9
Ozomatli,
The Crystal Method,
Paula Cole,
Tibetan Monks,
Filthy Gorgeous Burlesque,
should be fun....

kitt kat
04-22-2008, 06:41 PM
i'd only go for mates of state

sushizen
04-22-2008, 07:59 PM
I see they just added Ky-Mani Marley, saw him last year headlining the Monterey Reggae Fest and he was amazing! That's cool.

minerva
04-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey all,
if you are over the huge crowds, this is a cool event--you can get really up close and personal with the artists, the security is laid back and everyone is really friendly. i went to it last October when it was at the Fairgrounds. hope it's still like that...
i hear Laguna Seca camping is incredible. i wish they would post some pictures. anyone ever camped there before?

Minerva

Backwater
04-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm only going Saturday. Even though STS9 is one of my favorite bands right now, it's just too expensive when you can see them play two extended sets for around $20 at a club. Snoop Dogg, Ozomatli, Superdrag and Hot Buttered Rum is one great day of music!