PDA

View Full Version : Do you bring your gadgets to Coachella?

djbionik
04-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm debating whether to bring a new camera and my very very nice and highly loved phone.
In past years I went straight from school and brought my mac computer to the valley and actually did homework in my tent and kept it under a bunch of white towels, and it suffered slight damage which was later fixed quickly by the mac geniuses.
Once I brought a phone and lost it, and it was mailed back to me. (thanks goldenvoice!)
But this year..I'm just not sure. I even hesitated on writing this because I don't want anyone swiping my stuff, this is the first year I'll pull off a coachella without going totally broke. I would like to keep it that way, if you know what I mean.

any suggestions as to how to protect beloved phones from the sweaty adventures of coachella?

algunz
04-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Don't bring your gadgets.

kindablue
04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree. I wouldn't bring anything I placed much value on to this show. Too many ways to lose/break stuff. I'm bringing a raggetty camera and a beat up phone. If you have to bring your top of the line shit, I suggest a small ziplock bag or something. Make it water proof.

NiceArthur32
04-17-2008, 01:26 PM
i love my iphone and can NOT live without it...

but its staying home... i think im gonna use an old phone i have instead...

whynotsmile99
04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
my dad is letting me borrow his digital elf camera, brand new. I'll take care of it, probably dump it in my locker at night when I go partying. should be alright

slurpee
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I am an ubber computer nerd. I carry my laptop around with me at all times. I am on call 24/7 for my work at an ISP. I bring my laptop EVERYWHERE.

Except Coachella.

This is my time to escape from computers and actually live for a weekend.

Don't bring your gadgets.

Edmontonian
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Cameras are sketch. I'm bringing mine because I loooove concert pictures but it gets very very dusty. sand gets in all the wrong places. if you do bring it, bring supplies to clean your lens (a clean wipe at the least). The camera I took last year, the lens became jammed about a month after the festival, resulting in poor focussing and no zooming... but I think that was more due to exposure to salt water, I took it boating on the ocean too... it was a crappy camera anyways. I never got it fixed because I wanted to upgrade. But I still think the dust/sand at coachella was a major contributor.