PDA

View Full Version : GIRLS......

snowgirl_69
02-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Hiyah Girlies...im just wondering what clothing people are planning to take with them...im thinking a few summer dresses etc....what u girls recon?? Amcoming from the Uk so dont want to get it wrong, not goin to be able to packfor every eventuality....xxxxxx

ashtraygrl
02-01-2007, 08:56 AM
i'm probably going to wear something light and pack a hoodie in my backback. i think it gets a tad bit chilly at night and is hot during the day. that's what i'm guessing anyway, since it's technicaly the desert.

lethaldesign
02-01-2007, 09:08 AM
light sundresses would be fine for the day. i usually wear a bikini top or thin/light halter & a denim mini &i'm comfortable. the evenings do get a big chilly/windy, so you *might* need a light sweater. i usually don't put mine on until i start walking out of the event (once my adrenaline starts to cool down) :)

captncrzy
02-01-2007, 09:20 AM
If you wear a dress, make sure you're comfortable sitting in it-goodies on display otherwise...

randy ricochet
02-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Answer on the topless thread!!!!

brittany
02-01-2007, 09:32 AM
i wore shorts and a tank top last year and i was too hot... this time i'm gonna bring dresses and skirts

amyzzz
02-01-2007, 10:05 AM
I wear jeans and a t-shirt. There's no chafing issues if you wear jeans or long shorts. Also, if you are baring skin, DO NOT FORGET TO WEAR LOTS OF SUNCREEN, especially if you are pale. Bring a hat and or sunglasses too--the part in your hair can get sunburned.

Changoloco
02-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Last year all the Madonna fans wore stilleto heels. I think that was a great idea. All the women should wear stilleto's and bikini's, then you would have not much concern about getting hot! Furthermore you wouldn't have to worry about tall guys standing in front of you!!

daughterxofxexile
02-01-2007, 10:15 AM
jeans and tees should be fine

foto_synthesis
02-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Bikini top, terry shorts, and sneakers and/or comfy dress, leggings, sneakers

*and most importantly SUNSCREEN/SUNGLASSES*:thu

I saw some of those pix from last year with girls wearing cowboy boots. Ouch!

frijolesdelaolla
02-01-2007, 11:14 AM
true coachella heads go naked.

amyzzz
02-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Last year all the Madonna fans wore stilleto heels. I think that was a great idea. All the women should wear stilleto's and bikini's, then you would have not much concern about getting hot! Furthermore you wouldn't have to worry about tall guys standing in front of you!!

Chango! Welcome back, man!

heatherxxll
02-02-2007, 07:20 AM
TONS of sunscreen
cotton sundresses, from Goodwill or American Apparel or Target or somewhere cheap...
Or a tank and shorts.
Converse shoes. With socks.
And bringing a long-sleeved lightweight hoodie in my bag, maybe a pair of flip-flops too.

Oh yeah. And stilettos of course.

Meadowsmeister
02-02-2007, 07:52 AM
wear 8MM silk georgette, poly acitate, or poly charmeuse (The most breathable fabrics for dresses)

lindseyb
02-02-2007, 08:12 AM
i can't imagine wearing jeans. i think i would die of heat stroke. but amy you live in the desert right? so you're probably more accustomed to high temps.

goodnessa
02-02-2007, 12:43 PM
If you wear a dress, make sure you're comfortable sitting in it-goodies on display otherwise...

This makes me larf. :)

Whats the most comfortable thing to wear around all day? Shorts/mini skirt and bikini or tank top?

I'm from Canada, so there's going to be snow on the ground when I get on the plane.. lame eh? Its going to be a big temperature adjustment.

napaquetzalli
02-02-2007, 11:53 PM
i wore sundresses last year and never needed a sweater. it was fantastic.

McFearless
02-03-2007, 12:18 AM
I have been thinking about this for a long time. I want to very it a bit so this is what I am thinking.

Friday: Jean black shorts and a cotton tee or tank. Reebok old school shoes.
Saturday: Sun dress from Guatemala. some flats maybe and skinny stretchy pants that will be hidden. Its just for comfort.
Sunday: Skirt with strechy pants and a tee or tank.
all three days. Lots of sunscreen. As much makeup as the weather permits. Confortable shoes. Fedora hats that match. vintage sunglasses.

of course. knowing me. this will change at any moment.

Quentin
02-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Jeans and halters.

dontfeedthebird
02-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Pasties.

kike_gavilan
02-03-2007, 06:37 PM
gals I suggest you not wear black clothes, boots, last year I saw there a buch of girls who were wearing their swimsuits, and fresh cotton clothes

amyzzz
02-03-2007, 06:57 PM
i can't imagine wearing jeans. i think i would die of heat stroke. but amy you live in the desert right? so you're probably more accustomed to high temps.
I just don't like sitting around with sweaty legs rubbing against each other. Jeans take care of that problem. It also keeps others' sweaty legs from rubbing against me in a big crowd.

Boourns
02-04-2007, 03:36 AM
Bikinis. Yes.

stupidweeb
02-04-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm wearing what I wore to ACL in September: bikinis with strapless cover-up dresses and reef flip flops. I'll just dance more if I get cold in the evening.

A nice sarong is great too since there are a million ways to tie it and wear it. When you're not using it to cover up, you could wear it on your head or lay on it like a blanket.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
02-04-2007, 02:00 PM
light cotton anything. sunscreen, sandles or converse sneakers.
vagiesil for chafing, cotton capris for under skirts..hat ,sun glasses

LIGHT COLOURES@@@@

captncrzy
02-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm wearing what I wore to ACL in September: bikinis with strapless cover-up dresses and reef flip flops. I'll just dance more if I get cold in the evening.

A nice sarong is great too since there are a million ways to tie it and wear it. When you're not using it to cover up, you could wear it on your head or lay on it like a blanket.

A sarong is a great idea! I'm doing that this year-i desperately needed a little blanky-substitute pillow to lay on last year.

It's a hard ? for me to answer...I live in Phoenix so the weather is the same and I'm so acclimated to it. I always meander around here in the summer in cotton capri pants or miniskirts and tank tops.

Just don't wear flip flops or heels or boots or anything that wouldn't be considered "walking shoes".

SubBass49
02-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Been to every Coachella so far, and seen many a hippie girl in a sundress end up with boobies-a-swingin' during their favorite band's set. Just so ya know, they're not exactly the best clothing for dancing (unless ya don't mind flashin us guys...in which case...go right ahead)

-- J

amyzzz
02-04-2007, 07:31 PM

I keep debating on whether or not I should wear a sarong, maybe with long tight shorts underneath.

tiffdud41
02-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I couldn't imagine wearing skirts or dresses...but then again I'm not one of those girly girls...

jeans, tshirts, work boots (man, I sound waaayyy more butch than I ever thought I was), big brimmed hat (I've got a lily white complexion), cutesy sunglasses

smilingdownward
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I keep debating on whether or not I should wear a sarong, maybe with long tight shorts underneath.

i did that one year, didnt turn out to well, it was too hot and just a pain in the ass.

Encaitare
02-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I wore jeans and tank tops last year and nearly died of heat stroke, but I'm sure if I'd worn a skirt and a bikini top I would have had half my skin burned off and chaffed off my legs. Wearing boxers under skirts or a dress a comfy idea I think I'll use, and still wear close toed shoes so you don't get moshed on!

And remember that at some point, you will likely find yourself passed out haphazardly in the shade areas, not to tired and hot to think about who's staring, so make sure there's nothing hanging out to stare at. I saw quite a few boobs and yoo-whoos last year ...

SFChrissy
02-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Shorts, Mini skirts (with bikin bottoms), tank tops, light sweater...

Flip Flops 'n tennis shoes with good support...your feet will want that...

The grass gets hot and burns your feet when walking barfoot from stage to stage...I usually switch from my thongs to tennies through out the day...don't forget the treck back to the car...

Sunscreen SPF 50 for you fair skins...it's usually the first sun exposure a lot of you guys get before the summer

amyzzz
02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyzzz

i did that one year, didnt turn out to well, it was too hot and just a pain in the ass.
Then I'll just stick with jeans. I like the idea of a sarong though because I can wrap it around my arms if I get cold at night.

Sexecutioner
02-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Been to every Coachella so far, and seen many a hippie girl in a sundress end up with boobies-a-swingin' during their favorite band's set. Just so ya know, they're not exactly the best clothing for dancing (unless ya don't mind flashin us guys...in which case...go right ahead)

-- J

dude, why would you warn girls about making sure their boobies dont fly out? you dont like boobies? i like boobies.

unleash the twins!

SubBass49
02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
There's nothin fun about being a leering pervert. It's only cool to see boobies if the girl WANTS you to see them...then it rocks.

-- J

Courtney
02-09-2007, 04:50 PM
There's nothin fun about being a leering pervert. It's only cool to see boobies if the girl WANTS you to see them...then it rocks.

-- J

:lips

woogie846
02-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm a guy, and last year I wore jeans and a shirt on Saturday and was fine. But, I wore jeans on Sunday and felt that at any moment I would die. Pack extra clothes just in case.

mydearestjoanne
02-09-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm wearing what I wore to ACL in September:

see, i would think that a sarong would be a bad idea because you'd be constantly having to adjust it, and it could be ripped off easily in a large crowd.

Hannahrain
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
see, i would think that a sarong would be a bad idea because you'd be constantly having to adjust it, and it could be ripped off easily in a large crowd.

If you get diaper pins from a drugstore or something they will keep your sarong on.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/491474/2/istockphoto_491474_diaper_pin.jpg

snowgirl_69
02-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Think I will stick with summer dresses/skirts and maybe short/boxers underneath for that all important protection!!!! :)

Won't be doing the bikini top and mini option, aint got one of those size zero figures to show it off ....god im excited!!!!

Right...to the shops!!!!! :)

mydearestjoanne
02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
If you get diaper pins from a drugstore or something they will keep your sarong on.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/491474/2/istockphoto_491474_diaper_pin.jpg

that's hot.

SubBass49
02-10-2007, 08:33 AM
:lips

:)

hehehe...

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Last time I went (which was the first time last year), What I really needed but didn't have was a blanket to sit on. Anything you wear needs to be comfortable as well as sexy. Its gonna be hot as hell during the day and the tent which provides a good "hose down" is awesome! I loved it! I ended up sweating, then getting soaked, then getting a little chilled at night. Gotta have a good backpack system to haul all this shit around!

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Think I will stick with summer dresses/skirts and maybe short/boxers underneath for that all important protection!!!! :)

Won't be doing the bikini top and mini option, aint got one of those size zero figures to show it off ....god im excited!!!!

I was just shopping in West Hollywood yesterday and the shops that are selling out like crazy for Coachella wear is:

rocketiquette.com
V-nus Clothing
Tony "K" Melrose
Reloaded Los Angeles
Shoes for the Stars ( AWESOME store.....gotta drop some serious cash there though)
Addicted
B by Aperire
Speed Flasher
Timeless
Anik
Lollipop

I got my outfits for the 3 days for the 2nd weekend at Coachella at Image (great hot colors for wide leg pants and long skirts and cute tops). Image is on Melrose as well as in the Beverly Center. Got some cool rocker stuff at Congregation for Forgotten Saints (radical cropped cotton jacket with long sleeves, it can be crunched up in my backpack and it won't go bad), a SUPER awesome tasseled dresses with super long tassels from HOTTIE (this store has really original merchandise), World Plus for short, cropped woodstock style stuff and long skirts.

Oh....and boots by Jeffrey Campbell, they only have a very small heel and they are SUPA comfortable so I can walk in them all day and not kill my feet!

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:13 PM

I agree, I thought I could get away with wearing a bikini top and shorts...... I looked at the photos of me later and they were Soooooooooo bad, I couldn't post them on Facebook :( Thought I was skinny enough but I really wasn't.

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Not sure why ANYBODY would want to wear jeans. Jeans stick to you when it gets super hot. Jeans are really not a good option. Shorts or long linen pants for guys is better. Bring both and stuff it into your backpack.

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:15 PM

For guys, getting a sarong ripped off in large crowds is never a problem. LOL!

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:16 PM

-- J

I AGREE~

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:16 PM
dude, why would you warn girls about making sure their boobies dont fly out? you dont like boobies? i like boobies.

unleash the twins!

LOL! Spoken like a true male species.

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Try boots. Like the ones from Anthropologie. They have some boots, slouchy style with holes all over them so they are breathable and your feet are protected from all the shit that people throw on the ground.

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm seriously DOWN with the SPF sun block thing. I don't want a red nose and a red forehead and red shoulders and red backs of my legs...... all that I have done before and it feels miserable and looks stupid.

amyzzz
04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Shut up.

cheesehead004
04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
what the fuck... jeans in 100 degree weather in the middle of a desert at a 3 day long music festival?

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 03:05 PM
A sarong is a great idea! I'm doing that this year-i desperately needed a little blanky-substitute pillow to lay on last year.

It's a hard ? for me to answer...I live in Phoenix so the weather is the same and I'm so acclimated to it. I always meander around here in the summer in cotton capri pants or miniskirts and tank tops.

Just don't wear flip flops or heels or boots or anything that wouldn't be considered "walking shoes".

FLAT boots (no heel boots) are great, especially if the boots are ventilated. Also footie inserts are great too. Can't use inserts if you're walking around in flip flops and besides....it can get treacherous on the grassy floor with people crap everywhere.

KCsunny
04-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Shut up.

Shut up to WHO?

lesparkley
04-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm pretty girly but come Coachella, you'll always find me in shorts because I hate feeling self conscious about my skirt riding up when I'm in the middle of a crowd rocking out. I would say it really depends on how you choose to enjoy sets. This year I'm taking a romper (if you go this route, make SURE it's jersey or some other sort of stretchy material so you don't have to take it off every time you want to go to the bathroom), a pair of denim shorts, and a pair of high-waisted cotton shorts, a monokini, a tank top, a cardigan (it can get chilly at night), and a couple belts. Comfortable shoes are a MUST.

Nealocus
04-10-2012, 06:23 PM
If you have medium to large breasts please wear a turtle neck as I will be going with my girlfriend this year and do not wanna be caught lookin' at dem tittes.

maniroses
04-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Slags

stellarpoet22
04-11-2012, 02:43 AM
^^^^
aye!

damn look at them tigo bitties

missynunez
04-11-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm packing Toms and moccasins, light t-shirts and blouses, and leggings. Also carrying a cross body bag so my shoulders don't ache from carrying a purse all day. If u have long hair I recommend putting it up in a ponytail while its still wet to keep u cool-it seriously works.