PDA

View Full Version : Spliff politics

foto_synthesis
02-01-2007, 08:36 AM
This will be my first year at Coachella, but I was just thinking... How many times did you witness an instance of spliff politics during past years? (The brits may be more familiar with this question):dumbo

Meadowsmeister
02-01-2007, 01:55 PM
i prefer spliffs, they're tastier, burn faster, and just generally better.
Im with you!

SFChrissy
02-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I can roll a sweet spliff without the tobacco!!!

they're tastier

How can tobacco possibly be tastier than the Nor Cal Super Bomb!!! Tripp'n...

KYSER*HENDRIX
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Didn't witness spliff politics but did take part in spliff burning!

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
02-16-2007, 05:53 PM
What are 'spliff' politics? I just know of smoking spliffs when joints aren't permitted.

bazloveswhiskey
02-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Spliff politics are a dynamic which arises from the three fundamental rules of skinning up:

Thou shalt always offer thine spliff to thine neighbour.

Thou shalt make sure that all thine neighbours are offered it in turn and pass it on, or thou shall smite them with a poke in the ribs.

Thou shalt never, ever ask for a drag of a spliff that's not made of thine own naughty goodness.

The problem is simple: on the one hand, if you haven't got any shit of your own, you're forbidden to ask for drags of other people's shit.
On the other hand, if you manage to insinuate yourself into their group by striking up a conversation, they are obliged to include you in the spliff round.

So, spliff politics are the process of one person trying hard to mingle in a group which is trying hard to not let them (unless they're very stoned, in which case they won't care anyway).

If u see any Irish guys, just hand over all ur smoke to them and they'll show u how to roll a real spliff :cool:

faxman75
02-20-2007, 02:50 PM
I've been to Coachella 2 years. The first year I was passed a joint while watchin M83 mid afternoon, complete strangers. I was baked the rest of the day by myself. Wonderful.

Last year right before Tool I had an urge to get stoned and I walked around looking down until I saw someone with a joint and asked if they minded me joining them and they were more than welcoming. So i'm 2 for 2.

How do you guys sneak it in? Jock it?

DuctTapedGerbil
02-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Sneak em in between the butt cheeks. Who wants a hit?
No really... dude it's california. If you have glaucoma, back pain, or athlete's foot you can get a "prescription" . But you will not be hassled in the show, and even if you get caught smoking a j in the streets of palm springs, you will get a ticket and a $100 fine.

arie117
02-20-2007, 09:43 PM
even if you have asthma... oh smoke the sweet sensimilia.... the greatest shit to roll with is the clear papers...

asancho
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Sneak em in between the butt cheeks. Who wants a hit?

Bwahahaha! Makes you think....*puff*

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
02-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Spliff politics are a dynamic which arises from the three fundamental rules of skinning up . . .

Thanks for the insight.
My politics are just pass it to the left after you fill your insides with smoke.

bazloveswhiskey
02-21-2007, 05:58 AM
I was quoting the legend that is Howard Marks, aka Mr Nice :rolleyes

eric m
02-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Weren't spliff politics explained in Human Traffic? Great movie.

foto_synthesis
02-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Weren't spliff politics explained in Human Traffic? Great movie.

Congratulations! You get the award for picking up on this reference, which happens to be one of my favourite movies! :p :cat

Monko
02-23-2007, 12:15 AM
woohoo california smoke weed all day!

smokealotapotamus
02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Oregon smokes a whole lotta pot...

kaeso
02-28-2007, 10:30 PM
people everywhere smoke a whole lotta pot

smoke
02-28-2007, 10:38 PM
people at coachella smoke a whole lotta pot

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
03-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I honestly can't see anyone stopping me from sneaking shit in. Either way, I have a few of those cute little "secret" pockets and a belt.

kennycarly
03-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Props to Human traffic!

superskankinactionhero
03-17-2007, 05:39 AM
human traffic is a sweet film, i love the spliff politics bit. you guys reckon me and a couple mates would be able to score some either in the festival or before it? bringing it on a plane from england wouldn't be a great plan!

Georgefromoxford
03-30-2007, 05:26 AM
HA Human Traffic what a film!!! How can we get some skunk in coachella??

This will be my first year at Coachella, but I was just thinking... How many times did you witness an instance of spliff politics during past years? (The brits may be more familiar with this question):dumbo

SFChrissy
03-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Spliff politics are a dynamic which arises from the three fundamental rules of skinning up:

Thou shalt always offer thine spliff to thine neighbour.

Thou shalt make sure that all thine neighbours are offered it in turn and pass it on, or thou shall smite them with a poke in the ribs.

Thou shalt never, ever ask for a drag of a spliff that's not made of thine own naughty goodness.

The problem is simple: on the one hand, if you haven't got any shit of your own, you're forbidden to ask for drags of other people's shit.
On the other hand, if you manage to insinuate yourself into their group by striking up a conversation, they are obliged to include you in the spliff round.

So, spliff politics are the process of one person trying hard to mingle in a group which is trying hard to not let them (unless they're very stoned, in which case they won't care anyway).

If u see any Irish guys, just hand over all ur smoke to them and they'll show u how to roll a real spliff :cool:

I blaze continuously every year and it usually ends up that the people that are around me dont have weed and love the stench of what I'm burning and always get smoked out...most have been lucky enough to be gifted a bud for their next need to smoke.

I'm not stingy, I share but didn't come to blaze the whole venue...but if your next to me it will be passed your way...and it has never been reciprocated in all the years I've been!!!

Quentin
03-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm reading a lot about "spliffs" and "joints"...is there a difference between the two? Also, how do you roll one? I've only done it three times and it's come out decent. It just burns a little harsher. Is there a specific place I can get these papers you speak of? I've only been using bible paper >.<;

thelastgreatman
03-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm reading a lot about "spliffs" and "joints"...is there a difference between the two? Also, how do you roll one? I've only done it three times and it's come out decent. It just burns a little harsher. Is there a specific place I can get these papers you speak of? I've only been using bible paper >.<;

Blunts burn better anyway. I'll teach you how to twist a dutchie in tent city.

KungFuJoe
03-30-2007, 12:04 PM
hahaha. yes yes. love the "human Traffic" ref.

I've been intercepted at Coachella before.

Stray Wolf
03-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Watch as people are being processed in to see how thorough the search is. If you need to make a few adjustments just let some people in front of you in line and do as needed. Once in, I haven't a clue. I hope whatever "authorities" are present keep it cool. Either way, I don't do concerts without ganja.

SFChrissy
03-30-2007, 12:31 PM

spliffs have a mix of tobacco and weed while joints are straight bomb.

I prefer no tobacco and a rolled cone...pappers of choice are bambu 1" hemp papers...

SFChrissy
03-30-2007, 12:33 PM

Maybe grape flavored but the tobacco wraps give me a nasty headache...so do me a favor and

"Pass the dutchie to the left hand side"...lallaaaaalalaa

Quentin
03-30-2007, 09:53 PM

What is a dutchie?

Omar1
04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Take two and pass so we can all get blunted
Don't smoke ciggarettes so my growth ain't stunted
We got at least five head so I rolled a white owl
It's the break of dawn and we're awake like night owls
Phillies are cool but they burn much quicker...
... hey yo come on pass that shit *****
We lounge to the sounds as we leave from Uptown
It's time to go downtown and make some more rounds
This city never sleeps that what Sinatra sang
For that fat fat blunt you know I got this thing
so hand it over cause I wanna get charred
I'm in love with mary jane she keeps me large
So don't hog it let's get it moving real fast
Everybody just chill and take like two pulls and pass

Omar1
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
The club is crowded everyone's up in here