PDA

View Full Version : The Official Oasis thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:16 PM
I have decided to consolidate all talk about the greatest rock n' roll band in the world to one thread.

I'll start.

YOU BETTER GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAAAAAAAAAAAAAY....PANIC IS ON THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

wmgaretjax
04-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Li'l Wayne is better.

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I'M TIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED AND I'MMMMM SIIIIIIIIICK

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I have decided to consolidate all talk about the "greatest rock n' roll band in the world"

http://www.auburnlane.de/stuff/stfu_yoda.jpg

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.marciolima.com/blog/wp-content/images/liam-2fingersup.jpg

paulb
04-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Oasis, best rock and roll band? They have some good songs...but best? no way dude.

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:31 PM
This isn't a thread to argue about why Oasis are the greatest rock n' roll band in the world or not.

iAJyAOWOFwM

Sushov23
04-13-2008, 10:31 PM
hardly do it but:
FAIL

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Pq21tkAkt9k

thelastgreatman
04-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Fuck all you cunts. Oasis is one of the only legitimate rock n' roll bands of our time. They have a catalog that's impossible to argue with unless you're a soulless smoker of meat rope, and they were the only motherfuckers of the 90s to actually ACT LIKE FUCKING ROCK STARS.

Sushov23
04-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not saying Oasis sucks, I love them, but thread fails for now. Unless something relevant comes from it.

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-13-2008, 10:42 PM
and they were the only motherfuckers of the 90s to actually ACT LIKE FUCKING ROCK STARS.

And you're forgetting complete, self centered idiots.

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:43 PM
How can this thread fail? It is about Oasis. We are singing Oasis songs. Posting Oasis videos. Join the fun.

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
And you're forgetting complete, self centered idiots.

Right. They act like rock stars. And write brilliant songs. I know morality makes it hard to enjoy certain bands. Cause it makes a difference as to whether songs sound good or not.

wmgaretjax
04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Just got a hundred of that brown paper bag money
You niggas really wanna talk money?
Shit real that's all I could tell 'em
Just rap 'em up good so the dogs can't smell 'em c'mon

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Listen, Jared. You can start a Lil Wayne thread if you want. No one is stopping you.

thelastgreatman
04-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Jared, I'm going to have you surrounded by a half-dozen niggas with machetes. Shaddup.

I knew Oasis would be a legendary band when I first heard them and saw that they were recognizing that The Beatles should be any truly great band's primary influence. And they've done a better job replicating the brilliance of the Beatles (in a literal fashion) than any other band of our era. End of discussion.

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-13-2008, 10:49 PM
But, I'll have to admit it,
"Don't Look Back in Anger" is one of my all time favorite songs.

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:50 PM
ztNoHVZxwPU

thelastgreatman
04-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Don't Look Back is one of the best songs of the 90's easily. And there's a reason EVERYONE knows the words to Wonderwall. Champagne Supernova was on track to be a I Am The Walrus-caliber track but it got played out.

idrive1life
04-13-2008, 10:51 PM
This isn't a thread to argue about why Oasis are the greatest rock n' roll band in the world or not.

So STFU, Oasis haters!

wmgaretjax
04-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Listen, Jared. You can start a Lil Wayne thread if you want. No one is stopping you.

6hfc7Pcjl20

dubvulture
04-13-2008, 10:54 PM
so why the hell does canada get the tour?

wmgaretjax
04-13-2008, 10:54 PM
so why the hell does canada get the tour?

Slut! Where's the yay, or I'ma pop one in your grill!"
It's Lil Wayne, ***** - blast and bang triggas

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:55 PM
We will get the tour Dubvulture. Don't despair.

Any Jared, you are being silly. But it is okay. Bitches ain't shit.

thelastgreatman
04-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Jared--'Lil Wayne sucks, dude. Sorry.

paulb
04-13-2008, 10:57 PM
you wanna fight about it?

bballarl
04-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Like the Gallaghers?

wmgaretjax
04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Jared--'Lil Wayne sucks, dude. Sorry.

Dressed in all black and my gun the same color
Murder my enemy love thy brotha
And I ain't never gave a shit about a motherfucker
Hit him up and watch the guts come up out a younga stomach

I'm finished... but if this thread continues I'll be here tomorrow...

paulb
04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Noel>Liam

thelastgreatman
04-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Dressed in all black and my gun the same color
Murder my enemy love thy brotha
And I ain't never gave a shit about a motherfucker
Hit him up and watch the guts come up out a younga stomach

I'm finished... but if this thread continues I'll be here tomorrow...

Canibus had one album that spit better shit than anything Wayne has ever written like 8 years ago, and Canibus isn't even that great. Shaddup.

bballarl
04-13-2008, 11:06 PM
CAUSE WE NEEEEEEEEED EACHOOOOOTHHHHHHERRRRRRRRRRR

wmgaretjax
04-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Canibus had one album that spit better shit than anything Wayne has ever written like 8 years ago, and Canibus isn't even that great. Shaddup.

I never said Li'l Wayne was good... For the record...

bballarl
04-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey Jared, you can sing Oasis with us if you want.

idrive1life
04-13-2008, 11:09 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/oasis1.jpg

dnham
04-13-2008, 11:11 PM
You beat me to startnig this thread! I've been listening to Oasis and Prince non-stop once again 'cause I'm seeing them soooo soon! Well, Oasis is in August but STILL!!!

Now that you're mine
we'll find a way
of chasing the suuuuuuuuuuuun
let me be the one
who shines with youuuu
in the morning, when you don't know what to do
two of a kinddddd
we'll find a wayyyy
of doing what we've donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LET ME BE THE OOOOOOOOONE!
WHO SHINES WITH YOU!
AND WE CAN SLIDE AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
SLIDE AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
SLIDE AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

idrive1life
04-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Noel>Liam

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/Noel1.jpg

bballarl
04-13-2008, 11:21 PM
You beat me to startnig this thread! I've been listening to Oasis and Prince non-stop once again 'cause I'm seeing them soooo soon! Well, Oasis is in August but STILL!!!

Now that you're mine
we'll find a way
of chasing the suuuuuuuuuuuun
let me be the one
who shines with youuuu
in the morning, when you don't know what to do
two of a kinddddd
we'll find a wayyyy
of doing what we've donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LET ME BE THE OOOOOOOOONE!
WHO SHINES WITH YOU!
AND WE CAN SLIDE AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
SLIDE AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
SLIDE AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

DONT KNOW DONT CARE ALL I KNOW IS YOU CAN TAKE ME THERE

thelastgreatman
04-13-2008, 11:21 PM
All my people--right here.

RIGHT MOTHERFUCKING NOW.

bballarl
04-13-2008, 11:23 PM
DYOU KNOW WHAT I MEAAAAAAAAAAAN YEAH YEAAAAAAH YEAH YEAAAAAAAH

bballarl
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/Noel1.jpg

idrive1life, you have made three significant contributions to this thread. +4000000.

wmgaretjax
04-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Hey Jared, you can sing Oasis with us if you want.

You know, I was neutral on Oasis (maybe even leaning towards enjoying 'em from time to time) until I went to Europe.

One night from 2AM to 6AM at Roskilde the 300ft radius around my tent was flooded with the sound of 30 drunk British guys singing Wonderwall over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over...

bballarl
04-13-2008, 11:28 PM
You are still neutral at heart. That is an anthem. It wasn't their fault.

hypervera
04-13-2008, 11:32 PM
i'm feeling supersonic! :cool:

dnham
04-13-2008, 11:40 PM
there's no need for you to say you're sorry
goodbye i'm going home
i don't care no more so don't you worry
goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i'm goin'
home

braundiggity
04-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Man, I would love Oasis to get added to Friday. Or really, to see Oasis in general, but especially at Coachella. It'd just feel right.

ps, why do people have such a problem with rock stars acting like rock stars these days? And yes, I'm including Kanye in that discussion. People with the sales and critical acclaim to back up what they say, and who run their mouth off because they're performers and it's part of the show. Everyone loves that shit. But nobody wants to admit it, at least not on these boards.

hypervera
04-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Man, I would love Oasis to get added to Friday. Or really, to see Oasis in general, but especially at Coachella. It'd just feel right.

ps, why do people have such a problem with rock stars acting like rock stars these days? And yes, I'm including Kanye in that discussion. People with the sales and critical acclaim to back up what they say, and who run their mouth off because they're performers and it's part of the show. Everyone loves that shit. But nobody wants to admit it, at least not on these boards.

the world need rockstars!! not just indie regular low profile people like everybody loves here

thelastgreatman
04-14-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about Andrew now.

Stefinitely Maybe
04-14-2008, 12:52 AM
These are crazy days but they make me SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE, and time keeps rolling by.

Oasis were undoubtedly the best rock band of the 90s, and continue to be one of the best bands in the world. They changed my life when I was a teenager, and I have loved them ever since. Then last year me and my band tracked down Noel's house, and we gave him our demo, and asked him if we could support him on tour. He said "Let me listen to this and then come back". So we went back a week later and asked him again and he said "Sure, come support me in Moscow!" and we went to Moscow and supported him and he partied and drank with us till 4am. Now, if that is not the coolest motherfuckin story in the world, and PROOF that Oasis are the coolest motherfuckers on the planet, then I don't know what is.

You gotta say what you say don't let anybody get in your way, cause it's all too much for me to taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.

paulb
04-14-2008, 12:56 AM
thats a very cool motherfuckin story...ive read it before though. It was just his solo tour right? Did you have to pay your way to Moscow? What did you make.

Stefinitely Maybe
04-14-2008, 05:38 AM
It was his solo tour, yes. Gem Archer from Oasis also played, though. We were paid to support, and that just about covered our costs - for the flights and accomodation.

thelastgreatman
04-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Stef, what the hell is your band then? I realize I should have encountered that info probably a year ago, but refresh me. Do you suck?

Stefinitely Maybe
04-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Stef, what the hell is your band then? I realize I should have encountered that info probably a year ago, but refresh me. Do you suck?

I am no longer in the band. I left about 11 months ago, shortly after the gig with Noel.

The band's myspace is right here (http://www.myspace.com/sonicflyer).

dnham
04-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Holy shit Stef...that is amazing. I would die to have PLAYED alongside Noel, party with him, TALK to him, be 1 meter away from him....and the band too haha. Great story!

I love how you did SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEINNNNEE!, exactly how I would haev done it.

roberto73
04-14-2008, 07:38 AM
All around the world, you've gotta spread the word
Tell 'em what you heard
You're gonna make a better day
All around the world, you've gotta spread the word
Tell 'em what you heard
You know it's gonna be okay

Definitely Maybe was released my senior year in college. They immediately became one of those bands I knew I'd follow anywhere.

dnham
04-14-2008, 07:42 AM
I remember I was in junior high or elementary....I can't remember but all I know is I was super young...and I went on to pretty much memorise every song 'cause I sang along to them a ridiculous amount.

slip inside the eye of your miiiiiiiiIIiiiind
don't you know you might find...
a better place to plaaaaayyy
you say that you've never beeeeen
but all the things that you'vee seeeen
will slowly fade awaaaay

thestripe
04-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Paint no illusion, try to click with whatcha got
Taste every potion cos if yer like yerself a lot
Go let it out, go let it in, go let it out

Life is precocious in a most perculiar way
Sister psychosis don't got a lot to say
She go let it out, she go let it in, she go let it out
She go let it out, she go let it in, she go let it out

thelastgreatman
04-14-2008, 08:14 AM
We the people fight for our existence
We don´t claim to be perfect but we´re free
We dream our dreams alone with no resistance
Faded like the stars we wish to be

Y´know I didn´t mean... what I just said
But my God woke up on the wrong side of His bed
And it just don´t matter now

Little by little we gave you everything you ever dreamed of
As little by little the wheels of your life have slowly fallen off
Little by little you have to live it all in all your life
And all the time I just ask myself why are you really here?

True perfection has to be imperfect
I know that that sounds foolish but it´s true
The day has come and now you´ll have to accept
The life inside your head we gave to you

shakermaker113
04-14-2008, 08:23 AM
round our way the birds are singin...

miscorrections
04-14-2008, 08:27 AM
HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY LY-LA, the stars about to fall
SO WHAT DO YOU SAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, LY-LA

JustSteve
04-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight I'm a ROCK AND ROLLLLL STAR...

JSam67
04-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Some might say we will find a brighter day....

bballarl
04-14-2008, 08:57 AM
CAUSE IVE BEEN STANDING AT THE STAAAAATIOOOOOOON IN NEEEEEEED OF EDUCATION IN THE RAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN

ThomThom
04-14-2008, 08:59 AM
The first two albums are easily two of the best rock albums ever made. And because this thread is so nice and up beat I will say "No Comment" on anything after the first two masterpieces out of respect to Andrew.

JSam67
04-14-2008, 09:01 AM
ThomThom, where were you when we were getting high?

miscorrections
04-14-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't miiiiiiiind
As long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
I'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiine, if you give me a minute, a man's got a limit
I can't get a life if my heart's not in it
Hey Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

bballarl
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
The first two albums are easily two of the best rock albums ever made. And because this thread is so nice and up beat I will say "No Comment" on anything after the first two masterpieces out of respect to Andrew.

ThomThom, I appreciate you abstaining from comment on albums 3-6. However, it is important to listen to these albums again. Let's discuss why.

Be Here Now: Filled with great songs...if they were 3-4 minutes shorter. Even Noel acknowledged it is a coke-fueled mess. But it is a mess with great songs. Just too long.

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants: There are a few great songs on this album and some of the weakest of Oasis' career. But it did give us their lovely entrance tune.

Heathen Chemistry: Underrated. Really solid album, with a few great songs. A couple of guys at work were talking about how if this and SOTSOG were to be combined, it would result in a truly great record. I agree. But it works well on its own.

Don't Believe the Truth: Their best overall album and set of songs since Morning Glory. Cohesive, not too long, great tunes.

thelastgreatman
04-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Heathen Chemistry is really underrated. But I tried Don't Believe a couple times and it never pulled me in--they still have some apologizing to do for that one.

roberto73
04-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Agreed on Heathen Chemistry. I think it's just a step behind Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory.

I was at a pub in Dublin a few years ago and "Don't Look Back in Anger" popped up on the jukebox. Even my bitter, cynical heart was moved by a room full of drunken Irishmen bellowing:

"So Sally can wait, she knows its too late as we're walking on by
Her soul slides away, but don't look back in anger I hear you say"

Undoubtedly one of my favorite memories of that trip.

bballarl
04-14-2008, 01:34 PM
See, Jared? They can't help it. Oasis is in their blood. Those tunes are anthems.

shakermaker113
04-14-2008, 05:44 PM
faster than a cannonball...

bballarl
04-14-2008, 05:44 PM
SHAKE ALOONGGGGG WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

bballarl
04-14-2008, 05:47 PM
This is probably my second favorite Oasis song.

3hcapUYHjZk

bballarl
04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
This version rules pretty hard. I had never seen this before:

l61WF7KFhBo

bballarl
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Untrue statement. They aren't even my favorite band ever.

bballarl
04-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Such is life. Here, have an Oasis video for your troubles.

a0sry6TyEUU

bender
04-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I definitely think that What's the Story (Morning Glory) is one of the best albums of the nineties. Right behind OK Computer and Automatic for the People

JustSteve
04-14-2008, 09:17 PM
we are thinking of naming our son liam, but it has nothing to do with oasis. have a couple very important people in my life with the name william, but since it's my middle name i wanted to do something a little different and liam works well. plus it's just a rad name.

bballarl
04-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I approve.

ThomThom
04-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Liam is a cool name, so is Aiden.

dnham
04-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I really like Aiden.

sheeeeeeeeeeee's electric
she's got a family full of eccentricssss

shakermaker113
04-15-2008, 08:05 AM
I met my maker, I made him cry...

shakermaker113
04-15-2008, 08:48 AM
This version rules pretty hard. I had never seen this before:

l61WF7KFhBo

'this version'? isn't it the same as on record?

Whatever rules though. and this is old school -- when they would sometimes have a string section, and actually use acoustic guitars on the acoustic songs. at a time when each successive oasis single was better than the last, and we thought the band would never stop outdoing themselves. those were the days. lol. the original lineup as well.

bballarl
04-15-2008, 09:15 AM
'this version'? isn't it the same as on record?

Whatever rules though. and this is old school -- when they would sometimes have a string section, and actually use acoustic guitars on the acoustic songs. at a time when each successive oasis single was better than the last, and we thought the band would never stop outdoing themselves. those were the days. lol. the original lineup as well.

I had never heard this live version before. Just the Unplugged version. Or when Noel would perform it solo acoustic. Yeah, this is just like the single.

Stefinitely Maybe
04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey! stay young and invincible
Cos we know just what we are
And come what may we're unstoppable
Cos we know just what we are...

wmgaretjax
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Uh5b0Yw_-kQ

Mr.Nipples
04-15-2008, 01:08 PM
British music festival is criticized for inviting Jay-Z
2 hours, 35 minutes ago
LONDON - Organizers of one of Britain's best-known music festivals on Tuesday defended their decision to book Jay-Z as their headline act after Oasis songwriter Noel Gallagher blamed the U.S. rapper for disappointing ticket sales.

The outdoor Glastonbury festival is a cornerstone of Britain's music calendar. But this year's festival has yet to sell out, in contrast to past years when tickets were snapped up within hours.

Gallagher, whose band headlined the festival in 1995 and 2004, said rap was to blame.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it," Gallagher said in an interview, an audio of which was posted to the British Broadcasting Corp.'s Web site Monday. "If you break it, people ain't gonna go. I'm sorry, but Jay-Z? ... No chance." He explained that the inclusion of a hip-hop act went against the festival's tradition of guitar music, adding: "I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. No way. No. It's wrong."

Glastonbury Festival co-organizer Emily Eavis said the 38-year-old festival had a long history of attracting rap acts, including Cypress Hill and The Roots. She said the media stir over Gallagher's comments revealed an "innate conservatism" in some sectors of British society.

"There is also an interesting undercurrent in the suggestion that a black, U.S. hip-hop artist shouldn't be playing in front of what many perceive to be a white, middle-class audience. I'm not sure what to call it, at least not in public, but this is something that causes me some disquiet," she said in an article published Tuesday in The Independent newspaper.

Eavis said she thought Jay-Z was "absolutely the right act" for the festival.

hypervera
04-15-2008, 01:44 PM
noel is always right!

ThomThom
04-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Noel Gallagher is an irrelevant twat, who the fuck is he to say that Jay-Z can't or shouldn't headline a music festival?

bballarl
04-15-2008, 01:50 PM
He is Noel Gallagher.

hypervera
04-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Noel Gallagher is an irrelevant twat, who the fuck is he to say that Jay-Z can't or shouldn't headline a music festival?

well glastonbury isnt sold out yet mmm thats weird

ThomThom
04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
DELETED

ThomThom
04-15-2008, 01:56 PM
well glastonbury isnt sold out yet mmm thats weird

DELETED.

ThomThom
04-15-2008, 01:57 PM
My apologies guys, don't mind me, I will keep this negative nancy stuff to myself, carry on with the Oasis talk. I promised Andrew, out of respect.

hypervera
04-15-2008, 01:59 PM
My apologies guys, don't mind me, I will keep this negative nancy stuff to myself, carry on with the Oasis talk. I promised Andrew, out of respect.

ok man, the only thing i know about jay z is that he got 99 problems but a bitch aint one

i like that song but i love noel :p

bballarl
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
To be honest, I think Noel is partially right. If Springsteen or one of the usual, more obvious artists was headlining, it would be sold out. This is not to say Jay-Z sucks or something, because he doesn't, but it is a big change for Glasto.

AdrianFL
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
OASIS should play on Friday....why not?

hypervera
04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
oasis should play at san diego, 3hrs set!

shakermaker113
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
given that oasis' last glastonbury headlining set was widely reviewed to be one of the worst they've ever done, Noel should probably keep his mouth shut.

fatbastard
04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Sounds like someone is trying to bump up ticket sales.

bballarl
04-15-2008, 08:47 PM
given that oasis' last glastonbury headlining set was widely reviewed to be one of the worst they've ever done, Noel should probably keep his mouth shut.

Yeah, that set was really not good. But like most of his statements, however inflammatory, he does have a point. Although I think Jay-Z deserves to headline and is a cool choice.

bballarl
04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
This is my favorite Oasis DVD, and the most animated I've never seen Liam on stage.

FxV10MA4eCY

wmgaretjax
04-16-2008, 05:31 PM
This is my favorite Oasis DVD, and the most animated I've never seen Liam on stage.

Is Liam the one singing through his nose?

MarkO
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM

There you go. I was thinking of how I could summarize my thoughts and you nailed it.

dnham
04-16-2008, 11:44 PM
He is Noel Gallagher.

Exactly.

tubescape
04-18-2008, 08:14 AM
looks like Liam is going to be a Nickelodeon star, as he is set to be a guest on the pop-kids show Yo Gabba Gabba! I can see it now... "hey kids, repeat after me F*ck. Again, F*ck! Put some sway into it, again, FFFFFF***CCCCKK!!!

http://www.oasis-news.com/liam-gallagher-joins-kids-show.php

shakermaker113
04-18-2008, 08:41 AM
looks like Liam is going to be a Nickelodeon star, as he is set to be a guest on the pop-kids show Yo Gabba Gabba! I can see it now... "hey kids, repeat after me F*ck. Again, F*ck! Put some sway into it, again, FFFFFF***CCCCKK!!!

damn, oasis-news is still around? I thought that site failed after it's over-hyped relaunch in... what was it... damn I don't even remember. it must have been back in 2000 or 2001.

amyzzz
04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
WONDERWALL SINGALONG ON THE POLO FIELDS!!!

bballarl
04-18-2008, 02:02 PM

Maybe Liam will do the Puppetmaster.

shakermaker113
04-18-2008, 08:26 PM
the dreams we have as children fade away...

JustSteve
04-18-2008, 08:31 PM

nice, looks like i will have to give my friend christian(the creator of the show) a call and cruise up the day they shoot!

so cool this show has done so well and made it to a second season...the amount of time and money they have put in was def. worth it.

kid robot does the toys for the show, got the set for my daughter and opened 'em right up...kinda hard to trash kid robot toys after paying $25/piece, but sometimes you just gotta say what the fuck.

Sushov23
04-19-2008, 02:02 AM
FUCK YOU OASIS FOR SAYING THAT SHIT ABOUT JAY-Z. FUCK YOU, I WILL NEVER SUPPORT YOUR WANNABE BEATLES MUSIC EVER AGAIN. YOU BITCHES AIN'T SHIT.

bballarl
04-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Sushov, here is a tissue. Use it to wipe away your tears of indignant rage.

prettydirtything
05-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I actually liked "wanna live a dream..." best, and was not really into the other two.

Liams voice might be totally shot. He sounded mpre or less terrible on "nothin on me".

"Stop the clocks" needs to be turned into a up tempo number, ala the heavy versions of "married with children" they played at some point back in the day.

Any word on he new album date?

"Three songs reportedly for Oasis' next album have leaked online.

Links to downloads of the tracks, ' I Wanna Live A Dream (In My Record Machine)', 'Nothin' On Me' and 'Stop the Clocks' started appearing on messageboards and fansites throughout the day (May 6)."

http://nme.com/news/oasis/36429

bballarl
05-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Those three are demos from a few years back. I don't think they are indicative of the new album. They were all just okay.

bballarl
05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I really like a lot of the demos from the Death in Vegas sessions. "Columbia" especially. And the Liam-sung version of "Lord Don't Slow Me Down."

Skookumchuk
05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
As we beg and steal and borrow
Life is hit and miss and this
I Hope, I Think, I Know
If I ever hear the names, you call
And if I stumble catch me when I fall, Cos baby after all
YOU'LL NEVER FORGET MY NAME

So badass

shakermaker113
05-07-2008, 07:59 AM
I really like a lot of the demos from the Death in Vegas sessions. "Columbia" especially. And the Liam-sung version of "Lord Don't Slow Me Down."

what? I didn't realize the death in vegas session material ever leaked? I was bummed when that didn't work out. I thought div could finally push Oasis in a new direction. apparently Oasis didn't like that.

I think I have still not heard Lord Don't Slow Me Down. man I am out of the loop.

prettydirtything
05-07-2008, 05:26 PM
what? I didn't realize the death in vegas session material ever leaked? I was bummed when that didn't work out. I thought div could finally push Oasis in a new direction. apparently Oasis didn't like that.

I think I have still not heard Lord Don't Slow Me Down. man I am out of the loop.

yeah, I hadnt realized these three "new" leaks were old news. I knew stop the clocks has been around for two years at least...

I am going to go try and find the "death in vegas" sessions... Couldnt be worse than "standing on the...." ;-)

Anybody planning on going to the first seattle show this fall? I caught the final us gig in texas gig back in mar 2006, and will probably use the Oasis gig as an excuse to visit the pac northwest for the first time in september...

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 08:35 PM
FUCK YOU OASIS FOR SAYING THAT SHIT ABOUT JAY-Z. FUCK YOU, I WILL NEVER SUPPORT YOUR WANNABE BEATLES MUSIC EVER AGAIN. YOU BITCHES AIN'T SHIT.

JAY Z is apparently the one who ain't shit

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 08:38 PM
"Stop the clocks" needs to be turned into a up tempo number, ala the heavy versions of "married with children" they played at some point back in the day.

First US Tour (the club tour) they played that pretty much every night.

First leg of Second US tour it was on the setlist for the last few shows.

jazzz
05-07-2008, 09:23 PM
any love here for WORLD PARTY? Karl Wallinger is genius

twoheadedboy
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
STAND BY MEEEEEEE

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Nobody knows...

twoheadedboy
05-07-2008, 09:59 PM
THE WAY ITS GONNA BEEEEEEE

bballarl
05-07-2008, 10:05 PM
That was great, guys. Keep it up. More of that.

jazzz
05-07-2008, 10:05 PM
ok fucker's.....

THE UNIVERSAL!!!!

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 10:06 PM
luv ya cait

jazzz
05-07-2008, 10:07 PM
COLIN ZEAL!!!! lol

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 10:08 PM
ok its no secret i was at one time employeed by Noel G a few years back, ok quite a while ago. So my defense of the band goes without saying much. I find what they do, completely entertaining on many levels.

I do love the universal though.

bballarl
05-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't understand what Jazzz is doing, but it is stupid. Someone sing Oasis again, or post a video, or talk about how awesome they are.

jazzz
05-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I know you got good music taste so I know you like Blur a wee bit better!

bballarl
05-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I caaaaaaaaaan't telllllll you the waaaaaaaaaaay Iiiiiiiiiiiii feeeeeeeeeeel because the waaaaaaaay Iiiiiiiiiiii feeeeeeeeeel is ooooooooh soooooo new to meeeeeeeee

jazzz
05-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't understand what Jazzz is doing, but it is stupid. Someone sing Oasis again, or post a video, or talk about how awesome they are.

I Love Oasis... I was watching Dub ya going at it. Sorry if I messed with your parade.

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 10:17 PM

can't say that.

I will say this.

I like Blur's breath of work a bit more, but I like Oasis' shows, their humor, and attitude much better than Damon, Roundy and Alex. Now Graham, very lovely person, there's a reason he's no longer in the band ya know.

But, I'll quickly rank some album output for you.

1. Definitely Maybe
2. Parklife
3. Whats the Story
4. 13
5. Blur
6. Don't Believe the Truth
7. The Great Escape
8. Heathen Chemistry
9. Modern Life is Rubbish
10. Be Here Now

bballarl
05-07-2008, 10:17 PM
No parade rainage. We just need to get back on track. With singing, etc.

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Nah I''l leave the singin to Liam. Until I sing with him in Toronto.

It is goin to be good - Oasis, Weller, Stereophonics, Pigeon Detectives, - back to back to back to back.

Just noticed Virgin Vancouver got cancelled.

jazzz
05-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Nah I''l leave the singin to Liam. Until I sing with him in Toronto.

It is goin to be good - Oasis, Weller, Stereophonics, Pigeon Detectives, - back to back to back to back.

Just noticed Virgin Vancouver got cancelled.

nice. I was listening to Style Council and Paul a few hrs ago

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 10:33 PM
He is my Roger Waters.

I have never seen him (he rarely comes over here) so V Fest will be a modsend.

jazzz
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I did see him once around 91' but I did just see Rick and Bruce. Not bad for what it was.

JSam67
05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Noooo body can see him...
Noooo body can ever hear him calllllll....

shakermaker113
05-08-2008, 08:34 AM

the electric version of that song kicks ass.

can you send me stop the clocks? I've still not heard it.

ok its no secret i was at one time employeed by Noel G a few years back, ok quite a while ago...

really?! what were you doing?

disgustipated
05-08-2008, 08:50 AM

they both made cheese then. They both continue to make cheese now (http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/oasis-of-blur-cheese/2008/01/31/1201714103535.html).

MarkO
05-08-2008, 09:03 AM
JAY Z is apparently the one who ain't shit

Did Glasto ever sell out ?

C DUB YA
05-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Did Glasto ever sell out ?

not yet

C DUB YA
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
really?! what were you doing?

I was in their tour promotion group for the 1996 US tour. Which translated into me being a glorified gopher boy because i was from the Midwest and knew my way around a American city/mall, and could fetch Noel copies of The White album, decent take out, and even things like underwear when he needed such items.

9 cities, 13 days - time of my life

BlackSwan
05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
most of the things written on the first page on this thread are absolute bullshit... Oasis are a joke.

bballarl
05-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Thank you for sharing your opinion BlackSwan.

iry81ZBfQt4

shakermaker113
05-08-2008, 10:36 AM
they both made cheese then. They both continue to make cheese now (http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/oasis-of-blur-cheese/2008/01/31/1201714103535.html).

that's just strange.

BlackSwan
05-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Thank you for sharing your opinion BlackSwan.

iry81ZBfQt4

Your welcome, just wanted to mentioned that I actually watched that whole video because I assumed it was supposed to contain something that could change my mind, but someone looking bored, holding their hands behind their back, playing with a tambourine, chewing gum and fixing their hair doesn't really do it for me. This does though...

ZW1TtXpWJYc

Although the whole "most of the things written on the first page on this thread are absolute bullshit" isn't really an opinion since i was referring mainly to "the greatest rock n' roll band in the world" and "Oasis is one of the only legitimate rock n' roll bands of our time"... "They were the only motherfuckers of the 90s to actually ACT LIKE FUCKING ROCK STARS."... yea, your right, they're great at ACTING. You know who else acted like a rockstar in the 90's? SCOTT FUCKING WEILAND does that make Stone Temple Pilots "one of the only legitimate rock n' roll bands of our time" too?

C DUB YA
05-08-2008, 12:14 PM
except scott never could act.

MarkO
05-08-2008, 12:44 PM
not yet

hmmm, interesting.

bballarl
06-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Bump. Stef = Fail.

Young blood
06-24-2008, 01:16 PM
This is a positive place. No negativity.

bballarl
06-24-2008, 01:25 PM
This failure was positive because Stefan can learn from his mistakes.

prettydirtything
06-25-2008, 10:43 PM
soo.... whens the full US tour?

For '08, we heard no coachella because "they (oasis) are waiting to saturate the market", which now appears to be a prescient jab at V-fest rather than throwaway keystokes.

coachella '09 looks unlikely;

Sushov23
06-25-2008, 10:48 PM
FAIL.

bballarl
06-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I am debating whether I want to pay to fly to Toronto to see Oasis. On one hand, I love Oasis and have heard great things about Toronto. On the other hand, it costs money to do this.

Stefinitely Maybe
06-26-2008, 01:50 AM
PUT YER MONEY WHERE YER MOUTH IS
AND YER HANDS RIGHT UP ON THE WHEEL!

shakermaker113
06-26-2008, 08:20 AM
PUT YER MONEY WHERE YER MOUTH IS
AND YER HANDS RIGHT UP ON THE WHEEL!

oh god no. bury that fucking song.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't care to see Oasis again after seeing their headlining spot back in 2002...but I would probably venture out to red rocks if they did a show there...

psychic friend
06-26-2008, 01:49 PM
i heart oasis

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-26-2008, 01:50 PM
i heart oasis

for some reason I find that odd....

Stefinitely Maybe
07-17-2008, 07:17 AM
RqgWBEdTmdY

Gonna start a levolution flom my bed
Cause you said the blains I had went to my head
Step outside cause summetime's in broom
Stand up beside the fireprace
Take zat loo flom off you flace
Cause you aint eve gonna buh my heart ouuuu

So sarry can wai
She knows its too rai
As she's walking on by...

bballarl
07-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Through mmmmyyyyyyyy biiiiiiiiiiiiiig mooooooooouuuuuuuuuth
And myyyyyyyy biiiiiiiiig naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Sushov23
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
fuck Oasis. Thank you, good bye.

bballarl
07-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Put on myyyyyyyyyyy shoooooooooes and I'mmmmmmmmmm walkinnnnnnn slowllllllllllllllly down the haaaaaaaaalllllllll of faaaaaaaaaaaaame

bballarl
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Tour kicks off tonight in Seattle.

C DUB YA
08-26-2008, 01:39 PM
i heart oasis

i love you

C DUB YA
08-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I am debating whether I want to pay to fly to Toronto to see Oasis. On one hand, I love Oasis and have heard great things about Toronto. On the other hand, it costs money to do this.

WELLER is there - done deal.

bballarl
08-26-2008, 02:01 PM
I can't do it. I would love to, but I can't. I will settle for hearing the new album on Thursday.

prettydirtything
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
in lieu of any US tour dates being announced... V-fest Toronto looks promising. They still aren't requiring passports for heading into Canada, and its probably an easy over night stay from where I am.... The Foo Fighters irritate me, so Saturday is an easy miss.

Does Paul Weller still play some Jam tracks??

shakermaker113
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
is anyone from the board going tonight? what about the canadian shows?

I can't do it. I would love to, but I can't. I will settle for hearing the new album on Thursday.

wtf? what's happening thursday?

thestripe
08-26-2008, 07:14 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3vcHMa0n4s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3vcHMa0n4s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hold uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hold ooooooooooooooooooooon
Don't be scaaaaaaaaaaaaaared
You'll never change what's been and gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

May your smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile (may your smiiiiiiiiiiiiile)
Shine oooooooooooooon (shine oooooooooooon)
Don't be scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaared (don't be scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaared)
Your destiny may keep you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm

bballarl
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
is anyone from the board going tonight? what about the canadian shows?

wtf? what's happening thursday?

I intern for the record label that is releasing their album. I don't get a copy until the rest of the world, but I should be able to hear it.

bballarl
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Here is an article about the album playback Oasis did for some of their fans:

New Oasis album track-by-track

100 Oasis fans were treated to the first public playback of the new album, Dig Out Your Soul and a set by their returning heroes last night at a TV studio in London.

The atmosphere was strangely informal - so much so that Liam's kids were running around the venue before the band took to the stage.

After the album was played to the expectant crowd, Oasis wandered on without fanfare and launched into a string of hits including Rock 'N' Roll Star, Morning Glory and a new, countrified version of Don't Look Back In Anger, with Gem playing a revised lead guitar solo that brought the house down.

The band didn't seem overly thrilled at the muted crowd reaction to some of the new songs, with Noel even asking whether they were "all on absinthe" at one point, but Liam was on fine, feral form all night. And his voice - often a cause of criticism on recent tours - seems to be back to its original potency.

Regardless of Noel's fears, his kid brother seemed to be in a good mood, and even wandering through the audience during the encore - a muscular, purposeful reading of Champagne Supernova.

The few new songs we heard sounded better live than on record, and the band seemed feisty, confident and ready to embark on the first leg of what will no doubt turn out to be a mammoth world tour.

Oasis set list, Hammersmith, 14 August:

Rock 'N' Roll Star
Lyla
Cigarettes and Alcohol
The Meaning Of Soul
The Shock of the Lightning
Morning Glory
The Turning
The Masterplan
The Importance Of Being Idle
Songbird
I'm Outta Time
My Big Mouth
Waiting For The Rapture
Supersonic
To Be Where There's Life
Turn Up The Sun
Wonderwall
---
Falling Down
Don't Look Back In Anger
Champagne Supernova
I Am The Walrus

Dig Out Your Soul track-by-track

Bag It Up
A mid-tempo opener, the song builds into a relentless piano groove with Stone Roses-esque guitars at its core.

The Turning
And we're off. After the slightly underwhelming opener, The Turning is classic Oasis, and the first aural evidence of the 'Abbey Road' effect. Immediately recalling My Big Mouth from Be Here Now, but with two important differences: it's roughly 100 times better, and doesn't outstay its welcome by five minutes.

Waiting For The Rapture
The first genuine stand-out moment of the new album. A Noel-penned tune with almost Stooges-heavy guitars, choral backing and a relentless bassline. Already absolutely colossal live, and set to become a mainstay of the band's set for years to come.

The Shock Of The Lightning
The first single seems to outline the mission statement of the whole album. Faster than expected, with Primal Scream-style production and propulsive, huge-sounding bass and drums, it's sure to be a hit.

I'm Outta Time
Planned as a second single, this ballad was written by Liam Gallagher. On first listen, we weren't overly impressed with this one, which seemed to go nowhere fast for five minutes and slowed the momentum built up by the preceding tunes.

(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady
If ever a song on this album was destined to be labelled an oddity, it's this one. Similar in tone to The Importance Of Being Idle, this Noel-sung tale is another clear indication of the effort that's been invested to update Oasis' sound. The mix fizzes with inventive Sixties-referencing sound effects, but for all its effort, it still sounds like The Coral in a wind-tunnel.

Falling Down
The Chemical Brothers gave this a ridiculously heavy remix for the b-side of The Shock Of The Lightning, but the band's original version is good enough to be a single in its own right. Sung by Noel, the lyrics see Noel worrying about "living in a dying dream", and once again, boasts self-confident, late-'60s-referencing production. Better than anything on the last album.

To Be Where There's Life
Ah yes 'the groove'. Much was made of the band's attempt to adopt a looser sound based around loops and gradually evolving bass lines, and Gem's contribution is a strung-out mantra which ticks all of these boxes. A great, simple guitar solo lifts the song into a coda that's heavier than The Stooges in work boots.

Ain't Got Nothin'
This fearsome three-minute stomp was penned by a belligerent Liam (is there any other kind) after an arrest in 2004, following a brawl in a Berlin bar. Imagine The Meaning Of Soul from Don't Believe The Truth, but with a proper tune and even more in-your-face sneering. Excellent then, really.

The Nature Of Reality
An Andy Bell-penned track that immediately recalls A Bell Will Ring from Don't Believe The Truth on first listen.

Soldier On
Another Liam contribution, Soldier On recalls Better Man and the Beatles I Want You (She's So Heavy) and clearly demonstrates that the button marked 'mantra' took a bit of a pounding during the recording sessions. Aims for epic, swaggering grandeur in the classic Champagne Supernova mould, but misses by some considerable distance.

Overall, and on first listen, Oasis have made a sonically diverse, brave album that can only be the work of men confident in what they're doing. Several tracks here, notably The Turning, Waiting For The Rapture, Falling Down and Ain't Got Nothin' will be part of the live set for years to come, and will sound massive. Noel's clearly 'avin that.

bballarl
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Please note that they are playing "My Big Mouth" in concert again.

shakermaker113
08-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Please note that they are playing "My Big Mouth" in concert again.

noted! fuck yes!

shakermaker113
08-26-2008, 09:07 PM
oh, but no Live Forever... ouch.

bballarl
08-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I can't imagine them skipping "Live Forever" at a real show.

C DUB YA
08-27-2008, 07:34 AM
in lieu of any US tour dates being announced... V-fest Toronto looks promising. They still aren't requiring passports for heading into Canada, and its probably an easy over night stay from where I am.... The Foo Fighters irritate me, so Saturday is an easy miss.

Does Paul Weller still play some Jam tracks??

Yes.

Last time I saw him he did

Start, That's Entertainment, Town Called Malice.

C DUB YA
08-27-2008, 07:38 AM
I gotta say I've watched the videos of the opening night show in Seattle, and that crowd was the fucking lamest ever, Jesus Christ, were they all seriously just standing there? WTF is wrong with them?!?

Setlist:

'Rock 'N' Roll Star'
'Lyla'
'The Shock Of The Lightning'
'Cigarettes And Alcohol'
'The Meaning Of Soul'
'To Be Where There's Life'
'The Masterplan'
'Songbird'
'Slide Away'
'Morning Glory'
'Ain't Got Nothin''
'The Importance of Being Idle'
'Wonderwall'
'Supersonic'
'Don't Look Back In Anger'
'Falling Down'
'Champagne Supernova'
'I Am The Walrus'

C_cJo5_qq-U

shakermaker113
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
I think it's interesting that the new songs are pushed later in the set. and how are they doing the masterplan live? is it electric? they haven't pulled out acoustic guitars on stage in over a decade, have they?

C DUB YA
08-27-2008, 07:48 AM
how are they doing the masterplan live? is it electric? they haven't pulled out acoustic guitars on stage in over a decade, have they?

It prolly is electric - however, they (well Noel) have done many 2-3 song acoustic sets right before the encores on most of the tours. (Standing, Be Here Now, Morning Glory tours for certain) Most of the time in recent years - it has been done to give Liam's voice a break.

Older example - see here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18097936@N00/2575531598/in/set-72157605587414204/

C DUB YA
08-27-2008, 07:52 AM
I think it's interesting that the new songs are pushed later in the set.

Another thing is I like the number of new songs (take note Mr. Yorke) Once a band gets to 5,6,7 albums, when you play every song on a new one - it really depletes your back catalog during a show.

Oasis play 4 new ones on a 17-20 song setlist, I like that ratio, it's about the same for U2. U2 plays about 6-7 new songs per 25-28 song setlist.

shakermaker113
08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
It prolly is electric - however, they (well Noel) have done many 2-3 song acoustic sets right before the encores on most of the tours. (Heathen, Standing, Morning Glory tours for certain) Most of the time in recent years - it has been done to give Liam's voice a break.

oh I know. I recall the morning glory tours, and the be here now us tour, noel did an acoustic set every show. when I first saw them noel did a set with talk tonight, whatever, and help. it was awesome.

but when they toured for standing on the shoulders of giants he didn't do acoustic sets, and they wouldn't even get the acoustic guitars out for acoustic songs like wonderwall. I didn't see anything on the heathen chemistry tour, but don't recall any reports of acoustic guitars. don't believe the truth was the same -- no sight of acoustic guitars anywhere.

it looks like he pulled one out for don't look back in anger last night though, in some kind of semi-acoustic version.

VFy_OKGBZOA

I'm kinda curious to see what an electric version of the Masterplan would sound like. but I think I'd be happier with acoustic. I'm also curious to know if they dropped the strings, or just played them from a recording.

C DUB YA
08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
We got a semi acoustic version of Don't Look back in Cincy for Don't believe the Truth.

SFChrissy
08-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Sorry to but in but I like what I've heard of Oasis on the rare occassion I listen to the radio but don't have any of there Cd's...

Can anyone suggest where I should begin my oasis collection...

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

SFChrissy
08-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Uhhh...I think I just found the answer to my own question...Only 1 full length album and the others are ep's & singles??? What the hell have I been missing 5-7 minute songs...

k...just got stop the clocks and I'm gonna be tuned out listening for a while...

thanks for the thread...

JustSteve
08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
one of my fav's is the live album "familiar to millions".

bballarl
08-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Chrissy, start by buying the first two albums. They are stone-cold classics.

bballarl
08-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Also, word on the street is they soundchecked "My Big Mouth".

bballarl
08-27-2008, 09:59 AM
And weird, no "Live Forever." Looks like I was wrong.

SFChrissy
08-27-2008, 10:00 AM
thanks guys...itunes doesn't have much of a selection so amoeba here I come...probably over the weekend...

bballarl
08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
You should be able to find everything used. That's how I bought everything but DBTT and Stop the Clocks. Although you could find those used as well now.

C DUB YA
08-27-2008, 11:16 AM
yep - first 2 for sure.

shakermaker113
08-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Sorry to but in but I like what I've heard of Oasis on the rare occassion I listen to the radio but don't have any of there Cd's...

Can anyone suggest where I should begin my oasis collection...

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

don't start with Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants, or Be Here Now. they're probably the last ones to add to the collection. it looks like you already stumbled across Stop The Clocks though, that's probably the best way in.

also, the Masterplan, good as it is, is a b-side cd. other albums might be a better place to start.

JustSteve, Familiar to Millions is cool, but I'm not sure how good an introduction it would be to the band.

bballarl
08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
You have to start with the first two records to understand why Oasis are great.

After that, I would do the Masterplan, as a continuation of their greatness.

From there, I think chronological order is safe. You can understand the missteps and subsequent projection that way.

thestripe
08-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Noel is a role model (http://www.spin.com/articles/metallicas-lars-ulrich-quit-cocaine-oasis-help)

JustSteve
08-28-2008, 10:08 AM
"All your dreams are made
When you're chained to your mirror with your razor blade
Today's the day that all the world will see
Another sunny afternoon
I'm walking to the sound of your favorite tune
Tomorrow never knows what it doesn't know too soon"

oh, the drips, oh so good. that was my wake-up song after a night of partaking in a little booger sugar in my younger/wilder days...

paulb
08-28-2008, 11:29 AM
after seeing that setlist, I wish i was at the show at GM Place last night... but wasnt, so ill have to see them another time along the way.

bballarl
08-28-2008, 07:27 PM
New Oasis album is quite good. Logical progression from last one.

superfiction
08-28-2008, 08:33 PM

did it leak?

bballarl
08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
No, heard it through work.

thestripe
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
No, heard it through work.

Andrew, well?

bballarl
08-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I'll let you guys judge it for yourself when it comes out. I liked it quite a bit.

miscorrections
08-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Sigh. Unsatisfactory review.

thestripe
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM

I'll let you guys judge it for yourself when it comes out. I liked it quite a bit.

hmmm.....

bballarl
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
It is a logical progression from DBTT. Think where "Let There Be Love" left off. If you have heard "Falling Down" and "Shock of the Lightning", you have an idea of the general vein of the record. Everyone sounds great.

shakermaker113
09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
well according to filter Oasis' schedule for the next year and a half is "constant touring all over the world, including several massive jaunts through the United States in an attempt to reclaim some of the audience it lost 10 or so years ago."

several... intriguing.

bballarl
09-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I have no problems with the preceding statement.

orbit
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
part of that lost audience take things too seriously.

CX5JBsKih0c

tonight during their set at virgin fest.

bballarl
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Wow.

The best part is Liam getting all riled up.

Sushov23
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I give Liam props for standing up for his brother, by giving that *** a left jab. Respect. Maybe now they can work on a song with Jay-Z, and Oasis fans and Jay-Z fans can get along once again.

bballarl
09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Noel clarified his Jay-Z remarks, by the way. This interview is fucking great. Noel is mostly well behaved, but he has a few quotable bits.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/noel-gallagher-exclusive-interview-171793?sr=hotnews

rage patton
09-07-2008, 10:49 PM
That was hilarious.

Out of nowhere... BAM! TAKE THAT NOEL!

EDIT: Actually, I think my favorite part of that is how fast the guy is taken down. Roadies jumped out of nowhere and guy was taken down as fast as Noel was

Sushov23
09-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, but that was AFTER the fact. I read the interview, I just thought it was dumb when he first made the comment. He was offending a whole genre of music with that statement, it was more than just Jay-Z. It's cool, I got love for Oasis again because of that video, and the new album is shaping up nicely.

bballarl
09-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't think they will be super keen to return to Toronto in the near future.

ThomThom
09-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Jesus, Noel was dropped like a sack of shit. Hilarious.

bballarl
09-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Hard not to be when you are blindsided while playing guitar.

I can't stop cracking up at Liam. I mean, his reaction was totally justified, but it is fantastic all the same.

Sushov23
09-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Hard not to be when you are blindsided while playing guitar.

I can't stop cracking up at Liam. I mean, his reaction was totally justified, but it is fantastic all the same.

that interview was classic man, thanks. I wouldn't buy a Bloc Party record, because I know i'd be shit.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-08-2008, 05:33 AM
did we figure out why the guy pushed Noel off the stage?

Stefinitely Maybe
09-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Because he was a Canadian?

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Jesus, Noel was dropped like a sack of shit. Hilarious.

Um yeah - my 18 month old could blindside somebody playing guitar who didn't see it coming.

Seriously though what is funny about it? What if Noel got pushed off the stage and broke his hand and then cancelled their tour for thousands of fans - that would be real funny. If that happened to your band at your show - I don't think you wouldn't be laughing.

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 07:32 AM
did we figure out why the guy pushed Noel off the stage?

Obviously an asshole starved for attention.

ThomThom
09-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Um yeah - my 18 month old could blindside somebody playing guitar who didn't see it coming.

Seriously though what is funny about it? What if Noel got pushed off the stage and broke his hand and then cancelled their tour for thousands of fans - that would be real funny. If that happened to your band at your show - I don't think you wouldn't be laughing.

Take it easy man, I wasn't laughing at your mom being pushed on stage, it's a fucking guy in a band. Did you start your period this morning?

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 07:56 AM
I realize that. I'm quite chill.

But you said he went down like a sack of shit - um, he was kinda busy and didn't see it coming, no one would stand up after that. I realize you prolly don't like them, but still cheering on an asshole after an act like that is stupid, and gives reason for someone else to do it again, at some other show, at some other band, maybe one you're at someday?

I also realize that's not my mother, I just really hate assholes that ruin shows for everyone else. Been to enough concerts to see it happen - nothing funny about it for anyone. Like I said wouldn't be so funny if you were there wanted to see say... Radiohead and Thom Yorke got bum rushed, and the band cuts their set by 45 minutes.

The only that comes about from shit like this is ultra-tight security at shows (Which no one really wants), band cuts their set short, pissed off fans feel ripped off, and those same bands that don't schedule shows in those cities anymore.

All because some d-bag says "look at me" yay!

orbit
09-08-2008, 08:06 AM
I give Liam props for standing up for his brother, by giving that *** a left jab. Respect.

to be fair, he stands up after he makes sure the guy is restrained by security.

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
to be fair fair security grabbed him as fast as he knocked Noel down.

KungFuJoe
09-08-2008, 08:20 AM

But you said he went down like a sack of shit - um, he was kinda busy and didn't see it coming, no one would stand up after that. I realize you prolly don't like them, but still cheering on an asshole after an act like that is stupid, and gives reason for someone else to do it again, at some other show, at some other band, maybe one you're at someday?

I also realize that's not my mother, I just really hate assholes that ruin shows for everyone else. Been to enough concerts to see it happen - nothing funny about it for anyone. Like I said wouldn't be so funny if you were there wanted to see say... Radiohead and Thom Yorke got bum rushed, and the band cuts their set by 45 minutes.

The only that comes about from shit like this is ultra-tight security at shows (Which no one really wants), band cuts their set short, pissed off fans feel ripped off, and those same bands that don't schedule shows in those cities anymore.

I'm sure this guys reasons for doing it was more than just hey "look at me". If all he wanted was attention then he simply could've just streaked across the stage. Cleary he was out to hurt & humiliate Oasis.

If I was there, of course I would initially be concerned, but once I knew all was ok I'd be laughing my ass off. I was laughing my ass off just watching that video right now. seeing Noel go down like that IS Funny. I'm not saying anyone should have the right to go & do that again, but watching it is humorous. Kind of like laughing at someone when you pull a chair out from underneath them. I'm sure even Liam & Noel aren't so uptight that they're not laughing about it right now.

shakermaker113
09-08-2008, 08:25 AM
if you ask me security failed pretty fucking miserably -- the dude ran all the way from the OTHER side of the stage and had pushed Noel over before we even caught sight of security. whenever I've seen someone rush the stage security are moments behind.

and I also liked seeing Liam taking a jab at the dude.

ThomThom
09-08-2008, 08:30 AM

1. I never said I didn’t like them, I actually used to worship them when I was younger.
2. I also hate assholes that ruin shows and was not cheering some asshole on, I have a soft spot for dumb and senseless humor sometimes, I am the type of person that still laughs at farts or people tripping on a curb, it’s in my nature sometimes to laugh at senseless shit.
3. Stop getting butt hurt about the “sack of shit” comment, I realize he was busy and was unable to “defend” himself and he was indeed blindsided, it was just a term that I used to express how fast (and funny) he went down.
4. Shall we get back to their possible North American tour itinerary and new album?

bballarl
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Keeeeeeeeeeep praaaayiiiiiiiiiiiin that the loooooooooord won't slowwwwwwww meeeeeeeee dooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn

Stefinitely Maybe
09-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Thank you, Andrew, for getting this thread back on track.

I spend my time sitting on the fence with a mate of mine,
Trying to write the line of a story
We believe that everything said is a waste of time
Cause life is well tried and it bores me
Yeah yeah yeah......

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
a few dates have surfaced looks like winter/spring tour of the US

boarderwoozel3
09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Coachella is in spring...

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 12:40 PM
lookin good for that

C DUB YA
09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Not to bring back this already tired topic...

from V fest people:

[I]According to a source at the V festival, Paul Weller had been due to join the band on 'Champagne Supernova', a track he originally guested on when it appeared on the band's 1995 album '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?'.

"Weller was going to play the solo on the song, like he does on record," the source told Spinner.com. "However, after a bit of a discussion, the band launched into set closer 'I Am The Walrus', cutting 4 songs out of the prepared setlist, including Supernova with Weller.

captncrzy
09-08-2008, 01:36 PM
to be fair, he stands up after he makes sure the guy is restrained by security.

Actually, he didn't really have any time to do something before that because security pushed him out of the way within 2 seconds of Noel going down to tackle the motherfucker. Liam's a crazy bastard, I don't think he was waiting for security to make sure the guy was neutralized, that was just the soonest he could take a swing at him.

JustSteve
09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
i hope that guy was backstage getting the shit kicked out of him.

paulb
09-08-2008, 02:17 PM
i hope so too...that isnt cool. Especially against Noel...now 50 cent getting rocks thrown at him at Reading fest, is funny.

boarderwoozel3
09-08-2008, 03:34 PM
i hope that guy was backstage getting the shit kicked out of him.
The rest of his evening probably wasn't so fun.

i hope so too...that isnt cool. Especially against Noel...now 50 cent getting rocks thrown at him at Reading fest, is funny.
Fucking hilarious. G-Unot!

bballarl
09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
a few dates have surfaced looks like winter/spring tour of the US

Post. Thanks.

I would say Coachella is looking pretty good. That would be awesome, but I would be happy with a Bowl show instead so I don't have to spend the 4 months leading up to the festival defending why Oasis are headlining.

bballarl
09-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Not to bring back this already tired topic...

from V fest people:

[I]According to a source at the V festival, Paul Weller had been due to join the band on 'Champagne Supernova', a track he originally guested on when it appeared on the band's 1995 album '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?'.

"Weller was going to play the solo on the song, like he does on record," the source told Spinner.com. "However, after a bit of a discussion, the band launched into set closer 'I Am The Walrus', cutting 4 songs out of the prepared setlist, including Supernova with Weller.

That would have been extremely awesome. Look what we missed out on.

Sushov23
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Headlining? please, they are subheadliners now.

bballarl
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Oasis wouldn't play anything as subheadliners. Unless The Stone Roses or Smiths or Jam or one of their heroes was headlining. I would almost be willing to guarantee this.

bballarl
09-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Also, note Liam's lack of fear in this photograph:

http://multimedia.thestar.com/images/7e/ac/63cdf0514f3ab507c2474c16bcc7.jpeg

Sushov23
09-08-2008, 04:19 PM
so for that reason, I don't think they will play Coachella. Maybe friday, and only with a strong subheadliner.

bballarl
09-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Again, I would love to see them at Coachella, but playing a Bowl show instead would save me four months of defending their headlining slot. Although I would do that for them.

shakermaker113
09-08-2008, 06:06 PM
According to a source at the V festival, Paul Weller had been due to join the band on 'Champagne Supernova', a track he originally guested on when it appeared on the band's 1995 album '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?'.

WTF? they cut FOUR songs out of the setlist? it's not as if their sets are long to begin with... I'd be pissed if they did that, especially dropping champagne supernova. what a rip off.