http://www.9giantsteps.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/daft-punk.png
DAFT PUNK

or

http://nymag.com/images/2/daily/entertainment/07/06/07_justice_lg.jpg
JUSTICE

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Is this a joke?
I mean, I like Justice, but the DAFT will always win.

Ill_Eagle
04-13-2008, 03:06 PM
DAFT MOTHERFUCKING PUNK

frozen pilgrim
04-13-2008, 03:09 PM
if you voted for justice, you're a idiot.
you think they'd exist, let alone have a career, if it wasn't for DP?

fucking shit, people.

I wish folks would learn five minutes worth of a genre's history before mouthing off about it.

like all the people who think radiohead would exist without sonic youth. fucking pitiful.

superfiction
04-13-2008, 06:33 PM
this is the worst thread ever

stinkbutt
04-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Quicksand should be castrated

hypervera
04-13-2008, 06:45 PM
justice is shit in this poll

PrettyRagdoll
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow. Whoever voted for Justice is an idiot

betao
04-13-2008, 07:15 PM
seriously?...you're comparing the two?

Daft Punk, even though very cheesy music, is still way ahead of Justice.

superfiction
04-13-2008, 07:55 PM
seriously?...you're comparing the two?

Daft Punk, even though very cheesy music, is still way ahead of Justice.

as thomas said himself. justice are about making fun cool dance music. daft punk are about making cultural statements.

apples and oranges dudes. im not voting.

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Wow. Whoever voted for Justice is an idiot

The idiot who created the thread voted for Justice.

daven
04-13-2008, 08:14 PM
daft Punk make boring repetitive beats. Justice know how to party! they are way better than the stupid robots. I do like the dog video but the song is stupid.

faxman75
04-13-2008, 08:31 PM
daft punk are about making cultural statements.

apples and oranges dudes. im not voting.

What statements? I'm not judging, i'm just curious as to what they are.

hypervera
04-13-2008, 08:46 PM
daft Punk make boring repetitive beats. Justice know how to party! they are way better than the stupid robots. I do like the dog video but the song is stupid.

:nono

betao
04-13-2008, 08:54 PM
nearly every Justice song sounds the same in my opinion.

Then again, most of Daft Punk's material does too. But its still more creative than Justice.

PrettyRagdoll
04-13-2008, 08:55 PM

:nono One day, you two will look back at this period in your life with shame

stinkbutt
04-13-2008, 09:11 PM
daft punk are about making cultural statements

???

boarderwoozel3
04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
errrrr, kinda obvious...

boarderwoozel3
04-13-2008, 09:15 PM

You're silly.

stinkbutt
04-13-2008, 09:23 PM
errrrr, kinda obvious...

If you are referring to this

???

then please elaborate for me cause I guess I don't understand how distorted disco beats make "cultural statements".

boarderwoozel3
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
no, wasn't referring to the "???," just the initial poll question. I'm a bit baffled by the DP cultural statement thing too. The only statement I can think of is unification through dance... maybe...?

quicksand
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I went with Justice all the way. The two groups have always sounded really similar to me, although one's significantly more popular than the other. BUT, Daft Punk get's too repetitive after you've heard an album twice. Don't get me wrong... I love them, and they're lots of fun, but Daft Punk gets old fast (excluding "Aerodynamic"). And without Daft, I probably would never know who Justice is. So I have mad respect for them, but besides their live shows, Daft Punk isn't all they're hyped up to be. Once Justice has more material this will a fair battle.

R3d Snapper
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM

You listen to limp bizkit, your opinion is not valid.

quicksand
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
if you voted for justice, you're a idiot.
you think they'd exist, let alone have a career, if it wasn't for DP?

fucking shit, people.

I wish folks would learn five minutes worth of a genre's history before mouthing off about it.

like all the people who think radiohead would exist without sonic youth. fucking pitiful.

So fucking what? Like that's even relevant. Yeah, Maybe Sonic Youth influenced Radiohead, but Radiohead is still better. Pull your head out of your fucking ass and stop trying to act like you know shit. Every band in existance has had influenced and most of them have influenced other bands. In the end, it comes down to who sound better. That's like saying somebody on a message board is smarter because they have a larger post count or some shit.

stinkbutt
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
That's like saying somebody on a message board is smarter because they have a larger post count or some shit.

Well supre likes to think it adds inches to his dick.

quicksand
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Well supre likes to think it adds inches to his dick.

Oh sure, but that just makes your dick superior, not your whole body.

stinkbutt
04-13-2008, 09:46 PM

Oh no even without all the posts it's quite obvious your dick is superior to your body causing a slight case of dickhead

boarderwoozel3
04-13-2008, 09:51 PM

Yay, I'll never take Extenze again!!!

paulb
04-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Justice are fun and great live...but Daft Punk are fuckin EPIC. no doubt, Daft Punk for the win...

Astrid
04-14-2008, 01:27 AM
this is silly. justice is infantile in comparison to daft's epicosity.

though i don't know about this cultural statement business...

frozen pilgrim
04-14-2008, 03:36 AM
So fucking what? Like that's even relevant. Yeah, Maybe Sonic Youth influenced Radiohead, but Radiohead is still better. Pull your head out of your fucking ass and stop trying to act like you know shit. Every band in existance has had influenced and most of them have influenced other bands. In the end, it comes down to who sound better. That's like saying somebody on a message board is smarter because they have a larger post count or some shit.

wow. okay.
another person loses their music-listening license.
that's like the third this week.
fuck, guys.

edit:
I'm starting to like the phrase "has had influenced"

thelastgreatman
04-14-2008, 09:36 AM
If it wasn't for the Alive 2007 set, frankly, this wouldn't be such a stupid argument. Well, it would be, because it would be debating fucking house music, but just saying--prior to that set, Daft wasn't that fucking good, sorry.

boredofcanada
04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
wow i actually agree with lastgreatman for once......yeah, daft punk sucked forever, which is why that set is so amazing.
e

thelastgreatman
04-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Pretty much. Alive 2007 was the first time they actually ventured into that brave territory known as combining house with other genres... like all the great British acts were doing by the time Discovery came out. Stealing disco hooks and cool videos did not make them awesome. Mixing three songs together simultaneously, though, did.

thestripe
04-14-2008, 10:10 AM
If it wasn't for the Alive 2007 set, frankly, this wouldn't be such a stupid argument. Well, it would be, because it would be debating fucking house music, but just saying--prior to that set, Daft wasn't that fucking good, sorry.

Only someone who had seen Daft Punk before the Alive 2007 can make that judgement.

artisticcreator
04-14-2008, 12:03 PM
How about Daft Punk and Kraftwerk! That would be a hard one to call!

boredofcanada
04-14-2008, 12:04 PM
daft punk.
e

that wasnt so hard.

Robototron
04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't know which is sadder, the fact that this is even a poll, or the fact that 4 people chose Justice.

thelastgreatman
04-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Only someone who had seen Daft Punk before the Alive 2007 can make that judgement.

You mean listening to their three albums and both watching and listening to the recordings of their only other tour don't qualify me to make that determination? Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was music or something.

KatieLyn
04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
daft punk.
hands down.

frozen pilgrim
04-15-2008, 02:23 PM

I totally agree.
but that's causality, ain't it? what's happened has happened and irreperably changes the future.
so, because of their coachella 06/alive07 tour, daft punk is a significantly more creative and influential musical force.
to be perfectly honest, I wasn't even a daft punk fan until post coachella 06. I still listen to almost nothing of theirs but live bootlegs.

so basically, DP still = what justice WANTS to be, but can't quite attain.
call me when justice does something other than just use ableton behind a flashing cross and unhooked synths.

BlackSwan
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't know which is sadder, the fact that this is even a poll, or the fact that 4 people chose Justice.

Pretty much.

P.S. - Randy, your existence is sad.

HEADSTRUCK
04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
worst thread ever...justice owns nothing yet and doubt they ever will......if u were part of the scene u would know that

mittens4kittens
04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
This is AWESOME!!! Like half a dozen people voted for Justice (pronounced by some American douchebags "juice-teace") !!!! :rotfl

I mean I like them like fuck... but wasn't the question "who
owns the scene", not "who is leasing the scene from Daft Punk" ?

mittens4kittens
04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
without Daft, I probably would never know who Justice is. So I have mad respect for them, but besides their live shows, Daft Punk isn't all they're hyped up to be. Once Justice has more material this will a fair battle.

:winkiss see you in the future when the RobotHumans still made Justice, and will still win the poll ten to one

quicksand
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
worst thread ever...justice owns nothing yet and doubt they ever will......if u were part of the scene u would know that

The scene of your heart. Not your lame ass remixes of 3 Days Grace scene.

woogie846
04-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Don't be a daft punk, Daft Punk owns.

thepoetblue
04-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Daft makes a cultural statement about how they're robots from outer space who own our lives, while television rules the nation around the world. Obviously, that's genius and they pwn.

thelastgreatman
04-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I totally agree.
but that's causality, ain't it? what's happened has happened and irreperably changes the future.
so, because of their coachella 06/alive07 tour, daft punk is a significantly more creative and influential musical force.
to be perfectly honest, I wasn't even a daft punk fan until post coachella 06. I still listen to almost nothing of theirs but live bootlegs.

so basically, DP still = what justice WANTS to be, but can't quite attain.
call me when justice does something other than just use ableton behind a flashing cross and unhooked synths.

Alive 2007 is probably the best piece of EDM ever put together even without the lightshow--I never said anything contrary to the fact that since Coach 06 Daft has represented a new level of performance and done a lot to revive the scene.

All I'm saying is that before Coach 06 if Cross had already been released, we'd be debating two catchy and unimaginative French house acts who both just rip old disco and funk songs off and throw some distortion on the bass or a vocoder here and there. Without Discovery, Homework, Human After All, and Cross are all about equivalent as far as I'm concerned, 'cause none of them are particularly good except for 3 tracks maximum.

All of those albums were released post-Underworld (yes, I bring them up AGAIN) and thus should all be ashamed to push such swill. Alive 2007 though is an entirely different animal. Justice's live set is... exactly what I would expect a live set of Cross to sound like and nothing more.

I guess we should give Justice 10 years time allowance to put out their first legitimately good album before comparing. =)

thestripe
04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
You mean listening to their three albums and both watching and listening to the recordings of their only other tour don't qualify me to make that determination? Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was music or something.

All I was getting at is that I have spoke with people who have seen Daft Punk before Alive 2007 and they always have positive things to say. I'm not trying to debate their Alive 2007 set vs. old sets.

thelastgreatman
04-16-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll send you Alive 97, judge for yourself. I was unbelievably disappointed. And fucking annoyed, frankly.

thestripe
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Do you think it would have been any better if you were there?

thelastgreatman
04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I would have been on a lot of ecstasy, so I guess. I also remember really enjoying almost every DJ that played at the end of the month parties at Tunnel, Twilo, or Exit in the late nineties when I was rolling my face off. That doesn't mean they were particularly good.

instinct
04-16-2008, 05:36 PM

man.. i can't believe that.. Weren't you the one who say She Wants Revenge instead of Daft Punk? Daft was my #1 favorite group before Alive 2007, and long before Coachella. Homework and Discovery are so classic. Fucking awesome, Justice is SHIT compared to them. Daft has been great, and always has.

p.s. Alive 97 never gets any love.. but I fuckin love that mix.

thelastgreatman
04-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Discovery is almost entirely stolen. I really don't see how you can give them that much credit for the album. They barely had to write 60 percent of it. Also, it's not that fucking great. There were plenty of acts putting out original and inventive music at that same time that blended genres and invented new arenas of electronic music. Discovery was blatant samples made into catchy, pop-formed straight up disco-house tracks. It's not a work of fucking genius.

Alive 97 is horrible, I don't get this affection for it at all.

pinguinotonto
04-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I love Alive 97 I could listen to that for days.

betao
04-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Discovery is almost entirely stolen. I really don't see how you can give them that much credit for the album. They barely had to write 60 percent of it. Also, it's not that fucking great. There were plenty of acts putting out original and inventive music at that same time that blended genres and invented new arenas of electronic music. Discovery was blatant samples made into catchy, pop-formed straight up disco-house tracks. It's not a work of fucking genius.

Alive 97 is horrible, I don't get this affection for it at all.

The review you give Discovery is more suited for Human After All. None of Daft Punk's studio albums are genius; to say so is just plain ignorant.

Its their ability to mix the tracks together in a nearly flawless manner that is genius.

thelastgreatman
04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Human After All at least actually had a theme to it. It was almost all interminably fucking slow, but Human actually has something of a point to the order of the songs, the lyrics. They actually formed a semi-coherent story by releasing Human After All--Discovery was just a bunch of unrelated stolen hooks electronica'd up. Sorry, but it fucking is. What do you want?

They didn't mix tracks together in any particularly impressive way until 2006. I just listen to some of Alive 97 again--the first six minutes are just them tweaking the fucking levels on Daften. Just goes on and on. Then has a completely unnatural segue into some rackety shit...

They showed everybody how brilliant they could be with the right software and a catalog of stolen music. And it is fucking brilliant. But what they did with Alive 2007 has about as much in common with Alive 97 as Second Toughest does with the last Britney album.

quicksand
04-16-2008, 06:25 PM
I guess with all the hype people give Justice here I thought it would have been a better debate. However, thelastgreatman has made some good points, and as much as I love both groups, I still prefer Justice.

frozen pilgrim
04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Alive 2007 is probably the best piece of EDM ever put together even without the lightshow--I never said anything contrary to the fact that since Coach 06 Daft has represented a new level of performance and done a lot to revive the scene.

All I'm saying is that before Coach 06 if Cross had already been released, we'd be debating two catchy and unimaginative French house acts who both just rip old disco and funk songs off and throw some distortion on the bass or a vocoder here and there. Without Discovery, Homework, Human After All, and Cross are all about equivalent as far as I'm concerned, 'cause none of them are particularly good except for 3 tracks maximum.

All of those albums were released post-Underworld (yes, I bring them up AGAIN) and thus should all be ashamed to push such swill. Alive 2007 though is an entirely different animal. Justice's live set is... exactly what I would expect a live set of Cross to sound like and nothing more.

I guess we should give Justice 10 years time allowance to put out their first legitimately good album before comparing. =)

and this is why I didn't listen to daft punk until after they played coachella. I didn't find what they had t offer particularly special.

thelastgreatman
04-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I guess with all the hype people give Justice here I thought it would have been a better debate. However, thelastgreatman has made some good points, and as much as I love both groups, I still prefer Justice.

No, bad, wrong. Justice = still crappy. Daft Punk finally grew out of crappy and into the coolest shit ever put on a stage. They win. When Justice gets some kind of large shape made of video screens, page me.

thestripe
04-16-2008, 06:42 PM

Oh my fucking god. Randy, see what you have done here.

quicksand
04-16-2008, 06:43 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/shrpenyourteeth9/0234567895977_500X500.jpg

quicksand
04-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Lick my nine I'm out.

thestripe
04-16-2008, 06:44 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/shrpenyourteeth9/0234567895977_500X500.jpg

What? You want me to put my meat on your grill?

frozen pilgrim
04-16-2008, 06:57 PM
screw you guys, I'm going home

baby.
just 'cause we ruined justice for you.

quicksand
04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
baby.
just 'cause we ruined justice for you.

No I still like Justice more. And they're still gonna be the best thing of the entire Coachella weekend for me.

the_last_laugh
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
I'll take creative, culturally relevant robots over pretentious, frenchie douchebags anyday.

Creeper
04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
^Haha 1 year old thread fail!!!!
But im with you DP>Everyone else

the_last_laugh
04-16-2009, 02:49 PM
I didn't notice till after I posted. How did this get bumped? Cuz it was in the list of New Posts.

mikey1313666
02-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Daftttt

the walrus
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM

sharksfan98
02-18-2013, 09:09 AM
DAFT MOTHERFUCKING PUNK

Dat Times New Roman

ELIZA83TH
02-19-2013, 06:18 PM
DAFT PUNK. no contest, whatsoever.

welgo800
02-19-2013, 07:48 PM
swedish house mafia?

Justiceforall
02-20-2013, 07:44 AM
omg you guys are bringing this back, lmao
even I know better

djandrews25
05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
This should have been made public so we could have made fun of whoever voted for justice.

TomAz
05-15-2013, 02:04 PM
This should have been made public so we could have made fun of whoever voted

fixed

Starraven
05-15-2013, 06:48 PM
I just voted b/c of you.