PDA

View Full Version : Hookahs into camping?

apachedino
04-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Does anyone know if you can bring hookah's into camping? Has anybody done this before?

rnewton81
04-13-2008, 09:30 AM
just roll it inside a sleeping bag...then they won't even notice.

sassypants
04-13-2008, 11:49 AM
they would probably consider it drug paraphernalia... so ya, hide it well

Bulletproof
04-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm bringing mine.

Gyrus
04-13-2008, 02:56 PM
lol I thought u meant hookers for a second hahahahahah

Capple7
04-13-2008, 04:42 PM
just roll your hookers into a sleeping bag. They are dead right?

el chango
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
They're also made of glass, ain't they? so they fit in the drug paraphernalia and glass containers.

Stickjohn
04-14-2008, 06:18 PM
C'mon people. A hookah is just a water pipe, and I do not think it could be considered "drug paraphernalia" unless there was drug residue. There are hookah bars in California, and hookahs have cultural significance for some Middle Eastern people.

But the question was can you bring one into the camping area, and I think the answer is no. From the camping FAQ's: "Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping, but unfortunately there will be NO open fires, gas, charcoal, propane or any other cooking devices allowed."

I think a hookah could rightfully be considered a "charcoal cooking device" since it uses coals to "cook" the shisha. The issue is fire risk in a crowded campground, regardless of what you're smoking.

sassypants
04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
You know and I know that hookahs server a variety of purposes and can be used with legal drugs, but some shit for brains security guy probably won't.

And I agree with your 'cooking' theory.

apachedino
04-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah that charcoal deal is probably the no go, but I think we will try and if we get rejected just bring it back to the car. People smoke cigarettes, thats a fire hazard. If you have the cap on the hookah the coal won't go out even if it's tipped over, but it might be a hard sell.