PDA

View Full Version : The Young Punx!

phonics80
04-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I bought their new LP Your Music is Killing Me and Highly recommend it to those of you down with electronic/dance music. It's super eclectic and bounces around from House to Electro, Drum and Bass to Big Beat with lots of cut-up vocal samples...Good times! They kind of remind me of a cross between the Avalanches, Fatboy Slim, Basement Jaxx and maybe Lemon Jelly, with a little Greenskeepers mixed in there - They're hard to pinpoint. I can't stop listening to them. The first track on the album is remixed by Norman Cook (Fatboy Slim) too. Bonus.

Check 'em out. And if you don't like them, that's fine, I just thought I'd share.

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-12-2008, 08:21 PM
"Your Music is Killing Me" is my favorite track.
Its a really good cd. It took me a couple of listens to really appreciate it. I would also recommend it if you like Basement Jaxx / Fatboy Slim.

phonics80
04-13-2008, 09:47 AM
"Your Music is Killing Me" is my favorite track.
Its a really good cd. It took me a couple of listens to really appreciate it. I would also recommend it if you like Basement Jaxx / Fatboy Slim.

That's a super dope track. I'm diggin' on "Fire," "Drum and Bacharach," "Rockall" and "Never Be the Same Again." I say those are my key tunes from the album.