PDA

View Full Version : Prince was planned from day one!

scaliwag
04-09-2008, 06:32 PM
to the people complaining about the late announcment:

last year the tickets sold out too fast...there was no time for true festival fans to get tickets for coach, instead, rage against the machine fans sold out the fest...i had many friends that could give 2 shits about rage that couldnt get tickets...people there knew none of the smaller acts (who is LCD soundsystem?), they only knew rage and RHCP...this year they could have sold out in minutes with prince on the lineup from day one, but then the festival would be all prince fans...they gave everyone that loves the festival for what it is to get tickets, then they announced prince to seal the deal...a treat for the festival lovers and a financial treat for GV

plus, comeon, the message board is purple!

betao
04-09-2008, 06:33 PM
um.

i'm pretty sure the message board is blue.

betao
04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
but other than that, I see what you're saying and hope that it is correct, but that is a very sincere thing for GV to do for its loyal fans.

Sonicifyouwantit
04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
they didnt give much time on single day tickets though. I remember PT saying how they gave a whole day and a half like that is any decent amount of time for average ticket buyers. 99% of my friends have no clue about the urgency of buying tickets.

either way tickets will go fast now.

instinct
04-09-2008, 06:37 PM
This message board is not purple.

Bud Luster
04-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I dont think Prince could have sold old the show nearly as fast as Rage did last year. Yes he has many loyal fans, but he has played recently and the Rage deal was a reunion after years of silence from the band. We have yet to see if this announcement can sellout the fest.

stinkbutt
04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
It will Prince fans are nuts. Wasn't mainly cause of Madonna Sunday sold out in 06.

scaliwag
04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
It will sell out and Rage is way too overrated...prince is a legend

gaypalmsprings
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
conspiracy

arya.
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
The message board definitely is the same color scheme as his picture on coachella.com haha.

fiopadp7791
04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I dont think Prince could have sold old the show nearly as fast as Rage did last year. Yes he has many loyal fans, but he has played recently and the Rage deal was a reunion after years of silence from the band. We have yet to see if this announcement can sellout the fest.

I agree. The only thing that coulda sold out a single day as quick as Rage last year is if they added U2 (and let's pray that never happens). Not because I don't like U2, but it would be a bunch of U2 fans not giving a shit about any of the other acts.

fiopadp7791
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
It will Prince fans are nuts. Wasn't mainly cause of Madonna Sunday sold out in 06.

Madonna fans and Tool fans made Sunday sell out in '06. When I was flying into LAX from Minneapolis to go to the fest that year, the main contingent of travellers (at least on that flight, and there were a lot because it was a discount airliner) were Tool fans.

scaliwag
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
about the single day tickets...i bet they didnt sell them for long because people that bought friday and sunday tickets would kick themselves now...i doubt they were sold out..but again, conspiracy!

bender
04-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Rage has sold around 24 million records worldwide whereas Prince has sold over 100 million. I think he's a bigger deal than Rage

woogie846
04-09-2008, 08:34 PM
...this is blue.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I totally agree with the first post, I couldnt go last year because that exact reason! but i'm making up for it this year

ARBJORK
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
to the people complaining about the late announcment:

last year the tickets sold out too fast...there was no time for true festival fans to get tickets for coach, instead, rage against the machine fans sold out the fest...i had many friends that could give 2 shits about rage that couldnt get tickets...people there knew none of the smaller acts (who is LCD soundsystem?), they only knew rage and RHCP...this year they could have sold out in minutes with prince on the lineup from day one, but then the festival would be all prince fans...they gave everyone that loves the festival for what it is to get tickets, then they announced prince to seal the deal...a treat for the festival lovers and a financial treat for GV

plus, comeon, the message board is purple!

AMEN!

psychic friend
04-09-2008, 08:36 PM
OP is talking out butt. just saying

JClemy
04-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Prince is way bigger than Rage. He also just kept touring rather than simply getting back together just to make some money.