PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to straighten your hair?

David_w
01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Every day when you onsite camp?

Meadowsmeister
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
david?
guy?
hair?
straighten?
emo.....

amyzzz
01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't think there are electric outlets at the campground. Hook up with someone who has a hotel room and you're set.

snowgirl_69
01-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Im soooo not bothering with all that....leaving my GHD's at home!!!!!

dedzilla
01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Oddly enough, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I'm all about roughing it but what if I want to fix my hair and look nice one of those nights? If you're driving or renting a car, you might try getting an adapter for the car which turns your cigarette lighter into an electrical outlet. I have one but absolutely do not remember where I bought it. I think they sell them at REI, maybe? If not, I think they sell cordless/battery powered straighteners.

shmamber
01-31-2007, 02:49 PM
In 2004, I thought that I might want to look nice and straighten my hair, too. I learned very quickly that it was just so damn hot that it really didn't matter. Plus, never underestimate your need for a hat!

HungryLupine
01-31-2007, 02:54 PM
asking the questions that matter. (thank christ.) i plan to go back to curly by then. mika is sneaking it back en vogue. promise.

Melissa
01-31-2007, 05:57 PM
ThinkGeek has a car power adapter.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7ab2/

Not only good for your hair straightener, but also for your laptop, coffeemaker, Sonicare, microwave,...

Trick Loves The Kids
01-31-2007, 06:01 PM
ahahaha

dedzilla
01-31-2007, 06:50 PM
ThinkGeek has a car power adapter.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7ab2/

Not only good for your hair straightener, but also for your laptop, coffeemaker, Sonicare, microwave,...

<3 think geek

fire_in_cairo
01-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Cool thought on the power adapter... Let's hope it isn't too hot in the desert where your 'press' isn't ruined by sweat. (though you did mention straightening it everyday) Cheers !

David_w
01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Thank you all for your answers. Thanks. :)

And Meadowsmeister, if you weren't that ignorant you would know that what you call emo is in fact "scene" and that what you call emo kids are in fact "scene kids" though they listen to mtvmo (third wave emo).

Anyway, thank you all for your replies. :)

tessalasset
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
mtvmo (third wave emo)that is the coolest thing i've ever heard.

dude don't worry about your hair. it will be too hot and you will get too sweaty and all that time pressing your hair will go to waste when it frizzes out again. don't worry about how you look and just have fun. plus, you'll probably be too tired by the time the show gets out each night to go do more shit.

vinylmartyr
01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
wear a hat or suffer

David_w
01-31-2007, 10:42 PM
that is the coolest thing i've ever heard.

dude don't worry about your hair. it will be too hot and you will get too sweaty and all that time pressing your hair will go to waste when it frizzes out again. don't worry about how you look and just have fun. plus, you'll probably be too tired by the time the show gets out each night to go do more shit.

Lol, thanks. :p

Anyway, I hope I won't sweat that much.. But yeah,I guess I'll find out. ^^

randy ricochet
02-01-2007, 04:39 AM
puff!

foto_synthesis
02-01-2007, 07:20 AM
In 2004, I thought that I might want to look nice and straighten my hair, too. I learned very quickly that it was just so damn hot that it really didn't matter. Plus, never underestimate your need for a hat!

Well said! All I need is a scrunchie, some pins, and a hat! (And maybe a pinch of hairspray) Bam! All set!:2c

FakePlasticMe
02-01-2007, 08:12 AM
You WILL sweat a ton, and my hair looks terrible every year. What's worse is that it's in the LA area, so there are a ton of people walking around with perfect hair. This year I have bangs too, I'm really screwed. That car adapter is looking tempting...

David_w
02-01-2007, 08:14 AM
I just need to straighted my hair.. I hate so bad having bad hair days!

Quentin
02-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm actually plannin on cutting my hair soon cause it's getting a bit long. Long black asian hair in the desert isn't going to go over well with me.

David_w
02-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Haha I'll probably die too in the desert.. nut what the fuck, if I can have nice hair just a coupke of hours every day I'll be happy. :p but I'm NOT going to cut it. :D

kimery08
02-01-2007, 10:14 AM
wear a hat.

trust me.

David_w
02-01-2007, 11:19 AM
I hate hats...

kimery08
02-01-2007, 11:40 AM
i hate straightening my hair in 103 degree weather when its only going to curl back up in the first 10 minutes because of the heat.

Dead*Squirrel
02-01-2007, 12:01 PM
I had to have a giggle at this thread... but good on ya for wanting to look fab, David_w. :)

So I went looking (see how hard I'm tryin for ya LOL) -- Conair has a cordless:
Cordless Ceramic 1" Straightener - model #TC607BC
$21.99 on their website, available at all the usuals: Walmart, Target, Kohls, etc.

Only prob -- it runs on butane thermal cell. Probably not officially allowed into the campground. Depends on how thorough the search is, and if it's confiscated, you're SOL and curly for the weekend. :)

Been to ACLFest with long straight hair and a ponytail, doesn't matter how dry the weather, your own personal climate will frizz that hair though. I don't like hats either but gave in last year for a straw cheapie and life was much better. Plus my husband thought it was cute. ;)

David_w
02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I had to have a giggle at this thread... but good on ya for wanting to look fab, David_w. :)

So I went looking (see how hard I'm tryin for ya LOL) -- Conair has a cordless:
Cordless Ceramic 1" Straightener - model #TC607BC
$21.99 on their website, available at all the usuals: Walmart, Target, Kohls, etc.

Only prob -- it runs on butane thermal cell. Probably not officially allowed into the campground. Depends on how thorough the search is, and if it's confiscated, you're SOL and curly for the weekend. :)

Been to ACLFest with long straight hair and a ponytail, doesn't matter how dry the weather, your own personal climate will frizz that hair though. I don't like hats either but gave in last year for a straw cheapie and life was much better. Plus my husband thought it was cute. ;)

Omg! Thank you so so so much!!!! :D <3

dontfeedthebird
02-01-2007, 01:35 PM
For healthy hair, you should avoid adding heat at any cost...

kreutz2112
02-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Shave your head

fire_in_cairo
02-01-2007, 02:05 PM

Are you a hairstylist too? lol
Since attending lollapalooza & Coachella, I've noticed lots of people with some
luscious massive amounts of curl. If anyone plans on having a good time, perfect hair for these fests will not last long. (unless it's braided, twisted, dreaded, or something else intricate)

dontfeedthebird
02-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Nope. I'm just one of those gays.

Robocop
02-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Thank you all for your answers. Thanks. :)

And Meadowsmeister, if you weren't that ignorant you would know that what you call emo is in fact "scene" and that what you call emo kids are in fact "scene kids" though they listen to mtvmo (third wave emo).

Anyway, thank you all for your replies. :)

From the mouth of a first wave emo powderpuff.

Melissa
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Wearing a hat is the best idea. This will also prevent sunburn on your scalp where your hair is parted!

David_w
02-01-2007, 11:36 PM

I know but I don't care about having that healthy hair as long as it looks good.

David_w
02-01-2007, 11:47 PM
From the mouth of a first wave emo powderpuff.

Indeed.