PDA

View Full Version : Has Goldenvoice ever considered having overnight camping for RV's?

RooTeefy
04-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I really can't wrap my head around why it's allowed for Stagecoach and not Coachella. Why not let people stay instead of making them leave? Is it an insurance thing? If so, why is it ok for Stagecoach?

Blinken
04-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I think it is a demand thing, The stagecoach crowd is more into RV's than the Coachella goers.

RooTeefy
04-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I think it is a demand thing, The stagecoach crowd is more into RV's than the Coachella goers.

I definitely agree with you there but it seems like there are enough RV's at Coachella to justify some sort of RV camp site. I'm sure if they allowed it there would be a lot more RV's. Stagecoach is more of family affair obviously and I thought that was the main reason. Then I saw this on the Stagecoach site:

El Dorado 2 is a more cost effective campground geared towards people that may like to celebrate a bit later than others. Although we have an enforced curfew in other sites, this area is recommended for those younger that can be active and louder after the show. It is slightly further from the venue, however tram service is available. There are no electrical hook ups available.

That translates to people who like to party and stay up late. Sounds like a Coachella crowd to me.

prettydirtything
04-09-2008, 11:44 PM
hmm... Id venture guesses:

An essential ingredient to any festival is its brands connection to the site. The palm trees, the grass, the cool nights. All the oasis themes.... Its all very arabesque, and sorta Bedouin.... I would like to think that in a perfect year (2008, 2002, 2004) the bookings reflect that vibe....

I think the idea is that coachella people will be desert people. They travel quickly through the rough areas (riverside, palm springs) to find a magical and soothing place to camp down and stay for a few days, near a source of water, swathed in light cotton with music and lights filtering through a sparse and otherwise forbidding environment...

.... the people with their temporary fires and tents the only intrusion... Walk slowly in the day time, and strip down and dance as soon as possible in the night...

stagecoach is not (yet) half the size of coachella.... there are probably limited power hookups, and something about 3,000 rv's hurtling through the middle of the desert on the 10 freeway to go drink bottled water seems a little too "fuck you planet" for a supposedly forward thinking festival. I think the luxury tent idea is much better.

.....not at all "ye f-in haw, lets do an anti-burning man and get in our rvs and leave a massive trace behind" sorta thing

I would like to think an effort will be made to do some year round green power generation on site at the polo fields...... even if its just a token couple of watts.....

JustSteve
04-10-2008, 08:04 AM
what.the.fuck?

Bud Luster
04-10-2008, 09:05 AM
It probably has to do with Stagecoach having far fewer attendees and far more space for RVs.

jigsaw
04-10-2008, 09:12 AM

An essential ingredient to any festival is its brands connection to the site. The palm trees, the grass, the cool nights. All the oasis themes.... Its all very arabesque, and sorta Bedouin.... I would like to think that in a perfect year (2008, 2002, 2004) the bookings reflect that vibe....

I think the idea is that coachella people will be desert people. They travel quickly through the rough areas (riverside, palm springs) to find a magical and soothing place to camp down and stay for a few days, near a source of water, swathed in light cotton with music and lights filtering through a sparse and otherwise forbidding environment...

.... the people with their temporary fires and tents the only intrusion... Walk slowly in the day time, and strip down and dance as soon as possible in the night...

stagecoach is not (yet) half the size of coachella.... there are probably limited power hookups, and something about 3,000 rv's hurtling through the middle of the desert on the 10 freeway to go drink bottled water seems a little too "fuck you planet" for a supposedly forward thinking festival. I think the luxury tent idea is much better.

.....not at all "ye f-in haw, lets do an anti-burning man and get in our rvs and leave a massive trace behind" sorta thing

I would like to think an effort will be made to do some year round green power generation on site at the polo fields...... even if its just a token couple of watts.....

where the wild things are

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/p_rock79/All207.jpg

RooTeefy
04-10-2008, 01:16 PM

Wow, you definitely put some thought into that one. Thanks for your 2 cents.