PDA

View Full Version : BIGGEST REUNION EVER!

Tylerdurden31
04-09-2008, 08:14 AM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2008/04/09/dj-jazzy-jeff-and-the-fresh-prince-to-reunite/

A reader emailed us the other day asking if there was any truth to a rumor that legendary hip-hop duo D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince are reuniting for a summer tour.

The duo, which famously featured the Fresh Prince, aka Will Smith, as vocalist and Jeffrey Townes as the DJ, experienced tremendous success in the late 80s, early 90s, a result of their five full-length albums and a Grammy win. The two “unofficially” split in 1994, though Townes remained a frequent contributer in Smith’s solo career.

Most recently, D.J. Jazzy Jeff apperaed on Smith’s 2005 album, Lost and Found, as a producer, which was followed a year later by the release of The Very Best of D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Yet despite rumors, a reunion of the two never came to fruition.

Well, that was until now. There is now growing speculation that D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince will reunite for a July 2008 tour, in support of Smith’s upcoming film, Hancock.

“We’re going to go out big in July,” Smith, who gained fame as the “Fresh Prince” with Townes, told reporters in a news conference in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Nov. 30. “We are figuring out some places around the world to do some big shows. It’s about to be that circle back to the golden age of hip-hop. There is starting to be a little resurgence, so yeah, we are planning some things. … It will probably go out with Hancock and do performances with premieres around the world.”

No word yet on tour dates, but with the movie scheduled for release on July 2, if these rumors are indeed true, you have to think they will be coming soon.

We’ll keep you updated…

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 08:17 AM
holy.shit.

i'm down.

BlackSwan
04-09-2008, 09:18 AM
that's funny

rage patton
04-09-2008, 09:22 AM
That is rad. I was hoping Faith No More... but I guess I can settle for the Fresh Prince.

woogie846
04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
that is the most bitchin' thing i've heard all day.

PassiveTheory
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
You have gotta be shitting me. My roommates will love this.

gaypalmsprings
04-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Fleetwood Mac is reuniting for a tour in 2009 & a new album.

Sushov23
04-10-2008, 05:53 PM
seriously if they headlined friday at Coachella i would fucking jump for joy. Or played anywhere near my city. WOW.

nocigarettes
04-10-2008, 05:55 PM
so fucken crazy