PDA

View Full Version : My Radiohead Ticket is gone!!!

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 07:15 AM
I posted this on the radiohead thread, but it needs to be heard

My WASTE pre-sale ticket was on its way to being delivered to my home in Sunny Isles, FL, got the e-mails saying so. Come today, hmm I still haven't gotten it, let me track the order

lo and behold, the order has been delievered and signed for, yet I don;t have it! what the fuck???

contact the postal service, but what's the best they can do? it's already been delievered, its out of their hands, they offered for me to "file a complaint". thanks.

apparantly an R VALERO signed for it, checked the white pages, no such listing in my area.

so right now, at this very moment, it seems I spent $77 on heartache

shitty.

corbo
04-09-2008, 07:17 AM
wow. that is some fucked up shit.

luveebunni08
04-09-2008, 07:21 AM
that's really fucked up. my heart goes out to you, man. i would be really pissed too.

corbo
04-09-2008, 07:21 AM
you just dont fuck with another man's radiohead ticket.

Young blood
04-09-2008, 07:22 AM
hahahahahaha sucker.

JSam67
04-09-2008, 07:25 AM
If this scenario happened to me, the cyanide capsule would be down the hatch by now. Sorry man, that is heartbreaking. Guess I'll be seeing you at Lollapalooza then...

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 07:26 AM
this is exactly why I have zero faith in the postal system and I always get my tickets so that I can print them out right away

amyzzz
04-09-2008, 07:26 AM
wow. that sucks.

Somewhat Damaged
04-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I'd go on a killing spree if I were in your situation.

shotglass75
04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
dude, contact the ticketing agency and tell them the situation. Everything is bar codes now so they might be able to track which bar code you got and cancel that ticket altogether and re-issue a new one. If not, go on a mass killing spree until you find the fuck who did it.

JustSteve
04-09-2008, 07:38 AM
knock on all your neighbors doors, when one of them hesitates/stutters when asked if they received a package that wasn't theirs you can give them a neck punch.

luveebunni08
04-09-2008, 07:44 AM
if they were sly enough to just sign they may be prepared for that. it's a great visual though.

"did you sign for my radiohead ticket?"
"what?"
*PUNCH*

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 07:46 AM
dude, contact the ticketing agency and tell them the situation. Everything is bar codes now so they might be able to track which bar code you got and cancel that ticket altogether and re-issue a new one. If not, go on a mass killing spree until you find the fuck who did it.

yeah I sent them an e-mail with that thought in mind

Ardentbiscuit
04-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Do you live in a house or an apartment building??

Often times other people who live in apartment buildings will sign for things or take packages lying around just because they are complete bastards and looking to score free stuff.

Hopefully the ticket issuer has some kind of insurance in case this happens.

Also, I've had cases where the mail person said someone signed for it but nobody was there and then he brought it a couple days later.

I hope you get your ticket, that sucks.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I live in an apartment, so I will snoop around, and ticket insurance? when I got them through WASTE, I don't think that was an option, but I honestly cannot remember

just send me positive energy, and if, worst case scenerio, it's gone, well, it's not the end of the world (trying real hard to be mature)

Ardentbiscuit
04-09-2008, 08:08 AM
My friend has had problems were people took her packages and her netflix movies so she has a note on her mailbox telling the mailman to hold all special deliveries and packages at the post office and she will pick them up.

And if you find out who took your ticket definitely take action against them.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 08:11 AM
i'm normally a very nice and pleasant guy, but i'm ready to fuck someone up

Cheddar's Cousin
04-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Maybe the Karma Police confiscated it...

canexplain
04-09-2008, 08:23 AM
look for an illegal alien at the show if you get another ticket ..jk .. ya, that sucks ... i sent a $1000 camera to get fixed via ups and when they returned it, no one was home and they just put it in my window well ... i think that sucks too ... they could have just put it in my back door since i never lock my house lol .. sorry though dude ...x****

Blinken
04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
That sucks man.

ThomThom
04-09-2008, 08:32 AM
SBessio,

You need to contact WASTE via email urgently. They are normally very good about handling matters such as the one you are in.

faxman75
04-09-2008, 08:34 AM
I don't see why the ticketing agency won't be able to help.

Notice Suprefan isn't around to take his lumps. After hearing him scream for months at people for wasting their money printing their tickets at home, it sure seems to look like printing tickets at home is the best way.

Somewhat Damaged
04-09-2008, 08:34 AM
look for an illegal alien at the show if you get another ticket ..jk .. ya, that sucks ... i sent a $1000 camera to get fixed via ups and when they returned it, no one was home and they just put it in my window well ... i think that sucks too ... they could have just put it in my back door since i never lock my house lol .. sorry though dude ...x****

Ron, maybe it's the lack of sleep talking, but your illegal alien bashing, even if it's in good fun, is irksome. This isn't the first time you've voiced an opinion like this and I'd think someone as supposedly progressive as you've seemed to be would be above such remarks.

higgybaby23
04-09-2008, 08:44 AM
I feel your pain. Last night someone stole my car stereo and a bunch of CDs from my car. Thieves suck! I don't completely buy into the idea of karma, but I hope those thieves get whats coming to them.

ThomThom
04-09-2008, 08:44 AM
I feel your pain. Last night someone stole my car stereo and a bunch of CDs from my car. Thieves suck! I don't completely buy into the idea of karma, but I hope those thieves get whats coming to them.

That blows man, sorry to hear that. Insurance should cover it though right?

faxman75
04-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Most people have deductables of at least $200. It's almost not worth filing a claim i'm guessing.

ThomThom
04-09-2008, 08:47 AM
I thought the same thing a few years back when my old car was broken into. My deductible was $500 for comprehensive, but my broken window alone was $380 not including the rest of the shit I claimed.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
I don't see why the ticketing agency won't be able to help.

Notice Suprefan isn't around to take his lumps. After hearing him scream for months at people for wasting their money printing their tickets at home, it sure seems to look like printing tickets at home is the best way.

I was thinking that same thing Faxy, actually I was trying to remember who was it that scolded everybody for printing their tickets, how could I forget?

bartelby
04-09-2008, 08:59 AM
R VALERO MUST DIE

ThomThom
04-09-2008, 09:00 AM
I hate to sound like a fucking broken record here but SBessio, did you email waste about this?

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 09:01 AM
I did, they sent me an automated response saying nothing helpful, and that they will respond to my e-mail within 1-3 days

bartelby
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
i feel your pain man....

WASTE will help though - i'm sending out the good vibes

ThomThom
04-09-2008, 09:04 AM
WASTE has always helped me out with ticketing or shipment issues.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 09:06 AM
thank you guys, I always tend to stay positive no matter what, I try to at least, but I have a shitload of homework to do and my mind is all over the place now

BlackSwan
04-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Don't take it laying down, persevere

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 09:10 AM
holy shit blackswan, how the hell are you hitting all these fests?

betao
04-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Sbessio, I had a similar situation last year, but instead of WASTE it was Ticketbastard. I had my virgin festival tickets on my PC months before the show, and hat yet to print them out. My PC got infected with a virus and crashed, lost everything on there, including my tickets (worth about 200). But I called ticketmaster and they emailed me new ones and just canceled the old ones. WASTE should be able to do the same.

SFChrissy
04-09-2008, 09:20 AM
I wonder if its a sign for me to go to either Lolla or Outside Lands??

p.s.-its funny you that you even have a lyric from that raconteurs song in your sig, i'm not dissing, I just HATE that song so much, it's the one that I HAVE to skip, but I digress

edit: but kudos for representing the Jack W., I have such love for him (hence my underwear thread earlier)

outside lands...you can camp in my back yard and fall asleep listening to the ocean!!!

SFChrissy
04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Sbessio, I had a similar situation last year, but instead of WASTE it was Ticketbastard. I had my virgin festival tickets on my PC months before the show, and hat yet to print them out. My PC got infected with a virus and crashed, lost everything on there, including my tickets (worth about 200). But I called ticketmaster and they emailed me new ones and just canceled the old ones. WASTE should be able to do the same.

considering your a fan and made the purchase thru waste...I think they would oblige you!!!

betao
04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Also, if worse comes to worse and you dont get your ticket(s) back, head over to the greenplastic forums and keep an eye out for tickets over there.

orbit
04-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I was in the same situation but it was computer hardware. And it wasn't USPS, but DHL. They delivered the package to some other person who signed with his last name, and I had never heard that last name in my whole life. I called dhl, then the store, and finally they agreed to send me a replacement.

2-3 weeks later, I also got the first package.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 09:48 AM
my day just get so much better

PRINCE!!

canexplain
04-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Ron, maybe it's the lack of sleep talking, but your illegal alien bashing, even if it's in good fun, is irksome. This isn't the first time you've voiced an opinion like this and I'd think someone as supposedly progressive as you've seemed to be would be above such remarks.

wow i didnt think i have said things like that before, but i guess ill trust you .... what i meant was a poor person, it wasnt meant to be racial at all, but i guess bashing poor people is just as bad .... my bad ... x****

faxman75
04-09-2008, 09:58 AM
my day just get so much better

PRINCE!!

What?!? Now I have to scour the board to see wtf you are talking about.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
its all over the place faxy!

faxman75
04-09-2008, 10:03 AM
WoW

amyzzz
04-09-2008, 10:05 AM
PRINCE WAS ADDED TO SATURDAY.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 10:10 AM
radio-who?

humanoid
04-09-2008, 10:31 AM
I have done nothing to deserve it though cheddar

everyone has done something

Somewhat Damaged
04-09-2008, 10:58 AM
wow i didnt think i have said things like that before, but i guess ill trust you .... what i meant was a poor person, it wasnt meant to be racial at all, but i guess bashing poor people is just as bad .... my bad ... x****

No worries. That was posted pre-"Prince added to Saturday" announcement. Now nothing can bother me.

kreutz2112
04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
hahahahahaha sucker.

hahahahaha

Astrid
04-09-2008, 11:01 AM
okay. sleep deprivation has rendered me useless...too useless to read this whole thread or use any critical thinking skills. but how exactly was your ticket going to be delivered today if it was ordered today?

if im the stupidest person in the world right now....sorry. have mercy?

orbit
04-09-2008, 11:25 AM
he bought his ticket during the first presale.

a couple of months ago.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 11:29 AM
everyone has done something

but to lose a radiohead ticket?? wouldnt I have to have murdered a bag of puppies for such horror to happen to me?

also, WASTE responded, saying they "will investigate"

i feel a little better, also, PRINCE

nahuatldream
04-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Just to echo what has already been said (and to promote your sanity), I will say that my sole experience with WASTE has been positive. I got nervous after ordering the In Rainbows Box Set, when it had been over a month and I hadn't gotten anything and I e-mailed them. They did respond and were about to send me a new one, when the original finally did arrive. They didn't even really question it, and were set to hook me up.

justinaqui
04-09-2008, 11:50 AM
can't you have waste void it for you, then just leave another one for you at will call? ive done it for coachella before. if ticketmaster can be nice enough, waste has to be able to pull that off.

justinaqui
04-09-2008, 11:56 AM
sorry, there were like 10 replies between me reading your post, logging in, and posting a reply. good luck!

humanoid
04-09-2008, 11:59 AM
but to lose a radiohead ticket?? wouldnt I have to have murdered a bag of puppies for such horror to happen to me?

also, WASTE responded, saying they "will investigate"

i feel a little better, also, PRINCE

I was just kidding, I apologize, you would have to be a pretty heinous individual to deserve something like that.....I wish you the best of luck

R VALERO
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
This is a god damn shame.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 12:06 PM
this made me laugh, a lot. thank you

i will hunt you down, rest assured

rage patton
04-09-2008, 12:06 PM
This is a god damn shame

Hahahaha. Best alias idea ever.

fikus222
04-09-2008, 12:09 PM
This is a god damn shame

Hilarious !!!!!!!!

But still this sucks...I live in wonderful Vallejo and have had UPS deliver packages to random people resting on my front porch. For what its worth, I feel your pain.

amyzzz
04-09-2008, 12:11 PM
bwahahahaha!

fikus222
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
bwahahahaha!

Evil Grrlie

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 12:16 PM
we're all just really high on Prince right now, I know I am

vogina
04-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I posted this on the radiohead thread, but it needs to be heard

My WASTE pre-sale ticket was on its way to being delivered to my home in Sunny Isles, FL, got the e-mails saying so. Come today, hmm I still haven't gotten it, let me track the order

lo and behold, the order has been delievered and signed for, yet I don;t have it! what the fuck???

contact the postal service, but what's the best they can do? it's already been delievered, its out of their hands, they offered for me to "file a complaint". thanks.

apparantly an R VALERO signed for it, checked the white pages, no such listing in my area.

so right now, at this very moment, it seems I spent $77 on heartache

shitty.

What the fuck are you doing on here? You should be spending countless hours trying to find who the fuck that is, the person who delivered the letter from the post office, and tracking down this asshole who has your ticket. FOR FUCK SAKE, GO FUCK THAT ****** MEXICAN UP

betao
04-09-2008, 01:51 PM
****** mexican... is that almost like a double negative?

amyzzz
04-09-2008, 01:51 PM
a double racism.

paulb
04-09-2008, 01:53 PM
sorry buddy, you gonna do Ebay now or something?

BlackSwan
04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
****** mexican... is that almost like a double negative?

well it's definitely negative, that's for sure.

canexplain
04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
be sure to let us know how this ends up ok .....x****

Sonicifyouwantit
04-09-2008, 06:20 PM
how was it delivered to this other person? how did they know what it was?

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 07:47 PM
how was it delivered to this other person? how did they know what it was?

I honestly don't know sonic, and I really don't think they knew it was a radiohead ticket in that envelope, some sort of mixup that i'm sure happens ALL THE TIME. WASTE will save me (please)

suprefan
04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Is your adresss correct? And why cant you ask the appartment manager who the hell that person is?

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Is your adresss correct? And why cant you ask the appartment manager who the hell that person is?

well, I have no way of knowing what the adress on the actual package is, but WASTE has my correct adress, and i'm going tomorrow to check that out, we're gonna get to the bottom of this people!

suprefan
04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Well email them in a couple hours, dont forget the time difference. Contact now, you get a response in the morning.

sbessiso
04-09-2008, 08:11 PM
what? WASTE? I did already, they responded saying they'll "investigate", which makes me feel a little better

vogina
04-09-2008, 11:40 PM
a double racism. prejudice at the very most.

well it's definitely negative, that's for sure.
haha!

what? WASTE? I did already, they responded saying they'll "investigate", which makes me feel a little better

Nice. You try your hardest to get to the bottom of this issue, sure enough, the bottom will get to you in the end and it will all be resolved with another ticket being mailed or the post office returning the original package because the first recipient was kind enough to return it to the post office.

****** mexican 4 life!

sbessiso
04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
problem solved!

new ticket will be at will call, god bless WASTE and fuck you US POSTAL SERVICE

iv3rdawG
04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Glad to hear that :)

suprefan
04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I assume they are cancelling the other physical ticket. Opps on them when they realize it.

canexplain
04-12-2008, 11:08 AM
yea haaaaa ,enjoy the show dude ...x****

sbessiso
04-12-2008, 11:09 AM
no, of course theyre canceling the other ticket, they said that the postal department said it was delievered to the right adress, which is a crock of shit, mmm radiohead, the week after coachella, cinco de mayo

suprefan
04-12-2008, 11:13 AM
OPENING NIGHT. Thats the big kicker. Reharsals are a few days before, thats gonan be interesting.

sbessiso
04-12-2008, 11:15 AM
indeed, and this is the first time i'm seeing radiohead, so imagine the excitement in my stomach, its gunna really explode after coachella, right now im all about prince, but i already have my "supplies" for radiohead

chiapet
04-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Glad to hear your ticket is getting replaced. The post office fucks this stuff up all the time, they handle a lot of documents and even if the person is not totally incompetent, they end up mis-delivering eventually. A lot of people don't even look at the name when they sign (though the mail man should).

I hate Fedex for just that reason. The driver for my area is either dyslexic or just sloppy, he is always delivering my stuff to this person down the street (he almost always transposes the numbers in the address when delivering). It sucks because this other person is a slimeball and never willingly gives my stuff back.

sbessiso
04-12-2008, 11:19 AM
yeah seriously chia, i'm in no way surprised this happened, I can barely imagine how often this happens a day, i'm just so thankful that the chaps over at WASTE were so helpful

nationocean
04-12-2008, 11:24 AM
yay for sbessiso!

Ardentbiscuit
04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
It will all work out, I will talk to my ticket guy on Monday.

MyFilmLife
04-12-2008, 02:20 PM
problem solved!

new ticket will be at will call, god bless WASTE and fuck you US POSTAL SERVICE

Awesome! Congrats! :-)

R VALERO
04-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Cool, I'll see you there.

sbessiso
04-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Cool, I'll see you there.

too funny, but sorry son, your shit is canceled, if you can still find a way, join our tailgating party in the parking lot, tequila shots!