PDA

View Full Version : well im screw coachella!! im going to Lollapalooza!!

Hugo1
04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I KNOW NO ONE CARES BUT REALLY YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT LINE UP. RADIOHEAD
AND NO JACK JOHNSON, PLUS RAGE AND NINE INCH NAILS. DAMN WELL I DON'T CARE I ALREADY SOLD MY THREE DAY PASS AND THE MONEY I GOT FROM IT I PAID FOR THE LOLLA TICKETS. :) HERES THE LINE UP IF YOU DON'T KNOW

Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Nine Inch Nails
Kanye West
Wilco
The Raconteurs
Louis XIV
Love and Rockets
Gnarls Barkley
Bloc Party
The Black Keys
Broken Social Scene
Lupe Fiasco
Flogging Molly
Mark Ronson
Cat Power
The National
G. Love & Special Sauce
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
Explosions in the Sky
Brand New
Gogol Bordello
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
Dierks Bentley
Okkervil River
Amadou & Mariam
Blues Traveler
John Butler Trio
Girl Talk
Your Vegas
CSS
Eli "Paperboy" Reed & the True Loves
Battles
Steel Train
Jamie Lidell
Bang Camaro
Butch Walker
The Blakes
Mates of State
Tally Hall
Spank Rock
White Lies
Brazilian Girls
Magic Wands
Chromeo
Electric Touch
Duffy
Innerpartysystem
The Kills
The Postelles
Rogue Wave
The Parlor Mob
The Go! Team
Bald Eagle
Mason Jennings
Krista
The Gutter Twins
Ha Ha Tonka
Yeasayer
Witchcraft
Grizzly Bear
We Go To 11
MGMT
Sofia Talvik
The Weakerthans
Booka Shade
Santogold
Black Kids
Black Lips
Dr. Dog
Nicole Atkins & the Sea
The Ting Tings
Kid Sister
Office
The Cool Kids
What Made Milwaukee Famous
Does It Offend You, Yeah?
The Whigs
Manchester Orchestra
Foals
Uffie
The Octopus Project
Cadence Weapon
Ferras
De Novo Dahl
Noah and the Whale
Margot & the Nuclear So and So's
K'NAAN
Serena Ryder
Newton Faulkner

WattsUp
04-07-2008, 11:07 AM
well im screw coachella!! im going to Lollapalooza!!

http://www.lafferty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/fail-24.jpg

amyzzz
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
The lollapalooza lineup in my email this morning just about made me cry.

Drewfus46
04-07-2008, 11:37 AM
If your so stoked on it then why are you still here in the coachella forum go somewhere else coachella hater! We dont need people like you here anyway you sir are a douche

Wheres the beef?
04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
No electronic music = FAIL

paulb
04-07-2008, 11:41 AM

GIRL TALK!!

http://musicglob.com/wp-content/GirlTalk.jpg

Im just fuckin around...ya, its weak.

kreutz2112
04-07-2008, 11:41 AM

thats what I was scrolling down to post.

humanoid
04-07-2008, 11:42 AM
I absolutely love Coachella, but I feel Lollapalooza destroys it this year with that lineup....pretty impressive

that being said, Coachella will still be incredible

Sonicifyouwantit
04-07-2008, 01:08 PM

I see booka shade there, but still no dance tent. Great rock lineup but a lot of them will be at coachella as well.

microserfs21
04-07-2008, 01:27 PM
GIRL TALK!!

http://musicglob.com/wp-content/GirlTalk.jpg

Im just fuckin around...ya, its weak.

I know you are just joking and even though Girl Talk is really fun to see and I would see him again. I could give a shit if he was on a festival lineup.

woogie846
04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Lolla has a really great line up, but Coachella is still the one for me.

ThomThom
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Music Festivals suck.

bballarl
04-07-2008, 05:36 PM
This is a pretty broad statement, but Coachella is the only festival that seems to reunite bands and feature artists that aren't really present at other festivals. Lollapalooza's lineup is good, but this lineup is a rehash of every other festival this year, plus bands Coachella has already had and reunited, etc. There is something to be said for leading the pack.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-07-2008, 07:37 PM
May I offer the opinion of someone who is unable to attend Coachella this year? I, for one, am pumped about Lolla because I get to see Booka Shade. However, while this is probably the strongest Lolla lineup ever (new, Grant Park Lolla, anyway), if it was a Coachella lineup, it would probably be the weakest ever, no question. Snappity snap. Sick beats for breakfast.

betao
04-07-2008, 08:33 PM
While both Coachella and Lolla both have impressive lineups, Coachella still wins for me.

Lolla has yet to step up and add more than 2 or 3 EDM acts a year. Also, Coachella has more acts that are harder to see outside of a festival this year (unless you live in Europe).

Lolla, you are quite strong indeed, but you still lack diversity and more "rare" acts.

psycobetabuckdown
04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
If I lived in the Midwest and hadn't already seen Rage twice last year, Lollapalooza would win. I do think it has a better lineup overall, but there are certain acts at Coachella that make it a must-see for me (Portishead, Aphex, a few other of my personal must-sees). Therefore, I have no problem with Lolla being overall better. I'm seeing Radiohead and Broken Social Scene at Outside Lands, and Nine Inch Nails I'm sure I'll see eventually.

braundiggity
04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Lolla's got the better lineup, and I'd be going if I lived in Chicago. But I love my Coachella, and a lot of those headliners have headlined coachella recently. So I'm content with my festival.

€uroMeinke
04-07-2008, 09:59 PM
It's a strong line-up, but I notice the bands I most want to see are bands previous Coachella's introduced to me.

JClemy
04-07-2008, 10:02 PM
You're right buddy. No one cares.

Lolla is ok. But Coachella is Coachella. Most of those bands have made the rounds at Coachella or they are going to every other city in North America.

clumsy342
04-07-2008, 11:35 PM
First of all, you can't beat the magic of the Polo Fields.

Second, that IS a great lineup.

But, we didn't even go on Sunday last year so we kind of skipped Rage.

I saw NIN in 2005.. It was good, but I'm not a HUGE fan.

Saw Radiohead at Coachella in 04. Amazing! I believe I saw them at their best.

So I'm okay with missing this.

EDIT: They got The Kills AND Octopus Project?!!?? Goddamn. I really wanted them at Coachella this year!

flowbee
04-08-2008, 01:02 AM
#2-4 on that list don't do a damn thing for me, them or their fans.

So basically its Radiohead and slightly less cool secondary lineup compared to Coachella.

fsm10
04-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Has anyone else noticed how Coachella's lineup announcement received mass amounts of anger initially and almost every other festival announced since has mostly received praise and kudos? Knowing that fact makes the fail pics have less relavent.

Also, "no electronic music = fail"??? Since when has Lolla been about having a bunch of electronic acts? I always remembered it as being a rock festival. Am I wrong on this? And people berate me and others when we post messages that pretty much equate to "no real headliners = fail". sheesh.

I feel like one of the few casual festival fans left at these boards. Most that remain are Coachella loyalists that will think it's the best no matter what they do and get pissed at anyone who thinks differently.

If I could afford the $500 flight to Chicago and the accomodation, I'd be at this year's Lolla in heartbeat.

elChurro
04-08-2008, 07:57 AM
lolapaloser = claustrophobia

sbessiso
04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
rage is the nail in the coffin for me

the most exciting band for me on the lineup is the black keys

Hannahrain
04-08-2008, 08:00 AM
A appreciate your appreciation for them. Just throwing it out there.

sbessiso
04-08-2008, 08:04 AM
for the black keys?

Tylerdurden31
04-08-2008, 08:14 AM
being that I got my lolla ticket for $60 and a roundtrip ticket for $161, I'm going. Coachella would've easily cost me $600 or more for the coachella ticket and the plane. Don't worry Coachella, I still love you, you've just become too soho for a south brooklyn kid to afford. Maybe next year.

sbessiso
04-08-2008, 08:16 AM
being that I got my lolla ticket for $60 and a roundtrip ticket for $161, I'm going. Coachella would've easily cost me $600 or more for the coachella ticket and the plane. Don't worry Coachella, I still love you, you've just become too soho for a south brooklyn kid to afford. Maybe next year.

dude, under those conditions I would be there in a heartbeat

superdeluxe
04-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Also, "no electronic music = fail"??? Since when has Lolla been about having a bunch of electronic acts? I always remembered it as being a rock festival. Am I wrong on this?

Yes, you are wrong on this.

Tylerdurden31
04-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Yes, you are wrong on this.

why? who did they have back in the day...

oh wikipedia...show me electronic/dance acts that have been at lollapalooza before this year

Moby
Orbital
The Orb
The Prodigy
STS9
Hot Chip
Mix Master Mike
Ghostland Observatory
Daft Punk
LCD Soundsystem
The Rapture

WOW...that's a lot...11 whole dance/electronic acts that I've counted (out of my own knowledge that might fit in the Sahara tent)

superdeluxe
04-08-2008, 09:41 AM

oh wikipedia...show me electronic/dance acts that have been at lollapalooza before this year

Moby
Orbital
The Orb
The Prodigy
STS9
Hot Chip
Mix Master Mike
Ghostland Observatory
Daft Punk
LCD Soundsystem
The Rapture

WOW...that's a lot...11 whole dance/electronic acts that I've counted (out of my own knowledge that might fit in the Sahara tent)

You forget that Lolla used to have what..15-16 bands playing, so when you have 1-2 eletronic acts out of 15 acts, that is much more of a impact.

Tylerdurden31
04-08-2008, 10:30 AM
You forget that Lolla used to have what..15-16 bands playing, so when you have 1-2 electronic acts out of 15 acts, that is much more of a impact.

the first electronic act i saw on the lists was Moby in 95 where they had at least 30 acts

Stork
04-08-2008, 10:30 AM
itll just be better if everyone goes to Coachella and then compliment it when Outside Lands. seriously. I went into the future several times, mixing and matching all the festivals. The only one to give a true religious punch was coach+OL

Wheres the beef?
04-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Also, "no electronic music = fail"??? Since when has Lolla been about having a bunch of electronic acts? I always remembered it as being a rock festival. Am I wrong on this? And people berate me and others when we post messages that pretty much equate to "no real headliners = fail". sheesh.

No electronic music = FAIL because I like electronic music and its 75% of why I go to Coachella. I don't care what kind of identity Lolla is trying to develop. I want electronic music and no electronic music = FAIL. But, thats just me. Maybe other people like the lineup. I don't care. I'm sure those who go will have a fucking blast and more power to them. Thats all.

Wheres the beef?
04-10-2008, 10:28 PM

Moby
Orbital
The Orb
The Prodigy
STS9
Hot Chip
Mix Master Mike
Ghostland Observatory
Daft Punk
LCD Soundsystem
The Rapture

Ghostland? Electronic? I dont know man that might be much of a stretch. Shit. I dont know that you can even classify Ghostland as anything because they have so many sounds/influences.

menikmati
04-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Lolla being in Chicago and completely ignoring the house scene and nearby Detroit techno scene = FAIL

betao
04-10-2008, 10:43 PM
No electronic music = FAIL because I like electronic music and its 75% of why I go to Coachella. I don't care what kind of identity Lolla is trying to develop. I want electronic music and no electronic music = FAIL. But, thats just me. Maybe other people like the lineup. I don't care. I'm sure those who go will have a fucking blast and more power to them. Thats all.

pretty much my exact same thought man.

The EDM part of Coachella is probably 80% of what I want to see at Coachella.

microcuts
04-10-2008, 10:54 PM
And people berate me and others when we post messages that pretty much equate to "no real headliners = fail". sheesh. .

Well Portishead really wasn't a real headliner, even when they were listed first on Saturday. And Jack Johnson is the current joke of this century.

But Prince and Roger Waters are two of the biggest headliners any festival could ever hope to snag. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.

Bosco
04-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Lolla being in Chicago and completely ignoring the house scene and nearby Detroit techno scene = FAIL

agreed. + the fact that it all ends at 10pm really sucks. That leaves the headlining acts with the only "dark time".

sin213
04-10-2008, 11:12 PM
or you could go to both and get the best of this year's festies!

yay coachapalooza!!!!

BeHereNOW
04-10-2008, 11:27 PM

Moby
Orbital
The Orb
The Prodigy
STS9
Hot Chip
Mix Master Mike
Ghostland Observatory
Daft Punk
LCD Soundsystem
The Rapture

no kraftwerk/underworld.... lame