PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs are set

Pages : 1 [2]

traviscanada
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Now that the Flames, Bruins, Avs, and Sharks are out I guess I am going for the Pens.

stinkbutt
05-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Here's hoping the Stars are really exhausted when they play Detroit!

Not that they'll need to be Detroit will wipe the floor with them whether they're tired or not

g0k1ngsg0
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Now that the Flames, Bruins, Avs, and Sharks are out I guess I am going for the Pens.

aww man! now they are sure to lose!

j/k

SubBass49
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
So the games are Thursday & Friday?

CuervoPH
05-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Yep. The Flyers have their first game on Friday. A win would be nice, but they can't seem to win in Pittsburgh this season. Here's hoping the playoffs change that.

edit: I should word that last sentence differently. I sound like a commercial for Versus. "This is how the playoffs change everything."

GnarVee
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
I hope dallas's plane crashes

Wheres the beef?
05-06-2008, 11:26 PM
The sharks took that shit from game 6 to game 8.

traviscanada
05-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Ya there are alot of hockey teams I kind of like, and lots I kind of dislike.... Then there are teams I hate.

My favourite 2 would be Flames/Bruins... Ones I hate include both Dallas and Detroit.

Philly I don't really care for because of their style of play, this year especially..... Patrice Bergeron is one of my favourite players and that Jones hit still pisses me off.

Penguins I've never had that big of a problem with, liked Mario and Jaromir, but HATED Ulf Sameulsson more than any other hockey player.
I don't love the team now, but also do not hate them. Also I am not the biggest Crosby fan..

Heres to the pens beating detroit in the finals.

Stainofmind
05-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Detroit outplayed Dallas today.

Stainofmind
05-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Wow...what a game.

Here's hoping the Stars are really exhausted when they play Detroit!

I'm still bitter about that Brett Hull foot-in-the-crease goal from back in the day! Time for revenge!

didnt that determine the winner of the game?

SubBass49
05-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Detroit outplayed Dallas today.

Understatement of the year?

didnt that determine the winner of the game?

Whatcha referring to? Dallas being exhausted? Possibly.

bartelby
05-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I think Detroit's got this series in the bag...

go Pens tonight

SubBass49
05-09-2008, 08:16 AM
I think Detroit's got this series in the bag...

go Pens tonight

I'm not gonna jump the gun on the Detroit series. They were BEASTS last night, but Dallas will adjust and adapt. The other games probably won't be so easy.

bartelby
05-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Detroit just has too many options what with Franzen lighting it up now...

that and it looks like Osgood is just ON now

CuervoPH
05-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Go Flyers tonight. May be too much to hope for with Timonen out, but I hope they surprise me.

edit: I mispelled "hope"? God help me.

Stainofmind
05-09-2008, 11:46 PM
My Penguins Shut Down the Flyers

Mr Evgeni Malkin had 3 points. 2 G and an A.

Young blood
05-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Srsly? hockey? go to hell you fucking Canadians you give N. America a bad name.

fuck you.

Stainofmind
05-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Srsly? hockey? go to hell you fucking Canadians you give N. America a bad name.

fuck you.

Fuck you asshole. No one invited your stupid ass to this thread. for the Record I'm Latino and out in the Bay Area Cali so I'm not Canadian.

Just cause your stupid ass got picked last in P.E..

Young blood
05-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Latino. Hockey.

hahahahahahaha

Stainofmind
05-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Latino. Hockey.

hahahahahahaha

laugh all you want.

Young blood
05-10-2008, 12:07 AM
hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaa..........hahaha hahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....almost done hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

KungFuJoe
05-10-2008, 08:25 AM
C'mon. Your handle is the title of a 1980's Hockey film dickface! Stay out of this thread & keep your eyes on the basketball playoffs while you're sucking Rob Lowe's cock you stupid twat! Hockey has no room for pussies. Except maybe Sydney Crosby & Wayne Gretzky. I'm not really angry, just find it ridiculous how many people dis on such a great sport as hockey. It's easily one of the greatest sports in the world & takes a lot more skill to play than this nations more popular sport of Basketball. ugh.

Anyways, it looks like my prediction before the playoffs is falling into place. I don't want to jinx it because the ultimate final truly will be Detroit vs Pitsburgh. I want to see the Wings whipe their asses with Crosby's jersey. It's been a great playoffs so far. Definately suprised to see the Flyers this far, but I'm in for the battle for Pennsylvania.

To me, Osgood has always been one of the most underrated goalies in the league and maybe the history of the sport. Sure, he's had some bad years, but he shined in his years with Detroit & most notably to me in his years with my number 1 team the New York Islanders. When he is ON he is one of the most poised goalies I've ever seen. He may not been as consistent throughout his career as Brodeur or Roy, but he certainly should be looked at as more than just a great 'back up" goalie. I hope he stays focused to the end & takes home another cup.

Young blood
05-10-2008, 08:59 AM
*hugz*

Cmon Im from denver. Avs. Nordiques. Its Canadas bastard child. I was trying to start a hockey fight. I <3 me some hockey. Im just pissed that we got moped by the wings.

Anybody but the red wings '08.

KungFuJoe
05-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I now see why you are so bitter. I was jokingly berating you anyhow. I was humoring your hockey fight ;)

Sad fact, I'm nearly as much of a Red Wings fan as I am an Islanders fan, however I still own an Avalanches hat from when they first moved to Denver even though I hated them back when the rivalry was fierce. I don't hate them nearly as much as when Lemieux & Fleury was on the team. Sorry your guys couldn't put up a bigger fight against the Wings this go around.

Stainofmind
05-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I am an Islanders fan

like I asked another Islanders Fan.

When are you guys going to go back to being a Dynasty?

HAHA

Stainofmind
05-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals.

Lets see if my Pittsburgh Penguins can put on a repeat from Friday.

CuervoPH
05-11-2008, 10:32 AM
The Flyers dropped the first game against both the Caps and the Canadiens, and won the second game in both. That being said, they still had Timonen then. Hard to lose a defender of that caliber when you have to face Crosby and Malkin. Oh well. Come on, Flyers!

SubBass49
05-11-2008, 11:14 AM
WTF was Ribiero thinking last night, slashing Osgood like that?!? If the NHL doesn't suspend him, you can almost GUARANTEE that McCarty will take his head off in the next game.

Stainofmind
05-11-2008, 11:35 AM
WTF was Ribiero thinking last night, slashing Osgood like that?!? If the NHL doesn't suspend him, you can almost GUARANTEE that McCarty will take his head off in the next game.

If you rewind a couple seconds before that play you will see that Osgood butt ended Ribiero with his stick therefore causing to slash back Osgood.

SubBass49
05-11-2008, 12:25 PM
If you rewind a couple seconds before that play you will see that Osgood butt ended Ribiero with his stick therefore causing to slash back Osgood.

Nah...I played hockey for 7 years...Osgood didn't "butt-end" Ribiero. Butt-ending someone is the same thing as spearing, but you use the butt of the stick instead of the blade.

What Osgood did (which is about as serious as an unintentional high-stick) was stick his blocker hand out to impede Ribiero from taking a run at Lidstrom. The impact of Ribiero hitting his arm made Osgood's stick flick back into Ribiero's face. You can see it on all the replays.

Even then, the idea that the hit to the face "caused" Ribiero to swing his stick at Osgood's throat like a baseball bat is pretty retarded. Did you see all the cheap shots Turco has taken at Wings players? Did they react? No. Ribiero is a punk bitch who (if he returns in this series) will wish he hadn't done that. I have a feeling that if McCarty gets a hold of him, his face will end up looking like a pizza with the cheese peeled off.

Bottom line though:
There is NEVER any excuse for swinging your stick at someone like that...ever.

g0k1ngsg0
05-11-2008, 01:05 PM
What Osgood did (which is about as serious as an unintentional high-stick) was stick his blocker hand out to impede Ribiero from taking a run at Lidstrom. The impact of Ribiero hitting his arm made Osgood's stick flick back into Ribiero's face. You can see it on all the replays.

I didn't see the play in question, but you are responsible for your stick even if it was unintentional, osgood has to control his stick. sounds to me like both players are at fault.

*edit: didn't see the "bottom line" part.

SubBass49
05-11-2008, 01:13 PM
VvIJtpxuSuQ

Edit...looking at the replay a few more times it's not even impact on Osgood's arm that causes the stick to hit Ribiero...it's Osgood sticking his arm out to block his forecheck on Lidstrom, then turning to see what's going on behind the net...looks like the butt end catched Ribiero near the chin or something...but the stick is taped with white tape, so it's hard to tell.

KungFuJoe
05-11-2008, 01:53 PM
like I asked another Islanders Fan.

When are you guys going to go back to being a Dynasty?

HAHA

Whenever they complete the Lighthouse project!!

In the last 9 games of the season I really like what I saw from Kyle Okposo. I hope he turns into the player some people expect. We have a good amount of young talent and with the 5th draft pick this year I hope we can bring in young gun that can score goals. The Islanders main issue is with scoring. We need a natural superstar the likes of Ovechkin. We also need DiPietro to finally start filling his shoes. He is not nearly the goalie everyone expected him to be.

We had a good shot of making a name for ourselves several years ago, but the Toronto Maple Leafs put an end to that by playing extremely dirty. Rmemeber Darcey Tucker's hit on Michael Peca? Peca has never been the same since and from then on our team has gone down hill.

With that said, I'm optomistic for the Isles future. I think Nolan & Snow will do the right thing & in a few years Long Island will be a much more respectful place to play again.

For now. GO WINGS!

g0k1ngsg0
05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
what ribiero did was uncalled for and he's done for the remainder of the playoffs IMO (even if it is only 2 games). that said, osgood did provoke it.

what's funny is I stopped watching the game right before that faceoff.

SubBass49
05-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I only caught the first period and a half, then had to leave to hit up a party...looks like I didn't miss much though...score stayed the same...I know I would have been more pissed if I saw that cheap-shot live too...lol

traviscanada
05-11-2008, 02:07 PM
C'mon. Your handle is the title of a 1980's Hockey film dickface! Stay out of this thread & keep your eyes on the basketball playoffs while you're sucking Rob Lowe's cock you stupid twat! Hockey has no room for pussies. Except maybe Sydney Crosby & Wayne Gretzky. I'm not really angry, just find it ridiculous how many people dis on such a great sport as hockey. It's easily one of the greatest sports in the world & takes a lot more skill to play than this nations more popular sport of Basketball. ugh.

Anyways, it looks like my prediction before the playoffs is falling into place. I don't want to jinx it because the ultimate final truly will be Detroit vs Pitsburgh. I want to see the Wings whipe their asses with Crosby's jersey. It's been a great playoffs so far. Definately suprised to see the Flyers this far, but I'm in for the battle for Pennsylvania.

To me, Osgood has always been one of the most underrated goalies in the league and maybe the history of the sport. Sure, he's had some bad years, but he shined in his years with Detroit & most notably to me in his years with my number 1 team the New York Islanders. When he is ON he is one of the most poised goalies I've ever seen. He may not been as consistent throughout his career as Brodeur or Roy, but he certainly should be looked at as more than just a great 'back up" goalie. I hope he stays focused to the end & takes home another cup.

I agree with the Crosby comment.

traviscanada
05-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Nah...I played hockey for 7 years...Osgood didn't "butt-end" Ribiero. Butt-ending someone is the same thing as spearing, but you use the butt of the stick instead of the blade.

Even then, the idea that the hit to the face "caused" Ribiero to swing his stick at Osgood's throat like a baseball bat is pretty retarded. Did you see all the cheap shots Turco has taken at Wings players? Did they react? No. Ribiero is a punk bitch who (if he returns in this series) will wish he hadn't done that. I have a feeling that if McCarty gets a hold of him, his face will end up looking like a pizza with the cheese peeled off.

Bottom line though:
There is NEVER any excuse for swinging your stick at someone like that...ever.

I hate Ribiero and his stupid antics. His stupid dive when he played for Montreal (Vs Boston in the playoffs a few years ago) made me pretty mad, especially when he did his smug wave to the Boston bench fucking clown. I still liked last year when Jamie Mclennan hacked Holmstroms stomache.

PNw8ZZT8tOU

SubBass49
05-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Say what you want about Holmstrom, but he's a clean player and pretty classy too. I understand he gets under people's skin, but he's no Sean Avery.

CuervoPH
05-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Malkin's broken stick is one hell of a penalty killer. Get him a contract. We lost Coburn. What can it hurt?

Stainofmind
05-11-2008, 05:33 PM
that was a fucken goal by Crosby. The puck went all the way in. Fucken Video Goal must not have 20/20 vision at all. Biron and Philadelphia got lucky with that call.

Stainofmind
05-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Malkin's broken stick is one hell of a penalty killer. Get him a contract. We lost Coburn. What can it hurt?

HAHA

traviscanada
05-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Say what you want about Holmstrom, but he's a clean player and pretty classy too. I understand he gets under people's skin, but he's no Sean Avery.

Ah I don't dislike Holmstrom, I just really like Jamie Mclennan.... and they were running the shit out of Kipper that game.

CuervoPH
05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
That may have done it. With two wins in Philly, there's hope, but the Flyers have had trouble winning in Pittsburgh all year. Oh well. This season already beats the hell out of the dead last finish last year.

Wheres the beef?
05-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Sharks fired Ron Wilson, yay!

Stainofmind
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Sharks fired Ron Wilson, yay!

I heard about that too. Thats sad. He is a good coach.

Stainofmind
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
I think Red Wings are going to sweep Dallas.

SubBass49
05-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I think Red Wings are going to sweep Dallas.

yay!

Stainofmind
05-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Marc-Andre Fleury for the Vezina Trophy.

JobMatchNow
05-13-2008, 07:03 AM
well i think that my red wings is going to go all the way GO RED WINGS!!!!

Stainofmind
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
My Penguins defeated the Flyers 4-1 tonight. One win away from reaching the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1992.

fober
05-13-2008, 09:53 PM
There are only 6 games of Playoff Hockey remaining.

bartelby
05-14-2008, 09:27 AM
the Pens will steal a game or two but the Wings are winning it this year

Stainofmind
05-14-2008, 07:25 PM
no cigar just yet for the Red Wings

SubBass49
05-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Fuckin' refs.

That game was HORRIBLY officiated...

-Wings goal should have counted
-AT LEASt one of the Stars goals was with a guy in the crease in Osgood's way (the same thing Holmstrom's goal was stolen over)
-Stars players practically were ass-raping Holmstrom in front without being called for it, while all it took for a Wings penalty was a slight tug

Grrrr....

And I'm gonna end up missing the Saturday game because I have to drive to fuggin' PATAGONIA, Arizona of all godforsaken places.

Argh!

CuervoPH
05-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Better late than never. Thank you for showing up to play a game this round, Flyers.

ghettojournalist
05-15-2008, 07:17 PM
wow, Philly pulled one out. good job.

Stainofmind
05-16-2008, 03:49 AM
No Cigar just yet for my Penguins. Got to wait till Sunday.

Stainofmind
05-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Come on Pittsburgh Penguins

Close out the Philly Flyers today. Don't be like Detroit who could not close out the Stars yesterday and now have to go back to hot ass Dallas, Texas.

Stainofmind
05-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Hey Flyers

na na na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye

SubBass49
05-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Goddamnit...DETROIT...DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO PLEASE...DON'T LET THIS GO TO A GAME SEVEN.

stinkbutt
05-18-2008, 10:03 PM
My two backup teams are going to the finals woot, well if the Red Wings can get it together that is

jonnypark
05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I guess Pittsburg will soon find out what it's like to play against a proper defensive team. I don't think they have enough 'heart' to take the cup, let alone steal a game in Hockey town.
Detroit in 5.

SubBass49
05-19-2008, 09:03 PM
I guess Pittsburg will soon find out what it's like to play against a proper defensive team. I don't think they have enough 'heart' to take the cup, let alone steal a game in Hockey town.
Detroit in 5.

I say Detroit in 6.

/Detroit fan.

jonnypark
05-19-2008, 09:10 PM
I've been liking Detroit more and more the less that Chelios has been playing.

SubBass49
05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I've been liking Detroit more and more the less that Chelios has been playing.

lol...he's old...and cranky...but he's still cool.

/get off his lawn.

jonnypark
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
He's just along for the ride, like Hasek.

KungFuJoe
05-20-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm going to predict, although it's probably the most obvious prediction, but
H-E-double hockey sticks it's what I want to see! Penguins vs Red Wings final.

I'm a big Wings fan that would take great pleasure in seeing them take out the Pens.

I'm happy :)

Stainofmind
05-20-2008, 01:44 AM
STANLEY CUP FINAL
(1) Detroit vs (2) Pittsburgh
Series begins Saturday

Game Date Matchup
1 Saturday, May 24, 8pm et Pittsburgh @ Detroit
2 Monday, May 26, 8pm et Pittsburgh @ Detroit
3 Wednesday, May 28, 8pm et Detroit @ Pittsburgh
4 Saturday, May 31, 8pm et Detroit @ Pittsburgh
*5 Monday, June 2, 8pm et Pittsburgh @ Detroit
*6 Wednesday, June 4, 8pm et Detroit @ Pittsburgh
*7 Saturday, June 7, 8pm et Pittsburgh @ Detroit

bartelby
05-20-2008, 05:25 AM
this is going to be one hell of a final round

i wouldn't put it past the Pens to make a serious challenge against the Wings...Detroit hasn't had to play against a team with the kind of speed that the Pens put out there and if there was any time for Crosby to show he's the next Gretzky, this is the time to do it

that being said, Zetterberg is a fucking machine and if they can get Franzen back I think Detroit takes this series in under 6 games...

SubBass49
05-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Detroit has to play hardcore though...none of this "we think we're the shit so we're gonna coast a bit" stuff that had 'em lose two to the Stars. They should have swept that series. If they play like that against the Pens, they're gonna have a rough time.

traviscanada
05-22-2008, 03:21 PM
the wait sucks

Stainofmind
05-22-2008, 06:07 PM
the wait sucks

Agreed. They should of started the series right away. Today could of been Game 1.

KungFuJoe
05-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm all set for a great series. Go Wings!

thelastgreatman
05-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Joe, since when are Asians into hockey?

jonnypark
05-24-2008, 05:12 PM

I offer the third installment in the orginal Ninja Turtles movies as a potential answer to your question.

thelastgreatman
05-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Those were American turtles though.

CARTOON ETHNICITY FACE.

jonnypark
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm talking about the live action movie where Casey Jones takes the Samuri to the Rangers game.
They have blast.

thelastgreatman
05-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I have blast.

KungFuJoe
05-24-2008, 06:42 PM

http://www.aasquared.org/images/P/RichardPark120107Islanders.jpg

SubBass49
05-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Great game...

4-0 doesn't reflect how tough of a game it really was.

/Wings fan.

jonnypark
05-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Hal Gill needs a stanley cup.

KungFuJoe
05-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Fuck Hal Gill & fuck Gary Roberts. Actually, I have nothing against Hal Gill, but I can't stand Gary Roberts. The hatred goes back to the Islanders/Maple Leafs rivalry, when Roberts injured Isbisters at the end of a playoff game. Same series Tucker took out Peca's knee. Damn, if those weren't the dirtiest fuckers those Maple Leafs.

Anyways, I don't mind if the Pens take one at home because I'd rather see the Wings hoist the Cup in Detroit. It's amazing how flawless they've played until that turnover.

KungFuJoe
05-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Now THAT was a hockey game. I'm a bit disappointed with the result, but Detroit's response after the Pens 3rd goal keeps me confident that they won't drop the series.

SubBass49
05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Grrr...the refs really tucked away their whistles ANY TIME that someone tried to anally rape Holmstrom in the 3rd. I was SHOCKED that they bothered to call the two penalties against Gill. After that though, I guess the Pens coach bitched enough to get them to stop calling penalties when his players would try to cross-check the back of Holmstrom's skull.

Oh well...gives us at least one extra game to watch...I guess it's good in that way.

KungFuJoe
05-31-2008, 08:19 PM
my condolences Stain. You never know though. Detroit dropped Game 5 against Dallas at home. I think you're right though. Detroit has been too poised this series. At this point the Pens confidence must be shot. You have a lot to look foward to in the future though. They're going to be a strong team for a while and I think this series should make Crosby an even stronger player. What's up with Malkin though?? He's playing like shit, where as I think Crosby has learned a lot from Datsyuk & Zetterberg.

Detroit needs to end this series on Monday.

Geno_g
06-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Go Detroit, and I never root for detroit, but the NHL West Conference is such a more competitive league than the East.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2247/2426152010_289af33303.jpg

Plus they are one of the original NHL teams.

Wheres the beef?
06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Wow that was pretty amazing. I sat down to watch the last 5 minutes and the Penguins looked like utter garbage like they were already given up. Then they got that goal and the red wings just turned it up so hard on the penguins.

KungFuJoe
06-02-2008, 07:45 PM
this game is going to give me a heart attack

Stainofmind
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
yes my Pens are still ALIVE. I take back everything I said.

KungFuJoe
06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
http://limelight-191.static.dailymotion.com/dyn/preview/160x120/1396191.jpg My pens! My pens!

congrats stain. As a wings fan I must say they deserved the win. I knew the stupid fans would jinx it by chanting "we want the cup".

BobCaygeon
06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
http://limelight-191.static.dailymotion.com/dyn/preview/160x120/1396191.jpg My pens! My pens!

lol, whoa, flashback

KungFuJoe
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
thank god the Red Wings prevailed! i love how the officials failed to call both an interference penalty against Datsyuk w/ 3 minutes left & a trip against Datsyuk within the last minute, but will call anything against the Wings to get the Pens back in the game.

Stainofmind
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Fuck You Detroit.

I seen you guys win the cup in 97, 98, 2002, and now 2008.

you guys win your 4th so what. it is not news for me.

SubBass49
06-04-2008, 09:01 PM
thank god the Red Wings prevailed! i love how the officials failed to call both an interference penalty against Datsyuk w/ 3 minutes left & a trip against Datsyuk within the last minute, but will call anything against the Wings to get the Pens back in the game.

Yeah...the officiating was pretty horrible in the last two games.

but...

WINGS WIN!!!!
LOL!!!!
Screw SINDY CROSBABY and all of his suck-ups.

stinkbutt
06-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Fuck that was a good game but in all honesty who didn't know the wings were gonna win I really wanted the pens to win tonight that way Detroit could at least win it at home. Winning the cup at an away game kinda sucks if you ask me.

Wheres the beef?
06-05-2008, 12:14 AM

Dude, do you know how LAME it would have been for the wings to end the series and clinch the cup on a powerplay? They'd just be sitting there playing keep away for the last minute or so. So anticlimatic. I liked the ending as it was. A few seconds here and a few inches there and that shit would have been going to OT.

KungFuJoe
06-05-2008, 08:09 AM
I agree with you to the extent that NO penalties should have been called in that last few minutes unless they were blatant and harmful.

SubBass49
06-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I agree with you to the extent that NO penalties should have been called in that last few minutes unless they were blatant and harmful.

Almost ended up costing the Wings the win at the last second. The no-call against Datsyuk resulted in a turn-over that led to a scoring chance for Pittsburgh. It should have been called.

traviscanada
06-06-2008, 12:17 PM

congrats stain. As a wings fan I must say they deserved the win. I knew the stupid fans would jinx it by chanting "we want the cup".

haha one of my favourite Kids in the Hall sketchs.