PDA

View Full Version : Rage/Radiohead + more at Lollapalooza

ThunderInTheSky
04-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Rage, Wilco, Kanye, Bloc Party, Malkmus on for Lolla?

Plus: BSS, Cat Power, Gnarls, Raconteurs, Grizzly Bear, Girl Talk, Lidell, Go! Team, Battles?

The big names apparently picked to play Lollapalooza 2008, confirmed according to the Chicago Sun-Times, ought to give even the most discerning concertgoer plenty to smile about.

Or brood about: if what the Sun-Times tells us is true, previously mentioned Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails are indeed playing, as are the reemergent Rage Against the Machine. Other goodies: Kanye West, Wilco, the Raconteurs, Gnarls Barkley, Cat Power, Broken Social Scene, Stephen Malkmus (the Sun-Times doesn't indicate whether he'll be joined by the Jicks), Bloc Party, Girl Talk, Battles, Grizzly Bear, Jamie Lidell, the Go! Team, the Cool Kids, Kid Sister, the Black Keys, and Mates of State.

With so many must-sees on one festival lineup, overlap of course becomes an issue. Let's just hope all these fine people are collectively playing against, um, Blues Traveler and G. Love & Special Sauce.

Lollapalooza 2008 takes over Chicago's lovely lakeside Grant Park from August 1-3, and Perry Farrell is scheduled to make the official lineup announcement on Monday, April 7.

menikmati
04-04-2008, 09:34 AM
um yeah, cool lineup, but guaranteed to have the worst set times of any festival, so uh yeah...enjoy that.

hobomilitia
04-04-2008, 10:17 AM
seems like they're a little late on the whole rage reunion...

bludevil007
04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
arent radiohead and NIN playing too? if so, this blows our little festival out of the water - i'll have to go to both. Chicago blows compared to the desert, at least we still have that.

Trailmix
04-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Also from what I hear the crowds suck at Lolla.

GnarVee
04-04-2008, 12:39 PM
seems like they're a little late on the whole rage reunion...

word lol.

Once Kanye realizes hes not headlining one of the dates, hes out for sure.

paulb
04-04-2008, 02:15 PM
hopefully settimes arent too horrible...but its Lollapalooza, so of course they will be.... but atm, all I gotta do is see 3 bands and they wont be conflicting...so im all good.

betao
04-04-2008, 02:19 PM
word lol.

Once Kanye realizes hes not headlining one of the dates, hes out for sure.

seriously. they should give a black man a chance to headline the festival.

Tylerdurden31
04-04-2008, 02:33 PM
ya know, when I went in 2006, I really had no problems with the set times...as far as i can remember

BlackSwan
04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
um yeah, cool lineup, but guaranteed to have the worst set times of any festival, so uh yeah...enjoy that.

Also from what I hear the crowds suck at Lolla.

Both very true, I love this line up, but will never go to Lolla ever again. Also can someone else please start another Lolla thread? I'm not sure there are enough already.

huhwhat
04-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Both very true, I love this line up, but will never go to Lolla ever again. Also can someone else please start another Lolla thread? I'm not sure there are enough already.

NO! It is a meat-head, frat boy vibe. Half of the crowd are bored Chicago and Midwest kids that have nothing better to do that weekend, so show up and get wasted all day. It's pretty horrible.

I will completely confirm this as well... it's a shame that one of the worst festivals in the country has one of the best line ups.

why does such a crappy fest have to have such a good line up.

STP is going to be awesome, Lolla sucks tho.

the vibe is awful. you can tell a lot of the crowd doesn't care that much about music. major of meat head, frat boy, midwest scene. seems like a lot of people were there just because they didn't have anything to do that weekend. lot of a sound bleed between the stages and in the worst ways, like having a local/small band stage right behind the same stage LCD Soundsystem played... major wtfs.

last year's Lolla was the worst festival I have ever been to and the line up was awesome.

Hey, Mr. BS Supredouche II, we enjoy your gazillion posts about Lolla. Keep them coming as we really want to know what's your real feelings of Lolla.

frozen pilgrim
04-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I smell a RATM north american tour

frozen pilgrim
04-04-2008, 06:07 PM
maybe a select cities thing, eight shows maybe

deeznutz
04-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Lolla's fun.

In 2006 I saw The Flaming Lips, Thievery Corporation, Manu Chao back to back to back perfectly going between two enormous baseball fields sitting corners from each other.

paulb
04-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Lolla's fun.

In 2006 I saw The Flaming Lips, Thievery Corporation, Manu Chao back to back to back perfectly going between two enormous baseball fields sitting corners from each other.

myspace & at&t?