PDA

View Full Version : Tent or Canopy?

bdfsh
04-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Okay so me and a friend are camping and we're kind of torn on what to buy to sleep in. I want a small compact tent, he wants a big screened in canopy.
So I had a couple questions..

Would it be worth it to haul the bigger luggage (canopy) or would you just suggest bringing a tent?

and 2nd, the canopy we're looking at is 9x13, with 2 people we have an alloted spaced of 8x16; so do you thhink we could use the canopy anyways?

I'm pretty sure we'll bring the canopy and I'm pretty sure other campers wont mind; I just want to hear the opinions of fellow coachellians...

jenja
04-04-2008, 12:52 PM
If I remember correctly the sites are set up in rows... you can only expand one way... the other way is a set 8 feet. Between each 8 foot row is an aprox. 2 foot path between the rows that the fire marshall walks down daily to be sure that you are not blocking the path AT ALL. So it would work if it were 8 by 17 and you just had to convince your neighbor to let you intrude a bit but beings it is not 8 feet or less in any direction I don't see it working... I suggest finding one that is a bit smaller...
Hope I helped a bit...

M Sparks
04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Actually, they are two 8 foot squares back to back. A group of 4 people can have a 16 x 16 space.

BUT, it's going to depend a lot on your neighbor. My tent for two people is 8 x 12. So if I am on the other side of you, there's simply no way you could set it up , no matter how nice I am.

apachedino
04-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Bring both, then you have a tent and some shade so your tent doesn't heat up to a bazillion degrees at 8 A.M.