PDA

View Full Version : Take a Stand

Yablonowitz
01-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Lay it down now. Let's hear it. Who you pulling for?

garrett222
01-31-2007, 09:38 AM
in what? the festival or the presidential race??

J~$$$
01-31-2007, 09:38 AM
JESUS!

Yablonowitz
01-31-2007, 09:39 AM
How were you guys able to post before I made the poll? This board is odd.

full on idle
01-31-2007, 09:40 AM
da bearss

J~$$$
01-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Broncos 4 life.

DenverSanFranConnection
01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Broncos 4 life.

yeah, that was pretty sweet being in Denver when the Niners knocked your sorry asses out of the playoffs lol

I go with Indy because i want all of the Chicago people i live with to be sad.

All That I Am
01-31-2007, 09:46 AM
GO RAIDERS!

mozabilly54
01-31-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't care.

Alchemy
01-31-2007, 09:49 AM
I am rooting for Bjork this Super Bowl.

schoolofruckus
01-31-2007, 09:53 AM
SanFranDenver, you will be burned at the stake.

As for the game that determines who gets to keep the Super Bowl trophy warm until the Broncos win it next year, I'm absolutely pulling for the Bears. I don't want to have to eat crow on all my "Peyton Manning will never win a Super Bowl" talk; I also want to hear every NFL analyst on the planet have to shut up and stop knobbing him for a moment when they realize he just lost to Rex Grossman.

It could happen.

HAIRYGOOMBA
01-31-2007, 10:00 AM
"HAIL MARY PASS!" There, that's all I know about football.

ocpathfinder
01-31-2007, 10:01 AM
http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/celebrity/images/Rock/prince-purplereign.JPG

bartelby
01-31-2007, 10:03 AM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa

bearssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss

NeverMyopic
01-31-2007, 11:05 AM
I am a Packers fan through and through, but I have to support the NFC North. Kind of hate the Bears, but it's a love-hate-respect type thing, so I want them to win.

york707
01-31-2007, 11:18 AM
I truly don't care, and I am really looking forward to wacthing it, but I voted for Indy to ensure I will never hear again about how Manning can't win a big game. I really just want let all the sports programs and writers get it out of their system.

CiderMouseRules
01-31-2007, 11:41 AM
The delusion of all the Bears fans is positively adorable.

schoolofruckus
01-31-2007, 12:07 PM
So are Peyton Manning's feebly-diguised attempts to be likeable and sell MasterCards, DirectTV subscriptions, etc.

But I like your screen name, CiderMouse.

Kali27
01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Chargers let me down so Im totally goin with the Bears!

thefunkylama
01-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Chargers let me down

And you were surprised by this?

mountmccabe
01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Lay it down now. Let's hear it. Who you pulling for?

Wait, the poll question says "Who Will Win the Super Bowl" and you're asking "Who you pulling for?" Those are totally different questions.

I voted for the Bears based on the first question... to answer the second I don't really give a rat's ass.

shmamber
01-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Bears!

chunk
01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
"HAIL MARY PASS!" There, that's all I know about football.

thatl move the chains...

JustSteve
01-31-2007, 04:30 PM
grossman's gonna choke...

hawkingvsreeve
01-31-2007, 04:33 PM
And you were surprised by this?

How did the Raiders do this season, Alma? Oh, that's right. They won 2 games. 2. Hmmm.

Yablonowitz
01-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Wait, the poll question says "Who Will Win the Super Bowl" and you're asking "Who you pulling for?" Those are totally different questions.

I voted for the Bears based on the first question... to answer the second I don't really give a rat's ass.

I realized that after I wrote it, but whatever....do whatever.

thefunkylama
01-31-2007, 05:27 PM
How did the Raiders do this season, Alma? Oh, that's right. They won 2 games. 2. Hmmm.

Yes, but this does not surprise me.

pewter14
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I just want to see Peyton Manning cry ...

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/_photos/2005-12-19-inside-manning.jpg

he's such a baby.

Mr.Nipples
01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
anyone ever see that movie henry:portrait of a serial killer?

clerk:how 'bout those bears?
henry:...Fuck the bears.

Stefinitely Maybe
02-01-2007, 06:41 AM
There was one game (I can't remember when exactly) where the Colts were way ahead, and it was late in the fourth quarter, and the opposing team messed up, and Manning could have just run the ball into the endzone and run up the score, but instead he took a knee and let the clock run out. I always thought he was pretty cool since then.

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Colts will win. I want the Bears to win.

schoolofruckus
02-01-2007, 09:11 AM
There was one game (I can't remember when exactly) where the Colts were way ahead, and it was late in the fourth quarter, and the opposing team messed up, and Manning could have just run the ball into the endzone and run up the score, but instead he took a knee and let the clock run out. I always thought he was pretty cool since then.

That doesn't erase the dozens of games in which Manning kept throwing for the endzone even when his team was up 20 or 30 points. Look it up. There were a bunch of games in 2004, when he set the single-season TD record, in which his team was scoring in the 40's while the other team was in the teens, and he's throwing for 4, 5, 6 touchdowns. Six fucking touchdowns, against the Lions, on Thanksgiving, on a day when the Lions only scored 3 field goals. Real classy guy. That was the day where I began to hate him, and I don't even like the fucking Lions.

His records will forever reek of chasing, and that's why he deserves to die with no rings on his fingers.

Disco!
02-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I voted colts, but I've only really started watching football this year(time differential is a bastard) and from everything I've heard, Manning does deserve to win it.
At least it's better than the shit I've had to put up with about the Saints possibly winning it.

Disco!
02-01-2007, 09:41 AM
That doesn't erase the dozens of games in which Manning kept throwing for the endzone even when his team was up 20 or 30 points. Look it up. There were a bunch of games in 2004, when he set the single-season TD record, in which his team was scoring in the 40's while the other team was in the teens, and he's throwing for 4, 5, 6 touchdowns. Six fucking touchdowns, against the Lions, on Thanksgiving, on a day when the Lions only scored 3 field goals. Real classy guy. That was the day where I began to hate him, and I don't even like the fucking Lions.

His records will forever reek of chasing, and that's why he deserves to die with no rings on his fingers.

So what? Should a team with a great lead start taking knees? Or just end the game when there's a massive point differential?
If anything going for the end-zone gave the Lions plenty of chances for interceptions.
Don't hate on a guy for wanting to be the best at what he does, it's why he gets paid what he does.

chunk
02-01-2007, 10:53 AM
i cant believe the bears are winning this poll. im pretty sure theyre going to get blown out.

no surprises, grossman makes two mistakes early in the game that puts chicago in a hole they cant climb out of. the colts will score on nearly every possession.

41 - 13.

Lamedar
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
I can't believe schoolofruckus isn't gay

J~$$$
02-01-2007, 10:59 AM
hahahaha nice avatar

Lamedar
02-01-2007, 11:01 AM
You should see the picture of you mom on my desktop. It's more erotic

bug on your lip
02-01-2007, 11:03 AM
*giggle*

J~$$$
****!!

J~$$$
what the fuck I cant say P I N G

Lamedar
02-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Be one with mother-earth and she may allow you, but to be one with her you have to sleep with her.

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 11:20 AM
So what? Should a team with a great lead start taking knees? Or just end the game when there's a massive point differential?
If anything going for the end-zone gave the Lions plenty of chances for interceptions.
Don't hate on a guy for wanting to be the best at what he does, it's why he gets paid what he does.

No, a team with a lead should run the ball, protect its lead, and not try to show up a clearly inferior team. Not to mention the potential injury risks to your QB... I wish the Lions (or any other team that got blown out by the Colts that season) would have unleashed an all-out blitz and thrown Peyton on his ass. I completely agree with schoolio's statements. And your point of "going for the end-zone gave the Lions plenty of chances for interceptions" is just not right. I don't want to come across as being mean, but that statement sounds baseless and uninformed.

Lamedar
02-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I just got watching a simulation match on Madden on my PS3 and it was a tie

TomAz
02-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Whoever is voting for the Bears doesn't know shit about football. sorry.

Yablonowitz
02-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Pledge: If the 'ears win, I will use 'om's line as my sig for an entire year.

TomAz
02-01-2007, 11:57 AM
go ahead and crown their asses yablo

Yablonowitz
02-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Maybe we should make this a little more interesting. I'm going to think on this.

schoolofruckus
02-01-2007, 12:02 PM
No, a team with a lead should run the ball, protect its lead, and not try to show up a clearly inferior team. Not to mention the potential injury risks to your QB... I wish the Lions (or any other team that got blown out by the Colts that season) would have unleashed an all-out blitz and thrown Peyton on his ass. I completely agree with schoolio's statements. And your point of "going for the end-zone gave the Lions plenty of chances for interceptions" is just not right. I don't want to come across as being mean, but that statement sounds baseless and uninformed.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Let's keep in mind, Peyton Manning's running back in 2004 was Edgerrin James, who (at least before he got to the Cardinals) was one of the absolute best rushers in the league. Peyton absolutely did not need to pad his stats the way he did; it helped his team in no way other than to get media coverage for his numbers.

Also, I will go ahead and admit that part of the reason I despite the Colts so much is that they've tormented my team (the almighty Broncos) so much in recent years. But I also feel like they're a supremely overrated bunch with a mysteriously-adored quarterback that I find the definition of hateable - I mean, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who notices all his sideline temper-tantrums anytime any of his teammates botches a play or they have to punt. Every time they get exposed, he's over there making that trademark whiny face, slapping his thigh pads, yelling at everyone else. When they lose big games (like Pittsburgh last year), he throws his line under the bus, or starts a press conference feud with his place kicker....and this is the guy that is America's football darling? There's a line around the block to lick this guy's taint?

And in this 2006 NFL season - which has been one of the flat-out wackiest in recent memory - I can see no more perfect an ending than the Bears, a team from the clearly-inferior NFC, taking home the title.

york707
02-01-2007, 12:43 PM
wUVsxwivkHA

schoolofruckus
02-01-2007, 12:43 PM

Says the guy who roots for the Cardinals every year.

TomAz
02-01-2007, 12:52 PM
I root for the Cardinals because they're the only team I have. I don't expect them to win, though. except when I drink the Kool Aid in the offseason.

GrayRobot
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
super bowl....... booring....

pewter14
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM

That's what people said about the Patriots when they played the Rams ...

TomAz
02-01-2007, 01:00 PM
not me.

two words. Rex Grossman.

kreutz2112
02-01-2007, 02:06 PM
super bowl....... booring....

Is the superbowl played by ghosts or something?

breakjaw
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't know but I predict a midget with a guitar will play a Foo Fighters song...

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself. Let's keep in mind, Peyton Manning's running back in 2004 was Edgerrin James, who (at least before he got to the Cardinals) was one of the absolute best rushers in the league. Peyton absolutely did not need to pad his stats the way he did; it helped his team in no way other than to get media coverage for his numbers.

Also, I will go ahead and admit that part of the reason I despite the Colts so much is that they've tormented my team (the almighty Broncos) so much in recent years. But I also feel like they're a supremely overrated bunch with a mysteriously-adored quarterback that I find the definition of hateable - I mean, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who notices all his sideline temper-tantrums anytime any of his teammates botches a play or they have to punt. Every time they get exposed, he's over there making that trademark whiny face, slapping his thigh pads, yelling at everyone else. When they lose big games (like Pittsburgh last year), he throws his line under the bus, or starts a press conference feud with his place kicker....and this is the guy that is America's football darling? There's a line around the block to lick this guy's taint?

And in this 2006 NFL season - which has been one of the flat-out wackiest in recent memory - I can see no more perfect an ending than the Bears, a team from the clearly-inferior NFC, taking home the title.

Gabe, I think you and I are in complete agreement on every aspect of Manning/the Colts here. In my mind, THE defining moment of Manning's career was throwing his O-Line under the bus after that loss... That same O-line protected his ass every Sunday, gave him time to put up his crazy numbers (even his "off" years are statistically exceptional), and all this when opposing defensive game plans were "Blitz, blitz, blitz until someone rips Manning's head off". It was a petty act by a prima donna, king of the hill douche. And yes, the ball licking that surrounds Manning is completely and utterly inexplicable to me. I hate him as a commercial "actor" and absolutely despise him as an athlete.

TomAz
02-01-2007, 03:10 PM
his O-line did suck in the Steelers game. Manning was just telling the truth.

corbo
02-01-2007, 03:20 PM
dont care

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
his O-line did suck in the Steelers game. Manning was just telling the truth.

Courtesy of Bill Simmons (aka "the Sports Guy" from espn.com)
The Peyton Manning Award for Worst Performance in a Playoff Game
With apologies to Tom Brady, who was uncharacteristically sloppy for two straight weeks and made the single-worst throw of his career (the pick to Champ Bailey), I still think Manning gets this award for his Tony Eason impersonation against the Steelers. More than everything else, quarterbacks need to come through in the clutch, carry themselves like the coolest guys on the field, inspire confidence in their teammates (no matter how bleak the situation), respect the coach's decisions and be quality teammates even in the face of adversity. Manning did none of these things on Sunday. And I'm not sure even A-Rod would have muttered the "I'm trying to be a good teammate" line. Some guys rise to the occasion in big games, some guys shrink from the occasion. He's one of the shrinkers. But if you're playing a 2-10 Lions team on Thanksgiving with three days to prepare, he's your guy.

OK, me now: Remember, he waved the punting unit off during that game on a 4th and 2 (the second time that season that he had directly disobeyed Dungy, who happens to be his coach). And the subsequent press conference was a train wreck in terms of Peyton's already low likeability. The "I'm trying to be a good teammate" statement, followed by a 3-4 minute stretch of him throwing his O-Line under the bus was just plain wrong. Can you imagine Joe Montana, John Elway or even Tom Brady doing something like that? You address issues like that behind closed doors, not in front of the worldwide media. And before anyone plays the "he was frustrated immediately following a loss" card, remember that his interview was a full 30-40 minutes after the game ended. He had already gone into the locker room, changed clothes, had ample time to take out his frustrations with the linemen. I've got money wagered on the Colts to win the Super Bowl, but I hope it's Jim Sorgi throwing the game winning TD for the Colts after Manning gets his body completely mangled by Ogunleye or Urlacher.

pewter14
02-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I reiterate ...

I just want to see Peyton Manning cry ...

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/_photos/2005-12-19-inside-manning.jpg

he's such a baby.

He reminds me of Dan Marino ... he's a fantstic talent, but he's always pointing out how the other folks on his team screwed up ... always whining ... he deserves the same fate as Marino too ... records galore ... with no ring.

schoolofruckus
02-01-2007, 04:44 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/040915_manning.jpg

I'm dying to see this face again on Sunday night.

nothingman00
02-01-2007, 04:46 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/040915_manning.jpg

I'm dying to see this face again on Sunday night.

..as he heads off the field with a torn labia.

J~$$$
02-02-2007, 12:30 PM
4a1AegGKjY0

Good Days Last
02-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Prince is a total douche just cutting that guy off before he could ask his question.

J~$$$
02-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Im sure it was a totally bitchin question like "prince who do you think will win the superbowl?".....or "will you pull a totally outrageous stunt like Janet and show Americaz your fruitbowl?" or some other totally awesome question that everyone wants to know.

Yablonowitz
02-02-2007, 06:32 PM
This will be the first time I've watched the halftime show in years.

pewter14
02-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Courtesy of The Onion

(the last line makes it worth it)

Peyton Manning Overjoyed His Commercials Will Finally Appear In Super Bowl
February 1, 2007 | Issue 43•05

INDIANAPOLIS—Colts quarterback Peyton Manning took a moment during Super Bowl Media Day Tuesday to acknowledge his "deep, abiding joy and pride" that, after many years of attempting to make his presence felt on advertising's biggest stage, his commercials would finally be coming to the Super Bowl. "There's no greater honor for a major player in the endorsement game than to get to the Super Bowl," said Manning, a three-time AdWeek MVP who is attempting to prove once and for all that he can land the big campaign. "My dad was a great pitchman, but he never got here. People said I would never get here. But on Super Bowl Sunday, Sprint, DirecTV, MasterCard, Sony and I plan to prove them all wrong. I guarantee it." Manning will also be playing quarterback for the Colts during the game, although he is not expected to be televised nearly as much in that capacity.

nothingman00
02-03-2007, 10:36 AM
It's been said, but his commercials make my ears and eyes bleed.

Coachellian
02-03-2007, 02:07 PM
bears! and bears will win over gorillaz

Boourns
02-03-2007, 02:21 PM
QS5cOAwSTS4

york707
02-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Common and Kanye West - Southside Superbowl (http://www.canyouseethesunset.com/music/_common_and_kanye_southside_superbowl.mp3)

corbo
02-03-2007, 09:38 PM
the super what?

TomAz
02-03-2007, 11:13 PM
http://www.geocities.com/bangbongz/contort/contortx.jpg

breakjaw
02-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't know but I predict a midget with a guitar will play a Foo Fighters song...

Just Sayin...

TomAz
02-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Maybe we should make this a little more interesting. I'm going to think on this.

Good thing you thought on it and then realized I was right. Otherwise it'd be off to the mall with your videocam again.

schoolofruckus
02-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Alright, alright, alright, Peyton fuckface is a Super Bowl champion and MVP. Let's all bow down, yada yada yada.....I won $200 in my office squares poll, so I don't give a rat fuck about who won.

TomAz
02-05-2007, 07:59 AM
methinks thou dost protest too much

and hey -- you were complaining about Manning in all those TV commercials. wtf is (was) John Elway then?

while I'm on the subject.. I would not have given the MVP to Manning. The best you could say is that he didnt' screw up. I'd've given the MVP to the entire Colts OL. or share it between Rhodes and Addai.

Yablonowitz
02-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Good thing you thought on it and then realized I was right. Otherwise it'd be off to the mall with your videocam again.

Yeah yeah. But you don't have to be all smug about it. I never made the high on my mighty horse claim than anyone who disagreed with me didn't know shit about football. You punk.

I will beat you on something, tom...you can bet your az on it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Meh....

TomAz
02-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I will beat you on something, tom...you can bet your az on it.

yes. Air Supply trivia, probably.

TomAz
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
somebody just voted for the bears.

Yablonowitz
02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
yes. Air Supply trivia, probably.

Ha. I should remind you that one of the Raiders two wins was against the Cardinals.

chunk
02-05-2007, 12:27 PM
that ball sure seemed slippery.

TomAz
02-05-2007, 12:34 PM
yeah like it was raining baby oil or something. well. south florida. maybe it was.

TomAz
02-21-2014, 02:35 PM
I think the Colts will win because they are better than the Bears and stuff.