PDA

View Full Version : EMI to release Radiohead - "Greatest Hits"

betao
04-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Didn't see a thread for it, so here you go

http://consequenceofsound.net/2008/04/03/emi-releases-readioheads-greatest-hits-details/

"Radiohead’s “ex-label” EMI has finally released the album art and the track list for their upcoming Radiohead: The Best of album. Due for release on June 2, the included songs will give listeners a nice variety of songs, exemplifying the band’s evolving sound over their 16+ years of existence.

According to ateaseweb.com, the collection will be out in three versions - a single cd version, double cd version and a 4 LP limited edition box.

Disc 1:
Just
Paranoid Android
Karma Police
Creep
No Surprises
High and Dry
My Iron Lung
There There
Lucky
Fake Plastic Trees
Idioteque
2+2 = 5
The Bends
Pyramid Song
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Everything In Its Right Place

Disc 2:
Airbag
I Might Be Wrong
Go To Sleep
Let Down
Planet Telex
Exit Music (For A Film)
The National Anthem
Knives Out
Talk Show Host
You
Anyone Can Play Guitar
How To Disappear Completely
True Love Waits

The band isn’t too fond of a EMI “Greatest Hits” release, indicated in guitartist Ed O’Brien’s recent comments to Canadian musicTV. “They’re planning to do a greatest hits for April, May to coincide with our tour,” said O’Brien. “That’s an interesting one. We won’t be doing any promotion for that, obviously.”"

suprefan
04-03-2008, 07:53 AM
I could make abetter mix than that, its just sad.

betao
04-03-2008, 09:16 AM
I actually don't think the mix is that bad. Wonder why there is no material from IR...

PassiveTheory
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't. It's clear to me: EMI doesn't own any of the In Rainbows material, so they can't put it on this collection without RH's permission, and you read how irritated Ed is about it, imagine what Thom thinks of what EMI's doing...

Still, this, I suppose, will be a good place for new RH fans or idiots like me to start from, in the future.

betao
04-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't. It's clear to me: EMI doesn't own any of the In Rainbows material, so they can't put it on this collection without RH's permission, and you read how irritated Ed is about it, imagine what Thom thinks of what EMI's doing...

Still, this, I suppose, will be a good place for new RH fans or idiots like me to start from, in the future.

Yeah I came up with that conclusion too. The last sentence is my post was meant to be kind of sarcastic, probably wasnt obvious enough.

They need to replace Go To Sleep with Where I End And You Begin

suprefan
04-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I dont see how you leave Morning Bell out of that thing...

Sexecutioner
04-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I dont see how you leave Morning Bell out of that thing...

i hate that song.

ThomThom
04-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Morning Bell (Kid A version) is fucking brilliant.

Sexecutioner
04-03-2008, 09:46 AM

sorry, i cant stand it. same goes for a few other songs on the kid a/amnesiac albums. "like spinning plates" should be renamed "like nails on a chalkboard".

ThomThom
04-03-2008, 09:47 AM
sorry, i cant stand it. same goes for a few other songs on the kid a/amnesiac albums. "like spinning plates" should be renamed "like nails on a chalkboard".

Sweet Jesus no sexecutioner, have you heard the live version of LSP on the live recordings album, easily one of their best.

betao
04-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Morning Bell on Kid A is amazing.

The studio version of Spinning Plates is alright, but the live version is awesome. I hope they play that in Bristow.

Sexecutioner
04-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Sweet Jesus no sexecutioner, have you heard the live version of LSP on the live recordings album, easily one of their best.

lol. of course ive heard it. while ill admit it's definitely way better live, it still sucks compared to the most of their stuff, imo. i just hate that style of theirs.

i guess thats the great thing about radiohead, they have so many different sounds, that there's something for everybody.

ThomThom
04-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I guess so... I'm definitely more prone to liking their experimental stuff.

Oh by the way, I still fucking hate you for that Romo post... "Never Forget".

*sniff*

fikus222
04-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I wonder if the vinyl will be as expensive as their other vinyl releases ?

Sexecutioner
04-03-2008, 09:57 AM
ok, after listening to kid a's morning bell again just now, i know why i hate it. i cant stand tom's voice when he sings like that. it ruins it all for me. "wheeered ya paaaaark thaa caaaaar". argh, im so glad he stopped singing like that (for the most part) in later albums.

Sexecutioner
04-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I guess so... I'm definitely more prone to liking their experimental stuff.

Oh by the way, I still fucking hate you for that Romo post... "Never Forget".

*sniff*

yea, im more of a bends/okc/httt guy myself.

and LOL, dont trip. at least you won more than 4 games last year. i wish my team would choke in the playoffs, cuz that would mean they actually made it to the playoffs.

fasttrack
04-03-2008, 10:04 AM
i've got a better version of the greatest hits. it's called "radiohead discography".

suprefan
04-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I wonder if the vinyl will be as expensive as their other vinyl releases ?

Is this coming out on vinyl? Hmmm, I would invest in that, a RH mixtape on vinyl, works for me. Since its a double LP I would say it will cost $25 - 30. I dont see how thats more ''expensive'' than some of the others. HTTT, OKC and Kid A are the only double LP's, so their price is justifiable. In Rainbows was $13 at amoeba.

fikus222
04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Is this coming out on vinyl? Hmmm, I would invest in that, a RH mixtape on vinyl, works for me. Since its a double LP I would say it will cost $25 - 30. I dont see how thats more ''expensive'' than some of the others. HTTT, OKC and Kid A are the only double LP's, so their price is justifiable. In Rainbows was $13 at amoeba.

They say it will be 4 LPs. I think that I paid $40 for OK, but $13 for In Rainbows is a great price.

Astrid
04-03-2008, 02:42 PM
i wouldn't say one of their best, but it is indeed fucking brilliant.

ThomThom
04-03-2008, 03:26 PM
i wouldn't say one of their best, but it is indeed fucking brilliant.

I meant one of their best LIVE.

Blinken
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
eh i will probably pick this up

i_like_cake530
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM

I like the Amnesiac version better personally

i_like_cake530
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM

Blasphemous...

i_like_cake530
04-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Songs that are missing:

Subterranean Homesick Alien: This one is just unexcuseable...
You and Whose Army?
Optimistic
Morning Bell (either Kid A or Amnesiac)
Life in a Glasshouse

suprefan
04-03-2008, 04:47 PM
They say it will be 4 LPs. I think that I paid $40 for OK, but $13 for In Rainbows is a great price.

I paid $25 for OKC, where did you buy your vinyl? I have only bought one off WASTE, that was Amnesiac, it was only $30.

i_like_cake530
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
supre you are one post away from 11,111... just lettin you know...try not to douche it up if possible.

canexplain
04-03-2008, 05:10 PM
supre you are one post away from 11,111... just lettin you know...try not to douche it up if possible.

he passed it up ... stick numbers are big for me and my lady ... stick time 111 or 1111 ... that is imho what we teach our children .. simple things first , so stick time are those times ... and every 1xxxxx we play the game ... and i will buy that series, just to have it ... x***

suprefan
04-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Didnt even see it, I wonder what 11111 was. Guess we'll never bask in the glory.