PDA

View Full Version : Campground Scalpers

braxtron
04-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Last year was my first Coachella...It was totally teh sicky sick. But I noticed that every morning at the camp site people were walking around saying that their friend died, etc. and they now had an extra day pass for sale...Obviously we can't know for all of them, but has anybody bought these tickets? Do they tend to be legitimate? How would I know a legit tick vs. someone selling photocopies? The reason I ask is that they were selling tickets for $20-$60/day and that would be a way more financially awesome thing to do, as compared to TicketMaster.

So any input would be rad...Thanks!

JClemy
04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I had a friend who bought a ticket for sunday from a dude who said he had to leave cause his Grandma died. The dude didn't even up the price. He was legit and pretty cool.

braxtron
04-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Anybody else have any experiences? Can I go planning on picking up tix from the campgrounds?

And if that fails, GV sells tix every morning, don't they?

emtgreg
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
gv does sell tix every morning...assuming they dont "sell out" (lawl)

on sat last year I was chilling in line for food, and this dude in front of me gets a phone call, it went something like this:

"Hey dude, where you at?"
"wait, what?"
"the tickets you bought outside were fake?"
"wait, what?"
"what the fuck, can you find the guy again?"
"what the fuck...im sorry, how much did you pay? 100 bucks?, were they real tickets?"
"e-tickets? you bought e-tickets from a scalper for 100 bucks?"
"yeah, you are fucked"

davidbarr
04-06-2008, 11:50 AM
yes getting e-tickets would be silly, only proper ones should be bought, and you can usually tell as they'll have some ticketmaster watermarks on them (i have e-ticket this year butno doubt people can tell you what's on the genuine ones as far as watermarks and shiny bits go!)

braxtron
04-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah, but even then...I've called tix in lost before and TicketMaster "supposedly" invalidates them and has you pick new ones up at will call...Well I found my tickets and tried 'em for the heck of it after picking up my will call tickets and the old ones worked. I remember last year the scalpers going for $20-$60 so I think I will just try that and then go to GV if it's one of the days I can't miss, haha

FSlater
04-07-2008, 01:27 AM
What does GV stand for?

breakjaw
04-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Gino Vannelli.Sometimes he has comps for his "friends".
bxpzynFSHZk

gaypalmsprings
04-07-2008, 06:10 AM
What does GV stand for?

Gianni Versace

M0CLpbAezOY

nephilima
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
i never bought one but i did try to sell one last year. One of the guys i was camping next to came down with a friend and they were gonna camp for the whole festival but after day one he got a hotel for himself and only showed up for the end of day two and in the morning for day 3 tells us that he can't do the heat and he's heading home and then gave us his ticket and left. we tried to sell it but know one trusted us i guess so we called a bunch of friends to see who wanted it and just gave it away...

braxtron
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I'll camp by you guys this year...Haha. Maybe I'll make some posters or something "Looking for tix..." Do you think I'd be more likely to get ripped off if I was asking people or if I bought from someone who was trying to find a buyer...? I know no one knows the answer to this, just something to think about, maybe even reflect on...

And sweet answers to GV, that's EXACTLY who I'm planning on buying my tick from as a last resort hahaa

Xenocide
04-08-2008, 10:15 AM
What does GV stand for?

Giant Vaginas

braxtron
04-08-2008, 09:00 PM
This post explains what GV is all about pretty good... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

psychic friend
04-08-2008, 09:22 PM
just buyer beware is all. nuff said.