PDA

View Full Version : Bus from LAX?

BritAbroad
01-31-2007, 05:32 AM
Hi all,

I'm flying into LAX from the UK, and will be travelling to the site on the Thursday (camping).
How long is the journey from LA to the site, and are there regular buses/coaches/rail/anything?

thanks!

Philthy
01-31-2007, 07:10 AM
Use the Carpools section of the website. Plenty of people will be going from LAX and willing to share a ride. You can go to the Greyhound bus website and see times on there.

BritAbroad
01-31-2007, 07:48 AM
Use the Carpools section of the website. Plenty of people will be going from LAX and willing to share a ride. You can go to the Greyhound bus website and see times on there.

cheers
there will be about 4 or 5 of us so a carpool is out of the question, but thanks - I'll have a look at Greyhound.

Gota40ftsquidinmyfridge
01-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi all,

I'm flying into LAX from the UK, and will be travelling to the site on the Thursday (camping).
How long is the journey from LA to the site, and are there regular buses/coaches/rail/anything?

thanks!

have you booked your plane tickets yet? Surely its easier to fly to palm springs airport thats only 24 miles from coachella and by the looks of it thats only like from the campsite to the arena lol

ciaoq
01-31-2007, 09:57 AM
rent a car, its what i did last year and it was much easier

Rhydz
01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
how much is rental from thursday till monday? how longs the drive from LA?

Courtney
01-31-2007, 05:08 PM
how much is rental from thursday till monday? how longs the drive from LA?

Rental prices: http://www.kayak.com/?tab=cars
Drive time: http://www.mapquest.com/directions/

Although drive time really depends on what time of day, because of traffic...

BritAbroad
02-01-2007, 07:11 AM
thanks for the replies peeps.
Flights are booked! We're flying into LA to have a couple of nights there and look around before the fest. I've looked into it and it seems there are buses and trains fairly regularly to Palm Springs? Then I suppose maybe a cab from there?
Don't fancy hiring a car because it seems a bit of a waste of money to have it sat in a car park for 4 days!

Elazarus
02-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm looking to fly to LAX from UK and then looking into the Greyhound.

Can someone tell me which stop I need to go to which is closest to the festival, and also which stop I need to go onto which is closest to the LAX aiport:

Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Olympic, CA
Los Angeles Wall, CA

Thanx for any replies

vicorintian
02-02-2007, 06:44 AM
mmm since the rent a car thing was sugested.
want do you need to rent/drive a car in the states? passport? your home country´s license?
dont want to get pulled over an miss the show!