suprefan
03-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Works for me, now they need to play here,

fatbastard
03-31-2008, 10:09 AM
It'll be a ghost town.

rage patton
03-31-2008, 10:45 AM
oh my dear Lord Jesus Christ. This is the best news I could ever ask for. This is even better then Madness. Like... I am so fucking happy right now.

Now, is Jerry a part of this though? Obviously Terry is. And Neville and the rest of the boys are most likely onboard. But is Jerry?

Sushov23
03-31-2008, 12:24 PM
FUCK YES, this year is going to be nuts.

yonicsouth
03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
I saw the at Warped Tour in 98 and thought they were amazing they played last too, right after NOFX and Rancid...who were amazing as well! I am looking forward to this.

rage patton
03-31-2008, 01:31 PM
I saw the at Warped Tour in 98 and thought they were amazing they played last too, right after NOFX and Rancid...who were amazing as well! I am looking forward to this.

Yeah... but that barely classifies as a Specials reunion. Neither Terry NOR Jerry were a part of it. I am not sure if Neville Staple was either. I still have no doubt it was awesome, but it wasn't THE Specials. That is why I am curious if Jerry will be a part of this reunion. From Terrys comment "You do it with dignity or you don't" it sounds like he is saying Jerry is in. Which would be amazing.

yonicsouth
04-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Whatever, I was there AND YOU WEREN'T!!!! SO THERE!!!

rage patton
04-02-2008, 12:30 AM
I said I bet it was still awesome...

seachanges
04-02-2008, 12:58 AM
This is so rad, I'll be in london from Aug to nov : )

fasttrack
04-02-2008, 02:10 AM
i saw them a while back at warped tour as well.

the specials at coachella would make my life.

clarky123
04-02-2008, 03:27 AM
Saw them again in glasgow about 2.5 years ago. Terry Hall was playing a DJ set on the site, finished that and then joined the current line up on stage. This is a great act to see live and could, if added, possibly change my mind about travelling over the pond and going this year (yes, 'that good').

jazzz
04-02-2008, 09:16 PM
oh my dear Lord Jesus Christ. This is the best news I could ever ask for. This is even better then Madness. Like... I am so fucking happy right now.

Now, is Jerry a part of this though? Obviously Terry is. And Neville and the rest of the boys are most likely onboard. But is Jerry?

Terry would not do it unless Jerry was involved. They are good mates again. Jerry Dammers does have a new band "The Spatial AKA Orchestra" which sounds jazzy/sun ra. I have been waiting for a real Specials reunion for years. If they don't come to the US(I think They will) then I will be going the UK.

rage patton
04-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I didn't know they were friends again. That is awesome. And I haven't heard Jerry Dammers new project, but I have heard Terry Halls work with the Dub Pistols, and it sounds great. And does Neville Staple and His Band... his new band.
And I really hope they come to North America. I am sure they will. But if they don't, I might have to start looking into plane tickets to the UK.

jazzz
04-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I didn't know they were friends again. That is awesome. And I haven't heard Jerry Dammers new project, but I have heard Terry Halls work with the Dub Pistols, and it sounds great. And does Neville Staple and His Band... his new band.
And I really hope they come to North America. I am sure they will. But if they don't, I might have to start looking into plane tickets to the UK.

yeah I like the Dub Pistols stuff. Jerry's project is just live at the moment but I think the label SoulJazz will release something from him. You probaly already know but Terry did release "The Hour of Two Lights" in 2003. It's great after it grows on you.