PDA

View Full Version : What would be your dream Radiohead setlist?

JSam67
03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
20 song max. Here's mine, in no particular order:

Paranoid Android
Karma Police
The National Anthem
Exit Music (for a Film)
Fake Plastic Trees
You and Whose Army?
2+2=5
Planet Telex
Idioteque
The Tourist
Airbag
Morning Bell
Bodysnatchers
Reckoner
Go to Sleep
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Pyramid Song
Climbing Up the Walls
Where I End and You Begin
Lucky

gratytrainridesagain
03-28-2008, 12:37 PM
No videotape?

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Radiohead doing ALL jack johnson covers....

yeah!

Blinken
03-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Radiohead doing a cover of Disturbed's album "The Sickness"

suprefan
20 song max. Here's mine, in no particular order:

Paranoid Android
Karma Police
The National Anthem
Exit Music (for a Film)
Fake Plastic Trees
You and Whose Army?
2+2=5
Planet Telex
Idioteque
The Tourist
Airbag
Morning Bell
Bodysnatchers
Reckoner
Go to Sleep
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Pyramid Song
Climbing Up the Walls
Lucky

Thats like 90 mins maybe. 24 max, get with the times.... I have seen all those songs played except Reckoner...

Somewhat Damaged
Fake Plastic Trees
Black Star
Street Spirit
Airbag
Paranoid Android
Exit Music (for a film)
Let Down
Climbing Up the Wall
No Surprises
The National Anthem
How to Disappear Completely
Idioteque
You and Whose Army
Life in a Glasshouse
There There
Nude
All I Need
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape

Boourns
03-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Not so much in setlist order, but more in oldest to newest:
Just
Talk Show Host
Paranoid Android
Let Down
Lucky
The Tourist
Idioteque
Optimistic
Everything in its Right Place
Life in a Glass House
There There
Wolf at the Door
Nude
All I Need
Reckoner
Last Flowers
15 Step
Down is the New Up
True Love Waits

And since we usually get 23-24, and not 20:
Arpeggi
You and Whose Army?
Cuttooth
The Trickster

gratytrainridesagain
03-28-2008, 12:53 PM
I heard somewhere that Thom wanted videotape to be the opening track is there anyone here who can shed some light on this

fikus222
03-28-2008, 12:54 PM
My RH tastes lean to their older stuff:

lucky
my iron lung
airbag
All I need
exit music
the bends
Videotape
let down
paranoid android
like spinning plates
nice dream
electioneering
climbing up the walls
no surprises
talk show host
bones
just
fake plastic trees
black star
the tourist
street spirit
thinking about you
nude

JSam67
03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Thats like 90 mins maybe. 24 max, get with the times.... I have seen all those songs played except Reckoner...

Bully for you. 20 is a jumping-off point, but it's a nice round number that forces you to really narrow down your selections. This is for discussion purposes, to see people's different tastes in one band alone. But I'm happy you've gotten to see RH a million times while some of us have not, and thank you for always reminding everyone.

ThomThom
03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Talk Show Host 20 times, in 20 different languages.

fikus222
03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I understand your point, but they have been performing 23-25 songs a night since '97 or so.

ThomThom
03-28-2008, 01:10 PM

And since we usually get 23-24, and not 20

I understand your point, but they have been performing 23-25 songs a night since '97 or so.

Come on guys, all the guy asked for was 20 songs, why be typical Radiohead doucheboys, just give your twenty and shut the fuck up for the love of god. This isn't an "Official Radiohead King of the World setlist - Please follow all Radiohead policy and procedures" thread.

fikus222
03-28-2008, 01:11 PM
But I wanna do what I wanna

JSam67
03-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Well, then I would add A Wolf at the Door, Talk Show Host, Subterranean Homesick Alien, There There and After the Gold Rush --> Everything in its Right Place. I've never seen Radiohead, embarrassingly, and obviously the more, the better. And graty, I'm actually not a huge fan of Videotape, probably my least favorite track on In Rainbows.

Thank you, ThomThom. Couldn't have said it better.

Sushov23
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I seriously can't narrow it down to 20, so I'm not even going to attempt. All I can say is I'll be happy with whatever 20-27 songs Radiohead plays when I see them

fikus222
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, then I would add A Wolf at the Door, Talk Show Host, Subterranean Homesick Alien, There There and After the Gold Rush --> Everything in its Right Place. I've never seen Radiohead, embarrassingly, and obviously the more, the better. And graty, I'm actually not a huge fan of Videotape, probably my least favorite track on In Rainbows.

Thank you, ThomThom. Couldn't have said it better.

Ah, but in a round about way we were letting you in on the good news, that you could expect more songs in their live show.

Supre mentioned in another thread that they were supposedly rehearsing 70 songs for the upcoming tour, so there is even more good news.

BlackSwan
03-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box
Bangers + Mash
Pyramid Song
No Surprises
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Paranoid Android
Bodysnatchers
Reckoner
Electioneering
Karma Police
L. Down
Airbag
House Of Cards
Faust Arp
Kid A
Optimistic
Just (You Do It To Yourself)
15 Step
2+2=5
National Anthem

suprefan
03-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Talk Show Host 20 times, in 20 different languages.

You be funny.

BlackSwan
03-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Thom Yorke's Lazy Eye DJ Set

humanoid
03-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Anyone can play Guitar
Blowout
Planet Telex
My Iron Lung
Bulletproof
Black Star
Paranoid Android
Climbing Up The Walls
Lucky
Exit Music
Follow me Around
Talk Show Host
Kid A
Everything in its right place
Idioteque
Motion Picture Soundtrack
Dollars & Cents
Pyramid Song
Like Spinning Plates
The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
Transatlantic Drawl
2+2=5
Go to Sleep
Wolf at the Door
15 step
Big Ideas
Reckoner

sorry....I didn't count, so please don't impose your super radiohead fandom and chastise me for it...

...and fuck House of Cards....worst Radiohead song ever written

Alchemy
03-28-2008, 01:49 PM
I'd be happy just seeing The Bends played in its entirety and then they can fill the rest with whatever they want.

wmgaretjax
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Just Cuttooth. That is my only request. And as little from the Bends as possible.

humanoid
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd be happy just seeing The Bends played in its entirety and then they can fill the rest with whatever they want.

that would make for a great set

amyzzz
03-28-2008, 07:58 PM
All of In Rainbows
Everything In Its Right Place
Pyramid Song
Packt like Sardines
Polyethelyne Parts 1 and 2
My Iron Lung
Lucky
Paranoid Android
Idioteque
Like Spinning Plates (piano version)

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-28-2008, 10:13 PM
I'd like the whole of The Bends, all of OK Computer, with Stephen Hawking performing Fitter Happier, finishing with a huge, stretched out version of Pyramid Song that goes on for about 20 minutes with Thom just losing his mind for the last 10!

betao
03-28-2008, 10:29 PM
fitter happier intro
The National Anthem
There There
Arpeggi
Kid A
Lucky
Sit Down, Stand Up
Spinning Plates (piano)
Morning Bell (Kid A version)
15 Step
Nude
Planet Telex
Bodysnatchers
Exit Music
In Limbo
You and Whose Army
Nice Dream
Karma Police
Idioteque
Pyramid Song
---
encore 1

Fake Plastic Trees
Paranoid Android
Videotape
House of Cards

---
encore 2

Everything in its Right Place

HunterGather
03-28-2008, 11:22 PM
15 Step should open all their shows on this tour. Just my opinion :)
Or Everything In Its Right Place then 15 Step

humanoid
03-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Why do so many people like House of Cards? it has got to be the least inventive, most simplistic, uninteresting song Radiohead has ever created

butitdidhappen
03-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Kid A
The National Anthem
There There
Climbing Up the Walls
I Might Be Wrong
Talk Show Host
In Limbo
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Myxomatosis
You and Whose Army
Paranoid Android
Exit Music (For A Film)
Let Down
Idioteque
Reckoner
Like Spinning Plates
Lucky
A Wolf At the Door
Life in a Glasshouse

En. 1
Fake Plastic Trees
Pyramid Song

En. 2
Videotape (old version)
The Tourist

anti-square
03-29-2008, 05:15 AM
Just play fitter happier for 2 hours straight

amyzzz
03-29-2008, 06:47 AM
I just realized I forgot to add any of HTTT. So 2+2=5 or Myxomatosis or I Will

thelastgreatman
03-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Oh man, I remember how much I wanted to kill each and every one of you when you did this in the In Rainbows thread for like 2 fucking weeks straight.

How about set times? Anybody got any guesses for when each of your Radiohead sets would be slotted? I think JSam's will get the Outdoor at around dusk. Allow me to give you my lunatic reasoning...

suprefan
03-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Oh man, I remember how much I wanted to kill each and every one of you when you did this in the In Rainbows thread for like 2 fucking weeks straight.

How about set times? Anybody got any guesses for when each of your Radiohead sets would be slotted? I think JSam's will get the Outdoor at around dusk. Allow me to give you my lunatic reasoning...

Mine would go Sahara tent unopposed........

thelastgreatman
03-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Supre, no one would go to yours. If you haven't noticed, everyone in life avoids you like the plague. A plague in a silly hat.

suprefan
03-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Supre, no one would go to yours. If you haven't noticed, everyone in life avoids you like the plague. A plague in a silly hat.

Yet you like to be the poster boy of this supposed ''plague''.

nationocean
03-29-2008, 10:35 AM
fuck it, read the title of this thread and wanted to post before i read anybody elses. also i will put it as my dream radiohead concert, not just a set list.

this is exact order:

The stage is filled with mist and white lights are pumping feverishly. The stage looks like a destroyed city, with towers of metal and glass. A wasteland.. then a bunch of kids come running out, like screaming 9/11 style then for no reason at all they start to dance around the stage all crazy like.

Radiohead float down from outer space (where these alien gods come from) and hit the stage to open with:

15 Step (with full child choir)
Talk Show Host (in spanish, for no reason)

Then as if a monster is roaming the destroyed city behind them... the stage starts to shake. An army of robots appear and chase away the children.. They tear into..

The National Anthem

Helicopters fly overhead and from them a rope drops a shadowy figure slides down and joins them on stage. It's Bjork. They back her as she duets with Thom on;

Exit Music (for a film)

Bjork then grows 100x times her size and runs off terrorizing the neighboring cities. The crowd cheers.

The balls out walls out back to back songs;

Airbag
My Iron Lung
Lucky

and then all the members of pixies, dressed as radioactive mutants emerge from the rubble behind radiohead.. they join them to play;

blowout
where is my mind?

the pixies go insane and stab each other to death, radiohead takes a moment for the bodies to be swept off the stage.

INTERMISSION

Jon Brion, in a clown costume comes on stage with a stand up piano and plays;

Creep, as Tom Waits.

Radiohead come back on stage and jon plays piano while thom sings;

Pyramid Song
Videotape

Then the group is joined by Sonic Youth, Jarvis Crocker, the White Stripes, Beck, Bill Clinton and Betty White.. all wearing wolf masks. They dance around as Radiohead plays

A Wolf at the Door
We Suck Young Blood
There, There

Radiohead join the other wolves as the put on masks. John Mayer jumps on stage from the crowd, guitar in hand and plays;

Kid A, acoustically

Then, acid rain starts falling from the sky, a giant yellow eye robot peers through the back of the stage. The wind picks up and as it approaches Radiohead play;

sit down. stand up
electioneering
climbing up the walls

SECOND INTERMISSION

Chris Martin comes on stage and admits his entire career is a sham and he jerked off to radiohead since he was in college hoping one day to steal all of radiohead's ideas.. Thom takes a sword and sticks it through Chris's face.

Everyone cheers.

Michael Stipe comes on stage and reads Declaration of Independence, backwards..

the earth starts to shake, a giant violet spiral appears in the night sky. it is a black hole, the acid rain poors harder, the crowd is insanely cheering. thom grabs a malfunctioning day glow chainsaw and spins it around as the band plays

Idioteque
Optimistic

Just then, Jesus Christ appears from the sky as the second coming. He lands on the stage and picks up a guitar and plays with Radiohead:

Planet Talex
The Bends

The sparks from the chainsaw lights up the stage, Thom fights off the giant yellow eyed robot monster as fiter happier voice repeats in the background. The force of the black hole starts tearing the earth apart.

The band plays;

Life in a glass house (full backing blues band)

as everying starts getting sucked up into the black hole, the band finishes with

Like Spinning Plates

Earth is then completely destroyed. The universe soon follows.

All is quiet.

wmgaretjax
03-29-2008, 10:58 AM
2 + 2 = 5
Kid A
The National Anthem
Optimistic
Exit Music
Morning Bell
Cuttooth
Pyramid Song
Knives Out
Nude
Arpeggi
You and Whose Army
Dollars and Cents
Sail to the Moon
the gloaming
Climbing Up the Walls
Lucky
Everything in it's Right Place

Encore 1:
There There
Wolf at the Door
Fake Plastic Trees

Encore 2:
All I Need
Motion Picture Soundtrack

//OnThePulse\\
03-31-2008, 12:36 PM
that's epic nation.

Boourns
03-31-2008, 12:40 PM
As for setlists that will actually happen...out of the new material, I hope Down Is The New Up stays in regular rotation this tour, and Last Flowers and Reckoner get played often.

wmgaretjax
03-31-2008, 12:52 PM
As for setlists that will actually happen...out of the new material, I hope Down Is The New Up stays in regular rotation this tour, and Last Flowers and Reckoner get played often.

I was not big on Down Is the New Up live. I'm really hoping for both of those others as well. From the last tour, my favorites off the new album are Nude, Videotape, and All I Need live.

fikus222
03-31-2008, 03:34 PM
From the last tour, my favorites off the new album are Nude, Videotape, and All I Need live.

Me too.

From what I recall they didn't play All I Need and Videotape in the same night, makes me kind of nervous, since I am prolly only going to OSL.

amyzzz
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't get All I Need I think. I must hear that live. For the love of God, they have to play 6 or 7 songs from In Rainbows at APW.

fikus222
03-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Well I was wrong, they played All I Need and Videotape in the same night multiple times last tour i.e San Diego and the LA Greek (29th).

So now I can hold out hope for those two songs together at OSL.

Edit:

They haven't played Talk Show Host since 4/26/04 in Australia...I like hose odds.

sbessiso
04-02-2008, 05:13 AM
when I hear that first beat from "15 Step", I'm gonna explode

amyzzz
04-02-2008, 09:37 AM
me too.

Another shout-out for Polyethelyne (part 2, at least). I really want to hear that live. I listened to it this morning.

dnham
04-02-2008, 10:43 PM
TO NATIONOCEAN: THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.

I laughed lots and at the same time, was quite pleased with the visuals and decided that I TOTALLY would love all of that. The only thing missing though...is the Flaming Lips coming in from a UFO or something, and then they can all start singing a more optimistic Radiohead song...though right now I can't think of any.

dnham
04-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh, and my dream setlist would at least involve:

no surprises
lucky
house of cards
videotape
weird fishes
exit music for a film
bulletproof...i wish i was

heck, any setlist will do, i love every song too damn much!

Boourns
04-03-2008, 08:11 AM
I was not big on Down Is the New Up live. I'm really hoping for both of those others as well. From the last tour, my favorites off the new album are Nude, Videotape, and All I Need live.

you're insane. Ditnu absolutely destroyed videotape live.

dnham
04-03-2008, 11:28 AM
To add onto Nationocean's epic recounting of his dream Radiohead concert.
My friend's addition:

"Amazing, i would have had the ghost of johnny cash shown via 3-d gorrillas style projector sing, fitter happier. Think about it... The crowd realized the technology being used is that of damon Alburn,they scream.... He appears from the crowd and they part like the red sea for moses. When he takes the stage with a keyboard grafted into his arm he preforms a live remix of

No Surprises with Last of living souls, kids with guns and everything in its right place"