PDA

View Full Version : Justice in SF last night - anyone else go?

Jakewc151
03-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Wasn't to into Justice but decided to go because a friend had invited me. Jesus I was completely blown away. At the end of their set they threw their damn keyboard into the crowd haha. Diplo owned as well. The opening band sucked major ass though.

The venue sucked major balls (caught the Chemical Brothers and The Strokes there before as well, both times the sound and the staff blew).

BUt overall it was a good show.. Anyone else able to go last night?

paulb
03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
sounds like a typical Justice night... Justice threw away a keyboard? that sounds weird... I love their live sets.... but Diplo kinda blew in Vancouver... he pretty much got crowd response when he played MIA...

Jakewc151
03-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah it was gnarly. At the end of the set one of them threw the keyboard into the crowd and then crowd surfed for a bit.. Was awesome.. Diplo was overall good until he started spinning mainstream hiphop, but yeah the crowd blewup once he started playing some MIA.

fikus222
03-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Really, the sound blew at the SF Concourse ?

I saw the Thievery Corporation there and they had the sound turned up to the max, the bass was so heavy my water bottle was breathing.

ThomThom
03-28-2008, 01:12 PM

I saw the Thievery Corporation there and they had the sound turned up to the max, the bass was so heavy my water bottle was breathing.

I really wanted to go to that Thievery show. You going to OSL fikus?

BlackSwan
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM

when did Thievery Corporation play there? how the hell did i miss that.

SFChrissy
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM

That show was pretty good but the previous show at the fillmore was even better!!!

bballarl
03-28-2008, 02:07 PM
I like the Concourse.

ThomThom
03-28-2008, 02:08 PM
The Strokes at The Concourse a couple years back was fantastic.

Jakewc151
03-28-2008, 02:14 PM

The Strokes played a good show, but overall I dislike the concourse because:
1. It takes about 10 mins to go to the bathroom
2. The staff boxes you in, so if you want to stand near the wall to get some fresh air u have to leave the main floor.
3. Water is $3
4. It gets to steamy!

Sushov23
03-28-2008, 02:29 PM
steamy, just how I like it.

fikus222
03-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Thievery Corp played the Concourse on Thurs July 20th 2006.

That weekend I saw Thievery Corp, Peeping Tom (GAMH) and J5 (Fillmore).

I am going to to OSL. It'll be with my wife (who is not thrilled about the line up, but her tastes are pretty divergent anyway) an old Coast Guard buddy who's flying in from Alaska (he's thrilled) and another long time friend (he's the reason why I saw Radiohead GA at the Warfield in '97, the ticket was my B-day present). He teaches English in Japan and will hopefully be able to extend his stay in California through the month of August.

I am really hoping that OSL has electronic acts yet to be announced. I won't be going to the Treasure Island Fest this year due to grad school beginning in Seattle on the 18th of September, so I hope they come through with the electronica to round out the bill.

Edit:

Oh yeah and OSL will be my first show after 2 months at sea in the South Pacific on the Maritime Academy's Training Ship Golden Bear.

BlackSwan
03-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I am going to to OSL. It'll be with my wife (who is not thrilled about the line up, but her tastes are pretty divergent anyway)

Same here (technically fiance).

I am really hoping that OSL has electronic acts yet to be announced.

Same here.

Wheres the beef?
03-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah pretty standard Justice show. I got blacked out.

shakermaker113
03-28-2008, 06:03 PM
why is it that justice incites mass alcohol consumption? I remember nothing of the last 1/2 of this show. I had a great time, from what I remember. I woke up this morning still wearing my contacts and found two cross tourdate posters in my room. I remember many MANY rejections, trying to dance with girls. I do remember noting that Justice had gotten better since last time they were here. I had read that here beforehand, and I think it's true.

shakermaker113
03-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah pretty standard Justice show. I got blacked out.

now that's making a molehill out of a mountain.

chiapet
03-28-2008, 06:08 PM
I missed diplo and I think the very beginning of Justice (went to an earlier show before hand). I'd forgotten how much I hate the concourse center. The sound is always horrible in there, I'd thought it would be better for a more electronic oriented set (the last show I saw there was belle and sebastian, which sounded horrible), but ehhhh. I was still pleasantly surprised by Justice though :)

Wheres the beef?
03-28-2008, 09:12 PM
I missed diplo and I think the very beginning of Justice (went to an earlier show before hand). I'd forgotten how much I hate the concourse center. The sound is always horrible in there, I'd thought it would be better for a more electronic oriented set (the last show I saw there was belle and sebastian, which sounded horrible), but ehhhh. I was still pleasantly surprised by Justice though :)

I think the sound is not so much the venue but the sound engineer. He sucked, there was not enough bass. I was yelling at him during the DANCE remix for more bass.

shakermaker113
03-28-2008, 11:59 PM
I think the sound is not so much the venue but the sound engineer. He sucked, there was not enough bass. I was yelling at him during the DANCE remix for more bass.

haha, could be worse. I went to a friend's gig tonight, the sound guy was down the street at another bar. he was drunk before anything even started. by the end, the bouncers kicked him out of the club and the cops came to talk to him. the sound guy got ejected. lol.

Wheres the beef?
03-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Sleeping in a bed.....FTW

thelastgreatman
03-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Is anyone gonna pull up a boot of one of these shows or what? People with decent ratios on dimeadozen, fucking deliver already.

Wheres the beef?
03-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Dude chill out. It was taped. Its coming.

PineapplePete
03-29-2008, 12:14 AM
what the fuck happened to Sealab 2021? i miss that show

Alchemy
03-29-2008, 09:30 AM
What did they play?

paulb
03-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Master of Puppets/The Party...that was a great mix. lol.

bballarl
03-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I am pretty sure they did that last time as well.

bballarl
03-29-2008, 09:52 AM

Yeah, and Eagles of Death Metal were solid too.

I listened to "First Impressions of Earth" for the first time in forever a couple days ago and it is not a bad record at all. The songs were much better than I remembered. I guess the only real knock on it (for me) would be that Julian's lyrics were pretty uninspired. But the tunes are good.

I hope this long break is doing The Strokes some good. I look forward to the new album and subsequent tour.