PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cornell and Timbaland collaborate.

thinnerair
03-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Timbaland Calls Collaboration with Chris Cornell His 'Best Work'

By Brian Orloff

Originally posted Thursday March 27, 2008 11:15 AM EDT

In-demand hip-hop producer Timbaland is making a rock and roll crossover. On Ryan Seacrest's "On Air" radio show Thursday, it was announced that he is producing Chris Cornell's third solo album.

"This is the best work I've done in my career," Timbaland told Seacrest. And Cornell a former member of Audioslave and, most famously, Soundgarden was equally enthusiastic about the collaboration. Said Cornell: "This is the most excited I've been about an album in years. The music is natural, not self-conscious ... open."

Predicting Cornell will be the "first rock star in the club", Timbaland says he's currently mixing the album, and hopes to release it within a month. No title or released date has been confirmed.

In February, guests at PEOPLE's pre-Grammy party at the Avalon in Los Angeles got an early taste of Cornell's new music as the rocker performed a song at the bash, which featured Timbaland and a fleet of his former collaborators including Missy Elliott. Timbaland has also famously worked with Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado on their recent projects.

humanoid
03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Timbaland Calls Collaboration with Chris Cornell His 'Best Work'

By Brian Orloff

Originally posted Thursday March 27, 2008 11:15 AM EDT

In-demand hip-hop producer Timbaland is making a rock and roll crossover. On Ryan Seacrest's "On Air" radio show Thursday, it was announced that he is producing Chris Cornell's third solo album.

"This is the best work I've done in my career," Timbaland told Seacrest. And Cornell a former member of Audioslave and, most famously, Soundgarden was equally enthusiastic about the collaboration. Said Cornell: "This is the most excited I've been about an album in years. The music is natural, not self-conscious ... open."

Predicting Cornell will be the "first rock star in the club", Timbaland says he's currently mixing the album, and hopes to release it within a month. No title or released date has been confirmed.

In February, guests at PEOPLE's pre-Grammy party at the Avalon in Los Angeles got an early taste of Cornell's new music as the rocker performed a song at the bash, which featured Timbaland and a fleet of his former collaborators including Missy Elliott. Timbaland has also famously worked with Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado on their recent projects.

is this serious?

thinnerair
03-28-2008, 09:50 AM
this is very serious.
i just listened to their Seacrest interview that they did yesterday.

humanoid
03-28-2008, 09:53 AM
this is very serious.
i just listened to their Seacrest interview that they did yesterday.

I wonder if Timbaland is going to turn Chris Cornell into a rock slut, like he turned Nelly Furtado into a generic pop slut

thinnerair
03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
I think Cornell lost a really big amount of credibility after Audioslave. The Rage guys probably aren't hit with that sort of backlash but I personally lost quite a bit of interest in Cornell after Audioslave. His first solo album had some great songs. His new solo album is pretty cheddar, but has some decent moments here and there. He might just do this Timbaland collab just to make a few bucks and hit a new market he's never tapped before. Who knows?

As far as what Timbaland did with nelly furtado, I dont think anyone would give a shit about her new stuff if his name wasn't attached to it.

humanoid
03-28-2008, 10:08 AM
I think Cornell lost a really big amount of credibility after Audioslave. The Rage guys probably aren't hit with that sort of backlash but I personally lost quite a bit of interest in Cornell after Audioslave. His first solo album had some great songs. His new solo album is pretty cheddar, but has some decent moments here and there. He might just do this Timbaland collab just to make a few bucks and hit a new market he's never tapped before. Who knows?

As far as what Timbaland did with nelly furtado, I dont think anyone would give a shit about her new stuff if his name wasn't attached to it.

I'm not a fan of hers, I just thought she had a little potential within the pop realm....I took my little sister to see Nelly F for here first concert several years ago and it was fun....

yeah, I got sick of Cornell in the latter Soundgarden days, because I think he really fell in love with himself and his image as they blew up and became an MTV band......early Soundgarden kicks ass......some of the later stuff was good too, I just really got sick of Cornell...Audioslave in my opinion was terrible.....you're right..the fist solo album was decent, but the 2nd I listened to twice, and gave it to my friend

luckyface
03-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I wonder if the album cover for Cornell's next CD is going to try to hide that giant fork sticking out of his back.

This guy is so done. What the fuck happened to him? I really think Audioslave destroyed him. At this point, I don't even want a Soundgarden reunion. I wouldn't want Cornell ruining that band's good name.

thinnerair
03-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Soundgarden getting back together to do a few reunion shows would be cool. Id certainly go see that. I have no desire to hear any new Soundgarden stuff at this point.

humanoid
03-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I think some bands just need to die too.....not every single band needs to reunite to do more shows way past their prime