PDA

View Full Version : Worst Band in the World has 1 good idea

gratytrainridesagain
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/35468

Fall Out Boy have been forced to cancel their trip to Antarctica, despite making every attempt to get to the continent.

After bad weather prevented the band from making the trip on the scheduled date on Tuesday (March 25), they looked to a special plane, which can land in adverse weather conditions.

The ‘Hercules’ plane “has four propellers and is used for take-offs and landings in conditions with bad runways and bad weather,” bassist Pete Wentz wrote on his blog.

But even the ’Hercules’ could not defeat the bad weather, leading to the cancellation of the trip which would have seen the band break a world record for having played on every continent.

"It's an utter f---ing disappointment. ... It's so insane. We had this idea, and then to not be able to fulfill it is just disappointing, especially when you put it out there. But what are you gonna do, wait until winter's over?" Wentz told MTV.com.

As previously reported, the band were to be joined by an official from the Guinness Book Of World Records for the trip, which they were making with Greenpeace.

Speaking from Chile, around two hours from Antartica, frontman Patrick Stump said: "I'm sure 'Guinness' won't ever return our phone calls again, I'm sure a lot of people are going to laugh at us, but the fun thing is I'll be laughing with them, because it's pretty funny that we made it all the way down to Chile. And we got really freaking far. It's still pretty cool. If we lost, and our name is never in some book for breaking some record, it's still pretty freaking cool."

paulb
03-27-2008, 03:25 PM
it be even better if they did make it, but the plane crashed trying to land, and they all died....or even better, if those guys were in the mexican emo brawl and died.... all in all, a good day.

msklvr
03-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Fall Out Boy lost by existing.

betao
03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
it'd be cool if they just stayed in Chille.

for the rest of their existence.

whynotsmile99
03-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Shame we can't have an Antarctic music fest. Sigur Ros would be amazing on a glacier!

frozen pilgrim
03-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Shame we can't have an Antarctic music fest. Sigur Ros would be amazing on a glacier!

camping, anyone? O.o

//OnThePulse\\
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I've always wanted to go to Antartica.

M Sparks
03-27-2008, 04:49 PM
I STILL don't understand why people hate them so much. They are too average to hate.

amyzzz
03-27-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't care either way.

gratytrainridesagain
03-27-2008, 05:17 PM
It'd be neat to see a show in Antarctica dance with some penguins

CalmerThanYou
03-27-2008, 05:42 PM

One of the best ideas i've ever heard.

Perhaps a mark farina or thievery corporation set?

humanoid
03-27-2008, 05:43 PM
yeah I'm also pretty unaffected by Fall Out Boy.....Good Charlotte on the other hand, is a whole different story

marooko
03-27-2008, 05:52 PM
One of the best ideas i've ever heard.

Perhaps a mark farina or thievery corporation set?

yay mark farina.

TomAz
03-28-2008, 09:43 AM
"Earth Angel"

canexplain
03-28-2008, 09:54 AM
didnt some group play there during the grammies this year ? x****

send me ctrpllrs
03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
A few of the scientists that live there formed a band and played, but they haven't played on all the other continents.