PDA

View Full Version : Street Scene 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080325-9999-1m25scene.html

I fucking told you motherfuckers Street Scene would be back. SUPRE remember our little conversations back then? You said it was DEAD!!!
Now what? I'm fucking happy it's returning home, and that it is coming back. let's start speculating.

ThomThom
03-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Headliners will be The Killers, Louis XIV, and Panic at the Disco.

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I have a feeling street scene will step up this year. I'm thinking he might try for Coldplay, and Bloc Party.

amyzzz
03-25-2008, 04:52 PM
I might go for Coldplay.

paulb
03-25-2008, 04:53 PM
I have a feeling street scene will step up this year. I'm thinking he might try for Coldplay, and Bloc Party.

way to raise the bar....

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 04:56 PM
way to raise the bar....

bringing it back home to the streets, is raising the bar already. Speculation is that the fest will talke place september 20-21. I hope we don't get Jack Johnson, I'll have already seen him 3 times by then.

luckyface
03-25-2008, 04:58 PM
bringing it back home to the streets, is raising the bar already. Speculation is that the fest will talke place september 20-21. I hope we don't get Jack Johnson, I'll have already seen him 3 times by then.

He played in 2004 (I had the misfortune of witnessing his terrible music be the backdrop of a bunch of drunken greek types dry humping each other), so it is not out of the question.

I have absolutely no faith in the festival after last year. They need to earn that shit back.

ThomThom
03-25-2008, 05:00 PM
The Bravery would be a good sub headliner

nationocean
03-25-2008, 05:00 PM
I would be a good sub headliner

ThomThom
03-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Social Distortion is already confirmed for the Bro stage

Sexecutioner
03-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Social Distortion is already confirmed for the Bro stage

you mean white trash stage? social d isnt bro music...or is it? im not actually sure what bro music is...i was thinking jj.

and just because its going downtown again doesnt mean its going to be good. it all depends how they do it. the last year it was downtown was horrible, and the reason they moved it in the first place. i hope they step it up, but i aint holdin my breath.

suprefan
03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080325-9999-1m25scene.html

I fucking told you motherfuckers Street Scene would be back. SUPRE remember our little conversations back then? You said it was DEAD!!!
Now what? I'm fucking happy it's returning home, and that it is coming back. let's start speculating.

Trust me, still dead to most people. And speculating about what. JJ is gonna play it and who else.... They arent stepping up nothing.

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 06:37 PM
why quote me man?

PassiveTheory
03-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Slightly Stoopid
Bad Religion
Misfits cover band

have all been booked.

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 06:45 PM
I get a lot of shit for Street Scene and I did last year. The thing is I stand up for my festivals(Coachella and Street Scene) no matter what. So I am really hoping this year Street Scene returns to form. HOPEFUL

Sonicifyouwantit
03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
What do you mean its back, what would make you think it would not return, its happened for years. Do you mean back to the streets? Now that its run by Live Nation dont expect anything great. I think 2005 was its last good year, ironically its first year at the stadium. Line up has gone down since then. Bloc Party as a headliner would not be that big of a deal, LA Detour fest had bloc as a header and it had low attendance, even with a Justice appearance.

I gave up on street scene and after inland invasion stopped their flashback to the 80s (which was Inland 3 and 4) I stopped going to that too.

suprefan
03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I get a lot of shit for Street Scene and I did last year. The thing is I stand up for my festivals(Coachella and Street Scene) no matter what. So I am really hoping this year Street Scene returns to form. HOPEFUL

key word hopeful. more like doubtful. So Social D yet gaain is the return to form. Wait nvm, they are an institution for SS.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I had a ticket for last year, thought the del mar idea was great, but when it got moved to coors I figured the lineup was lame and I wasnt gonna sit at that venue for it. I was able to get a refund, awww.

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 07:12 PM
I didn't mean Bloc Party as a headliner, I was listening to Bloc Party when I wrote that and I just wrote it down. I meant to say someone else. Coldplay wouldn't be bad though, or The Foo Fighters, or Oasis, and then have Bloc Party as a sub headliner I guess.

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 07:13 PM
key word hopeful. more like doubtful. So Social D yet gaain is the return to form. Wait nvm, they are an institution for SS.

as funny as that sounds, Social D is a requirement for SS, kinda like pretensious bands are required for Coachella. you know?

suprefan
03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
as funny as that sounds, Social D is a requirement for SS, kinda like pretensious bands are required for Coachella. you know?

Yeah but, they are good at least. why dont you go see Mike Ness on his solo tour? I am sure you would fit in perfectly.

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 07:18 PM
hey Social D is good, Mike Ness solo well I don't really know. I probably would, I don't think i'm better than everyone, so I fit in nicely.

Sexecutioner
03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
What do you mean its back, what would make you think it would not return, its happened for years. Do you mean back to the streets? Now that its run by Live Nation dont expect anything great. I think 2005 was its last good year, ironically its first year at the stadium.

if you read that article he posted you would realize that live nation is no longer doing it, its all hagey once again. and yes, it is moving back to downtown.

street scene last year was an epic fail, with muse as the exception. it wasnt too bad at the stadium, since there was plenty of room, and it was easy to see acts you wanted. i hope hagey returns it to what it once was. its hard though since downtown is so much different now than it used to be. since it doesnt have the space it used to, i think they need to book somewhat smaller acts and charge less. get what would be strong 2nd or 3rd tier acts at coachella and make them the headliners. this would help keep the crowds down a little so it might fit back in the gaslamp a little easier. just my 2 cents.

PJandBompton
03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Slightly Stoopid
Bad Religion
Misfits cover band

have all been booked.

This is sarcasm right? If not I wouldn't be surprised to see Pearl Jam as the headliners for Street Scene this year considering they are supposed to play ACL and Ed is real good friends with Ben Harper and Johnson's family...

PJandBompton
03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Also Oasis in a headlining spot...

karecares
03-25-2008, 08:13 PM
i went to street scene in 04, which of all the locations that they mentioned was that held in? i can't remember to save my life

hypervera
03-25-2008, 08:22 PM
yeah this year will be great, last year muse :thu , this year maybe oasis and coldplay like some people said here

oasis will play at vancouver in september

Boourns
03-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I know it was "Parking Lot Scene", but I wanted to attend in 2005. Forgot why I didn't. I think summer school and my friend being a flake put an end to that idea.

PassiveTheory
03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Did anyone see Air at Street Scene last year? Were they any good?

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I missed them. Hey how big is the small room at SOMA. Just wondering for TPC

carolinesgood
03-25-2008, 09:48 PM
i heard street scene is hagey's alone again - livenation gave it back. with all his experience and this early notice since it used to happened in september it will probably be a weekend after labor day during padre travel. talk about a festival vet - i grew up there... didn't make it out for past two years - vegas and venue change to coors sealed it.

PassiveTheory
03-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I missed them. Hey how big is the small room at SOMA. Just wondering for TPC

Eh... kinda cramped...

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
500 people maybe?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-26-2008, 12:08 AM
I know it was "Parking Lot Scene", but I wanted to attend in 2005. Forgot why I didn't. I think summer school and my friend being a flake put an end to that idea.

2005 was a good year at street scene

if you read that article he posted you would realize that live nation is no longer doing it, its all hagey once again. and yes, it is moving back to downtown.

street scene last year was an epic fail, with muse as the exception. it wasnt too bad at the stadium, since there was plenty of room, and it was easy to see acts you wanted. i hope hagey returns it to what it once was. its hard though since downtown is so much different now than it used to be. since it doesnt have the space it used to, i think they need to book somewhat smaller acts and charge less. get what would be strong 2nd or 3rd tier acts at coachella and make them the headliners. this would help keep the crowds down a little so it might fit back in the gaslamp a little easier. just my 2 cents.

i read it over once quickly didnt notice the part where Live Nation was out just on the diminishing crowds and Lives decision to go to coors. Yeah I think some good smaller bands would be great, turn it into a little SXSW.

no, there isnt one band that plays every year at coachella.

I didn't mean Bloc Party as a headliner, I was listening to Bloc Party when I wrote that and I just wrote it down. I meant to say someone else. Coldplay wouldn't be bad though, or The Foo Fighters, or Oasis, and then have Bloc Party as a sub headliner I guess.

I could see them getting Foo Fighters, MAYBE Coldplay but Oasis I think might be a stretch.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-26-2008, 12:11 AM
yeah this year will be great, last year muse :thu , this year maybe oasis and coldplay like some people said here

oasis will play at vancouver in september

this is why people get pissed after they read a line up, they expect to see acts they like that have been mentioned on the message boards and wonder what happened to so and so playing?? oh this fest failed! Dont count on thi year being great based on someones random name drop, just a way to get your hopes up.

i heard street scene is hagey's alone again - livenation gave it back. with all his experience and this early notice since it used to happened in september it will probably be a weekend after labor day during padre travel. talk about a festival vet - i grew up there... didn't make it out for past two years - vegas and venue change to coors sealed it.

yeah the article did mention it would be during padre travel so I think you are right.

SubBass49
03-26-2008, 05:42 AM
I miss Street Scene. The last year I went was the last year it was actually IN THE STREET...lol. The Roots, James Brown, Busta Rhymes, Dilated Peoples...best Street Scene ever.

I couldn't bring myself to go to Parking Lot Scene.

summerkid
03-26-2008, 11:19 AM
2005 was awesome you missed out. Pixies, Flaming Lips, Death Cab, Spoon and that was just on one stage on one day.

SFChrissy
03-26-2008, 11:22 AM
The last time I was in SD...I didn't have any children, I was with the REAL Skate team, we did extreme sports trade show and street scenes and hanging out with a bunch of SF homies!!!

amyzzz
03-26-2008, 11:29 AM
2005 was awesome you missed out. Pixies, Flaming Lips, Death Cab, Spoon and that was just on one stage on one day.
I thought 2005 was White Stripes, Garbage, The Killers...because I went that year. It was in early August.

Kali27
03-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Street Scene has sucked bad since LiveNation started running it (when it got moved from downtown and turned into an all ages thing)... even if it goes back, I'm gonna have to agree with the other people about the music probably not getting better.

I wanted to go in '06 for Tool, but since I saw them at Coachella, I went to Reggae on the River instead... which turned out to be WAY cooler than how bad I heard that Street Scene was...

nationocean
03-26-2008, 12:01 PM
I thought 2005 was White Stripes, Garbage, The Killers...because I went that year. It was in early August.

I miss garbage..

Sushov23
03-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Street Scene 07 was chill, and ask the people who went and they will say the had a good time.

summerkid
03-26-2008, 01:30 PM

that was the other day. Like I said street scene 2005 was awesome.

amyzzz
03-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot I only went the one day. :)

ThomThom
03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Street Scene 2008 has a few confirmed acts already...

Louis XIV
Social Distortion
Ozomatli
The Killers
Mike Ness (solo acoustic)
Tiesto

Pretty good so far.

Sexecutioner
03-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Street Scene has sucked bad since LiveNation started running it (when it got moved from downtown and turned into an all ages thing)... even if it goes back, I'm gonna have to agree with the other people about the music probably not getting better.

the only year live nation did it was last year. it was away from downtown for a few years before that. even after it moved from downtown it was pretty good, just because they still got quality acts. last year was the first year that they couldnt get shit for talent (except muse), and that, combined with the venue changes, made for a shitty street scene.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I might go for Coldplay.

I am hoping Coldplay plays Red Rocks this summer...

amyzzz
03-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Don't even say that.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Don't even say that.

Why? It would be fucking amazing....it would almost (well not really) make up for Radiohead ditching us here in Denver.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-26-2008, 11:47 PM

yes they were all there in 2005 thats why it was great! Thing the sucked about the parking lot was there was no where to just sit. By end of day my legs hurt from standing all day.

suprefan
03-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Why? It would be fucking amazing....it would almost (well not really) make up for Radiohead ditching us here in Denver.

You guys got Daft Punk last year, thats enough to hold you over.

Sushov23
03-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Seriously Daft punk at Red rocks wow, I looked at some pics, and it seems as though almost any show at red rocks would be epic.

suprefan
03-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah theres been some I wish I couldve been to the last few years. Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Daft Punk to name a few.

That70sdesperado
03-28-2008, 08:29 PM
I bet Street Scene will try to get STP, since they are reuniting and they are from San Diego. I think this year will be a return to form, but I can't be too hopeful. And yes, 2005 was epic.

Deviate_420
03-29-2008, 08:17 PM

Bloc Party<Panic at the Disco

hypervera
03-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Bloc Party<Panic at the Disco

well panic at the disco is more popular but bloc party music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>panic at the disco

hawkingvsreeve
03-30-2008, 11:50 AM
I wonder why Panic At The Disco dropped the exclamation point from their name. That was pretty much the most interesting part of that band.

Sushov23
03-31-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm beginning to think Oasis might be a possibility for this now.

PJandBompton
04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
hate to bring this thread back from obscurity, BUT...

September 2008
2 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheater
3 - West Valley City, UT - The E Center Of West Valley
5 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
6 - Inglewood, CA - The Forum

Just realized that NIN have no SD dates and the Padres are out of town September 6-7 so it looks like NIN might be the headliner for Sunday night of Street Scene if it is indeed the 6th and 7th which it looks like it might be...

PJandBompton
04-14-2008, 09:37 PM
So with tour dates it looks like it might be Oasis and NIN headlining this years Street Scene...wishful thinking maybe?

IdiotequeThom
04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
wow.

i'm not sure how i would feel about that. it's cool that NIN would be in san diego, but I'd much prefer to see them play at their own show than play with Louis XIV, Slightly Stoopid, Social Distortion, and Ozomatli.

suprefan
04-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Is it even confirmed Street Scene is the 6th and 7th? Also, they wouldnt let a headliner play their own L.A. show the day before. Scratch NIN off.

PJandBompton
04-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Is it even confirmed Street Scene is the 6th and 7th? Also, they wouldnt let a headliner play their own L.A. show the day before. Scratch NIN off.

Not confirmed it's the 6th and 7th that's my speculation because of tour dates and the pads schedule...

About the headliner radius thing, Muse played Irvine the night before Street Scene last year...

suprefan
04-14-2008, 10:02 PM
But Irvine is a LIVE NATION VENUE. They still get the money. Forum is goldenvoice, they dont mesh with competition.

ThomThom
04-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Oasis and Beck are going to be the headliners.

PJandBompton
04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
But Irvine is a LIVE NATION VENUE. They still get the money. Forum is goldenvoice, they dont mesh with competition.
Makes sense...totally forgot about the live nation involvement

PJandBompton
04-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Oasis and Beck are going to be the headliners.
That would be fine with me...

hypervera
04-15-2008, 12:49 AM
hate to bring this thread back from obscurity, BUT...

Just realized that NIN have no SD dates and the Padres are out of town September 6-7 so it looks like NIN might be the headliner for Sunday night of Street Scene if it is indeed the 6th and 7th which it looks like it might be...

good point man

Sexecutioner
04-15-2008, 09:54 AM
That would be fine with me...

your avatar is a little too similar to mine. please change it.

jk, always nice to have more pj fans around here...

Deviate_420
04-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Street Scene makes me glad i live in the middle of the god forsaken Arizona desert rather then San Diego...

ThomThom
04-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Beck and Oasis.

Sushov23
04-15-2008, 12:47 PM

It wouldn't be competition anymore, since Hagey is in complete control again over Street Scene. so it will be independent, and I think NIN, Oasis, Beck, and even Coldplay are possibilties. AND YES THOMTHOM Bloc Party as a subheadliner(I fucking love bloc party, and I admit to that shit). I would want BECK, and Oasis

PJandBompton
04-15-2008, 06:34 PM
It wouldn't be competition anymore, since Hagey is in complete control again over Street Scene. so it will be independent, and I think NIN, Oasis, Beck, and even Coldplay are possibilties. AND YES THOMTHOM Bloc Party as a subheadliner(I fucking love bloc party, and I admit to that shit). I would want BECK, and Oasis

I think with all the touring schedules and other festivals I would be VERY surprised if not one of those you listed plays this year...

Bud Luster
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
street scene pretty much always sucks anyway. Worst vibe ever.

suprefan
04-15-2008, 07:13 PM

Not happening, no NIN. And festivals still have geographic restrictions.

Sexecutioner
04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Street Scene makes me glad i live in the middle of the god forsaken Arizona desert rather then San Diego...

every one of your posts makes me glad that you live in the god forsaken desert rather than americas finest city.

PJandBompton
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
i really am sorry your life sucks

xbnmx
04-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Makes sense...totally forgot about the live nation involvement

Live Nation has completely absolved it self from Street Scene, its completely back in Hagey's hands.

GauchoGuy17
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
The lineup was pretty sweet two years ago, with Tool, AFI, Bad Religion, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Steel Pulse, Wolfmother and a bunch of others.

Last year it wasn't bad. Muse is almost as good as it gets for a Day 1 headliner.

PJandBompton
04-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Live Nation has completely absolved it self from Street Scene, its completely back in Hagey's hands.
I know I was talking about last year...

Sushov23
04-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I hope they announce something in MAY. At least when it will happen.

suprefan
04-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah right..........

firstimer
04-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Street Scene 2008 has a few confirmed acts already...

Louis XIV
Social Distortion
Ozomatli
The Killers
Tiesto

Pretty good so far.

is there any source for this?

ThomThom
04-28-2008, 12:02 PM
is there any source for this?

Yes, look at the past lineups... These bands are ALWAYS there.

creamz2112
05-06-2008, 01:38 PM
bump

Young blood
05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
why?

Louis XIV
Social Distortion
Ozomatli
The Killers
Tiesto

= shit you listen to in hell. - some of ozomatlis stuff.

buymarshon
05-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Tiesto at street scene? weiiird.

get oasis too!

Sushov23
05-06-2008, 02:33 PM
thom was making that shit up guys. There is no info on SS yet. Probably won't be any info until later this month, or early june like last year.

Sushov23
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Got it off a reliable SD blog:

Street Scene 2008! September 19-21?
I'm gonna work to verify this information, however looks like you can mark your calendars for Street Scene 2008 to be held at least on September 19. Cat Power is set to play on the 19th, according to an e-mail I received today. I wonder if this will be a small, one night affair, or if it will run the whole weekend?

Let the investigating begin.

suprefan
05-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Too bad Beck cant play it, or Nick Cave. You might get Spiritualized too. There lots of September tour dates for bands up. ::cough ACL cough::

Sushov23
05-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I think we get the Foo Fighters as one of the headliners, and I think Beck could still do it on friday, or sunday. the hottest rumor is that it will be 3 days this year. So who knows?

luckyface
05-06-2008, 09:30 PM
After getting wrapped up in the presale fiasco last year, there is no way I am going to expect much this year. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than wildly disappointed. In my mind right now, Jessie and the Rippers will be headlining the thing.

Sushov23
05-06-2008, 09:33 PM
did you buy presale tickets last year?

jazzz
05-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Nick Cave plays 4th & B 9/16 a 5 min walk for me!

luckyface
05-06-2008, 10:33 PM
did you buy presale tickets last year?

Unfortunately, yes. Although I ended up getting my money back because of an error by the company that sold the presale tix.

woogie846
05-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Jack Johnson will be playing.

btesusan
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
september 19 and 20...

PassiveTheory
05-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I hope I can move in later this year and not miss bands like fucking AIR last year...

Vic Viper
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
After getting wrapped up in the presale fiasco last year, there is no way I am going to expect much this year. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than wildly disappointed. In my mind right now, Jessie and the Rippers will be headlining the thing.
JESSIE AND THE RIPPERS WOULD FUCKING KILL.

PJandBompton
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
As usual...i'm gonna go ahead and investigate and see who's open...

summerkid
05-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Too bad Beck cant play it, or Nick Cave. You might get Spiritualized too. There lots of September tour dates for bands up. ::cough ACL cough::

why can't beck play it? because he's playing the hollywood bowl? I bet he plays. I bet Manu Chao shows up to this too. Last year his San Diego show got moved to TJ because of noise complaints and he has a pretty decent sized fan base here. What about Weezer when the hell are they going to tour for the red album anyways, i haven't heard anything.

PJandBompton
05-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Here's some artists with open dates/dates fitting Street Scene...(Note-These are only artists in the area/on the same coast around the time of Street Scene)

Black Crowes
Cat Power
Howlin Rain
Ozomatli
Nortec Collective
Foo Fighters
Oasis
Manu Chao
Nine Inch Nails
Beck
The Raconteurs
Band of Horses
Silversun Pickups
Vampire Weekend
Justice
Jose Gonzalez
Back Door Slam
Tristan Prettyman
Jenny Lewis

So, yeah, it's pretty much a list of Monolith/ACL which would fit Street Scene...I really think it will be closer to Monolith size rather than ACL as far as headliners, especially with it being downtown...Artists in Bold are ones I would put money on due to touring schedule...

summerkid
05-07-2008, 09:44 PM
good call on the black crowes.

summerkid
05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
if they get beck, raconteurs and cat power i'm there.

hypervera
05-07-2008, 11:59 PM
i just need oasis :thu

creamz2112
05-12-2008, 11:15 PM
bump

Boourns
05-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Social Distortion
Panic! at the Disco
Chingy
Paramore
Rick Dees performing "Disco Duck"
Iron Chef America: Jamie Lynn Spears' placenta battle
Slightly Stoopid
Ozomatli
Foo Fighters

Sushov23
05-12-2008, 11:31 PM
I can't wait until Street Scene reveals the line up, and then everyone is creaming over it. I can't wait.

ThomThom
05-12-2008, 11:39 PM
I can't wait until Street Scene reveals the line up, and then everyone is creaming over it. I can't wait.

Oh, you poor thing. =(

leo01g
05-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Here's some artists with open dates/dates fitting Street Scene...(Note-These are only artists in the area/on the same coast around the time of Street Scene)

Black Crowes
Cat Power
Howlin Rain
Ozomatli
Nortec Collective
Foo Fighters
Oasis
Manu Chao
Nine Inch Nails
Beck
The Raconteurs
Band of Horses
Silversun Pickups
Vampire Weekend
Justice
Jose Gonzalez
Back Door Slam
Tristan Prettyman
Jenny Lewis

So, yeah, it's pretty much a list of Monolith/ACL which would fit Street Scene...I really think it will be closer to Monolith size rather than ACL as far as headliners, especially with it being downtown...Artists in Bold are ones I would put money on due to touring schedule...

I would definitely go to this. NIN, Cat Power, Manu Chao, Nortec Collective is all i need.

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Oh, you poor thing. =(

I have faith this line up is going to kick a lot of ass, and that it will include BECK in the lineup. Therefore, I won't be buying beck tickets. now if beck doesn't play, i might only do one day for Street Scene this year.

Lurker_in_a_tree
05-13-2008, 02:46 PM
how do people get suckered into going to this ass-fest every year?

GauchoGuy17
05-13-2008, 02:48 PM

It was awesome two years ago. And last year's lineup wasn't bad.

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 03:07 PM
MUSE, Ozomatli, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers(for those who are still fans), Spoon, Air, and a lot other bands, and the dance tent make it all worth it. Especially when it is only 100 bucks for both days. So SHUT THE FUCK UP, you TWAT. thank you for playing, but you lose.

Blinken
05-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I hope I can move in later this year and not miss bands like fucking AIR last year...

If it is your second year in the dorms, then yeah you move in a lot latter. Just a couple days before class begins.

paganman7
05-13-2008, 03:35 PM

That's a very good questions. I can't believe this thing is still alive.

People keep dropping names like Oasis, Nine Inch Nails, and Beck...it will likely be Paramore, Fred Durst solo set, and Loverboy covering Bat Out Of Hell.

The entire festival is in a god damn parking lot for fuck's sake!

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 03:40 PM
you are a fucking peasant.

paganman7
05-13-2008, 03:42 PM
you are a fucking peasant.

Don't be sad boy.

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
look at street scene lineups. Yes even 07 had some goodies, don't act shocked. and look at the cost, and the place(ITS FUCKING SD MAN!) you can't go wrong.

Sexecutioner
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
That's a very good questions. I can't believe this thing is still alive.

People keep dropping names like Oasis, Nine Inch Nails, and Beck...it will likely be Paramore, Fred Durst solo set, and Loverboy covering Bat Out Of Hell.

The entire festival is in a god damn parking lot for fuck's sake!

you are a retard. a) its moving back downtown. and b) even when it was in the parking lot, i saw tons of great sets from the likes of white stripes, the pixies, tool, etc. so you and lurker in a tree should stfu until you know what you are talking about.

and while i hate the fact that i agree on something with sushov, i do also think that they are going to put together a stellar lineup this year to make up for last year and get people back into this festival. we'll see though...

paganman7
05-13-2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.megatonik.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/retard_nunchucks.jpg

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 03:51 PM
what is up with that? (i'm talking to you sex)

GauchoGuy17
05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
MUSE, Ozomatli, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers(for those who are still fans), Spoon, Air, and a lot other bands, and the dance tent make it all worth it. Especially when it is only 100 bucks for both days. So SHUT THE FUCK UP, you TWAT. thank you for playing, but you lose.

Exactly. Pepper was also pretty good. There were some great acts last year. Two years ago was the shit though, with Tool, AFI, Bad Religion, Steel Pulse, The New York Dolls, Wolfmother, She Wants Revenge and a bunch of others. Such a good lineup (unless you're one of those people who only likes IDM and rock made from 85-93 like so many on this board).

crazzz2007
05-13-2008, 05:15 PM

what the hell is wrong with you?

hangthedj112
05-13-2008, 06:31 PM

you forgot about the fact none of those bands besides muse constitute 100$, and the fact that it's at a random amphitheater all the way out in Chuluana.Oh and the horrible line-up of that "dance" tent.

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
They had Rabbit In the Moon, Air and The Crystal Method, that wasn't awful.

whynotsmile99
05-13-2008, 06:35 PM
did they really put Air in the dance tent? Air should be played in the nap time tent

nahuatldream
05-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I've gone to this once, in 2006. I enjoyed. I stayed at one stage, primarily, and I was up front the whole time, which made for great pictures.

PJandBompton
05-13-2008, 07:49 PM
you forgot about the fact none of those bands besides muse constitute 100$, and the fact that it's at a random amphitheater all the way out in Chuluana.Oh and the horrible line-up of that "dance" tent.

All of those bands combined EASILY outweigh the $100 price tag...EASILY and random amphitheatre??? what fucking amphitheatre isn't random? at least it was at Coors, Coors>>>>>>>most amphitheatres

Anyways, it's back to the streets this year and Hagey said don't expect too many major acts...

NicoDread
05-13-2008, 07:49 PM
did they really put Air in the dance tent? Air should be played in the nap time tent

More like the best musicians ever tent

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 07:52 PM
More like the best musicians ever tent

The more San Diego people on this board with good taste I see, the more I have hope for the city not being a wasteland of poor music taste and bad music overall. =D

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 07:58 PM
DELETE

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 07:59 PM
what the hell is wrong with you?

Nothing other then, I'm dating a girl that loves Jack Johnson. SOOOOOOO that means I have to put up with seeing him 2 more times. One was coachella, another is the Santa Barbara bowl show, and SF outsidelands. For the record, I am going to want to shoot myself by the 3rd time. I did ditch her for half of it, because there was no way I was missing Fatboy Slim.

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 08:01 PM

dude what the fuck? horrible dance tent? Infected Mushroom, VNV nation, Simian Mobile Disco, Rabbit in the moon, Crystal method, and Z-trip. Get the fuck out of here, you stupid excuse for a human being.

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
All of those bands combined EASILY outweigh the $100 price tag...EASILY and random amphitheatre??? what fucking amphitheatre isn't random? at least it was at Coors, Coors>>>>>>>most amphitheatres

Anyways, it's back to the streets this year and Hagey said don't expect too many major acts...

I've been to MANY amphitheatres and Coors is the BEST i've gone to so far. So STOP, not to mention, EVERYONE was happy about how things were handled this past year at coors. The security was chill, no one going crazy, it was awesome.

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 08:04 PM
The more San Diego people on this board with good taste I see, the more I have hope for the city not being a wasteland of poor music taste and bad music overall. =D

seriously, Passive, Nico, we gotta stick together because MANY SD people have horrible taste.

NicoDread
05-13-2008, 08:10 PM

There are a few people here with good taste. But unfortunately most of the music that comes from here is crap.

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, there are exceptions to that, though, like Grand Ole Party and some Pinback, etc.

But 70% of it is like Slightly Stoopid... They'll probably show up to play this again, ugh.

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 08:15 PM
honestly passive, it's cool that they let the Bro bands play because they have their own little area, as long as WE get the bands we want also, I could not care less.

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 08:18 PM
That is true, but I was really talking about San Diego's musical output more so than Street Scene itself.

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 08:21 PM
yeah, there are A LOT of crappy ass bands. Everytime I go to the casbah I have to put up with a different one opening the show. FUCKING LAME. The only one that was DECENT was ummmm Calico Horse, with the girl singer. There is also The Muslims, The Sess, Grand Ole Party, Dirty Sweet, The modlins, amongst others who are good.

NicoDread
05-13-2008, 08:42 PM
I like the Muslims. They drummer is fucking crazy. He looks like an old man but just goes apeshit on the drums. But for about every good band that comes out of here, there are at least twice as many Slightly Stoopids and P.O.D.s

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
that made me laugh nico, so true.

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I like the Muslims. They drummer is fucking crazy. He looks like an old man but just goes apeshit on the drums. But for about every good band that comes out of here, there are at least twice as many Slightly Stoopids and P.O.D.s

You know what's up.

Botrocker
05-13-2008, 08:48 PM

Street Scene's Perry Ferrell. haha

Botrocker
05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Such a good lineup (unless you're one of those people who only likes IDM and rock made from 85-93 like so many on this board).

^ That would make such a great sig. hahahaha

PJandBompton
05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I've been to MANY amphitheatres and Coors is the BEST i've gone to so far. So STOP, not to mention, EVERYONE was happy about how things were handled this past year at coors. The security was chill, no one going crazy, it was awesome.

I assume you failed reading comprehension...I FUCKING SAID COORS IS BETTER THAN MOST AMPHITHEATRES and you come in here telling me to STOP like i said Coors sucks...???

And yes, The Muslims are awesome i worked one of their shows about a month ago...

Sushov23
05-13-2008, 08:54 PM
I wasn't talking about you man. I was referring to the other dude. We are on the same side PJ.

PJandBompton
05-13-2008, 09:03 PM
I wasn't talking about you man. I was referring to the other dude. We are on the same side PJ.

haha that's what i was thinking i was like what the hell? what's going on here haha

Vic Viper
05-13-2008, 09:08 PM
You clearly don't live in Phoenix.

theburiedlife
05-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, there are exceptions to that, though, like Grand Ole Party and some Pinback, etc.

Nickle Creek/Punch Brothers love?

newalias
05-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I am putting money on:

COLDPLAY AND FOO FIGHTERS...

In which I might not go.

jazzz
05-13-2008, 09:47 PM

dude are you 21 yet? we got a great electronic scene going on from Dubstep-DnB-Breaks-House-Tech. etc. I'm almost out 4-5 nights a week.

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I wish, I'm 19, so that blows. There's no real exposure of that music, you just gotta go out and find it. Hopefully in 2 years the scene will exist, lol.

PJandBompton
05-14-2008, 03:12 AM
I wish, I'm 19, so that blows. There's no real exposure of that music, you just gotta go out and find it. Hopefully in 2 years the scene will exist, lol.

Trust me, there's good music out there and i'm 19 as well...

Epicentre has some good shows every now and then, Che Cafe has VERY VERY good shows, Hot Monkey Love was a nice venue and there's more you just have to search...I've got a show coming up at Che Cafe in July it should be a good one...

PassiveTheory
05-14-2008, 03:14 AM
This would have been good info if, you know, I was still living in San Diego for most of the year...

Ah well, I'll hit up the Che Cafe and HML some point this summer. Still, I have the feeling that if I was just a little older, I'd be hitting the same clubs as jazzz.

theburiedlife
05-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Lee, Islands is at Epicenter again...

PJandBompton
05-14-2008, 03:29 AM
This would have been good info if, you know, I was still living in San Diego for most of the year...

Ah well, I'll hit up the Che Cafe and HML some point this summer. Still, I have the feeling that if I was just a little older, I'd be hitting the same clubs as jazzz.

Hot Monkey Love just got shut down but yeah the Che and Epicentre have good shows but like jazzz said alot of the best shows are 21+

SubBass49
05-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Hot Monkey Love was never the same once it moved locations...

For the hip-hop people, Honey Bee Hive is pretty decent...down at 14th & C downtown...

Sexecutioner
05-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Hagey said don't expect too many major acts...

really? when did he say that? guess that blows my theory then...

PassiveTheory
05-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Honestly? SOMA killed the small club market.

Well... SOMA and HOB, but I blame SOMA.

And the HML got shut down? Seriously? As in shut down at their new location?... Damn.

PJandBompton
05-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Honestly? SOMA killed the small club market.

Well... SOMA and HOB, but I blame SOMA.

And the HML got shut down? Seriously? As in shut down at their new location?... Damn.

yes. 100% FUCK SOMA. i've heard stories of Paul making complaints to get other shows/venues shut down...from what i've heard he was the reason the Avalon never got off it's feet.

And yes Hot Monkey Love is done as a live music venue at least for now i was supposed to have a show there in June but there is a neighbor that will not stop complaining it is a shame because there are not many people out there nicer and more willing to help than Alma.

PJandBompton
05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Here's the thing about Hagey...

Although a March 25 San Diego Union-Tribune article announced that “Street Scene is poised to reclaim the streets that inspired its name,” founder Rob Hagey has taken out a special-events permit to hold it in the Petco Park parking lot on September 19 and 20.

“He said it was going to be a toned-down, more low-key event,” says Betty Hale, staffer with the City of San Diego’s Special Events office. “He said there were not going to be as many major artists.”

Xenocide
05-14-2008, 03:12 PM
at least it was at Coors, Coors>>>>>>>most amphitheatres

:rolleyes

you obviously haven't been to too many ampitheatres...

PassiveTheory
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
yes. 100% FUCK SOMA. i've heard stories of Paul making complaints to get other shows/venues shut down...from what i've heard he was the reason the Avalon never got off it's feet.

And yes Hot Monkey Love is done as a live music venue at least for now i was supposed to have a show there in June but there is a neighbor that will not stop complaining it is a shame because there are not many people out there nicer and more willing to help than Alma.

What's your act?

Sushov23
05-14-2008, 03:18 PM
passive are you going to be in SD this summer? if so, what shows are you checking out?

PassiveTheory
05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I will be, and so far the only thing I really can afford that I'm thinking about is Chromeo @ HOB.

I'll probably end up seeing my friend's band, the Kyle Van Band, at some point. But otherwise, I dunno, really.

funkinger
05-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Lee, Islands is at Epicenter again...

Saw Deerhoof there last year. Weird place - I'll always remember it for not being able to bring lighters inside. But, really intimate so a cool enough spot.

I am so bummed that I will be out of town for the Islands show.

ThomThom
05-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Petco Park Parking Lot? Nice, so much for "Street" Scene.

Sexecutioner
05-14-2008, 04:19 PM

i agree, fuck soma. god i hate it when bands i like play there. such a shithole. and that dude is an asshole. a friend of mine knows the guy who owns it, and told him that i said it sucks because its always super hot and they dont get any air flowing in there. he replied by saying that he purposely doesnt turn on the ac at certain shows, depending on the crowd, cuz he knows they arent going to leave anyway, so might as well save money. what a fuckface. he could make that place way better with just a few renovations, but instead he just leaves it a total shithole, and uses that money to pay bands more than other places can afford.

PassiveTheory
05-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Really? Petco?... Parking will be a nightmare.

Sexecutioner
05-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Petco Park Parking Lot? Nice, so much for "Street" Scene.

this is where it was the last year that it was downtown before it moved, and it really sucked that year. good bands, but horrible set up. way overcrowded, and bottlenecks everywhere, so it was hard to get from stage to stage.

Sexecutioner
05-14-2008, 04:22 PM

wtf are you talking about? how would it be different than anywhere else downtown? parking is never easy there...

PassiveTheory
05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
This is true...

PJandBompton
05-14-2008, 06:43 PM
i agree, fuck soma. god i hate it when bands i like play there. such a shithole. and that dude is an asshole. a friend of mine knows the guy who owns it, and told him that i said it sucks because its always super hot and they dont get any air flowing in there. he replied by saying that he purposely doesnt turn on the ac at certain shows, depending on the crowd, cuz he knows they arent going to leave anyway, so might as well save money. what a fuckface. he could make that place way better with just a few renovations, but instead he just leaves it a total shithole, and uses that money to pay bands more than other places can afford.

i saw Coheed last year there and was about to pass out and was thinking how FUCKING hard would it be to get just a little bit of air going soma has the potential to be a good venue but everything about it is shit and it's a shame they get some good bands there

PJandBompton
05-14-2008, 06:45 PM
:rolleyes

you obviously haven't been to too many ampitheatres...

are you kidding me? name 10 better amphitheatres not counting Gorge, Red Rocks, Alpine...not gonna happen

What's your act?

I'm the manager for The Variety Show and The Loudmoufz and i run a promotional company called dissidENT...

luckyface
05-14-2008, 06:49 PM
this is where it was the last year that it was downtown before it moved, and it really sucked that year. good bands, but horrible set up. way overcrowded, and bottlenecks everywhere, so it was hard to get from stage to stage.

No way. It was great waiting 10 minutes to move between stages in order to cross train tracks. If that isn't good planning, I don't know what is.

summerkid
05-14-2008, 06:50 PM

take the trolley...I always took the Coaster/trolley to street scene when it was downtown or at qualcalm.

humanoid
05-15-2008, 01:57 AM
take the trolley...I always took the Coaster/trolley to street scene when it was downtown or at qualcalm.

I did that once, and it worked out perfectly

Sushov23
05-16-2008, 11:18 AM
according to CoS, Michael Franti is confirmed. Good act to go along with Cat Power.

PassiveTheory
05-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Well, as far as reggae goes, they could have done worse.

Boourns
05-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Meow.

PassiveTheory
05-16-2008, 11:32 AM
WTF?

Sushov23
05-16-2008, 11:32 AM
I was looking at the Hot Chip dates, and hopefully they wind up on the line up.

PassiveTheory
05-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Dude, if Street Scene landed Hot Chip that would probably be enough to get me to go.

send me ctrpllrs
05-16-2008, 03:07 PM

How many shows actually got played at the Avalon? I went to one, Chasing Paper's last show. Seemed like it could have been a cool place.

PJandBompton
05-16-2008, 06:32 PM
How many shows actually got played at the Avalon? I went to one, Chasing Paper's last show. Seemed like it could have been a cool place.

that was the only show they ever had there...

hypervera
05-23-2008, 01:02 AM
september 19 & 20

:thu

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 01:06 AM
DELETED next post.

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Line up out June 9th. I'm hearing The Raconteurs, Hot Chip, The Fratellis, Michael Franti(already confirmed), Cat Power, Ozomatli and more. That is all I will say.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080520/news_1m20scene.html

PassiveTheory
05-23-2008, 03:13 AM
God... can we trade Ozomatli with Treasure Island and Spiritualized? Please? For the love of christ?

jazzz
05-23-2008, 03:17 AM
Yo Lee! can you get ID or something?

PassiveTheory
05-23-2008, 03:19 AM
Dude I don't know where to get a fake one made.

I'm lame.

jazzz
05-23-2008, 03:22 AM
no probs.... we will talk. lets hope TJ gets some decent shit

PassiveTheory
05-23-2008, 03:25 AM
This is good, seeing as the "I forgot my ID" lie didn't work tonight.

I wonder if that Chilean couple will keep in touch, they were cool.

jazzz
05-23-2008, 03:29 AM
dude! you will have a good time this summer I swear... Time to get creative!

suprefan
05-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Line up out June 9th. I'm hearing The Raconteurs, Hot Chip, The Fratellis, Michael Franti(already confirmed), Cat Power, Ozomatli and more. That is all I will say.

So who you giving head to to get info? Are you being all secrective like the guys were about Treasure Island?

luckyface
05-23-2008, 08:37 AM

Sounds pretty underwhelming.

Sexecutioner
05-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Sounds pretty underwhelming.

i actually thought it was a pretty good lineup, after hearing it was going to a "toned down" version.

but, ill believe it when i see it. i dont really put any stock into sushovs "source".

luckyface
05-23-2008, 08:47 AM
At this point, you could hold a "festival" with 15 friends in your backyard, and that would be enough to land the Racounteurs.

summerkid
05-23-2008, 08:48 AM
if jack white is there so am I plus hot chip and Cat Power.

summerkid
05-23-2008, 08:48 AM
At this point, you could hold a "festival" with 15 friends in your backyard, and that would be enough to land the Racounteurs.

haha so true.

Sexecutioner
05-23-2008, 08:50 AM

dude, who cares. have you seen them lately? they are absolutely tearing up the stage every night. they could be the only band at street scene and id go. plus, i really like the fratellis, and missed them last time they were at coachella since they played so early, so id like another chance to check em out.

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 01:48 PM
take everything with a grain of salt is all I'm going to say. My source was right about last year's bands, but missed on some other key points(headliners). The reason I don't want to say any other names is because I don't want to look like a fucking idiot if the names I've heard are all wrong or something.

hypervera
05-23-2008, 01:57 PM
take everything with a grain of salt is all I'm going to say. My source was right about last year's bands, but missed on some other key points(headliners). The reason I don't want to say any other names is because I don't want to look like a fucking idiot if the names I've heard are all wrong or something.

who cares what people say about you, fuck the people!

give us names please!

summerkid
05-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah shushov, you have enough posts on here that nobody is going to give you shit especially if you put a disclaimer out there like: its possible not all of these bands will be playing but they are rumored.

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 02:10 PM
the big name i'm hearing is BECK.

summerkid
05-23-2008, 02:13 PM
if they get beck, raconteurs and cat power i'm there.

haha hell yes!

luckyface
05-23-2008, 02:13 PM
It makes sense. He is in LA on the 20th.

Boourns
05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Social Distortion and Slightly Stoopid and Louis XIV

suprefan
05-23-2008, 02:15 PM
So where is your NIN Bloc Party oh great predicter?

Boourns
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM
they will be serving as roadies for the almighty Slightly Stoopid

ThomThom
05-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Friday September 19th headliner will be Beck.

Saturday September 20th headliner will consist of either NIN, Oasis,Weezer, or Coldplay.

The rest of the lineup will consist of the Monolith/ACL/Treasure Island lineups.

hypervera
05-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Saturday September 20th headliner will consist of either NIN, Oasis, or Coldplay.

Sunday September 21st headliner will be Beck.

The rest of the lineup will consist of the Monolith/ACL/Treasure Island lineups.

september 19 & 20

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Saturday September 20th headliner will consist of either NIN, Oasis,Weezer, or Coldplay.

Sunday September 21st headliner will be Beck.

Can someone explain Why Beck is ignoring Red Rocks and Denver in general this year?

ThomThom
05-23-2008, 02:25 PM
september 19 & 20

Fixed, thank you.

ThomThom
05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Can someone explain Why Beck is ignoring Red Rocks and Denver in general this year?

It seems like everybody is.

BlackSwan
05-23-2008, 02:28 PM

It's a Scientology thing. I suggest you inquire no further or your life may be in danger.

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 02:31 PM
So where is your NIN Bloc Party oh great predicter?

well fucking A, at the time it sounded about right. Who gives a fuck anyway.

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 02:32 PM
My guess for saturday is either Weezer, or Oasis. A headliner that is big, but not too big. I guess there will be a cap on attendance this year.

gratytrainridesagain
05-23-2008, 02:32 PM

Then what do you call this

Hatchet Attacks at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Saturday May 17th:

Grave Plott
AMB
Motown Rage
The R.O.C.
Boondox
Blaze
Twiztid
ICP

Hatchet Attacks will also feature JCW Wrestling, including a World Championship Match between Corporal Robinson and Scott D'Amore's protege, Kawabata! Be ready for blood-soaked surprises!

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 02:33 PM
WOW, I would rather shoot myself.

gratytrainridesagain
05-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah I feel bad for Denver this year last year they got lots of great stuff though

hypervera
05-23-2008, 02:37 PM
My guess for saturday is either Weezer, or Oasis. A headliner that is big, but not too big. I guess there will be a cap on attendance this year.

id love to see oasis, but SD doesnt like oasis, the last time the crowd sucked and not sold out.

weezer is more street scene than oasis but yeah i like weezer too

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I could live with Beck, and Weezer.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-23-2008, 02:44 PM

I hate you Sasha....

ThomThom
05-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I hate you Sasha....

But I love you Marco.

IdiotequeThom
05-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I hope saturday isn't very good; I really want to hold onto my Beck tickets...

Sushov23
05-23-2008, 03:12 PM
The only reason I didn't buy BECK tickets after all was because I'm still holding hope for BECK on friday. Now it's looking more likely.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-23-2008, 03:30 PM
But I love you Marco.

Eventually I will sell my house and move to California, so I never have to whine about a tour missing my area ever again....

PJandBompton
05-24-2008, 07:39 PM
still have the Black Crowes down for the 20th...

kitt kat
05-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Mmm I wonder if the SuperSaab will make it down to SD for this...

Backwater
05-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Then what do you call this

Hatchet Attacks at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Saturday May 17th:

Grave Plott
AMB
Motown Rage
The R.O.C.
Boondox
Blaze
Twiztid
ICP

Hatchet Attacks will also feature JCW Wrestling, including a World Championship Match between Corporal Robinson and Scott D'Amore's protege, Kawabata! Be ready for blood-soaked surprises!

HAHAHAHA!!!

Juggalos invade Red Rocks!!

That would be a good place to go people watching and debate nature vs. nurture

hangthedj112
05-25-2008, 03:36 PM
At least all of you have high hopes for street scene.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070409/journey_l.jpg

Don't stop believing, san diego.

PJandBompton
05-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Add Vampire Weekend to the list of those performing...

Sushov23
05-27-2008, 01:24 AM
how do you know?

hypervera
05-27-2008, 09:26 AM
how do you know?

maybe because they'll play in LA on sept 17

hypervera
05-28-2008, 06:58 PM
now we can eliminate coldplay as a potential headliner

September
Fri 19 Norway, Oslo Spectrum
Mon 22 Czech Republic, Prague

PassiveTheory
05-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Awww.

garrett222
05-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Coldplay at street scene? Come on. It practically died last year and you think it will rebound that strong? I think Weezer will be the top band playing if even that...Detour festival will have a better lineup and venue.

PassiveTheory
05-28-2008, 07:42 PM
A boy can dream, can't he?...

garrett222
05-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Sure. Dream of Street Scene 05

The Killers
The White Stripes
The Pixies
Garbage
Dashboard Confessional
Spoon
Death Cab for Cutie

humanoid
05-28-2008, 08:54 PM
now we can eliminate coldplay as a potential headliner

September
Fri 19 Norway, Oslo Spectrum
Mon 22 Czech Republic, Prague

can we just eliminate Coldplay all together?

Backwater
05-28-2008, 09:01 PM
What were the Pixies doing in that lineup of garbage?

Sushov23
05-28-2008, 09:04 PM
that line up is sick, What the fuck do you listen to? CRAP

summerkid
05-28-2008, 09:12 PM
he left off the flaming lips, autolux, the perceptionists, method man, and snoop.

Sushov23
05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
05 street scene had a sweet lineup, too bad I couldn't go.

Sushov23
05-29-2008, 02:54 PM
The New Pornographers.
http://www.matadorrecords.com/tours/

PassiveTheory
05-29-2008, 04:19 PM
That's nice. =D

garrett222
05-29-2008, 04:38 PM
i think i'd rather make the flight out to detour rather than street scene..especially if it is still being held in chula vista.