PDA

View Full Version : Is Agent Orange Still Worth Seeing?

Cpt. Funkaho
03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
...I ask because they're coming to Fairbanks, in the grand tradition of artists not coming here until long after they fade from the spotlight.

I'm not going to lie- although I'm well aware of them as a band, I never listened to much of their music. If you think they're worth seeing, please suggest stuff for me to listen to such that I can better prepare myself.

Thanks.

york707
03-24-2008, 06:36 PM
What else are you going to do that night?

Exactly.

Go.

frozen pilgrim
03-24-2008, 06:39 PM
well, my first band was one of the openers for a bill with agent orange and the reconstituted misfits show when I was like fourteen.
they (agent orange) were pretty stale, and that was like five years ago. I remember vaguely leaving the main room and going downstairs and picking up some girl form oshawa, who liked to bite.

all in all, the night got maybe a 7/10, the girl an 8/10, and agent orange like a six and a half

Cpt. Funkaho
03-24-2008, 06:49 PM
What else are you going to do that night?

Exactly.

Go.

If I don't see the show? Probably climb a mountain, do a hike in Denali Park, fish for salmon, or canoe a river. There aren't other great *entertainment* options, but the nice thing about Alaska in the summer is that even when there are no shows there's a lot to do.

I remember vaguely leaving the main room and going downstairs and picking up some girl form oshawa, who liked to bite.

That sounds unpleasant. How did she merit an 8?

wmgaretjax
03-24-2008, 06:49 PM
I first thought this was about Adrian Orange, and I was going to say fuck yeah. Meh...

TickleMeElmo
03-24-2008, 07:14 PM
You should come down to Anchorage for Wilco in July, assuming they ARE playing here. A friend of mine said a while back that Third Eye Blind and Wilco are playing Bears Tooth and she got the first one right, so I'm assuming she's right about the second one too. Too bad I'll probably be moved by then...

Cpt. Funkaho
03-24-2008, 07:38 PM
You should come down to Anchorage for Wilco in July, assuming they ARE playing here. A friend of mine said a while back that Third Eye Blind and Wilco are playing Bears Tooth and she got the first one right, so I'm assuming she's right about the second one too. Too bad I'll probably be moved by then...

Yeah, Third Eye Blind will be playing here too, on June 20th... I'll be out of town doing the Kluane Chilkat bike race from Haines to Haines Junction. Which is fine, because I've never been a big fan of Third Eye Blind. Wilco, on the other hand, I think I would make an effort to be in town for.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep my eyes open.

york707
03-24-2008, 07:48 PM
If I don't see the show? Probably climb a mountain, do a hike in Denali Park, fish for salmon, or canoe a river. There aren't other great *entertainment* options, but the nice thing about Alaska in the summer is that even when there are no shows there's a lot to do.

Those places aren't going anywhere. Well, not this summer anyway.

I'm a big Agent Orange fan, so I would obviously go.

frozen pilgrim
03-24-2008, 08:03 PM
yeah. they're worth it if you live in alaska, that's for god damn sure