PDA

View Full Version : Who's been watching the DVD alot lately?

Senor Cardgage
03-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I made a thread about this last year but cant for the life of me find the damn thing.

Sure the movie isnt perfect by any means, but its the easiest way to get my fix in the run up to the festival.

Been watchin it at least once a week, dorky as that seems.

Anyone else been gearin up by watchin the Coachella dvd?

sbessiso
03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
i've never seen it, I kinda forget it exists

paulb
03-23-2008, 05:58 PM
ya, i watched it last week...pretty good stuff... More focused on the environment and vibe than the actual music... I prefer the Woodstock 99 movie.

Senor Cardgage
03-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I actually kinda prefer that it was focused on the environment/vibe more.

The performances are great, but its all that other stuff that makes it so special.

sbessiso
03-23-2008, 06:00 PM
prefer the Woodstock 99 movie.

is there any footage of rape?

whynotsmile99
03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
i love the coachella DVD. i think it represents the festival, very very well and why i keep going back each year. The performances are all strong and varied and aer very well shot. It does a great job showing what the festival is really like, the vibe, the people, atmosphere, art, etc. I watch it the week before the fest and get totally giddy. It always makes my friends who are not going jealous, as they all say it looks fantastic. I look forward to another dvd.

haven't seen woodstock 99, but Glastonbury was a terrible, terrible film. Good performances (lots of good ones on the bonus disc as well), but aside from that was an over long mess. Worst of all, it didn't make me want to go to Glastonbury. It made it seem like a chore. I swear, a good 45 minutes of the movie was following some cop in night vision as he busted kids trying to break in.

BORING

JClemy
03-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm gonna watch it now. I almost forgot about it

paulb
03-23-2008, 06:42 PM
is there any footage of rape?

plenty o rapage...

Grignard
03-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I've watched it about three times in the last two months. sbessiso is missing out. I def agree with whynotsmile99: the doc does a great job of capturing the festival.

sbessiso
03-23-2008, 06:51 PM
making a combo purchase on tuesday of the new raconteurs and this Coachella dvd

boredofcanada
03-23-2008, 07:05 PM
saw it in the theatre when it was released.....only problem i had with it was it didnt show squarepusher enough....me and my friends also flipped out when we saw the sahara tent.....first time i ever saw it....can't wait.
e

drowningmatt
03-23-2008, 08:16 PM
I've watched it every week since the line up was announced. Showed it to my buddy and he freaked, this year is his first year.

johnnypolite
03-23-2008, 08:23 PM
I love the Coachella DVD and am hoping that they make another one.

JClemy
03-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I would love to see last years Arcade Fire on a new one

frozen pilgrim
03-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I haven't yet been able to procure the dvd.
I can't find it anywhere that isn't online.
so

anyone want to point me in the right direction to "digitally borrow" someone's copy?

pf, if this morally offends you, me and you can trade dvds for a couple weeks instead, I've got some good stuff...

but yeah.
anyone with a torrent or who's willing to upload it somewhere or something...
help a coachella junkie out, b!

shakermaker113
03-24-2008, 07:45 AM
I loved the way it captured the festival atmosphere & experience.

but I know people who try to watch it expecting a set of live clips, and they get annoyed when they interrupt for interviews and such.

personally I would have liked both -- one disc being a documentary, and a second disc with full length uninterrupted performances. (instead of that **** second disc we got with 30 second interviews).

I haven't yet been able to procure the dvd.
I can't find it anywhere that isn't online.

there will be plenty of copies available at the festival. and didn't someone say it was available on comcast on demand?

mr powerful
03-24-2008, 09:37 AM
I bought it quite by chance at a Computer all you can buy stuff store about three months ago, quite probably before the line up was announced, I'm not sure about that, tough. I've seen it about 10 or 15 times and problably will see it a couple of more times before the long weekend in April, I really love the song Lua by Bright Eyes, the part where the girl starts crying at the end of the song, I really identify with that emotion.

"cause what is simple in the moonlight by the morning never is, it was so simple in the moonlight now it's so complicated"......dammit.

BeHereNOW
03-24-2008, 09:44 AM
there is a very funny hidden bonus feature on cd2, anyone have seen that?
a couple of muppets telling jokes i think near sahara....

whynotsmile99
03-24-2008, 10:00 AM
is teh bonus disc even worth getting from netflix? The interview just last a few minutes right?

_lDFctw34-I

"basement jaxx road to Coachella"

wonderful youtube

Blinken
03-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Just ordered it from alibris. 12.99

Sonicifyouwantit
03-24-2008, 10:49 AM
ya, i watched it last week...pretty good stuff... More focused on the environment and vibe than the actual music... I prefer the Woodstock 99 movie.

I felt it was the opposite, had more time of band performances instead of popping in and out of sets and moving around the fest. Love it though, cant watch it let my friend borrow it and havnt got it back yet.

thelastgreatman
03-24-2008, 11:01 AM
While we're on the subject--could we please have the Coach DVD playing as the movie in the campgrounds this year? What the fuck was that shit with The Song Remains The Same? Just play the fucking DVD of the thing we're at, dickheads.

Senor Cardgage
03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Isnt that what they did last year?
It played on a loop in the WiFi tent.

Bud Luster
03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
yeah, the had the Coachella dvd playing on a loop in the wifi tent. Everytime I watch the dvd I rewind the Roni Size / Mc Dynamite part over and over and over...

scoop49er
03-24-2008, 03:09 PM
i throw it on like once every two weeks. makes me remember how special this fest is.

shotglass75
03-24-2008, 03:31 PM
they should actually just play previous years performances. You know they got that shit somewhere archived. slap the fucker on a DVD and crank the volume

humanoid
03-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I watched it the other night....definitely not once a week though....it sucks to say, because I've been in love with Coachella since it's birth, but I don't like the DVD that much.....some of the performance they chose were kinda week....just my opinion.........it is great for getting into the Coachella mood though...I think I enjoy all the scenes of the art installations, crowd, camping & tripped out lighting more than the bands on the dvd.....except for Belle & Sebastians's performance kicks ass!!

send me ctrpllrs
03-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I love the DVD. I watch it quite often, probably once every few weeks.

RickeyinLA
03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
My friend and I spent Easter weekend at Joshua Tree and Pioneertown (you should go). We swung by the Empire Polo Grounds and she took this photo of me in front of what would be the gate directly behind the Outdoor Stage. They were actually playing polo! Being there gave me bumps like a goose. Can't wait.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
they should actually just play previous years performances. You know they got that shit somewhere archived. slap the fucker on a DVD and crank the volume

I wish they would release a film every year. Every stage has camera men, it would sell so well.

algunz
03-24-2008, 10:32 PM
I watched it this evening with my daughter, and we danced around the living room to The Polyphonic Spree.

I am getting rather anxious.

Senor Cardgage
03-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Annnnd I just popped it in again at my office.

Bud Luster
03-26-2008, 01:06 PM
You still have 30+ days Cardgage - dont burn yourself out.

Jakewc151
03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I posted a thread about this in the misc. lounge, but right now the DVD is available completely for free if you have Comcast Cable in the US.

Just go to Channel 1 (on demand), then go to music, concert.tv, films and docs..

I just got done watching it for the fourth time!

Senor Cardgage
03-26-2008, 01:15 PM
They seriously need to bring back the robots that beat the shit out of each other.

Was it 04 when they threw the tv threw the windshield of that car?

ArcadeParade
03-26-2008, 01:59 PM
quick shot of Canada flag at end of Arcade = moi
just sayin.

Senor Cardgage
03-30-2008, 03:11 PM
And again.....

Senor Cardgage
04-12-2008, 02:50 PM
And Im watching it again.

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS BITCHEZZZZ!!!!

beavington
04-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I made a thread about this last year but cant for the life of me find the damn thing.

Sure the movie isnt perfect by any means, but its the easiest way to get my fix in the run up to the festival.

Been watchin it at least once a week, dorky as that seems.

Anyone else been gearin up by watchin the Coachella dvd?

i am waiting for my copy to come in the mail, so i can watch it. Whenever I have watched it, it immediately takes me back.

I would love it if they release another one with more performances, especially with the caliber of artists since the movie was made, it was pretty damn good before, but now would be nice to see