PDA

View Full Version : I won tickets to Carbon/Silicon tonight at the El Rey

whynotsmile99
03-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Doesn't quite make up for the death of my Ipod & XBox, not getting a job I went after and the whole prince thing yesterday, but still put a smile on my face

Thanks goldenvoice!

Anyone else going?

Should I go?

Anyone seen em before?

gaypalmsprings
03-19-2008, 06:45 PM
I got the email, but since I live so far away....have fun! There were only 10 wieners.

bmack86
03-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Doesn't quite make up for the death of my Ipod & XBox, not getting a job I went after and the whole prince thing yesterday, but still put a smile on my face

Thanks goldenvoice!

Anyone else going?

Should I go?

Anyone seen em before?

If you won the tickets you should definitely go. It'd be shitty to enter into the competition and then not claim the tickets when someone else could have gotten them.

Genedefekt
03-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I won tickets too. Then decided I couldn't go. So I emailed them back and said to give my tickets away to someone else. They instantly wrote back "Will do. Thanks!!" At least *I* don't feel guilty.

whynotsmile99
03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
I won tickets too. Then decided I couldn't go. So I emailed them back and said to give my tickets away to someone else. They instantly wrote back "Will do. Thanks!!" At least *I* don't feel guilty.

yep thats what i do. Only true blue assholes wouldn't do it

whynotsmile99
03-19-2008, 08:12 PM
looks like none of my friends can make it.

if i don't hear back from anyone in 10 min would anyone else want a ticket?

captncrzy
03-19-2008, 08:38 PM
If I had 24 hrs notice I could hop on a plane. But alas.

I hope you went-I saw their SXSW set on DirecTV. Looked fun.

fatbastard
03-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Crap. I would have taken it. Their set on SXSW was sad but I would be willing to give them another chance live for free rather than wasting time at Coachella. Time is everything at Coachella.

C DUB YA
03-20-2008, 07:19 AM
they are not that good - but Mick is legend

Sonicifyouwantit
03-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I won a pair as well. saw them at troubadour months ago.

paulb
03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
I won tix to Black Light Burns from GVs email.... gave them to my girlfriend though, since I dont live in LA.

nationocean
03-20-2008, 12:49 PM
I won a pair as well. saw them at troubadour months ago.

Hmm, something tells me they gave away more than 10 pairs of tix..

whynotsmile99
03-20-2008, 03:14 PM
the guy at the counter told me they had a ton of guest passes last night.

Great, great show. I thought they were really good. Very upbeat, good groovy jams. Sort of what I thought the Good The bad and The Queen would sound like as opposed to what they actually did. I could certainly hear a lot of Clash influence. Tony James is an awesome guitar player. I could have sworn Mick Jones dedicated a song to "...mick Jones" which was a bit strange.

The Itunes samples are a pretty good idea of what they sound like, with added jams. If it's your thing I would check it out at Coachella for sure

fatbastard
03-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Good to know. Thanks.