PDA

View Full Version : Stop Taking away good bands!!

patsfan5454
03-19-2008, 01:47 PM
TO many good bands are being pulled from the lineup every week!! first it was MADNESS, then recently it was THE NEW YOUNG PONY CLUB, and now its THE STREETS!! Stop taking away bands i wanna see! everytime they take away a band i like they add one i dont give two shits about!! (kate nash, above and beyond, goldfrapp, and serj) even aphex twin in my opinion isnt worth taking away the steets, so please coachella if your going to take away a good act replace it with ONE!!!

i_like_cake530
03-19-2008, 02:24 PM
No one likes you. Or the Patriots.

captncrzy
03-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Why are you under the delusion that it's the festival organizers that are dropping bands?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-19-2008, 02:39 PM
every week? hasnt happened that often and bands drop out every year. according to nypc they pulled out they were not dropped.

MonsoonSeason
03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't think many bands are dropped..

JClemy
03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
The bands are dropping dude. He is right though, no one does like the Patriots!

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/dispatch/images/feb/seau04_02-04-08_C7_VF98K66.jpg
FAIL

traviscanada
03-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey I like the patriots.

MonsoonSeason
03-19-2008, 02:46 PM
uh no they're pulling out. if they were dropped it'd be the festival's fault.

semantics but whutevvvvv

JClemy
03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Hey I like the patriots.

They pulled out of the superbowl lol. Lots of people like the Pats. At least you liked them before they were a dynasty.

traviscanada
03-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Ya I like all of the Boston teams, my favourite being the Bruins................ I also hate the Mannings.

JClemy
03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
See I never understood why people hate the Mannings so much. That seems like hating Brett Favre. I suppose I hate Brady though. He seems like such a douche.

http://bostonist.com/attachments/boston_caroline/101307-brady-stetson.jpg

CalmerThanYou
03-19-2008, 03:30 PM
uh no they're pulling out. if they were dropped it'd be the festival's fault.

semantics but whutevvvvv

No one should ever pull out. Reproduce!

Blinken
03-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah Brady is a douche, 18-1 made me so happy.

instinct
03-19-2008, 05:36 PM
WTF? The Streets got pulled? Can't believed I missed this.

JClemy
03-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Not everyone can cheer for the best NFL team though Blinken.

joppy-slow
03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
TO many good bands are being pulled from the lineup every week!! first it was MADNESS, then recently it was THE NEW YOUNG PONY CLUB, and now its THE STREETS!! Stop taking away bands i wanna see! everytime they take away a band i like they add one i dont give two shits about!! (kate nash, above and beyond, goldfrapp, and serj) even aphex twin in my opinion isnt worth taking away the steets, so please coachella if your going to take away a good act replace it with ONE!!!

I don't think Coachella has much of a say on who drops out ??? they can't control how much coke or smack a singer does?? but fuck it.. if Amy Winehouse can make it to Coachella and play, you would think almost every band on the Coachella poster has a good shot of making it to the fest...

PrettyRagdoll
03-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Ya I like all of the Boston teams, my favourite being the Bruins................ I also hate the Mannings.

Ahh.. A fellow true Pats fan. The was one of the hardest things about us [us being the Patriots] loosing the Superbowl.

We lost to a Bullshit MANNING!

captncrzy
03-19-2008, 07:49 PM

I had the most funnest nights of my entire life in Boston. I hate the Pats though. But love the Red Sox.

clumsy342
03-19-2008, 09:00 PM
By my count...
They haven't taken away any good bands.

Sorry Rage.

rage patton
03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
By my count...
They haven't taken away any good bands.

Sorry Rage.

Don't worry. Its not your fault you don't have any taste in music.

superfiction
03-19-2008, 09:26 PM
just leaves more money in the pot for groooove armada or the prodigy. although i am sad about nypc

Cpt. Funkaho
03-19-2008, 09:29 PM
just leaves more money in the pot for groooove armada or the prodigy. although i am sad about nypc

I want so badly for either of these bands to be added. If either were, I would probably be happier about this year than last year, which is really saying something.

superfiction
03-19-2008, 10:18 PM
yeah man. to be honest id rather see groove armada. but either one sounds tastey

clumsy342
03-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Don't worry. Its not your fault you don't have any taste in music.
I have taste in music.
just, you know.. good taste.
that's all.

Seriously though, I've never heard Madness. Well, not more than one song. Are they really that good? What are they like?

JClemy
03-20-2008, 07:28 PM
I have taste in music.
that's all.

Seriously though, I've never heard Madness. Well, not more than one song. Are they really that good? What are they like?

I like how you have no idea what the band sounds like lol.

Some of the bands I'm most excited about are the ones I've just recently discovered.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I have taste in music.
that's all.

watch the The Young Ones

woops forgot the pic, here
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/sonicifyouwantit/youngones_1_396x222.jpg

amyzzz
03-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't mind these drops much, although I would've liked to have seen Madness. I hope there aren't any more drops.

rage patton
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I have taste in music.
that's all.

Heeeeere we go.

One Step Beyond
N-uyWAe0NhQ

Baggy Trousers
XJOLwy7un3U

and of course...
SceUX2HOHeU

And Madness are one of my favorite bands of all time. So yes. They are that good.

rage patton
03-20-2008, 08:29 PM
watch the The Young Ones

woops forgot the pic, here
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/sonicifyouwantit/youngones_1_396x222.jpg

ahahaha. Best show ever!

FmxRdx7HMME

"None of you even gave the slightest consideration to a single word I said!"
"That's because you are very boring!"

Oh, Vivian...

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 09:39 PM
not really a pats fan, big tom brady fan though

clumsy342
03-20-2008, 09:52 PM
okay -

I have heard 'one step beyond' before.
And when I said "what are they like?", I meant like.. make a comparison. Sell me on them. I already knew they were ska/punk, though not familiar with their stuff.

That being said.. to each his own.
But I can't get behind that.

EDIT: And honestly, no one on this board or who goes to Coachella for that matter can have "no taste in music".
...that was a bizarre way of phrasing it, but you get the point.

rage patton
03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
They are like The Specials, but more poppy. They, along with the Specials, started the 2tone movement. They made it so that bands like The English Beat and The Skatalites could get more attention. They are incredibly influential. If you dont like reggae/ska/punk, I can understand.
And sorry, I didn't mean you have no taste in music. I just can't stand by idley and listen to Madness get dissed for no reason. No hard feelings.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-20-2008, 11:17 PM
yeah rage, I think my favorite episode was oil I remember when it used to come on mtv also the our house vid I remember when that came out and mtv used to play it all the time... oh how times have changed.