PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Bowl Encore Offer 2008

suprefan
03-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Except the bitches figured out the glitch from last year and they are doing it on their ticketing syetem now. Crap, I wanna get awesome Nick Cave tickets before anyone else can snag em!!

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/bowl_plan_now.cfm

The 2008 season at the Hollywood Bowl features jazz, classical, world music and more, including such highlights as Joshua Bell, Bugs Bunny, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Sarah Chang, Feist, Eric Idle, Lang Lang, Yo-Yo Ma, Diana Ross, Salonen Leads Mahler's 8th, Sing-A-Long Sound of Music, and John Williams, to name only a few.

For a short time, you can buy tickets to the Bowl before the Box Office opens, save money with a flat-rate handling fee, and receive a voucher for an additional pair of tickets for free. All you have to do is order five concerts now.

Edit: And how the hell does Ozomatli command to be the closing night for KCRW world fest?

double edit: HIPPIE FEST!!

Sunday Sept 21st Hollywood Bowl
Ozomatli
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Lila Downs • Nortec Collective

fatbastard
03-19-2008, 05:58 AM
It seems like that snag in the system has been like that for two seasons. The weird part about it is that this season's lineup looks like they are going to need a snag to sell tickets.

I've lucked out over the last couple of years with Herbie Hancock, Diana Krall, Zero 7, Jose Gonzales, Underworld and whoever else I forgot.

They are going to have to pay me to go see Ozomatli at the bowl. Us people in row X are a fickle crowd.

whynotsmile99
03-19-2008, 07:46 AM
nick cave. awesome

ThomThom
03-19-2008, 09:11 AM
That schedule is terribly underwhelming. My condolences Henry.

Boourns
03-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Yeah, that's a very weak schedule. So what indie rock band will be doing an orchestra set this year...none?

I want to go to the Feist gig, but $96 for good seats? Ouch.

suprefan
03-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Im going with Gnarls, they have a string section, it can be them but it doesnt say yet.

luckyface
03-19-2008, 09:58 AM
The original schedule last year looked weak, too, from what I recall. Later on they added Underworld, Groove Armada, and Shadow/Chemist.

suprefan
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Actually, Underworld was on the schedule to begin with. I remember looking through the listings last year and they had them listed, thats why I bought my ticket for it on the encore offer even though it look like it wasnt them playing.

fatbastard
03-19-2008, 10:36 AM
I still can't get over forgetting about The Flaming Lips and The Theivery Corporation. If the tickets had cost alot of money, I would have remembered to go. At 9 bucks a pop it's easy to see how someone could foget to go to the actual concert.

suprefan
03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Good one Henry, you know they fimed that Lips show for a possible DVD.

luckyface
03-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Actually, Underworld was on the schedule to begin with. I remember looking through the listings last year and they had them listed, thats why I bought my ticket for it on the encore offer even though it look like it wasnt them playing.

Wasn't it listed as only Oakenfold's show for a few weeks before Underworld was confirmed?

suprefan
03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
It did list just him, but then ticketmaster showed Underworld on it cause I wanted an onsale date for it I guess.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4532

fatbastard
03-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Cool. At least there's an opportunity to view what I missed:-)

shakermaker113
03-21-2008, 08:04 AM
so according to pitchfork (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/49419-gnarls-feist-devendra-deerhoof-play-kcrw-fest) the nick cave show on september 17th is going to be with spiritualized. that could be pretty neat. shame I can't make it to sothern california on a wednesday night.

I wonder if there will be a similar deal in northern california. hmm.

Ardentbiscuit
03-22-2008, 08:11 AM
They're had some odd pairings over the years but:

Etta James and Paulo Nutini in the same night.

And Gnarls Barkley and Deerhoof.

I don't know about those mixes.

Also, they shouldn't have that one night in ticketmaster listed as Philip Glass. If you look at the main calendar they are just playing his pieces, it appears he won't be there.

Ardentbiscuit
03-24-2008, 09:35 PM
The mailer, la weekly say Spiritualized but the Hollywood bowl website says cat power..

suprefan
03-24-2008, 09:35 PM
The mailer, la weekly say Spiritualized but the Hollywood bowl website says cat power..

Could be both, man Cat Power also? Triple bill, should be interesting... Def worth the 55 for garden seats.

diastereo
03-25-2008, 10:43 PM
i got my tix today using the Buy 5 Shows deal. they have awesome seats. snagged the first terrace box right in the center for nick cave and got row 1 of section G for thievery.

plus you can get alot of seats at one time. we got 14 tix for just the thievery show. my whole office is going together.

but the best part is they only charged you $1 service charge per ticket!