PDA

View Full Version : Line Up too Good....

Crackerfromcrenshaw
03-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah heard alot of complaining at first, then people researched the bands, fell in love, props GV, BUT i seriously need help, these are the bands i am interested in seeing, please feedback on bands i have not seen on whether they are any good live(bands i have seen will be in bold text, bands i have seen will just be normal)

Bands Interested in (with a few personal info)
Roger Waters - Great show, pretty sure 90% of crowd was stoned
Portishead
Kraftwerk - 04 Coachella, must see
Cut Copy
120 Days
Goldfrapp
Midnight Juggernauts
Hot Chip - Over and Over live '07 was indeed memorable
Autolux - similar unkle sound, and UNKLE is epic
Pendulum - never one of their live sets without blood on my shirt, shit gets crazy
Chromeo - two great songs, and a whole bunch of sub-par ones
Mum - I was convinced there was a god after seeing them
Metric - Coachella '06 was defined by Daft Punk, Tool, Sigur Ros and Metric for me (I thought Depeche would have been better but sound quality sucked)
The National I am seeing them at the Hollywood bowl in late may, but i fear that they might play a much more entertaining set at coachella
The Breeders - I still think Kim Deal is attractive, sorry, just do
Tegan and Sara - Had a great time at the les-fest setting in '05 coachella, i did not fit in with the crowd but still they put on a great show
Rilo Kiley - Im going to see them in hope that she will play me/man/then jim, never heard it live and missed her in '05 but caught her later on her tour earlier this year
SPIRITUALIZED - must see act, game.set.match
the Verve - i have had oppurtunities to see them a while back, but passed them by due to no previous knowledge on whether they're good live
Cinematic Orchestra
Death Cab for Cutie - Shoegazed the whole time but i might see them again
Sons and Daughters
Rogue Wave
Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip
Gogol Bordello - it was between him and bjork, bjork everytime
Holy Fuck - saw them last week, great show
Dredg . - Dredg + Coheed a while back, dredg was great, coheed well not my fav, spent way too much money to feel way out of place, but i did watch this kid stab himself in the neck on accident with his spike earings, i laughed so hard
Aesop Rock - ill see him only if its early
Architecture in Helsinki - Yea fucking trippy shit
Aphex twin - i know i said he is overrated as a dj, but nonetheless great show
Above and Beyond - right before portishead/kraftwerk would set me in the most altered state EVARRRR
Dmitri from Paris - if you feel like getting classy, check it out
Boys Noize
Booka Shade
Fatboy Slim
Deadmau5
Modeselektor
Junkie XL - gonna see at Ultra about 2 weeks, im psyched
Erol Alkan - just another dj
Dan Deacon - Representing the electro movement im sure he will play some Underworld, Crystal Method, or just some original beats of his own.

Justice - Yea decent show, but im intrigued by this new "setup"
Busy P - Im also just interested in this "after party" announcement
SMD - Decent show, but ill make this decision when set lists are out
KAvinSKy - the more i listen to his live sets, less i like him, but studio shit isnt half bad

Inform me please on bands im missing, or bands that i have a completely wrong perspective on, there are a few i left out on purpose like MGMT, Grand ole party, the bird and the bee, some others, simply because well, they will be around for a little longer, not to mention tours.
So Which bands do i cut from my list folks?

luckyface
03-18-2008, 03:58 PM
The only band I have seen of those you bolded was Cinematic Orchestra, and you do NOT want to miss them. They are amazing.

orbit
03-18-2008, 03:59 PM
where would you schedule them to play, luckyface?

miscorrections
03-18-2008, 04:04 PM
I would not miss 120 Days or The National. It's a bummer that for the latter your options are Coachella and/or the Bowl, because I think the more intimate the better, but their shows are really fantastic. Don't think the set list varies too much so I guess prioritizing them would be up to you. 120 Days are really good live, I can't remember their set list because I didn't know them when I saw them, but they definitely left me pleased.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-18-2008, 04:08 PM
omfg booka shade <3

luckyface
03-18-2008, 04:09 PM
where would you schedule them to play, luckyface?

That's a tough one. They definitely seem to me like a night time band, but I am unsure if they are big enough to play the Outdoor Theatre on Saturday night, which is where they would work best (a la Gotan Project last year). The Gobi is too small though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in the Mojave.

But I also think they would would work as a sunset act. Unfortunately, with a stacked Saturday night, I think the sunset position would be best time for them this year. I would hope for sunset at Outdoor Theatre.

Crackerfromcrenshaw
03-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Can we focus on which bands not too see? lol i umm ahhh cant see all the bands on the list, theres like 50, last year i only wanted to see 30 bands, saw 20... it was alot easier to cut 10 bands, but assuming i see 20 bands, that means i need to cut 30 bands... i know for a fact im gonna regret some on my decisions, guess i cant really make final decisions until set list come out, so either set list come out earlier or i just decide now im not gonna see some of the bands on my list now. So i would prefer that i eliminate a few now

orbit
03-18-2008, 04:21 PM
(bands i have seen will be in bold text, bands i have seen will just be normal)

i don't get this.

Crackerfromcrenshaw
03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
i don't get this.

Bold text = bands i have not seen
Not bold text = bands i have seen

I want input on which bands i should see at coachella, i have seen a lot of the bands before but still would not mind seeing them again in a coachella atmosphere. So with the knowledge of this i am asking fellow coachellagoers whether they think the bands i have not seen i should/shouldn't see, or whether the bands i have already seen i should/shouldn't see

Crackerfromcrenshaw
03-18-2008, 04:40 PM
NOW I HAVE TO ADD PRINCE INTO MY LINE UP O M F G

ArcadeParade
03-18-2008, 04:59 PM
still cant believe Prince@!!?@@#?$@!

nationocean
03-18-2008, 05:03 PM
i don't get this.

glad i'm not the only one, you repeated the same thing even though you were trying to say what you thought you said..

you heard me..

:)

brando4n82
03-18-2008, 05:08 PM
you should do yourself a favor and check out Does It Offend You, Yeah?
really awesome heavy dance rock

rage patton
03-18-2008, 05:17 PM
If Prince is added (http://theguide.latimes.com/blogs/soundboard/2008/03/18/prince-to-be-added-to-coachella-bill)... I will loose my fucking mind.

damon8
03-18-2008, 05:24 PM
NOW I HAVE TO ADD PRINCE INTO MY LINE UP O M F G

Prince?!? huh is he added?!?

jonnypark
03-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I am in my schools library right now and I just fucking lost it reading that
MUTHA FUCKIN PRINCE

zando27
03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Where did you see any info about a Busy P/ Ed Banger "afterparty?"

Sonicifyouwantit
03-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Where did you see any info about a Busy P/ Ed Banger "afterparty?"

last year it was the monday after at echoplex in LA

orbit
03-18-2008, 08:30 PM
it's basically kavinsky fucking his set up, and busy p trying to help him at the same time he tries to teach sebastian how to use the mixer.

Crackerfromcrenshaw
03-18-2008, 09:11 PM
it's basically kavinsky fucking his set up, and busy p trying to help him at the same time he tries to teach sebastian how to use the mixer.

LOL