PDA

View Full Version : LONDON REPRESENT!!!

DizzeeGaro
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
so who, like me, is coming over from London, UK?

This will be my first time at Coachella, woooooo!

Americans, are us Brits well received? OR are we just limeys who drink tea with the queen and have big teeth? :)

Bud Luster
03-18-2008, 12:19 PM
of course you are just limeys who drink tea and have bad teeth, but you are well recieved. You wont find the thuggery and chavs that you do at UK fests.

M Sparks
03-18-2008, 12:21 PM
As long as you don't ACTUALLY drink tea with the queen, you'll be fine.

DizzeeGaro
03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
of course you are just limeys who drink tea and have bad teeth, but you are well recieved. You wont find the thuggery and chavs that you do at UK fests.

oh man, thats what i cant wait to get away from. Reading Festival is my local festival, usually a great weekend, but ALWAYS spoilt by little brats who are away from home for a weekend for the first time. Apparently destroying already antiquated facilites is what the cool kids do these days. But the Polo fields look absolutley lush!!

I've never had tea with the queen, and to be honest whenever shes on tv, she looks like the kind of person thats really up her own arse haha. Although i will be bringing my favourite tea with me, my sister advised me that on a recent trip to LA, it was nigh on impossible to get a normal cup of tea without it being flavoured with some wildberries and elderflower.

NiceArthur32
03-18-2008, 12:27 PM
yeah theres a lot of fake tea teas in L.A

DizzeeGaro
03-18-2008, 12:29 PM
haha all come hunt me down, ill bring some NORMAL tea! although you never know, i might develop a taste for coffee. doubt it though, tastes like arse.

summerkid
03-18-2008, 12:30 PM
oh man, thats what i cant wait to get away from. Reading Festival is my local festival, usually a great weekend, but ALWAYS spoilt by little brats who are away from home for a weekend for the first time. Apparently destroying already antiquated facilites is what the cool kids do these days. But the Polo fields look absolutley lush!!

I've never had tea with the queen, and to be honest whenever shes on tv, she looks like the kind of person thats really up her own arse haha. Although i will be bringing my favourite tea with me, my sister advised me that on a recent trip to LA, it was nigh on impossible to get a normal cup of tea without it being flavoured with some wildberries and elderflower.

People at Coachella are some of the friendliest people that you'll come across. Great Vibes and great times.

Mellow J
03-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I will personally try and ruin your festival. Rage won't be there this year, stay at home you annoying little prick and drown in your flooded field, leave coachella to the beautiful ones.

Bud Luster
03-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Yup, the polo fields are perfect for a fest. No rain, no mud. its hot as hell im sure you have figured out.

People at Coachella are some of the friendliest people that you'll come across. Great Vibes and great times.

Yup, summerkid is right. Even though we are assholes to each other on this bbs, none of that bullshit actually carries over to the fest.

DizzeeGaro
03-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I will personally try and ruin your festival. Rage won't be there this year, stay at home you annoying little prick and drown in your flooded field, leave coachella to the beautiful ones.

Too late, i'm an ugly bastard, with bad teeth, non refundable plane tickets, a villa booked and coachella tickets in hand. See you in Strasbourg

Bud Luster
03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Turns out mellow J aint so mellow.

M Sparks
03-18-2008, 12:57 PM
haha all come hunt me down, ill bring some NORMAL tea! although you never know, i might develop a taste for coffee. doubt it though, tastes like arse.

I have a feeling coffee in the UK is like tea here. You've probably never had good coffee, just like I've probably never had good tea.

You can buy "normal" British tea in stores here. But getting it in a restaurant might be tricky, and they won't know how to make it right.

Mellow J
03-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Idiots.

Americans didn't invent coffee, we drink lots of coffee too.

"normal" British tea, or English Breakfast Tea as it is actually called is available all over the world and is only one of thousands of teas.

You are all a bunch of cunts. especially the "oooh i'm totally from LDN and cool" Get back to shoreditch you Alan Titchmarsh loving prick.

SFChrissy
03-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Turns out mellow J aint so mellow.

Will you please put his arse in check???

Mellow J
03-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Woo-Ha!

I gots you all in check.

NiceArthur32
03-18-2008, 01:13 PM
i never knew people got so passionate over coffee and tea...

gratytrainridesagain
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM

Your new avatar rocks one of the few funny things congrats

Sonicifyouwantit
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
seems there are more and more brits there every year.

DizzeeGaro
03-18-2008, 04:06 PM
seems there are more and more brits there every year.

I think we're just fed up of the rain and razorlight...

DizzeeGaro
03-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Mellow J, why so angry?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Mellow J, why so angry?

your avatar reminds me of hot fuzz

DizzeeGaro
03-19-2008, 02:29 AM
your avatar reminds me of hot fuzz

haha yea, those evil grannies!

although with a closer look, you'll see that its dear old queen lizzy!

londontoronto
03-19-2008, 02:36 AM
actually tim hortons coffee from canada is like a drug, the best shit ever.

earl grey tea for me + white tip malboros (something i cant wait for)
= heaven

and mellowj is certainly not mellow,stop referencing east london and shorditch
you monkey.

your getting irate over nothing, considering the fact you always have
to throw in sly remarks and references to a place that you seem to detest

DizzeeGaro
03-19-2008, 05:24 AM
= heaven

what a plan batman!!

Although i'm bringing a box of PG Tips with me, i won't last 3 weeks without it!

amy2705
03-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Coachella is awesome you will have a good time,i might have to hunt you down and steal a tea bag though.

londontoronto
03-19-2008, 05:38 AM
twinnings .mmm

ya i miss the white tips- soo much nicer!

im heading to reading next year for uni in october.
so possbily might check that festival too...

londontoronto
03-19-2008, 05:46 AM
also whos up for a kick about?
lol

DizzeeGaro
03-19-2008, 06:32 AM
twinnings .mmm

ya i miss the white tips- soo much nicer!

im heading to reading next year for uni in october.
so possbily might check that festival too...

I've been to Reading 5 times (i live about 30 mins drive away) , and each time the atmosphere in the camp has got progressivley worse (so too the line ups incidentally).

but this years looks promising, supposedly The Killers, Rage and Metallica headlining, along with a Slipknot comeback! GRRRR!

marooko
03-19-2008, 06:50 AM

its the caffeine.

DizzeeGaro
03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
also whos up for a kick about?
lol

haha yea id be up for a game of soccer!

londontoronto
03-19-2008, 09:22 AM
who bringing the 'soccer' ball.

might just grab one at walmart on the thursday or something.

Mellow J
03-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I've been to Reading 5 times (i live about 30 mins drive away) , and each time the atmosphere in the camp has got progressivley worse (so too the line ups incidentally).

but this years looks promising, supposedly The Killers, Rage and Metallica headlining, along with a Slipknot comeback! GRRRR!

You realize that you're really not going to enjoy this festival. don't waste your time. Lillyshite scum.

See you in the Sahara... chair roooooooight. heady.

summerkid
03-19-2008, 11:36 AM
who bringing the 'soccer' ball.

might just grab one at walmart on the thursday or something.

last year since there were so many people from all over the world coming to Coachella (mostly because of Rage) they had a little world cup tourney on the campgrounds. Think Mexico pretty much dominated that thing.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Coachella is awesome you will have a good time,i might have to hunt you down and steal a tea bag though.

haha, just dont go around asking for a tea bag...means something different here, well Im sure it means the same there too

SFChrissy
03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
actually tim hortons coffee from canada is like a drug, the best shit ever.

= heaven
and mellowj is certainly not mellow,stop referencing east london and shorditch
you monkey.

your getting irate over nothing, considering the fact you always have
to throw in sly remarks and references to a place that you seem to detest

You should actually try the American Spirits cigs...no chems like the Marlboro and there's a tent at the fest that gives you 2 packs complimentary!!!

By The Way...do you guys still have "Hob Nobs"??? They are a roll of flat cookies my friend used to bring back from england when she would go see her boy...

Mellow J
03-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Do you guys still have that monkey banana raffle?

Ahhhhhhhhh whip cracka!

DizzeeGaro
03-19-2008, 02:33 PM
You should actually try the American Spirits cigs...no chems like the Marlboro and there's a tent at the fest that gives you 2 packs complimentary!!!

By The Way...do you guys still have "Hob Nobs"??? They are a roll of flat cookies my friend used to bring back from england when she would go see her boy...

if there were no hob nbs, society would crumble. chocolate hob nobs are the way forward. oh yea, and they're biscuits... :-P

MonsoonSeason
03-19-2008, 02:39 PM
hey dizzee just one question

what the hell is up with twiglets?

Mellow J
03-19-2008, 03:06 PM
hey dizzee just one question

what the hell is up with twiglets?

Twiglets originate from the gardens of English period writer Jane Austin. After a brisk morning walk in her private quad located in the southern tip of Blackheath, Jane tripped and poked her eye on the twig of a bonsai tree.

"Gor blimey" she pondered, "wassin this browned protuberance?". Looking down at the pointy shard of japanese topiary Jane wondered to herself, "If i licked it, would it please me lips, tongue and liver?". The answer obviously was, no. So on her return to the pantry the young literary genius dipped it into a pint of bishops finger that had been sat on the hob since the previous nights rambunctious soiree. "Well this taste lavly!" she chortled, then jumped on the phone to Nestle, then known as untied dairies and sold them the idea of twiglets we know today!

... AND NOW YOU KNOW!

Pricks.

DizzeeGaro
03-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Twiglets originate from the gardens of English period writer Jane Austin. After a brisk morning walk in her private quad located in the southern tip of Blackheath, Jane tripped and poked her eye on the twig of a bonsai tree.

"Gor blimey" she pondered, "wassin this browned protuberance?". Looking down at the pointy shard of japanese topiary Jane wondered to herself, "If i licked it, would it please me lips, tongue and liver?". The answer obviously was, no. So on her return to the pantry the young literary genius dipped it into a pint of bishops finger that had been sat on the hob since the previous nights rambunctious soiree. "Well this taste lavly!" she chortled, then jumped on the phone to Nestle, then known as untied dairies and sold them the idea of twiglets we know today!

... AND NOW YOU KNOW!

Pricks.

.....................riiiight, can i give you the number of some people i think you (or maybe a parent or guardian) should call....?

amy2705
03-19-2008, 03:32 PM
haha, just dont go around asking for a tea bag...means something different here, well Im sure it means the same there too

i was being totally innocent

Mellow J
03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
shut up. lucky lucky yid. good game though, Jordans baby's goal was good... Dimitar should've won it... oh well he'll be playing for a big club next year.

instinct
03-19-2008, 05:19 PM
so who, like me, is coming over from London, UK?

This will be my first time at Coachella, woooooo!

Americans, are us Brits well received? OR are we just limeys who drink tea with the queen and have big teeth? :)

You're so lucky.. Seriously.. GBP are worth so much, it's fucking crazy.. Everything is going to see so damn cheap to you. I want to move out of this country.

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 01:23 AM
SERIOUSLy, what a cracking game.

i thought cole had sealed, seriously dam Berba, had him ronaldo and cole
on the fantasty. Get in.

GRandstand SUNDAY .
predictions/
arsenal win 2-1 (van persie, adebayor) (ballack)
liverpool draw 1-1 (torres)(ronaldo)

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 02:15 AM
American Spirits cigs

intrigued

amy2705
03-20-2008, 04:47 AM
You're so lucky.. Seriously.. GBP are worth so much, it's fucking crazy.. Everything is going to see so damn cheap to you. I want to move out of this country.

yep its amazing

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 05:00 AM
it was amazing 6-9 months ago.
Now its something like 1.2 euros to 1gbp
and 2dollars to 1 gbp...just about.

i think i need to change those darwins for jacksons asap
before this shit gets worse.

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 05:23 AM
american spirits are not very good, and i said this in the other London thread, i'm not *from* London (or England) but I sure am a fan

long live the queen! (or something like that?)

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 05:49 AM
really,
what do you smoke on the regular?
smokes are rediculously expensive here

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 05:53 AM
i don't smoke anymore but i was a camels dude, i really do enjoy them, every now and then marlboro but it doesnt compare, american spirits are expensive here anyway

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 06:03 AM
i seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
well we dont get white tip filters here only those yucky brown ones.
and malboros in the states taste so much bettter.

but if there giving frree packs out, at least that saves me some flow
but i hope they dont taste like ass

MeowMixer
03-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Id be up for a tallyho and a cheerio and such tomfoolery!

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 06:05 AM
i seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
well we dont get white tip filters here only those yucky brown ones.
and malboros in the states taste so much bettter.

but if there giving frree packs out, at least that saves me some flow
but i hope they dont taste like ass

speaking of, why are the free cigarettes tent ALWAYS 21+, this makes no sense to me, i'd like a free pack (or 10)

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 06:17 AM
the deterent,
smoking is highly addictive-dont start.. in canada they have pictures
of ghastly things like lungs and teeth etc..

Whats the smoking law in california/?
restaurants...coo? or hell no

MeowMixer
03-20-2008, 06:21 AM
the deterent,

restaurants...coo? or hell no

They have those here too. Americans are just self destructive.

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 06:25 AM
im assumiing smoking is banned in public places
like in mosst of western civilization now

MeowMixer
03-20-2008, 06:27 AM
NO. YOU CAN SMOKE IN PUBLIC. IT'S GREAT.

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 06:32 AM
LOVELY.

MeowMixer
03-20-2008, 06:33 AM
I know it, I know it.

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 07:23 AM
if melow J is a chelsea supporter.

Everything makes pefect sense.

SFChrissy
03-20-2008, 07:41 AM
if there were no hob nbs, society would crumble. chocolate hob nobs are the way forward. oh yea, and they're biscuits... :-PLovely...You and LondonToronto bring the hobnobs and we'll have a smokeout snacking on the hob nobs...damn those crackers are delicious!!!

American Spirits cigs

intriguedChemical Free...and it's a 20 minute cigarete vs 3 minute Marlboro/Camel!!!

american spirits are not very good, and i said this in the other London thread, i'm not *from* London (or England) but I sure am a fan

long live the queen! (or something like that?)I used to think the same...I was a pack/day marlboro smoker, I stopped when I got prego and started again after the stresses of being a new mother sat in...the marlboro's made my tongue swell, got the dizzy faint, nausious feeling which summed up to the chemicals...I switched to AmerSpirits and went to a pack a week...there's no way you can smoke a whole one in a day...because the cigs have no accelerants the tobacco burns slower...which means you get more of a nicotine fix...

i don't smoke anymore but i was a camels dude, i really do enjoy them, every now and then marlboro but it doesnt compare, american spirits are expensive here anywayThere's only a .50 to .75 difference!!!

the deterent,

restaurants...coo? or hell noNo indoor smoke in public facilities...and in metro area 200 ft away from door entry/exit...some coachella snoobs will frown at you for smoking near them...

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 07:52 AM
hey, sometimes that .50-.75 difference is important, thats bus money right there

londontoronto
03-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Done and Done. Hobnobs it is.

ahhhh i knew the public smoking was too good to be true.
Forget those snobs, il make use of them as ashtrays.

regarding the american spirit tobaco, alot of people here
just roll up loose tobacco in rizlas,
in malboros and etc nearly all the chemicals are in the paper.
so it makes sense, but people usually make a judgement
that your either poor (bcoz its cheaper and alot of bums do it)
or a hippe.

but im down for an extra long chemical free smoke

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 07:57 AM
i havent smoked a cig in quite some time, but plan on chain smoking at coach, mmm a pack (or 10) of cloves will be so perfect

SFChrissy
03-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Done and Done. Hobnobs it is.

ahhhh i knew the public smoking was too good to be true.
Forget those snobs, il make use of them as ashtrays.

regarding the american spirit tobaco, alot of people here
just roll up loose tobacco in rizlas,
in malboros and etc nearly all the chemicals are in the paper.
so it makes sense, but people usually make a judgement
that your either poor (bcoz its cheaper and alot of bums do it)
or a hippe.

but im down for an extra long chemical free smoke

Yayyy...we both win!!!

DizzeeGaro
03-20-2008, 10:17 AM
if melow J is a chelsea supporter.

Everything makes pefect sense.

ah ha, that would certainly explain it!

Sonicifyouwantit
03-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I really think your prince is charming.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/sonicifyouwantit/princecharles.jpg

Mellow J
03-20-2008, 04:46 PM
ah ha, that would certainly explain it!

FUCK OFF.

I am not a fucking chelscum supporter, a yid or a Frenchman...

keep guessing.

Cheeeeelsea who ever you may be, you ain't got no history, Lamparps fat, Joe coles queer, your gonna win fuck all this year...

Lasagna... ooooh... Lasagna... ooooh... we laughed ourselves to bits... when tottscum got the shits... lasagna oooh...

Not sure of an arsenal chant... except it being like a library... or stuff about campbell and seaman which are outdated...

DizzeeGaro
03-21-2008, 01:04 AM
FUCK OFF.

I am not a fucking chelscum supporter, a yid or a Frenchman...

keep guessing.

Cheeeeelsea who ever you may be, you ain't got no history, Lamparps fat, Joe coles queer, your gonna win fuck all this year...

Lasagna... ooooh... Lasagna... ooooh... we laughed ourselves to bits... when tottscum got the shits... lasagna oooh...

Not sure of an arsenal chant... except it being like a library... or stuff about campbell and seaman which are outdated...

aaaaaaah he's a spammer, even worse!! but why the anger dude?

SFChrissy
03-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Why is mellow J still running his mouth when my ballz are in his mouth???

londontoronto
03-21-2008, 08:27 AM
i thought you were a girl?

SFChrissy
03-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I am...that's what's funny...I think it's in the I"m coming from london thread...he said he wanted to suck my ballz.

I choked with laughter cause I'm pretty sure it's obvious I'm a chick :D

DizzeeGaro
03-23-2008, 10:53 AM
so yea, whos actually coming from London (and when you flying out?)

amy2705
03-23-2008, 11:00 AM
myself and my friend fly out 20th from heathrow to LA we have a car spending three days in Las Vegas a day in Palm springs then Festival followed by a week of camping in various places. out for two weeks total. we came out last year and spent two weeks its amazing

boarderwoozel3
03-23-2008, 11:31 AM
londontoronto, your avatar is making me dislike chelsea even more at the moment.

londontoronto
03-23-2008, 04:55 PM
IM DYING, I WAS SO PISSED. AND I F'N HATE WHAT HAPPENED
TO LIVERPOOL EARLIER, IT MAKES ME SICK.
YET THERE IS STILL HOPE. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND STILL UTD CAN DROP POINTS, AGAINST US AND CHELSEA.

STILL 7 MORE GAMES

DizzeeGaro
03-24-2008, 03:34 AM
myself and my friend fly out 20th from heathrow to LA we have a car spending three days in Las Vegas a day in Palm springs then Festival followed by a week of camping in various places. out for two weeks total. we came out last year and spent two weeks its amazing

sounds like a good plan! im heading out from heathrow on the 22nd in time for the festival, then going on a mini roadtrip up Route 1, doin a bit of a wine tour, ending up in San Fran for a few days then back home on May 8!

DizzeeGaro
03-24-2008, 03:43 AM
oops double post

amy2705
03-24-2008, 03:48 AM
thats cool our second week is still very much up in the air, driving from San Diego along the ocean back to where ever we stay on our last night in LA thats all that is certain atm

fatbastard
03-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Why don't you come up to LA?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-24-2008, 10:55 AM
sounds like a good plan! im heading out from heathrow on the 22nd in time for the festival, then going on a mini roadtrip up Route 1, doin a bit of a wine tour, ending up in San Fran for a few days then back home on May 8!

if you are gonna be in Indio Thursday 24th, go to the filter preparty....there is a thread with info here if you use the search feature.

amy2705
03-24-2008, 12:45 PM
yeah im on the LA newsletter to find out details have you been before? not really heard many details

SFChrissy
03-24-2008, 12:59 PM

The view of the our coastline north of san luis obispo is absolutely amazing!!! Nothing like down south...I'm in pacifica on hwy 1 so wave on your way in!!!

Sonicifyouwantit
03-24-2008, 02:19 PM
yeah im on the LA newsletter to find out details have you been before? not really heard many details

yes this will be my third filter mag preparty...great way to start the weekend. if you want more details you can pm...or check the thread...its in this misc. babble forum.

londontoronto
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
explain this afterparty?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-25-2008, 12:11 PM
explain this afterparty?

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15125&highlight=filter+magazine

DizzeeGaro
03-25-2008, 02:10 PM
4 weeks till im in LA!!

Sonicifyouwantit
03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
4 weeks till im in LA!!

4 weeks till im out of LA and in Indio!

SFChrissy
03-26-2008, 08:07 AM
4 weeks till im in LA!!

explain this afterparty?

Don't forget the hob nobs!!!

watjoe
03-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Its my 1st time to Coachella too, really looking forward to it, dont know what to expect. Who knows i might miss the mud and rain of the English festivals!!!!

amy2705
03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
trust me when i say this..... there is no way in hell you will miss the rain and mud when at Coachella its like festival heaven if not heaven itself.

DizzeeGaro
03-26-2008, 10:55 AM
trust me when i say this..... there is no way in hell you will miss the rain and mud when at Coachella its like festival heaven if not heaven itself.

well thank fuck for that! you making the trip aswell amy?

amy2705
03-26-2008, 11:30 AM
yep i posted before my trip.
gutted about the cancelations so far though

DizzeeGaro
03-26-2008, 11:35 AM
yea been a few too many for my liking (Streets, madness mainly) when you heading over?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-26-2008, 12:13 PM
each year we get a few cancelations.

amy2705
03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
i dont seem to remember so many last year or maybe it just didnt affect who i was coming out to see so i wasn't that bothered. erm im out on the 20/4 heading to Las Vegas for 3 days and the palm springs for a night Coachella thursday going to go to pre party as no part of it sounds like a bad idea who knows after that not back in the UK till the 5/5.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
i dont seem to remember so many last year or maybe it just didnt affect who i was coming out to see so i wasn't that bothered. erm im out on the 20/4 heading to Las Vegas for 3 days and the palm springs for a night Coachella thursday going to go to pre party as no part of it sounds like a bad idea who knows after that not back in the UK till the 5/5.

well if you get time drive up to Yosemite Valley for a couple days after coachella. See you at the Preparty!

amy2705
03-26-2008, 02:44 PM
:O although another party sounds like a good idea probs won't get time as we fly out of LAX and it would just be too far out the way.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-26-2008, 03:37 PM
:O although another party sounds like a good idea probs won't get time as we fly out of LAX and it would just be too far out the way.

no im talking about the preparty thursday night. im just sayin if you have a week after coachella a drive up to yosemite would only take up a few days, unless you want to hit LA more.

Bud Luster
03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
San Diego its also a great place to decompress after the festival, better beaches than LA imo.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-26-2008, 10:44 PM
San Diego its also a great place to decompress after the festival, better beaches than LA imo.

cleaner anyway.

londontoronto
04-02-2008, 08:54 AM
comon you gooners

DizzeeGaro
04-02-2008, 10:57 AM
comon you gooners

i actually want you lot to win, those scousers annoy me so freeking much

CaliMag
04-02-2008, 11:06 AM
The Gooners are in many ways the ultimate team to hate:

1. They wear Red - the universal colour of glory hunters
2. They are from London - soft southern shite

What's not to hate?

That said I can't stomach the thought of another Liverpool appearance in a CL final... god forbid they win and there is "the first 5 were the easy part..." shite.

I also lived a year in Islington and I can't say I detested the Gooner fans I knew as universally as say ManU, Cardiff, makems or Leeds. But then these were actual fans as opposed to people living in Slough or Maidenhead (apologies in advance to Mr. Hornby).

Schalk for the Cup.

Sonicifyouwantit
04-02-2008, 12:11 PM
of course a thread titled london represent turns into a football conversation...hey at least I didnt call it soccer.

CaliMag
04-02-2008, 12:22 PM
of course a thread titled london represent turns into a football conversation...hey at least I didnt call it soccer.

You're right - we should talk about the Pearlies or some other London sub-culture.

Sonicifyouwantit
04-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Finally!

CaliMag
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
'ERE YA GO GUVNA!

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/3088506.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=310F5BD4C6CD10E98FAEA4EC26469A0AA55A1E4F32AD3138

londontoronto
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Dissapointing lads,
but well do em saturday and tuesday both!
im sure of it.

jog on

londontoronto
04-03-2008, 04:44 AM
The Gooners are in many ways the ultimate team to hate:

1. They wear Red - the universal colour of glory hunters
2. They are from London - soft southern shite

What's not to hate?

That said I can't stomach the thought of another Liverpool appearance in a CL final... god forbid they win and there is "the first 5 were the easy part..." shite.

I also lived a year in Islington and I can't say I detested the Gooner fans I knew as universally as say ManU, Cardiff, makems or Leeds. But then these were actual fans as opposed to people living in Slough or Maidenhead (apologies in advance to Mr. Hornby).

Schalk for the Cup.[/QUOTE]

Universal colour of glory hunters? thats nonsense.
I live in london, tbh anywhere else would be 'shite'
i could have supported chelsea when i was young
but i had a brain, and some heart.

Cmon Scum utd fans make me sick. Youll never find an
less arrogant or kinder fan than a gooner.
Most Scum UTD supporters have never been to OT
and if they have its once every five years to
keep up apperances.

dont get me started on those hack l'pool fans

NuttyVic
04-06-2008, 06:49 AM
IM COMMING FROM LONDOONN!!!

DizzeeGaro
04-07-2008, 08:35 AM
IM COMMING FROM LONDOONN!!!

HOORAY! whereabouts you travelling from?

amy2705
04-07-2008, 08:54 AM
i think we should try arrange some UK meet up if anyone is up for it

QPR..4thePrem!
04-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm up for some hob-nobs, game of footie & a cuppa rosylea PG... Oh & dont forget the Rizla ... Com'n Fenerbache

who knows the RRRRR's may be there soon !!! i hear you laugh:) but wait & see:thu

CaliMag
04-07-2008, 10:15 PM
who knows the RRRRR's may be there soon !!! i hear you laugh:) but wait & see:thu
I was laughing when I saw your forum name.
Still no one can accuse you of being a glory hunter. Are you Pete Dogherty in disguise?

fatbastard
04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Good morning England!

sonofhal
04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I think it may be quite a while before we see super hoops in the prem.

londontoronto
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
tonight!!!
comon gooners.
i seriously expect a win.!

OI OI
COMON Fenerbache

DEFINATELY BRINGING RIZZLAAAAA
THEY USE ZIGZAGS IN the states me thinks.
half the size, and no green card.
:(

CaliMag
04-08-2008, 08:20 PM
tonight!!!
comon gooners.
i seriously expect a win.!

OI OI
COMON Fenerbache

Well my soft soothern friend that's 0/2. I would sympathise but then I remember all of the trophies you've won and then I don't. The only downside is that Liverpool or Chelasea will be in the final and I find that intolerable... and worse yet it could be against ManU and then my head starts to hurt.

londontoronto
04-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Well my soft soothern friend that's 0/2. I would sympathise but then I remember all of the trophies you've won and then I don't. The only downside is that Liverpool or Chelasea will be in the final and I find that intolerable... and worse yet it could be against ManU and then my head starts to hurt.

HONESTLY
that was teh BIGGEST injustice ive seen in a while.
Not only were we the better team after two games.
Walcots goal should have sealed it, -were denied a
penalty and then on the same grounds have won
awarded against us.........so bitter to swallow.

QPR..4thePrem!
04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
At least it wasnt 1-1 again !!!,, cracking run by Walcott, hes starting to play a bit more lately, i like him, nice to see someone run at the defense, im sure he will end up scoring a hatfull for England !!!

Play-offs at least next season !!! Promotion 09/10 !! come on RRRRR's
nice to have some hope for a FFing change after all these years & nice to be in a relegation battle.........few new players in the summer & hopefully back to some sexy football circa 73-79..... i bet Stan the Man is smiling !!! what with Akos Buzsaky in the #10 shirt:thu
Supporting QPR teaches you to be humble !!! We've got more money than chelsea (but were not going to spend it all, Yet !! that Mittal chap...5/6th richest in world..20 bil !!! twice as much as roman ( does only own 20% but im not complaining) & supermodels @ Loftus Rd

So... are we all getting together for footie talk, spliff & boddingtons ?? Hoist the Union Jack !!
Im in San Jose, been here for 12 yrs !! whos bringing the Marmite:)

DizzeeGaro
04-09-2008, 11:48 AM
At least it wasnt 1-1 again !!!,, cracking run by Walcott, hes starting to play a bit more lately, i like him, nice to see someone run at the defense, im sure he will end up scoring a hatfull for England !!!

Play-offs at least next season !!! Promotion 09/10 !! come on RRRRR's
nice to have some hope for a FFing change after all these years & nice to be in a relegation battle.........few new players in the summer & hopefully back to some sexy football circa 73-79..... i bet Stan the Man is smiling !!! what with Akos Buzsaky in the #10 shirt:thu
Supporting QPR teaches you to be humble !!! We've got more money than chelsea (but were not going to spend it all, Yet !! that Mittal chap...5/6th richest in world..20 bil !!! twice as much as roman ( does only own 20% but im not complaining) & supermodels @ Loftus Rd

So... are we all getting together for footie talk, spliff & boddingtons ?? Hoist the Union Jack !!
Im in San Jose, been here for 12 yrs !! whos bringing the Marmite:)

come on the hoops! i support spurs but QPR are my most local team, so i look out for their results :)

we need mass union jackage at coachella.... whats the stance on bringing flags into the festival itself?

Sonicifyouwantit
04-09-2008, 12:18 PM
PRIIIIINNNNCCCCCEEEE!!!! sorry just had to run in here and scream that, back to soccer with you...oops football

londontoronto
04-09-2008, 12:21 PM
this whole prince fiasco has lifted the weight of the champions league defeat.

defo, footy, spliffs, tea,hobbnobbs
im down
15 days. so close. yet soo far.

QPR..4thePrem!
04-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Should imagine OK to bring flags in... with a pole ..probably not !!
Gotta stick one on the tent !!!
Alot of things are not allowed in this of land freedom & liberty !

i see we have a chelsea & watford representive on another thread, LT .. i see has already 'had words!' theres another 2... be interesting to know how many Brits will be there ?? just coming over & those of us here a good few me thinks !! Alot of British 'bands'

Oi Oi

QPR..4thePrem!
04-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Seeing Prince will be ok, never seen him before...... kinda glad he is Headlining sat ,,..................as im hoping that will make Portishead alot more enjoyable !!!...... Cant wait to see them again, been 10 yrs.... Not as long as its been since QPR were in the prem !!!:rotfl
but the same pain n' misery:)

londontoronto
04-11-2008, 12:52 AM
ha. good post.
ya portishead will be .........madnesss never seen them before.
I think there are quite a few brits coming this year.

Stefinitely Maybe
04-11-2008, 04:54 AM
I work in Canary Wharf and live near Finsbury Park - will be heading to Coachella for the fifth year running!

LunaVC
04-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Stefinitley Maybe

age? I work in Clerkenwell, originally from East London, live near Lakeside now tho.

JoePie
04-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Good Afternoon Gents,
me and my two brothers shall be in attendance representing Norfolk/Suffolk. My eldest brother's been in LA for about 8 years and is a Coachella regular. We're all well over six foot and will be staggering about in a drug and alcohol induced daze that is de rigeur at British festivals. I'll be wearing an England cricket hat and spazzing out down the front for the Verve. Staying at the Indian Palms counctry club next door. Getting very excited now, my little brother flies out on Monday, from terminal 5 lol. See you on the other side.

dormski
04-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi, This is my 5th year - work in Whitehall live in Sutton and am a Newcastle season ticket holder. Flying out next weekend so p*ssed off as I'm missing our home game against the mackems and one of the local games for me to get to v the hammers. But wouldn't miss Coachella for anything!

LunaVC
04-11-2008, 12:37 PM
my little brother flies out on Monday, from terminal 5 lol

Terminal 5?

Harsh. I feel sorry for him.

Basskitten85
04-11-2008, 12:38 PM
ill take some tea

londontoronto
04-11-2008, 01:59 PM
yup me 2 terminal 5 on the 24th

SFChrissy
04-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Don't forget to bring the Hob Nobbs...I just renewed my medical marijuanna card!!!

amy2705
04-12-2008, 12:19 AM
i fly terminal 5 on the 20th but i have managed to pack two weeks stuff into a rucksack in case they cant get it sorted.

sonofhal
04-12-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm flying with Virgin, so no T5 madness for me.

londontoronto
04-12-2008, 02:21 AM
yea was either ba or virgin,

i wana see what all the fuss is about.

dormski
04-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Yea Virgin for me, but haven't BA said there not moving their longhaul flights to T5 yet cos of the cockups??

sonofhal
04-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah - my wife went off to New york this morning with BA, and the flight had been moved back to T4

Sonicifyouwantit
04-12-2008, 01:57 PM
dont forget your sunscreen

londontoronto
04-12-2008, 04:04 PM
well see how much the dollar can fall in twelve days

DizzeeGaro
04-13-2008, 03:15 AM
anyone else flying out from T3 with Virgin at 3pm on the 22nd? I'm a loner on the way there! (My mates who I'm going with are currently touring S.America and are flying in from Lima!)

sonofhal
04-13-2008, 03:32 AM
Mine is at 11.30 on the 23rd, and there are 7 of us all flying over together.

amy2705
04-13-2008, 03:38 AM
nope 20th for us

londontoronto
04-13-2008, 03:54 AM
its been SUCH shitty weather here.
i CANT Wait to leave this dump.

Hail every other day for 30mins then sunshine?? like this
is weather on crack. and this is in London

eob4life
04-13-2008, 04:01 AM
its been SUCH shitty weather here.
i CANT Wait to leave this dump.

Hail every other day for 30mins then sunshine?? like this
is weather on crack. and this is in London

Well being in California, let me tell you it's been about 85 and sunny for the last couple of days!!!

Sonicifyouwantit
04-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Well being in California, let me tell you it's been about 85 and sunny for the last couple of days!!!

yes it has, yes it has...ahhhhh

coofal
04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Idiots.

Americans didn't invent coffee, we drink lots of coffee too.

"normal" British tea, or English Breakfast Tea as it is actually called is available all over the world and is only one of thousands of teas.

You are all a bunch of cunts. especially the "oooh i'm totally from LDN and cool" Get back to shoreditch you Alan Titchmarsh loving prick.

hohoho

londontoronto
04-15-2008, 01:38 AM
wasnt funny then.
isnt funny now.

that guys a git.

DizzeeGaro
04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
man im gonna be such a loner on my flight over :(

londontoronto
04-15-2008, 09:24 AM
same, but i dont really mind too much. meeting my boys at lax

londontoronto
04-15-2008, 09:32 AM
also read this in the london paper today on palm springs

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/cs/Satellite/london/activity%20breaks/article/1157151361312?packedargs=suffix%3DArticleControlle r

''Back in town, California’s answer to Glastonbury, the Coachella music festival kicks off, in 10 days time, with a line-up including Goldfrapp, Kate Nash, Portishead – and possibly Paris Hilton, who got caught smoking a joint there last year.''

mccormick's_nightclub
04-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey, as long as you're 21 or over stop by McCormick's Nightclub at 74-360 Highway 111 in Palm Desert and we'll be happy to extend our hospitality. I also have a couple of rooms available in case you or someone you may know needs a place to stay for a couple of days.

Sonicifyouwantit
04-17-2008, 05:57 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/sonicifyouwantit/ladies.jpg

would any of you be interested in spending time with a lady? Because thats what I am you see...a lady....

DizzeeGaro
04-22-2008, 01:32 AM
right im all packed up and heading to heathrow in an hour! see u all in a couple days! (unless your going to the FOTC instore in LA at amoeba records!) :D

londontoronto
04-22-2008, 01:37 AM
seee you out there mate.
i dont leave till thursday earllllllly morning.

safe journey