drowningmatt
03-18-2008, 05:36 AM
That sucks for us.

gaypalmsprings
03-18-2008, 05:38 AM
lucky Ron

superdeluxe
03-18-2008, 05:45 AM
This festival definately looks to have a different vibe compared to others.

heh.

Young blood
03-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Looks like I will be saving some money.

gaypalmsprings
03-18-2008, 05:56 AM
http://milehighmusicfestival.com/

the link is not working

superdeluxe
03-18-2008, 06:11 AM
the link is not working

Its working for me??...I dunno

betao
03-18-2008, 06:48 AM
well, thats one less festival to worry about.

canexplain
03-18-2008, 07:13 AM
cool, but yes, the link didnt work for me either ... sort of like phishing .... ill go online and see if i can find anything else out ... i like that lineup for a local fest ... yeaaaaaaa xxxx*****

canexplain
03-18-2008, 07:16 AM
well it looks for real this time :) x****

Names like Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, John Mayer and the Dave Matthews Band will perform at the first ever Mile High Music Festival in Commerce City this summer, it was announced Tuesday.

Organizers hope up to 50,000 people per day attend the shows at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on July 19-20.

Other names announced by CEO and President of AEG Live Rocky Mountain Region, Chuck Morris, Tuesday included Steve Winwood, Ingrid Michaelson, Leftover Salmon, Citizen Cope, and Meese.

In late December, Denver Zoo president Craig Piper told promoter AEG Live and city officials that he could not support the festival in Denver's City Park because of possible impact on the animals. That's when organizers turned to Dick's Sporting Goods Park.

The festival will take part on the series of soccer fields that surround the stadium.

Promoters plan two main stages and three smaller ones. Some 50 acts are planned over the two day event.

superdeluxe
03-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Not sure why the link is not working.

Is it because the www wasn't in there?

BlackSwan
03-18-2008, 09:23 AM
ewwwwwww

whynotsmile99
03-18-2008, 09:59 AM
there is an awful picture of John Mayber wearing that Borat bikini thing on a cruise ship in the new Blender magazine. I wish I could find it online to post it now

Boourns
03-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Wow, what a snoozer of a lineup.

canexplain
03-18-2008, 10:06 AM
oh come on , i know its not most peoples here cup of tea, but i think it will be fun .... if anyone is interested and going to come in from out of town, they can stay at my house .... x**** and myself, and teamcoachella, and J$$$ still want to be AEG'S local color .... we could post positive stuff all over the boards and internet .... hey PF, put in a good word for us .....x****

superdeluxe
03-18-2008, 10:17 AM
That might actually be decent if I had some mary jane and some rum.

MarkO
03-18-2008, 10:41 AM
As usual, I don't know anyone off the bottom 1/2 of the bill but the top 1/2 looks decent. I'd go if I were local.

canexplain
03-19-2008, 09:03 AM
its funny, if you search for mile high music festival on the internet, the first two hits come up with tatata.... the coachella board posts lol .... thats weird but kinda cool ...x****

scoop49er
03-19-2008, 09:12 AM
if it was local i would go:

Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers
John Mayer
The Black Crowes
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Steve Winwood
Spoon
Flogging Molly
The Roots
Moe

10 bands for 2 days not too bad....... but im not local and outside lands will get my 2nd fest money

scoop49er
03-19-2008, 09:13 AM
when it comes to festivals, this board gets info qucik. alot of good music loving people here!

superdeluxe
03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
when it comes to festivals, this board gets info qucik. alot of good music loving people here!

I'm on the Tom Petty mailing list..and got a 'fast blast' saying they would be headling it :D

nationocean
03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Since when did Denver become Kentucky or Alabama? Really, jam bands and hippie bands need to stay out of Colorado. Just because Boulder college kids smoke pot doesn't mean the rest of the state should be punished..

Young blood
03-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Since when did Denver become Kentucky or Alabama? Really, jam bands and hippie bands need to stay out of Colorado. Just because Boulder college kids smoke pot doesn't mean the rest of the state should be punished..

At least we have monolith. Chuck Morris forgot what it means to diversify.

zh3388
03-21-2008, 05:57 AM
wow

canexplain
03-21-2008, 04:54 PM
At least we have monolith. Chuck Morris forgot what it means to diversify.

i saw on pollstar that monlith is on for 08 .. i was looking for shows for peeps to go to that are coming for the dnc ....not much right now ....anyway tics tomorrow for MHF...c****

Young blood
04-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Has become what Bonaroo and Vegoose used to be with the recent adds. Im still not thrilled but may end up going.

canexplain
05-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Has become what Bonaroo and Vegoose used to be with the recent adds. Im still not thrilled but may end up going.

yb i thought you already were going ... ? yeaaa friday btw ..

... i will get with info boards this weekend and see if they can change the things i cant on the vegoose info board to be the mile high fest board .. if it happens i will let you guys know and maybe you could drop over there sometimes ... and i hope this isnt considered spam .... x****

canexplain
07-22-2008, 09:02 AM
so what did you think youngblood? x****

Young blood
07-22-2008, 09:51 AM
I posted about in your other thread.

It was coachella 2004 without any music. The tents were exactly the same I think the stages could have been the same. It was hot and to many people 40,000 each day I bet AEG racked in close to $15 mil easily.
It was nice to have all the shade tents and the stadium next door open with craft beers and air conditioning. I just hope next year the acts are more diverse. The ones I did see put on a great show though. I tried to find you at the nokia booth. The sound systems were incredible flogging molly played on the stage next to black crows and there was no sound bleed over.

I couldnt believe how many vendors there were for food. Beer 8 bucks hahahahaha. The water refill stations were awesome. I made friends with the door guy at the merchant gate he let me go in and out to my car all day for beer I had in a cooler.

Im excited for next year, It was an amazing set-up with view of the mountains and downtown. I just hope they have a coachella type of line up next year.

it was also nice to be able to bring in chairs and umbrellas. Not that I did but a lot of the older folks seemed pleased about it.

canexplain
07-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Yes they really have to work on the lineup next year, although this was a touring fest so it made sense who was playing …. So besides the music, I would give the festival an 8 our of 10 … I thought it was really run well … we did get busted for food the first day which sucked since they didn’t say you couldn’t bring in food … the sound was excellent, it wasn’t crowded even with 50k, plenty of free water, lots of food you didn’t have to stand in line for very long, we could get to our car in less then 3 minutes from the entrance, I got turned around the first night, but the 2nd night it took about 15 minutes to get home, I liked the shade tents all over the venue, lots of nice people, didn’t see any costumes cept me and my dog tail, all in all, a really good festival that I hope and think will be around next year …. My Nokia thing was a blast too … everyone else got flown in from out of state or out of country, and they got free tics to both days, and a hotel room, so I was bummed about that … I did get a nifty phone that I get to keep … good times …I have a short slide show on a site, but I don’t know how to connect it to here …..x****

Young blood
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Yes they really have to work on the lineup next year, although this was a touring fest so it made sense who was playing …. So besides the music, I would give the festival an 8 our of 10 … I thought it was really run well … we did get busted for food the first day which sucked since they didn’t say you couldn’t bring in food … the sound was excellent, it wasn’t crowded even with 50k, plenty of free water, lots of food you didn’t have to stand in line for very long, we could get to our car in less then 3 minutes from the entrance, I got turned around the first night, but the 2nd night it took about 15 minutes to get home, I liked the shade tents all over the venue, lots of nice people, didn’t see any costumes cept me and my dog tail, all in all, a really good festival that I hope and think will be around next year …. My Nokia thing was a blast too … everyone else got flown in from out of state or out of country, and they got free tics to both days, and a hotel room, so I was bummed about that … I did get a nifty phone that I get to keep … good times …I have a short slide show on a site, but I don’t know how to connect it to here …..x****

link?....you got a phone too? Lucky.

Yeah traffic going in sunday was a bitch. 1 hr on quebec st, but if I was driving I would of had us there and parked in 10 mins flat.