PDA

View Full Version : Raconteurs New Album

judila
03-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Just curious to know what people think about this...

The Raconteurs are happy to announce that in one week’s time their second album, entitled “Consolers Of The Lonely”, will be available EVERYWHERE Tuesday, March 25th.

“Album” meaning: full length vinyl, CD and digital formats; and “everywhere” meaning: local mom and pop Indie retailers, corporate superstores, supermarkets, iTunes, Amazon, the band’s own website and any other location that could get the record up and going this quickly (some places couldn’t move this fast, so they will join in as soon as they can).

It contains 14 new recordings and is being released globally on Third Man Records in conjunction with our marketing/distribution partners, XL Recordings and Warner Brothers Records.

The album was mastered and completed in the first week of March. It was then taken immediately to a vinyl pressing plant. Then to a CD pressing plant. Then preparations to sell it digitally began. March 25th became the soonest date to have it available in EVERY FORMAT AT ONCE. The band have done no interviews or advertisements for this record before this announcement.

The purpose: to get the album to the fans as soon as possible and as we promised. We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it’s availability, reception or perception.

With this release, The Raconteurs are forgoing the usual months of lead time for press and radio set up, as well as forgoing the all important “first week sales”. We wanted to explore the idea of releasing an album everywhere at once and THEN marketing and promoting it thereafter. The Raconteurs would rather this release not be defined by it’s first weeks sales, pre-release promotion, or by someone defining it FOR YOU before you get to hear it.

Another purpose was to also allow people to have their own choice as to exactly which format they would like to hear the album in IMMEDIATELY, rather than having to wait for their favorite format to become available. The band are also not releasing any version of this record that contains bonus tracks. Musically this album will be the same as the band created it no matter what format it is purchased in (The sound quality of each format however, is a different story. The Raconteurs recommend hearing it on vinyl, but the choice is of course up to the listener).

The band also prefer that fans buy the album as a whole instead of breaking up the tracks, but until iTunes and other digital services allows bands to release their albums with the option of NOT breaking it up, it will be sold in that fashion on those particular sites. On the band’s website however, the album will be sold in its entirety as an mp3 at 320kb bit rate. Also in Japan, fans will be able to download the record via their mobile phones, as that is how a majority of recorded music is consumed there.

The reason we are announcing this release one week ahead of time is because of retail pre-ordering and stocking, information about this album’s imminent release was bound to come to light and could be confusing to fans. Also in the event that the record leaks, we didn’t want this method of release to be seen as a REACTION to such a leak. It’s not. The actual worst thing about a leak is the usual poor sound quality, akin to watching a movie on a wristwatch instead of in a theater. Which for the album’s creators is a bit of a letdown, but again, it is completely up to the listener.

There will be a video up on the internet for the first single, “Salute Your Solution”, on the 25th as well, provided it gets edited in time. We just filmed it the other day!

We hope not to confuse anyone with too many options, or deny them the formats that they like best. The Raconteurs feel very strongly that music has worth and should be treated as such. Thank you to all those who respect music in this fashion, and thank you to our label partners for working with us to get this album to fans in as many formats as possible all at once.

Thank you, and we hope that you enjoy “Consolers Of The Lonely”.

Sincerely,
The Raconteurs

bballarl
03-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Maybe I will hopefully get a copy of this at work.

judila
03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Maybe I will hopefully get a copy of this at work.

Yeah - me too!

Cdubby
03-17-2008, 04:26 PM
nice, something to look forward too!

Sushov23
03-17-2008, 04:55 PM
buying this album next week.

shakermaker113
03-17-2008, 06:03 PM
this is AWESOME. I hate the parade that the music industry creates every new release, and have been dying for someone to do it differently.

thank you Jack White. and kudos not avoiding a leak up to a week before it's out.

rage patton
03-17-2008, 06:47 PM
That is actually incredibly awesome.

HEADSTRUCK
03-17-2008, 07:02 PM
i will buy tuesday morning then...cant wait to listen to it over and over before seeing them again next month

JustSteve
03-17-2008, 09:27 PM
haha, their site is great...

Sushov23
03-17-2008, 09:33 PM
the white stripes for sunday

summerkid
03-17-2008, 10:13 PM
fucking awesome...I'm going to check my local record store tomorrow to see if they'll have a copy on vinyl next week.

JSam67
03-17-2008, 10:50 PM
This is absolutely awesome! Definite props to Jack and the gang. And 14 songs is what makes me the happiest (the debut had, what, 10?).

Next Tuesday is a big day for me. Buying this, and Lollapalooza presale. Good stuff to subdue Coachella anxiety.

sbessiso
03-18-2008, 05:49 AM
i will buy tuesday morning then...cant wait to listen to it over and over before seeing them again next month

you and me both

shakermaker113
03-18-2008, 07:38 AM
haha, their site is great...

that site is cool. m83 had a site like that once. I can only imagine, though, that some people don't understand how to operate it and get frustrated.

BlackSwan
03-18-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm going to say something critical since no one has yet...

The purpose: to get the album to the fans as soon as possible and as we promised. We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it’s availability, reception or perception.

Someone should let The Raconteurs know that they are not Radiohead.

Sexecutioner
03-18-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm glad that more artists are selling their music digitally, directly from their website. I would buy way more albums if more bands did this (as long as it's reasonably priced, of course).

clumsy342
03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
WOOT!
I was bummed thinking that they'd be playing new material that no one knew.
This is great news!

JClemy
03-18-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm stoked for this. Totally buying it next week

shakermaker113
03-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Someone should let The Raconteurs know that they are not Radiohead.

this is a good thing though. everyone's biggest criticism of radiohead's approach was that only radiohead and a handful of others could do that.

now we see smaller bands breaking tradition. we don't need 1 radiohead doing things differently, we need 1000 smaller bands to do it.

C DUB YA
03-18-2008, 10:09 PM
the Raconteurs are not a small band.

the definition of the Radiohead thing was 1. they really weren't gambling any money, so-to-speak, and 2. they already had an (huge) audience.

With those thoughts, Jack has nothing to worry about either. 1. He's not worried about money, 2. he has a huge following whether it be the Stripes or the Raconteurs.

PLUS... the biggest difference of all:

The Racontuers are releasing physical copies at the same time through traditional outlets. the only difference is the timeline, the lack of promotion, and lack of knowledge about the actual release date.

I'm quite excited about all of this. The artwork is awesome.

Young blood
03-19-2008, 07:49 AM
New tour schedule. Im not posting it all.

Mon 04/28/08 Denver, CO Fillmore Auditorium

BlackSwan
03-20-2008, 09:18 AM
SICK! Just got tickets to see them a Bimbos 365.

nationocean
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
New tour schedule. Im not posting it all.

Mon 04/28/08 Denver, CO Fillmore Auditorium

That's funny yb ;)

paulb
03-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I got tickets to them today.... so, the cd hasnt leaked yet? It comes out in 5 days, and nothing?

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 01:00 PM
OF COURSE they're not even touching Florida....

paulb
03-20-2008, 01:03 PM
at least u get Metallica....at Bonnaroo.

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
at least u get Metallica....at Bonnaroo.

i'm gonna make sure I drink lots of beer and beat women and gays, won't that make me fit in with the crowd??

paulb
03-20-2008, 01:58 PM
i'm gonna make sure I drink lots of beer and beat women and gays, won't that make me fit in with the crowd??

uh no. Just rock out man...and sing along.

thelastgreatman
03-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Definitely beat some women and gays. Beer's up to you.

jigsaw
03-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Why don't you beat some pussy up!

Sexecutioner
03-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Definitely beat some women and gays. Beer's up to you.

isnt he gay? that means he would have to beat himself. and a woman could probably kick his ass.

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 09:29 PM
i dont really wanna touch it

isnt he gay? that means he would have to beat himself. and a woman could probably kick his ass.

its all to get in the spirit of metallica, it'll be fun. and yeah, a woman could most probably kick my ass

C DUB YA
03-21-2008, 12:28 PM
did you see itunes accidentally put it up for sale today?

braundiggity
03-21-2008, 01:58 PM
anyone got a download? iTunes took it back off...

ArcadeParade
03-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Fuck Yes! It's out...I just came to this thread to say I can't wait to hear this.

BlackSwan
03-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I didn't hear anything as catchy as Level or Steady As She Goes on the first listen, but it is def good.

ArcadeParade
03-21-2008, 03:12 PM
this gets me so excited to see Jack White again..3 songs in and there is a much different feel from Broken Boy Soldiers

suprefan
03-21-2008, 04:23 PM
did you see itunes accidentally put it up for sale today?

nope,

but it leaked...........

msklvr
03-21-2008, 09:44 PM
It's a better southern rock album than The Black Crowes new one.

rage patton
03-21-2008, 10:12 PM
I was going to download it today... but I am going to wait to pick it up on Tuesday.

paulb
03-22-2008, 01:02 AM
im listening to it right now, im on the 3rd song...so far so good...

brando4n82
03-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I really hope these guys don't conflict with anyone I want to see. Really looking forward to seeing them

JSam67
03-22-2008, 01:26 AM
I am definitely buying it Tuesday. But if somebody could kindly PM me a link (so I can get a taste), that would be wonderful.

Sushov23
03-22-2008, 01:28 AM
i'm going to wait until tuesday.

chucky canuck
03-22-2008, 11:02 AM
This record is too much Jack, not enough Brendan.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I haven't heard one second of anything new, this is a first for me (since they don't even have a single out yet, not that I know of)

I'm saving myself for tuesday

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 11:28 AM
oh no! say it aint so!

thelastgreatman
03-22-2008, 12:47 PM
The new REM is more rock than the new Raconteurs. What the fuck is wrong here? I was hoping he was going to give us some more Broken Boy Soldier-quality shit and FINALLY actually justify the absurd amount of praise he fucking gets, but he just put out another piece of whatever. Why the fuck do people call him a musical genius or guitar virtuoso or whatever?

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 12:49 PM
uh oh

but it isn't just him

if it does suck, some blame goes to brendan too

thelastgreatman
03-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Well he's supposed to be fucking talented and he's lead guitarist and lead vocalist, so goddammit there ought to be some interesting guitaring and vocaling. The first Raconteurs album made me think, "Okay, great, he's getting away from the ridiculous limitations of having a two-person band where the other person can barely play their fucking instrument, there's three really good songs on this album, by the next one he ought to be able to come through on all this potential he's supposed to have."

NOPE.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 12:55 PM
hold that thought until tuesday when I actually listen to the album

3 good songs? I would say Broken Boy Soldiers has like 7/10 really good songs

thelastgreatman
03-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Meh. Maybe four actually good songs, a couple okay songs, the rest complete meh. Broken Boy Soldier the song, though, is probably the most promising thing he's done since Dead Leaves. I was hoping for more of that. Instead we got more... I don't even know.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't think I'm going to be able to get into this with you

thelastgreatman
03-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah, sorry, but I find your boy heavily overrated. It's cool though, I gotta get back to editing. Just had to come by and unleash some of the venom that this process builds up in me.

Yablonowitz
03-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Well he's supposed to be fucking talented and he's lead guitarist and lead vocalist, so goddammit there ought to be some interesting guitaring and vocaling. The first Raconteurs album made me think, "Okay, great, he's getting away from the ridiculous limitations of having a two-person band where the other person can barely play their fucking instrument, there's three really good songs on this album, by the next one he ought to be able to come through on all this potential he's supposed to have."

NOPE.

I'm annoyed by this assumption that Jack White is THE key songwriter in The Raconteurs. Their last album was as much a Brendan Benson album as it was Jack White. Benson is more of a singer songwriter type than Jack White and a lot of his songwriting techniques were noticeable. Too bad you were hoping for a kick ass bluesy rock album that Jack White would amp up with more of a band with him. Benson has his own chops and their last album was, despite the lukewarm response, exactly the kind of cool stuff that I've come to expect from Benson with the bonus of Jack White's presence.

thelastgreatman
03-22-2008, 02:19 PM
No, if you say this Benson fellow is responsible for Broken Boy Soldiers more then I'd like to know why the fuck he went to shit with this second album and Jack can stay out of it. The first album had more promise than The White Stripes have delivered. This followup is not even as good as that two-piece bullshit, though.

Yablonowitz
03-22-2008, 04:01 PM
No, if you say this Benson fellow is responsible for Broken Boy Soldiers more then I'd like to know why the fuck he went to shit with this second album and Jack can stay out of it. The first album had more promise than The White Stripes have delivered. This followup is not even as good as that two-piece bullshit, though.

I haven't heard the new album. Can't speak to it. You fucking thief.

zenidogx
03-22-2008, 04:22 PM
i only heard the album once through. it sounds much heavier than their first album. a little more country flare is thrown in too. it doesnt seem like the songs are as catchy as the first album, but still, this new album is promising. my opinion of it may get more favorable as i listen to it more and more.

paulb
03-22-2008, 05:11 PM
I really like the title track alot.

thestripe
03-22-2008, 05:47 PM
I like their cover of Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down).

I have not heard the new album.

paulb
03-22-2008, 05:52 PM
http://megaupload.com/?d=WV09Z010

thelastgreatman
03-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Um, you might wanna disguise that. PF no likey blatant uploading of leaked albums.

paulb
03-22-2008, 06:04 PM
since when do you conform to rules?

shakermaker113
03-22-2008, 06:39 PM
wow. I thought they'd make it to the release date without it leaking. oh well. almost.

ArcadeParade
03-22-2008, 07:37 PM
rushed release date = knew it was gonna leak??

shakermaker113
03-22-2008, 11:18 PM
rushed release date = knew it was gonna leak??

first, I don't think this was a rushed release date. I think they intended from the start to get out out as soon as possible.

second, everyone expects their album to leak nowadays. it's probably insulting if it doesn't leak. seriously.

ArcadeParade
03-23-2008, 07:25 AM
ya for sure, I was just thinkin out loud.

I don't think the album is as bad as certain people on this board are saying...after a few listens there are at least a few tracks which I am looking forward to hearing again

sbessiso
03-23-2008, 08:24 AM
i'm sure i'll like it. nay, even love it

ghettojournalist
03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
am i to believe that the album leaked because of the iTunes gaff or the natural process of leakage through the shifting of product?

braundiggity
03-23-2008, 09:46 PM
It leaked because of an iTunes gaff.

The whole idea behind releasing it almost immediately after announcing it, though, was to prevent leaking. They wanted critics, fans, blogs, and everyone else to hear it at the same time and make their own judgements. Too bad it didn't work.

shakermaker113
03-24-2008, 07:48 AM

The whole idea behind releasing it almost immediately after announcing it, though, was to prevent leaking. They wanted critics, fans, blogs, and everyone else to hear it at the same time and make their own judgements. Too bad it didn't work.

almost worked though. I really appreciate that we didn't have to endure months of teasing.

rage patton
03-24-2008, 07:54 AM
I kind of feel bad for downloading it. However, I am seriously impressed with the album. I wasn't expecting much, but I love it. Its a lot different from thier first album. There isn't a song on there as good as the song "Broken Boy Soldiers" but as an album I feel its stronger. I will be buying it sometime soon.

Boourns
03-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Fuck, I can't believe I haven't downloaded this yet.

GnarVee
03-24-2008, 08:38 AM
almost worked though. I really appreciate that we didn't have to endure months of teasing.

seriously.....Radiohead....Portishead....Raconteur s....NIN....its like christmas!

Sexecutioner
03-24-2008, 01:10 PM

are you sure? usually the leaks happen right when its sent to the manufacturing plants, which must have happened before the itunes mixup. either way, im about to listen to it right now.

F00FIGHTER20
03-24-2008, 08:12 PM
are you sure? usually the leaks happen right when its sent to the manufacturing plants, which must have happened before the itunes mixup. either way, im about to listen to it right now.

Not to brag or anything, but i am legally downloading the album as i type this.

Sexecutioner
03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Not to brag or anything, but i am legally downloading the album as i type this.

i was planning on buying it, except its not that great. i mean, its alright...but nothing really jumped out at me.

JSam67
03-25-2008, 06:42 AM
I just bought this off their website a few minutes ago, I am so far really enjoying it (had probs trying to download it last week, so this is the first time I'm cleanly hearing it). I know I'm only 3 songs in, but what isn't to like? Fucking great so far.

sbessiso
03-25-2008, 06:44 AM
my store doesnt seem to have it :'(

JSam67
03-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Fuck the naysayers, sbessiso, you're gonna love this album. The first 1/3 is perfect, I really am having a hard time understanding what people didn't like about this the first time they heard it.

Tylerdurden31
03-25-2008, 07:34 AM
this album is exponentially better than the first

sbessiso
03-25-2008, 12:45 PM
the new vid is interesting, jack looks so amazing

jigsaw
03-25-2008, 12:56 PM
http://megaupload.com/?d=WV09Z010

it's no longer up there.

JustSteve
03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
then go buy it.

rage patton
03-25-2008, 03:27 PM
None of the record stores have it here either. Nor the new Gnarls Brakley album. What the hell?

judila
03-25-2008, 05:02 PM
my store doesnt seem to have it :'(

What store would that be?...

Due to the fact that the album had to basically come out without the usual solicitation, some stores (because of the way they order & receive product, etc.) were unable to react fast enough to have the album on street date, but they should all have by the end of the week...

bballarl
03-25-2008, 05:25 PM
I just listened to the album on my drive home and it rules.

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm having that problem here in san marcos. I went to best buy to get the gnarls barkley and Raconteurs and they didn't have either album(it was early when I went) Target didn't get it.

Yablonowitz
03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
I immediately love it. Can't wait to hear them play at Coachella.

shakermaker113
03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
arg. i downloaded the leak to try before I buy. now I'm on my way home and still haven't listened. I'm bound to buy it regardless.

Sexecutioner
03-25-2008, 06:31 PM
it grew on me a bit during the 2nd listen.

karecares
03-25-2008, 06:46 PM
i liked it from go. can't wait to see them live i think they're ranking as my current fave for friday

NicoDread
03-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm having that problem here in san marcos. I went to best buy to get the gnarls barkley and Raconteurs and they didn't have either album(it was early when I went) Target didn't get it.

Is that San Marcos, CA?

Sushov23
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
yes, Cali, near Vista and Escondido

carolinesgood
03-25-2008, 08:23 PM
now streaming new raconteurs album live at fm949sd.com
have been listening to diffrent tracks all day - sounds great but what else could we expect from another few geni, plural genius - mr. white in particular

NicoDread
03-25-2008, 08:31 PM
yes, Cali, near Vista and Escondido

that's where i live. damn i didn't think anybody in this town had good taste in music.

BlackSwan
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
after like 5 or 6 listens is REALLY grows on you... can't wait to see them at Bimbos. 600 person room.

bballarl
03-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I immediately love it. Can't wait to hear them play at Coachella.

On second thought, I don't like the new Raconteurs.

shakermaker113
03-26-2008, 08:03 AM
after like 5 or 6 listens is REALLY grows on you... can't wait to see them at Bimbos. 600 person room.

did you get tickets to that? damn you! (you don't happen to need company, do you?)

Sushov23
03-26-2008, 09:22 AM
that's where i live. damn i didn't think anybody in this town had good taste in music.

Yeah a lot of people here have the top 40 taste, and it gets old.

ThomThom
03-26-2008, 09:23 AM
The Best Buy in Hollywood didn't have any copies of it, but somehow they had Gnarls Barkley all over the fucking place... Weird.

sbessiso
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
I.Love.It!

edit: like, a lot

judila
03-26-2008, 02:20 PM
The Best Buy in Hollywood didn't have any copies of it, but somehow they had Gnarls Barkley all over the fucking place... Weird.

Hey Thom - when was this? Today or yesterday?

Thanks!

JClemy
03-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I really like it. On my way to buy it they were playing the single and I got really excited. Then I tried to put it on my Ipod last night and my ipod died. Apparently today it works.

judila
03-26-2008, 03:00 PM

Had someone check - it's there now...

faxman75
04-06-2008, 08:10 AM
I really think this is a bad album. Big disappointment after such a great first album. The harmonies aren't as good, not many hooks. This is more of an art project than an album i'm disappointed big time. Their first effort was pretty rockin' and lyrically great. This one fails IMO. I have now listened to it for about 3 weeks. I give up. At least I still dig Broken Boy Soldiers.

There is nothing on this album that touches 'Steady as she goes' or 'level'.

Oh well.

JustSteve
04-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Had someone check - it's there now...

you can check store stock online pretty easily, too.

shakermaker113
04-06-2008, 08:46 PM
it started to grow on me. but after a few more listens I really think it's not so good. a couple of strong songs here and there, but that's it.

sbessiso
04-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I really think this is a bad album. Big disappointment after such a great first album. The harmonies aren't as good, not many hooks. This is more of an art project than an album i'm disappointed big time. Their first effort was pretty rockin' and lyrically great. This one fails IMO. I have now listened to it for about 3 weeks. I give up. At least I still dig Broken Boy Soldiers.

There is nothing on this album that touches 'Steady as she goes' or 'level'.

Oh well.

the first two songs, "top yourself", "old enough" and some songs near the end are pretty amazing

faxman75
04-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a sophomore slump. In a much worse way than Neon Bible was.

I like the whole first album except save one song and the new one I like maybe just maybe 3.

sbessiso
04-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I do semi-agree with you faxy, I can listen to broken boy soldiers all the way through without blinking once, this new one has a lot of skipping, but the good songs (to me) are *really* good

gmoneyak
04-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a sophomore slump. In a much worse way than Neon Bible was.

I like the whole first album except save one song and the new one I like maybe just maybe 3.

I like it better than Broken Boy, it seems more polished to me.

faxman75
04-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Word, it sucks because I was really looking forward to them and accepted the white stripes weren't playing and now i'm really underwhelmed. Ahh well, I'll still see them and they may very well rock those songs live!

sbessiso
04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Ahh well, I'll still see them and they may very well rock those songs live!

this is a guarantee, I'm so pumped

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I just hope Raconteurs don't have any major conflicts.

I can see these conflicting

JJ Vs Aphex
the Verve Vs Fatboy
Raconteurs Vs........ Goldfrapp? or Pendulum?

That would suck.

faxman75
04-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Hmm I would see Aphex, Fatboy and Raconteurs and i'm not even much of an electronic fan. I might split half at Verve half at Fatboy. If that of course is the conflicts. It looks realistic though.

sbessiso
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
The first two songs are exceptional. The rest are shit.

not even "top yourself"? he's giving Meg a big ol' FUCK YOU

faxman75
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
The first two songs are exceptional. The rest are shit.

It begs the question. Is this the first time Jack White has really bombed with his superfast recording process? Maybe it shouldn't have been rushed out so quick just because the Stripes canceled their tour.

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-06-2008, 09:10 PM
"You don't understand me" is an amazing song.

sbessiso
04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
"You don't understand me" is an amazing song.

agreed, I also really like "old enough", the violins or fiddles or whatever they are really get to me, plus that keyboard in the backround is so good

Sushov23
04-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I like the songs I've heard so far.

rage patton
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
agreed, I also really like "old enough", the violins or fiddles or whatever they are really get to me, plus that keyboard in the backround is so good

That is probably my favorite song from the album.

greghead
04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
This album is solid. I think this is what Jack wishes the Stripes could sound like, but I also like the White Stripes much more than I like the Raconteurs. Broken Boy was too much Brendan for my taste, but I also like the White Stripes much more than the Raconteurs. Just plug in and jam. I feel that's what Consolers of the Lonely does.

sbessiso
04-08-2008, 03:41 AM
That is probably my favorite song from the album.

i just love

"you look pretty in your fancy dress
but I detect unhaaaapiness"