PDA

View Full Version : Thieves at Campground

DottieLovesSylvester
03-17-2008, 10:06 AM
There are certain things I'd really like to bring along with me to the campground: my bike, my hookah, some musical instruments, food, etc.

Is that stuff going to get stolen?

I guess I could always lock that stuff up in my car....

But I'm more just curious if anyone has had their stuff stolen?

M Sparks
03-17-2008, 10:27 AM
I don't think you can bring a bike into the campground. At least I hope not. I can just see climbing out of the tent into that narrow walkway and getting run over by some dope on a bike.

I doubt they will let a hookah in either, but maybe someone with experience in that area can chime in.

Everything else should be fine. I guess I wouldn't bring anything super valuable. I don't think there's much of a theft problem, but it's probably because most people don't bring anything tempting. An acoustic guitar and some sodas are probably good...a 1960s custom Les Paul and a case of Kobe beef is probably asking for trouble.

chiapet
03-17-2008, 10:53 AM
You also might want to consider how much time are you really going to be spending in the campgrounds, in order to require all of these items, and factor in that you may need to schlep them quite a distance from your parking spot to camping spot (and then back again if you want to lock them during the festival). I personally would not bring a bike, hookah, or a nice guitar (cheap acoustic might be another story).

thestripe
03-17-2008, 11:04 AM
I guess I could always lock that stuff up in my car....

This is your answer. Now go ahead and ask if you should drink, eat, and sleep.

Bud Luster
03-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, thievery is not a huge issue, but it is an issue. dont leave valuables in your tent. Actually dont bring any valuables if you can help it. Dirty clothes have been known to get stolen : ) - also, there are a ton of threads on this subject already.

ronstringfield
03-17-2008, 12:03 PM
I have not had anything stolen. But I did not leave anything of value during concert hours. I would not imagine thieves will roam during the hours the campground is inhabited. Your neighbors will act to deter, unless they are the thieves. But after that... I would be concerned.

I always put a lock on my tent, not that it will stop the determined, but it makes it a little more hassle which is often all you need to do. Thieves are, generally, lazy people.

fatbastard
03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.khedara.com/images/summer2000/images/pickpocket.jpg

Bud Luster
03-17-2008, 02:42 PM
you really are a fat bastard!

HEADSTRUCK
03-17-2008, 05:41 PM
its says u can bring your bike but finding somewhere to lock it up your on your own......

justinaqui
03-17-2008, 05:49 PM
ive had my stuff stolen 15 minutes after getting to the campground. i'm talking clothes, shampoo and a pillow. we set up the tent, went to take a leak and came back to no stuff. i wouldn't leave my stuff anywhere. wearing the same clothes for a weekend sucks, and back then it was only a two fest.

feather
03-17-2008, 06:47 PM
bring your hookah because i will want a relaxing session!

traviscanada
03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
ive had my stuff stolen 15 minutes after getting to the campground. i'm talking clothes, shampoo and a pillow. we set up the tent, went to take a leak and came back to no stuff. i wouldn't leave my stuff anywhere. wearing the same clothes for a weekend sucks, and back then it was only a two fest.

What type of stuff did you have stolen? I think something such as a luggage lock is even a good deterent....

JClemy
03-19-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.khedara.com/images/summer2000/images/pickpocket.jpg

Are you stealing an old lady!?

chiapet
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Every time I see this thread in the list, I hear thieves in the temple in my head. I'm prince obsessed :(

CalmerThanYou
03-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I hear Thievery Corporation

beavington
03-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Every time I see this thread in the list, I hear thieves in the temple in my head. I'm prince obsessed :(

thats too funny because that what was going through my head while reading this thread too.

natureboy
05-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Did anyone have any problems with thieves this year? I had great neighbors and I slapped a little padlock on my tent so I had no problems. My neighbors left their water & juices sitting outsite of their tent under their shade and no one ever took any the whole 4 days.

leo01g
05-03-2008, 09:35 AM
I got my tent stolen this year but i can see how it might have been by accident. My sleeping bag was being checked by EVERY security guard there because it smelled like weed, all my other bags went through though. Once at the end of the line i noticed that my sleeping bag, bag of clothes and my shade tent were there except my tent. I was lucky since i didnt get caught with the weed and we had an extra tent.

aphrael
05-03-2008, 09:55 AM
We disassembled our tent (it was under a canopy) Sunday morning and slept out Sunday night, after leaving our stuff out under the canopy all day; nothing was missing.

Veloco22
05-03-2008, 10:07 AM
someone stole my dsotm towel, worked out fine though cause we were in the middle of a desert and i didn't really need a towel that much. still though, fuck whoever took my dsotm towel.

myelectrolife
05-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I didnt have anything stolen and I left my ipod, party favors, booze, clothes food all at my camp. I guess I was a sitting duck but I just hoped that no one would be so lame, and no one was to me. Although im sure there is PLENTY of theft.

suprefan
05-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I didnt have anything stolen and I left my ipod, party favors, booze, clothes food all at my camp. I guess I was a sitting duck but I just hoped that no one would be so lame, and no one was to me. Although im sure there is PLENTY of theft.

Not as bad as you think, this isnt Europe where people are more prone to theft happening at a festival.

sbessiso
05-03-2008, 12:46 PM
supre, you were high on my list of board members left to meet, i'm finding you next year

Mr.Nipples
05-03-2008, 12:48 PM
all of you stole my heart

sbessiso
05-03-2008, 12:49 PM
lol!

chiapet
05-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Aww.

Nothing stolen here either, though I apparently left with some other people's stuff. Oops.

PrettyRagdoll
05-03-2008, 01:40 PM
all of you stole my heart

aww

Cdubby
05-03-2008, 01:43 PM
nothing stolen here........

topfiverecords
05-03-2008, 03:33 PM
I met a girl at the recharge tent who had her credit card and some other stuff stolen from her tent.

sassypants
05-03-2008, 04:02 PM
we left our tent fly open friday night by accident. nothing was taken though, although the only item of value we left in the tent was an ipod.

MarkO
05-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Not as bad as you think, this isnt Europe where people are more prone to theft happening at a festival.

If they don't rob your tent, they set fire to it. Sad but true.

Geno_g
05-05-2008, 07:40 AM
On Saturday night someone stole my friends backpack, and turned it in to lost and found, but when she got it everything was stolen from her wallet (ID, credit cards, ATM cards, not to mention her weed, pipe, and cigarettes.) Good thing they were giving out free cigs, but still made sunday horrible for her, I tried to make it better.

Geno_g
05-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Yeah I heard about that festival in Denmark, they set your tent on fire on the last day, my friend went and tried to save someone's tent, but by that time his tent was on fire, I guess you have to leave early on sunday night unless you want your stuff char-broiled.

slurpee
05-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Since we fly in from Chicago it is really annoying to travel with a tent and other camping gear. So we load up with stuff at Walmart once in California.

Normally I give away my gear to some nice hippies at the end of the weekend.

Next year I am totally starting it all on fire.

MarkO
05-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Last year, I stuffed a tent, airbed and some other stuff into a cooler and checked the cooler on the plane. No problems at all. :)

prettyenoughforyou
05-11-2008, 11:56 PM
i may be crazy but i think my sunday tickets were stolen. i put them in my bag... i swear i did. i went to charge my phone at my car then we went to go in and i couldnt find the tickets ANYWHERE. so i made the BF go back to the tent to scour and i searched everywhere in our car and in my stuff and no luck. we checked lost and found... nothing. we had seen some shady people so we filed a police report saying they were stolen and got in no problem at 8:15 just in time to see roger waters (THANK GOD).

i still haven't found the tickets.