PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Surfing

methehappymedium
01-30-2007, 05:52 PM
For about 1 hour my friends and I pushed through the main stage crowd and got to the second row of Franz Ferdinand [pretty sweet!!!]. We were having an amazing time but sadly Franz's act was over and before we knew it crazy Depech Mode fans started rushing in and we don't like Depech Mode and we were short of breath after being squeezed/smushed by everyone around us. So up my friend went to be crowd surfed to the front. Then my other friend went. And I was all by my lonesome. I unfortunatley was wearing a dress (in hopes of seducing Alex Kapranos although he is gay) and my shoe was untied. So when it came my turn I was groped and molested then I flashed the audience a glimpse of my underwear then my untied shoe FELL off and I was finally crowd surfed to the front where the security guard dropped me and i fell flat on the floor.
I left behind my dignity and one shoe that night.
However, it was the best night...ever. AND, Franz was amazing.
:rotfl :) :thu

vinylmartyr
01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I was standing beside Alex Kapranos for Animal Collective.

frijolesdelaolla
01-30-2007, 06:19 PM
I was standing beside Alex Kapranos for Animal Collective.

if you like Alek Kapranos so much, why dont you marry him and have *** babies with the bastard.

Adam2uBer
01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Crowd surfing is stupid.
Especially when people start surfing from the back towards the front. I don't want some worthless shit being dropped on my head, which has happened to me.

DeltaSigChi4
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
lol @ dropped on your head

Pay attention next time, ace.

E

methehappymedium
01-30-2007, 08:58 PM
jeez just tellin a story...

lowfront
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
crowd surfing is one of the coolest experiences. I just hate people that don't stop doing it. A couple times never hurt.

nahuatldream
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
i let them fall. yeah, i'm a bastard. i even give them an extra shove as they fall so it hurts more.

vinylmartyr
01-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I got kicked hard in the head by a chick at a NIN show during the Downward Spiral tour at the Omni in Atlanta. After that I decided to stay away from moshers and crowd surfers if I can help it.

Adam2uBer
01-30-2007, 09:50 PM
lol @ dropped on your head

Pay attention next time, ace.

E
No, fuck that. I'm not going to pay attention to dumbfucks behind me when the attraction is obviously in front of me.

This is what I hate about concerts...having to worry about my own safety because some fat cocksuckers are "having fun" and end up hurting people. Fuckheads like that ruin good experiences. But if I see a pair of titties later that night...I'll be happy.

MakeItSantoriTimes
01-30-2007, 09:56 PM
crowd surfing is fuckin stupid and people always end up getting kicked in the face... so archaic and retarded...

bussche
01-31-2007, 08:12 AM
No, fuck that. I'm not going to pay attention to dumbfucks behind me when the attraction is obviously in front of me.

This is what I hate about concerts...having to worry about my own safety because some fat cocksuckers are "having fun" and end up hurting people. Fuckheads like that ruin good experiences. But if I see a pair of titties later that night...I'll be happy.

I second that, I fucking HATE crowd surfers at concerts. Your just standing there trying *gasp* actually watch the band thats playing then some retard fucking drops on your head. If your really close to the front paying attention isnt an option as a lot of the time you can't move let along turn around to see whats coming behind you.

lowfront
01-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Crowd surfing is part of a show. Sure you can be upset that you just got kicked in the head but thats part of the show.

You go to a concert, there's gonna be people crowed surfing. So you can be a dick and throw them to the ground, or you could just accept that your at a FCKING concert.

apachedino
01-31-2007, 08:55 AM
There is an art to crowd surfing, mostly keep your feet up so you DON'T kick people int he head and go with the flow. I really like it but haven't gone for awhile. It happens at shows so deal with it and don't let it ruin your time, just keep a look out when everyone else around you starts moving to catch someone. Don't let people fall either that just is a shty attitude. If you don't like it then you don't like concerts and shouldn't go.

bartelby
01-31-2007, 09:02 AM
Crowd surfing is part of a show. Sure you can be upset that you just got kicked in the head but thats part of the show.

You go to a concert, there's gonna be people crowed surfing. So you can be a dick and throw them to the ground, or you could just accept that your at a FCKING concert.

are you kidding? crowd surfing is in no way 'part of a show'...its just some stupid thing that got started in the 90s...it was cool for about 5 mins

JustSteve
01-31-2007, 09:59 AM
we have a rule for crowdsurfers--if they pass by or over us we take off their shoes and toss 'em. have fun walking around barefoot the rest of the time, ass!

el_harderino
01-31-2007, 10:01 AM
are you kidding? crowd surfing is in no way 'part of a show'...its just some stupid thing that got started in the 90s...it was cool for about 5 mins

That explains why people are still doing it eh?

hangthedj112
01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
I bet you people that are glorifying crowd surfing are short, try being vaguely tall and dealing with crowd surfers. Not fun.

SFChrissy
01-31-2007, 10:10 AM
What's all the crying 'bout...the likely ness that someone is gonna surf you is smaller than winning the fucking lottery!!!

SFChrissy
01-31-2007, 10:12 AM
I bet you people that are glorifying crowd surfing are short, try being vaguely tall and dealing with crowd surfers. Not fun.

Try being short and having a wall of stretches infront of you that won't budge an inch...those are the worse assholes ever

bartelby
01-31-2007, 10:16 AM
That explains why people are still doing it eh?

barely....i think i saw one person doing it last year - he didn't last long either...

el_harderino
01-31-2007, 10:18 AM
barely....i think i saw one person doing it last year - he didn't last long either...

What are you worried about then? Quit complaining and get the fuck off this thread. Oui?

summerkid
01-31-2007, 10:19 AM
If you don't like it then you don't like concerts and shouldn't go.

The only way I'm cool with crowd surfing is if Wayne Coyne crowd surfs over me in a plastic buble other then that I hate it. Crowd surfing sucks. I don't think anyone enjoys it when somebody crowd surfs over them. I'm trying to enjoy the show and some selfish asshole has to ruin that song by crowd surfing over me.

kike_gavilan
01-31-2007, 10:19 AM
last year I was able to practicing crowd surfing in the Madonna's Show :rotfl :lool :lool

Disco!
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM

Part of the show? Really? Can I kick you in the head then?

Like a lot of other posters I take issue with crowd-surfing, I've got friends that do it and they say "it feels like you're flying". You wanna fly? How about you go snort some coke? That'll make you feel like your flying as well, and it will fuck with your head rather than mine.

Concerts are social events, as such have some consideration of the people around you, if your comfortable getting dropped on your ass from 6ft in the air then feel free to surf. However if you come across a skinny guy in a kilt you better find a different route to the front, cause I ain't supporting your ass.

malomakaio-
01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
i thought Alex Kapranos was dating the girl from The Fiery Furnaces?

lowfront
01-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Why is it that when someone crowd surfs over me I make sure he doesn't fall and you guys drop him on purpose. I think you have some serious issues with anger.

I have never in my life thought of crowd surfers as assholes unless there's one dumbass that doesn't stop doing it.

And I'm tall, and have been kicked in the face many many times.

foto_synthesis
02-01-2007, 08:00 AM

I second that! I'm tall (for a girl) and don't appreciate doc martin road burns on my face just because I want to get a good look at whatever band is playing. And shouldn't there be a weight restriction on crowd surfing. No offense to any of you big boned people, but gravity just doesn't work in your favor.

kimery08
02-01-2007, 03:12 PM
my friend and i crowd surfed once. and that was only to get away from this guy who kept licking our shoulders. trust me, we had no other choice.

AudioSlave21
02-01-2007, 09:54 PM
If you Play it Right.. it's a Good way to get up Front.. i did it at Slayer a few times. Have a wicked Little Flail all the way up to the front then right b4 security reaches to Grab you and Throw you on your Head you become a Popsicle Stick and slip into the Crowd.. ppl Diddn't even mind.. they were like "nice work". it had been on my "List of Things to do Before i Die" since i first Saw Wayne's World. Crowd Surfing Rules.

Philthy
02-02-2007, 04:37 AM
So when it came my turn I was groped and molested then I flashed the audience a glimpse of my underwear then my untied shoe FELL off and I was finally crowd surfed to the front where the security guard dropped me and i fell flat on the floor.
I left behind my dignity and one shoe that night.
However, it was the best night...ever.

Hmmm, I'd be happy to grope and molest you if it makes you happy.

Call me...

Phil x

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-02-2007, 07:10 PM
i thought Alex Kapranos was dating the girl from The Fiery Furnaces?

Yeah I'm pretty sure he is.

beautiful nemesis
02-02-2007, 11:36 PM
There are times when crowd surfing is the only way out. Heat exhaustion can take a turn for the worse and climbing your way out the back can be extremely difficult (although you'd think people wouldn't mind getting a little closer by people trying to leave their spot.) I've only ever crowd-surfed once because of heat exhaustion, but I've seen small girls/women who are doing it as well to get out.
Don't get me wrong, I really don't like having to worry about getting kicked in the head and/or having someone dropped on me (it's unpleasant to say the least) and it's really annoying when people keep doing it, or when really really large people do it...

I don't know, it's a contradictory thing I guess... most of the time you can tell when someone is needing it for good reason or if they are just doing it for fun...

summerkid
02-03-2007, 12:28 AM
yeah, you can if someone is doing it because they need to get out I'm fine with that but you can distinguish between those who are doing it for fun and those who are doing it to escape.

Hannahrain
02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
when i was like 13/5'2" i went to a show where all these old guys were regarding me as some sort of a stepstool to crowdsurfing. it was terrible. ergo, huge idiot crowdsurfers with big clunky shoes make me cranky. If they are like 100 pound tiny girls in flip flops, i could care less.

Rezzo
02-04-2007, 03:40 PM
did it back in 05' during NIN

E-rock
02-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Coachella resolution for 2007:
Any idiot crowd surfers will have their shoes taken away.

Have fun walking out of Coachella at the end with all those water bottles on the ground!!!

Boourns
02-04-2007, 04:56 PM
People still crowd surf? I hardly ever see moshing anymore, but crowd surfing? I didn't even know such a thing happened at Coachella.

smellslikevagina
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
if you like Alek Kapranos so much, why dont you marry him and have *** babies with the bastard.

more like ducheoles:laughyou

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
"And I'm tall, and have been kicked in the face many many times."

That explains SO much!

Quentin
02-04-2007, 10:16 PM
I was at the A Perfect Circle concert and was getting really faint, everything was getting fuzzy and muted and I guess some nice gentlemen next to me noticed and brought me up on top. I ended up "surfing" out. I'm just lucky someone at the end caught me...lol.

Mark Smith
02-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Coachella resolution for 2007:
Any idiot crowd surfers will have their shoes taken away.

Have fun walking out of Coachella at the end with all those water bottles on the ground!!!

Wow. Just wow.

"Positive spirit" my ass.

suprefan
02-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Man I used to do that at punk rock shows all the time, cause the same kids would keep surfing and it pissed me off..

Cocabean
02-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Crowd surfing is the shit, just not at Coachella. I tried during Tool and 5 feet later I was making love to the ground. This girl(hot ukrainian) that went with us 06 made love to some guys elbow and lost 2 teeth. She was so happy from seeing massive attack that she didnt care. Poor girl didnt have dental insurance, so she's still sportin the gap. If any of your reading this post camp at Mecca State Beach park this year, ill interduce you :) .

vinylmartyr
02-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Crowd surf near me and I'll cut you from toe to tit.

Cocabean
02-13-2007, 11:00 PM
heh... no worries, not after tool. u can cut my tit though

rideincircles
02-14-2007, 10:48 PM
I stopped crowd surfing after I got dropped headfirst on the concrete at a punk show. Thats always a good reason to stop. Its only kool when you actually get to stagedive anyways, unless you get dropped on your head.

doctashock
02-15-2007, 12:03 AM
There is an art to crowd surfing, mostly keep your feet up so you DON'T kick people int he head and go with the flow. I really like it but haven't gone for awhile. It happens at shows so deal with it and don't let it ruin your time, just keep a look out when everyone else around you starts moving to catch someone. Don't let people fall either that just is a shty attitude. If you don't like it then you don't like concerts and shouldn't go.

There is definitely an art to it and it sucks when you you end up underneath someone who doesn't know what they're doing or is just plain inconsiderate. The only time I've ever kicked someone in the head is when the asshole fuck unsuccesfully tried to take my shoe... just saying.

Whether or not it's "part of the show" I think depends on what kind of show you're going to. Personally I'm afraid of just how violent the pit will get during Rage... I'll probably be keeping a safe distance from it, but who knows if the crowd seems cordial I might join in.

You are mistaken here because Iggy Pop was doing it back in the late 60's early 70's with The Stooges and all through the 80's moshing, surfing and stage diving were staples of harcore shows. Like I said it depends on the kind of show your at. I pretty much expect to come home sore or with bruises after certain shows whether I participate in the ruckus or not.

Elazarus
02-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Crowd surfing didn't start in the '90s, what the fuck you talking bout? wwatch any any old scholl bands music video, like pantera, judas priest, megadeth etc. of their concert footage and you'll see some major crowd surfing and stage diving. And thats alll from the '80s

smellysocks
02-15-2007, 05:04 AM
crowd surfer suck, and i try to avoid condoning the action by helping people. besides, i cant even reach most crowd surfers because i am short. But if i could reach the people i wouldnt help them anyway... or at least steal a shoe.

longbeach90803
02-15-2007, 05:20 AM
i let them fall. yeah, i'm a bastard. i even give them an extra shove as they fall so it hurts more.

that's funny

Mo'rage
02-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Sucks having to keep looking behind you (away from the act) worrying about some punk not just fall on you, but getting thrown on your neck. That shit hurts when you're not looing for it. I let em drop, not on their face but get the fuck down and get your damn shoe out of my mouth so I can watch the show I payed to see.

suprefan
02-15-2007, 03:23 PM
This is how you do it.............

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2654/6e3afe9b82c87b3e8dac427hh4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

jimmycrackcorn
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
This is how you do it.............

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2654/6e3afe9b82c87b3e8dac427hh4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

hahaha LOL F@#$ING hilarious

artgutser
03-02-2007, 06:17 AM
........But if I see a pair of titties later that night...I'll be happy.

You trully are a wise beyond your years.
A really nice pair (or really just a regular one......who am I kidding, just any kind) make up for any wrong that has been suffered.

gaypalmsprings
03-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Crowd surfing is like doing the wave at a stadium. It's like yesterday's music. It's like RATM. Old school.

C DUB YA
03-02-2007, 07:40 AM
tru dat

C DUB YA
03-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Crowd surfing is reserved for Lollapaloozers

becomingcloser
03-02-2007, 08:23 AM
we have a rule for crowdsurfers--if they pass by or over us we take off their shoes and toss 'em. have fun walking around barefoot the rest of the time, ass!

i'm adopting this method as my own. thanks.

JClemy
03-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I hate crowd surfers. When I was younger and went to my first show ever I did it a few times because I got lifted by a guy bigger than me. I've done it a few times when the crowd started jumping and I've gotten popped up by getting squeezed out of the ground(just no where left for me to go back to the ground). I understand when people do it to get out but other than that it sucks. I had a friend who got a concussion at Weezer because a crowd surfer landed on his head. Crowd surfers can ruin a good show. Me and some of my friends always team up and when a crowd surfer comes we try to throw them over the front barricade if we're close enough. It's pretty funny when they hit the security and knock them down.

edit: the shoe thing is fun too. My friend who is 100 lbs soaking wet refuses to crowd surf because he knows how much it sucks.

apachedino
03-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Someone tried to do that to me like 8 years ago at a Unwritten Law/Less Than Jake show. They really really tried to but before shows I always tie my shoes really really tight so I don't lose them moshing....anyways I straight heeled that dick right in the nose really hard and continued crowdsurfing up front. That is a messed up thing to do and he got what he deserved. I see nothing wrong with crowdsurfing, I haven't done it for a long time, but it's pretty fun and part of many shows so expect it and deal withit instead of dropping people on purpose and stealing their shows. I always love shows where the crowd has positive energy. (i.e. immediately helping people up that fall in a pit, not dropping crowdsurfers..etc) I mean you can get wild and energetic and not hurt people. If your throwing elbows and kicking ass some big guy is gonna take you out cuz your asking for it....unless your the big guy trying to show off and then I hate you. BTW do not crowdsurf if you are fat, that is jacked.

JClemy
03-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Maybe the rest of us who hate crowd surfers can work together. That would be fun.

infect ME
03-02-2007, 11:56 AM
if you crowd surf over or around my general area, expect a shot to the kidneys.

sonofhal
03-02-2007, 12:13 PM
I got one of those stupid long keychains caught around my neck when someone was crowdsurfing at a Rocket From The Crypt gig. It nearly killed me. I had bruises on my neck for weeks.

Omar1
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
this board is full of assholes, its weird cuz everyone seems so nice at coachella. Although I never crowd surf, im gonna do it this year just to kick everyone in the face who tries to take my shoe.

C DUB YA
03-02-2007, 07:58 PM
thats smart - starting a fight with 50,000 people over bad footwear.

Omar1
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
not 50,000 just the assholes who steal shoes.

Thehebrewhammer
03-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I always love shows where the crowd has positive energy. (i.e. immediately helping people up that fall in a pit, not dropping crowdsurfers..etc) I mean you can get wild and energetic and not hurt people.

Agreed. I was at Dragonforce on Tuesday, which is obviously a show people will be moshing and crowd surfing at. I managed to squeeze my way to front and center, but on the way there I hoisted many, many crowdsurfers. It wasn't the same dicks crowdsurfing, everyone was doing it, nobody cared and everyone was having a great time doing it - it was part of what made the show so much fun.

tiffdud41
03-02-2007, 09:05 PM
boo hoooooo waaahhhhh wah

rage patton
03-02-2007, 11:21 PM

Your an asshole. Thats like continuing to mosh when someone has fallen down. You just dont do it!
That being said... crowd surfers suck. Especially when they kick me in the head. And its NOT cuz im not paying attention. Its cuz Im 6"6 and enjoying the show when BAM! A foot is inside my ear!

DeltaSigChi4
03-03-2007, 11:42 AM
DRAGONFORCE!!!!!

E

fober
03-03-2007, 02:31 PM
If you crowdsurf this year, I will steal your wallet.

rage patton
03-03-2007, 02:35 PM
DRAGONFORCE!!!!!

E

Hahaha. YES! Add the mighty DragonForce!
Nah, im just kidding. That would be a disaster.

DeltaSigChi4
03-03-2007, 03:05 PM
The forces are aligned for the addition of ...

DRAGON ---- FORCE!

E

SubBass49
03-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Yeah...all it took for me to hate crowd surfers is getting a doc martin to the temple once at a Tool show when I was on the rail up front. I don't take kindly to that shit anymore.

eric m
03-06-2007, 06:12 AM
The best revenge to take on any crowd surfer is to take their shoe.

SheriNOIR
03-06-2007, 08:40 AM

Haha nice tip!
I've been kicked int he head so many times at shows..
I wonder how many 'Crowd Surfer Shoes' you could collect at Coachella..

Let's start a comp ;)

SubBass49
03-06-2007, 04:44 PM
We can line 'em up & photograph 'em like war trophies...instead of severed ears, we can have shoes...

JClemy
03-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Thats a good idea, Ears might be cleaner though!

blakely
03-07-2007, 11:58 AM

if you tried to take my shoe i would kick you in the face so hard youd be drinking through a straw.....

remember, we have all the leverage..........

SubBass49
03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Not really...all it takes is one person to hold your torso steady, and we end up with the best leverage. OR we just grab behind your upper calf and your kicking motion will be pretty feeble...then....YANK...there goes another shoe into the pile of conquest.

-- J

braxtron
03-23-2007, 02:05 AM
I like to steal crowd surfer's shoes and throw/wear them. The End.

Sexecutioner
03-23-2007, 01:58 PM
people around here are such fuckin whiners.

i hate moshing! i hate crowd surfing! waaaaaaahhhh!

deal with it! and if you cant, then dont go to the front, cuz thats what happens in the front.

people have landed on my head before. does it suck, sure, it doesnt feel that great. but does that mean im gonna punch people or take their shoes when they crowd surf over me. no, cuz then id be a complete asshole, like some of you bitches. instead i just put my hands up and keep them from falling like a nice guy cuz i know what i was getting into when i went to the front of the crowd.

braxtron
03-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Holy crap Sexecutioner = greatest name ever.

bumper31
03-24-2007, 06:04 AM
Holy crap Sexecutioner = greatest name ever.

your easily impressed

Trailmix
03-24-2007, 06:18 AM
I got kicked in the head last year while watching Bloc Party and I was not that close to the front. I hate crowd surfers. It is stupid and annoying for everyone else who has no interest in it. Why do I have to stop watching the band so I can keep your ass in the air?

Trailmix
03-24-2007, 06:19 AM
people around here are such fuckin whiners.

i hate moshing! i hate crowd surfing! waaaaaaahhhh!

deal with it! and if you cant, then dont go to the front, cuz thats what happens in the front.

people have landed on my head before. does it suck, sure, it doesnt feel that great. but does that mean im gonna punch people or take their shoes when they crowd surf over me. no, cuz then id be a complete asshole, like some of you bitches. instead i just put my hands up and keep them from falling like a nice guy cuz i know what i was getting into when i went to the front of the crowd.

Moshing is so early '90s. Grow up.

JClemy
03-24-2007, 09:08 AM
I got kicked in the head last year while watching Bloc Party and I was not that close to the front. I hate crowd surfers. It is stupid and annoying for everyone else who has no interest in it. Why do I have to stop watching the band so I can keep your ass in the air?

So very true. I know I don't care about those flying asses. I also don't know why girls would want to crowd surf. I've seen so many guys reach out and cop a feel while the girl is in the air and defenseless.

amdux
03-29-2007, 09:53 AM
sounds like everyone on this thread wears a skirt, ya bunch of whiny bitches

:thu

duderanch
03-29-2007, 08:11 PM
first time I crowd surfed was at the Metallica set at Big Day Out in Australia, I was so wasted and ended up getting right to the front and catching a pick and a drumstick. The experiance was so good I actually bought tickets for a metallica solo show...then I realized the only reason I liked them was because I was wasted and had an awesome crowd surfing experiance...Since then I crowd surf at every show I can....sorry in advance to the people I land on this year...but remember "YOU CAN DO IT TOO" and it's "FUN" and "DOES THE BODY GOOD"...that could be milk as well...but I suggest you get the sand out of your collective vaginas and aske the person beside you in the crowd for a leg up!

SubBass49
03-30-2007, 04:57 AM
lol...your screenname is from a Blink-182 album, and you went to two Metallica shows.

'nuff said.

JClemy
04-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks SubBass. So very very true

jimmycrackcorn
04-11-2007, 06:32 AM
:bump

English-in-Coachella
04-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Crowd surfing is now something thats been incorporated into live music.. u cnt escape it so you may aswell balance out the bad part (being kicked in the face) with the good part (doing it yourself). Im doing it for rage, i aint travelling to California from Manchester to stand sober in the crowd just nodding my head for the safety of the crowd, nay, the experience aint just the music (but i wont kick anyone in the head, promise!)

JClemy
04-11-2007, 09:08 AM
I won't help people steal your shoes (Promise!) You'll be able to take new shoes back to Manchester!