PDA

View Full Version : Guessing the set times - FRIDAY

im so indie
03-15-2008, 09:46 PM
UPDATED: 3/17 @ 10 pm
What do you think??????????????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clumsy342/NEWFriday-1.jpg

I have no life (except for 3 days every April) and decided to put this together for us. Looking forward to discussing this with you all. Look it over and let us know what you think! Definitely need input from everyone to get our best guess.

Obviously there are no TIMES in there because that would be impossible to guess, but just looking at the stage and the order. Also looking at avoiding major conflicts.

PassiveTheory
03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Where the fuck is Goldfrapp?

EDIT: Also, a Breeders/National/Jens Lekman conflict? I should murder you.

im so indie
03-15-2008, 09:50 PM
As far as the additions, I put them all on Sunday except Aphex Twin, which we think is on Saturday. Sunday had the fewest (BY FAR) so by default got the adds that we didn't yet know about.

orbit
03-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Wasn't Serj closing the outdoor?

rage patton
03-15-2008, 09:53 PM
If Battles are closing a stage, it wouldn't be the Outdoor theatre. It would be the Gobi. Also, Serj Tankian is rumoured to be closing the Outdoor Theatre. Also, a Battles/Fatboy Slim conflict would be terrible. AND... Vampire Weekend are no way going to be playing that early. They are one of the most buzzed about bands this year.

im so indie
03-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Not sure...is that rumor or is there a confirmed source?

im so indie
03-15-2008, 09:54 PM
If Battles are closing a stage, it wouldn't be the Outdoor theatre. It would be the Gobi. Also, Serj Tankian is rumoured to be closing the Outdoor Theatre. Also, a Battles/Fatboy Slim conflict would be terrible. AND... Vampire Weekend are no way going to be playing that early. They are one of the most buzzed about bands this year.

Correct...I'll be changing things as we put our heads together for more info.

orbit
03-15-2008, 09:54 PM
also, if Sandra Collins is doing her dvj-x1 video mixing, there's no way she will play at noon.

rage patton
03-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Also... when were Redd Kross added to Friday? I just noticed this. Fuck. I was really hoping they were gonna be added to Sunday.

clumsy342
03-15-2008, 10:05 PM

I'm actually in on this too, so I'll be replying on behalf of the original post.

- I could see Battles closing a stage, maybe Outdoor or Mojave, but no way the Gobi. They are MUCH too acclaimed to be playing the Gobi. Are you kidding me?
Exhibit A:
U9Car2EmMQo

- I agree about Serj. That was kind of a miscommunication. Apparently he's supposed to close the Outdoor.

-Vampire Weekend are buzzed, yes. But I bet anything they are either playing early or going against something better. I do see them playing in a tent though. (this year's Clap Your Hands Say Yeah style)

clumsy342
03-15-2008, 10:07 PM
---- As far as additions go ----
We're still unsure of where they'll be added.

This should be an ongoing discussion.
We'll take input, agree upon things, update the "set times" poster,
and see how close we can all come to predicting the order of the sets.

PassiveTheory
03-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Rogue Wave and Vampire Weekend should trade spots. Swap DIOY,Y? with Cut Copy, move Cut Copy down under Slightly Stoopid, swap Les Savy Fav and Slightly Stoopid (if you're going to have rockin' dance music on the OT, at least have it back to back), since SS are going to get a good spot despite playing shitty music.

Also, in terms of reality, swap Tegan and Sara with Sharon Jones (SJ&TDK would work better with a smaller crowd, anyway), and move DIOY,Y? (now in Cut Copy's slot) into Midnight Juggernauts' slot, pushing everyone else down a slot. Also, switch the Swell Season with Jens Lekman... They won a fucking Oscar, people. They won't be playing early.

rage patton
03-15-2008, 10:21 PM
- I could see Battles closing a stage, maybe Outdoor or Mojave, but no way the Gobi. They are MUCH too acclaimed to be playing the Gobi. Are you kidding me?
Exhibit A:
U9Car2EmMQo

Battles are huge in Japan. The Japanese LOVE thier Battles. There was an estimated 10,000 people watching that performance. Over here... not so much.
I see Battles playing in one of 3 spots, somewhere between...
Outdoor theatre: 4-6
Mojave: 6-8
Gobi: closing

As long as they don't conflict with Fatboy Slim or Sharon Jones, I don't care when or where they play.

PassiveTheory
03-15-2008, 10:23 PM
I hope they play against someone I actually want to see. Yaaaaaaaay.

summerkid
03-15-2008, 10:24 PM
this is a fun idea.

1. Goldfrapp is supposedly playing friday so i think we should add them until we hear otherwise.

2. Spank Rock gets put against the headliner two years in a row. what did they do to deserve that. sleep with Paul T's wife? my guess is they get like hot chip's spot in the mojave last year or something.

3. Aesop Rock is waaay too big for the gobi and swell season is billed to high on the poster to play that early in the mojave, they may play there but not that early. I think Outdoor Theatre for both of these which can be easily done because Les Savy Fav would probably go over much better in a tent and you guys are going to give Sonic Youth's spot last year to a group that doesn't even have an album out yet (does it offend you yeah?)?

clumsy342
03-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Still gotta say...
Nooo fucking way will Battles play the Gobi.
No. Way.

Either Outdoor or Mojave. As far as the time, who really knows? But I'm guessing either sunset or late at night.

Wheres the beef?
03-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I commend you on the effort to create such a nice little picture, but I don't think you thought about things too much.

Just because some act is the "biggest name" to play a stage/tent does not guarantee they are the closer.

Does It Offend You, Yeah? Will not be on the outdoor theatre. More like the Mojave.

Grignard
03-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Vampire Weekend would def be higher. Battles will def play after sunset and would not close Gobi.

Boourns
03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow, mad props for photoshop skills. A few things:
1. I can't imagine Serj Tankian and Raconteurs conflicting, since both are major rock acts with hit(s) on the radio
2. I think Battles and Dan Deacon will play earlier in the day,
3. I think Vampire Weekend will play a couple hours later since so many people won't admit that they are horrible.
4. The Swell Season will definitely be later in the day and not in a tent. They played the Wiltern back in November and have won an Oscar since then.
5. Architecture in Helsinki doesn't really have a main stage sound.

But overall I think it's very feasible. The bad thing is I'd be very very bored the first half of the day.

Somewhat Damaged
03-15-2008, 11:33 PM
also, if Sandra Collins is doing her dvj-x1 video mixing, there's no way she will play at noon.

Explain, please. Also, if Sandra Collins didn't open the Sahara in '02, she ain't doing so this year.

betao
03-16-2008, 05:17 AM
You managed to conflict the 3 acts I want to see the most on Friday. Battles, Fatboy Slim, and Mum.

Thanks.

TonyWonder
03-16-2008, 07:56 AM
You managed to conflict the 3 acts I want to see the most on Friday. Battles, Fatboy Slim, and Mum.

Thanks.

My thoughts exactly.

I just assume that Mum will be a part of whatever my major conflict ends up being for Friday.

PierogiHead
03-16-2008, 08:20 AM
I have no life (except for 3 days every April) and decided to put this together for us. Looking forward to discussing this with you all. Look it over and let us know what you think! Definitely need input from everyone to get our best guess.

Obviously there are no TIMES in there because that would be impossible to guess, but just looking at the stage and the order. Also looking at avoiding major conflicts.

- Serj closing the Outdoor Stage
- Tegan and Sarah playing Outdoor Stage or Main Stage
- Vampire Weekend playing later in the day, maybe even Mojave
- Aesop Rock playing Outdoor Stage, later in the day
- Black Lips in the Mojave
- Swell Season either playing Main or Outdoor Stage

clumsy342
03-16-2008, 09:17 AM

Thanks.

Dude... this isn't real.
And there aren't any specific times posted...
Just the order of bands on all the stages.

AND we'll be updating this with input from everyone.
So for everyone with twisted panties, calm the hell down.

summerkid
03-16-2008, 10:09 AM
- Serj closing the Outdoor Stage
- Tegan and Sarah playing Outdoor Stage or Main Stage
- Vampire Weekend playing later in the day, maybe even Mojave
- Aesop Rock playing Outdoor Stage, later in the day
- Black Lips in the Mojave
- Swell Season either playing Main or Outdoor Stage

agree with all of these.

JustSteve
03-16-2008, 11:03 AM
i'm wondering if there might be an electronic act closing the mainstage...just seems jack johnson would be too low key to end a night with.

im so indie
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Alright, updated again.

I think this looks a little better. And the Sahara really isn't my thing, so any input would be good.

Boourns
03-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Looks a lot better. All I can think of is...
1. Jens Lekman and Vampire Weekend would fit better in the other's respective timeslot and stage.
2. Missing Battles would suck, but that sort of thing happens every year, so whatever.
3. Redd Kross is now officially Friday, according to the daily lineup.

JustSteve
03-16-2008, 11:59 AM
def. think vampire weekend will be on the outdoor stage. having played snl and selling out all of their shows makes it seem very likely...

im so indie
03-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Looks a lot better. All I can think of is...
1. Jens Lekman and Vampire Weekend would fit better in the other's respective timeslot and stage.
2. Missing Battles would suck, but that sort of thing happens every year, so whatever.
3. Redd Kross is now officially Friday, according to the daily lineup.

Thanks.

1. I kind of figured Jens Lekman would be this year's Jarvis Cocker.
2. I really think Battles will have a sweet set time. I still kind of think the Outdoor but, eh.. I don't know.
3. I think I should switch Redd Kross with Architecture in Helsinki. (yea? nay?)

woogie846
03-16-2008, 12:53 PM
dan le sac vs. scroobius pip will be in the gobi.

Boourns
03-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, Jens Lekman isn't fit to lick the dogshit off Jarvis' boots. But that doesn't really matter. He's not a rare performer or booked that high, though. His sound would fit the Gobi or Outdoor, though.

JClemy
03-16-2008, 01:03 PM
If it's like this it will make me sad as can be.

- Tegan and Sarah, Red Kross and Vamprire weekend conflicting?
- Jack Johnson, Fatboy Slim and Spank rock at the same time seems right but damn. I want to see Fatboy and Spank rock. Wouldn't mind seeing a little of Serj Tankian.

Either way good guesses though. I don't know how big Tegan and Sarah are? I'm in Calgary so they are pretty big here but are they pretty popular overall? will they play the Main Stage? I suppose they are higher than Tankian on the main poster.

PassiveTheory
03-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Main Times:

dan le sac / Scroobius 1:45-2:25
Spank Rock 2:45-3:35
Vampire Weekend 4:00-4:50
Tegan and Sara 5:15-6:05
The Breeders 6:30-7:20
Raconteurs 7:45-8:35
The Verve 9:00-10:10
Jack Johnson 10:40-12:00

Outdoor Times:

Porter 1:20-2:05
John Butler Trio 2:25-3:15
Slightly Stoopid 3:40-4:30
Santogold 4:55-5:45
The Swell Season 6:10-7:00
The National 7:25-8:15
Aesop Rock 8:40-9:30
Goldfrapp 9:55-10:45
Serj Tankian 11:10-12:00

Mojave Times:

Reverend and the Maker 1:00-1:45
Black Lips 2:05-3:00
Cut Copy 3:25-4:25
Black Kids 4:50-5:30
DIOY,Y? 5:50-6:50
Datarock 7:15-8:15
Battles 8:40-9:45
Mum 10:15-11:30

Gobi Times:

Luckyiam 1:00-1:40
The Bees 2:00-2:45
American Bang 3:10-4:00
Rogue Wave 4:25-5:20
Jens Lekman 5:45-6:45
Architecture In Helsinki 7:05-8:05
Sharon Jones & the DKs 8:30-9:30
Les Savy Fav 9:55-10:55
Dan Deacon 11:15-12:00

Sahara Times:

Sandra Collins 1:15-2:15
Professor Murder 2:20-3:20
Busy P 3:30-4:30
Diplo 4:40-5:40
Midnight Juggernauts 5:50-6:55
Adam Freeland 7:15-8:30
Pendulum 9:00-10:15
Fatboy Slim 10:30-12:00

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Midnight Juggernauts should play Mojave.
I love em', but I just don't see them in the Sahara.

also, i don't see Midnight J and DIOY,Y? conflicting. they are too similar acts.

pinguinotonto
03-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Pendulum, Battles and The Verve conflicting would make me sad.

bballarl
03-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip has to be Gobi.

Cpt. Funkaho
03-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Pendulum, Battles and The Verve conflicting would make me sad.

Likewise. The whole end of the night is a nightmare for me, whereas in the early-to-mid-afternoon there are blocks with no one I care about. I hope the actual set times are significantly different.

bballarl
03-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I really hadn't thought about conflicts until these threads started. More than likely, I will be sacrificing bands I have already seen for rarer bands. I can't miss The Verve, Portishead, Kraftwerk, Love and Rockets, etc.

orbit
03-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Explain, please. Also, if Sandra Collins didn't open the Sahara in '02, she ain't doing so this year.

she has been doing an audio/video project with Vello virkaus for a while. they use dvd turntables during their set, or well, vello does the visuals. the poster says only sandra collins, though, so Im guessing she is doing a regular set.

It doesn't matter much anyway, sandra can't play at noon opening the sahara. she could play in the busy P spot.

those 'special' audio/video sets are kinda like this:

PvEFvK6-o-s

menikmati
03-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Sandra started at 2pm in 2002, which is still early, but I expect her to play later this year. I'll probably check her out.

paulb
03-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Verve vs Battles would have to be the worst... i hope that doesnt happen, but nice attempt at settimes...looks fairly realistic.

bballarl
03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Also, I see the Bees in the Mando Diao spot from last year.

rage patton
03-16-2008, 09:41 PM
UPDATED: 3/16 @ 12:40

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clumsy342/Coachella08Friday.jpg

I really, really like this new schedule. John Butler Trio vs. American Bang vs. The Bees would kinda suck, since I want to see all 3, but I would deal. Also, Does it Offend You, Yeah? and Redd Kross conflicting would suck, but again, I could deal.
Also, Raconteurs vs. dan le sac would suck. But I would catch the first half of the Raconteurs run over to catch the last half of dan le sac, then get a good spot for Battles. Then after, make a dash over to the Sahara and spend the rest of the nigh with Fatboy Slim.
Problems I see. Vampire Weekend are not going to be in the Gobi. No matter what time, they won't be in the Gobi. Also, Architcture in Helsinki are playing way to late on the Outdoor Theatre.
Other then that, I like it. Actually, as long as I see full sets from Sharon Jones, Battles and Fatboy Slim, the rest of Friday doesn't matter.

fatbastard
03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clumsy342/Coachella08Friday.jpg

That's alot going on at 6:45 and 9:30. I would have to go with Sharon Jones in the 6:45 spot and The Verve at 9:30.

betao
03-17-2008, 07:52 AM
why oh why must battles conflict with pendulum, and mum conflict with fatboy?

they are like my four biggest "must see" acts for friday.

:(

pinguinotonto
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I don't think that: The Verve/Goldfrapp/Pendulum/Battles conflict would ever happen. GV knows better.

clumsy342
03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
WHAT IF ...
I put Mum in Architecture's spot?

Who do you think is going to close the Mojave?

.. I still REALLY want Battles on the outdoor theater!
and I still think that's how its gonna go down. Just don't know what time
and up against who.

goatparade
03-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I hope Les Savy is on during late day...i wanna sweat and go crazy in the heat right before it cools down for the national's sunset slot

clumsy342
03-17-2008, 03:54 PM
... Why the fuck is Serj closing the Outdoor?

I'll believe it when I see it.
But for now I'll go with it.

(Unless they are putting him there so people can ignore him and go see Fatboy Slim or John Jackson or whoever else may be closing. But why take up the Outdoor Theater?? Why not the Mojave?)

clumsy342
03-17-2008, 03:55 PM
And we assume Tegan and Sara are playing the Main stage because they played the Outdoor in 05 and theyre billed high, right?

Weatherman
03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
I think RK will play a couple hours later on.

clumsy342
03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Vampire Weekend -> Tegan and Sara -> the Breeders -> the Raconteurs -> the Verve -> Jack Johnson...

Doesn't this seem like the whitest lineup ever?

cansei de ser sexme
03-17-2008, 04:31 PM
the dan le sac vs. scroobius pip conflict is harsh ;)

PassiveTheory
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Vampire Weekend -> Tegan and Sara -> the Breeders -> the Raconteurs -> the Verve -> Jack Johnson...

Doesn't this seem like the whitest lineup ever?

I'm too lazy to go back and look, but pretty much, yes.

They'll probably start off the MS with a hiphop act, though.

im so indie
03-17-2008, 05:02 PM
i tried to reply, but it didn't work.
What do you think of the one I just posted, Passive?

rage patton
03-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Passive, I cannot accept your set times due to the direct overlap of Battles vs. Sharron Jones and the Dap Kings. That is absolutely unacceptable.

betao
03-17-2008, 05:31 PM
apparently, Aphex is now on Friday. The booking agency changed the date. So now, throw him in the mix.

rage patton
03-17-2008, 05:41 PM
This is awesome news, and terrible news. Awesome because this make Saturday a lot less stressful and makes more sense. Terrible because the conflicts with Battles just increased significantly.
Either way Fatboy Slim --> Aphex Twin is going to be fucking amazing.

clumsy342
03-17-2008, 07:02 PM
apparently, Aphex is now on Friday. The booking agency changed the date. So now, throw him in the mix.

REALLY? Wow.. Okay.

EDIT: Maybe Fatboy Slim will close the Main Stage after Jack Johnson and Aphex will close the Sahara! I think that's it! Imagine it!
Jack Johnson fans LOVE "Praise You".

orbit
03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
that would be awesome.

main: raconteurs/the verve-->jack johnson--> fatboy slim

sahara: anyone--->pendulum-->aphex

menikmati
03-17-2008, 07:19 PM
but I wanna see both fatboy and aphex

bballarl
03-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Man, I am going to have so many conflicts on Friday. Fuck.

orbit
03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
well, fatboy slim would draw a lot of people, so I'm trying to empty the sahara tent a little in order to get a good spot for aphex.

I want to see the Verve and Pendulum.

menikmati
03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I wanna see Pendulum too. I think them before Aphex rather than Fatboy is a better transition too.

im so indie
03-17-2008, 09:23 PM
BUMP!

UPDATE!

APHEX TWIN!

DISCUSS!

I personally have conflicts with this. (i.e. Breeders vs. DIOY,Y?)
And I'm totally not trying to make my own personal line-up, I KNOW I'll have conflicts. I'm trying to make what WE think will happen.
But this is too exciting now.

About Aphex and Fatboy:

Although I could totally put Aphex Twin right up against Fatboy Slim, I realize that there are actually people who would REALLY want to see both. But you know that Fatboy Slim is way more inviting/listenable/danceable, and people would love it on the Main Stage. And Fatboy Slim plays BIG crowds.

Also, can any of us really see Jack Johnson closing the Main Stage? Sure, playing it and get top billing.. but closing?? nah. Aphex made that difference. I think this set up was the "trick up the sleeve".

I think we can agree that Aphex Twin will be in the Sahara. But perhaps ending the night with Aphex would leave people in kind of a werid mood (he's not Daft Punk, its probably not gonna be "dancey fun times"). Since he's such a HUGE draw, he'll still get a respectable spot.

So I think its best for Aphex to play a good slot in the Sahara at night, but not necessarily close.

orbit
03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
ok, put the verve around 6.30pm in the main or outdoor, and aphex at 9pm in the sahara followed by pendulum closing the tent.

looks like fatboy slim will play in the main stage.

betao
03-17-2008, 09:46 PM
No way. That will put Pendulum vs Fatboy Slim, which would break my heart (and many others).

i'm calling Pendulum to Aphex to Fatboy in the sahara.

clumsy342
03-17-2008, 09:51 PM
i'm calling Pendulum to Aphex to Fatboy in the sahara.

And I'm calling "no way" on Jack Johnson closing the Main Stage OVER Fatboy Slim. Especially since he is the most hated on headliner.

fbslimrocks
03-18-2008, 12:48 AM
serj is playing at 8, info on his myspace page

paulb
03-18-2008, 01:14 AM

id hold that with a grain of salt... I wouldnt rely on Myspace for settimes...

Boourns
03-18-2008, 01:40 AM

I am definitely feeling this. I would try to sleep in the shade until 4ish when the Swell Season plays, since nobody interesting is on before (something that probably will happen, since it did last year for the most part and Friday has a weak undercard this year), then The Breeders, then the Raconteurs, then the Verve, then Aphex Twin, then Fatboy Slim. But if I could see Battles too, the day would be perfect.

betao
03-18-2008, 06:11 AM
please, no Pendulum vs Fatboy Slim conflict.

rage patton
03-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Fatboy Slim will not be playing the mainstage. Are you all high or something? What on earth would make you think Fatboy Slim would be playing the mainstage???
The Sahara will be Pendulum --> Fatboy Slim --> Aphex Twin.

goatparade
03-18-2008, 08:32 AM
No No No...fuck! the idea of the National being confined to a tent!

summerkid
03-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Fatboy Slim will not be playing the mainstage. Are you all high or something? What on earth would make you think Fatboy Slim would be playing the mainstage???

people just don't want a verve vs fatboy slim conflict, but its probably going to happen.

bballarl
03-18-2008, 12:20 PM

8 is the default time for shows when you post on Myspace.

bballarl
03-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Also, the National have to be at the Outdoor Theater.

orbit
03-18-2008, 02:23 PM

what make you think fatboy slim will be between pendulum and aphex?

clumsy342
03-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Also, the National have to be at the Outdoor Theater.

Shall we switch The National with Mum?
Gimme some suggestions here.

And just to restate it:
I reallyyyy don't see Aphex Twin closing the night.
I think people will get to see him at night.. in the Sahara.. and then go see other stuff.

But now I'm questioning the closers.
I think Dan Deacon, Fatboy Slim are right. I still cannot imagine Serj closing the outdoor. That's so... lame.

rage patton
03-18-2008, 02:44 PM
what make you think fatboy slim will be between pendulum and aphex?

Because. He will be in the Sahara. And he is billed above Pendulum, and under Aphex Twin. I know Coachella doesn't always go by billing, but that makes the most sense. Anywhich way, any cobination of those 3 acts will be closing the Sahara. Put them in whatever order you want.

orbit
03-18-2008, 03:04 PM
ok i got it.

main: raconteurs/anyone-->jack johnson--> the verve
sahara: pendulum-->aphex-->fatboy slim

yeah, that would work sweet.

clumsy342
03-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Okay.. Now I'm thinking about other stuff.

So answer these questions:

1. Switching The National w/Mum. Putting National on outdoor b/t Raconteurs and Verve. And Mum in the Mojave during Raconteurs before Battles. Yes or No? I really dont know where they'll put Mum.

2. Does Redd Kross have to play the Outdoor theater?? I'm thinking maybe not.

3. What do you think about this for the Outdoor:
Battles -> Goldfrapp -> Serj

rage patton
03-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Main: The Verve --> Jack Johnson
Sahara: Pendulum--> Fatboy Slim --> Aphex Twin

There. Problem solved.

orbit
03-18-2008, 03:22 PM
wrong. the verve cant conflict with pendulum.

clumsy342
03-18-2008, 03:24 PM
wrong. the verve cant conflict with pendulum.

You just want to see both of them.
But why WOULDNT they conflict, you know?

They are totally unrelated.

Somewhat Damaged
03-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I can see now why Randy was making fun of this sort of masturbation. Aren't there more productive ways to waste your time?

orbit
03-18-2008, 03:27 PM
You just want to see both of them.
But why WOULDNT they conflict, you know?

They are totally unrelated.

well.. it's pendulum's first live show in the US. it's the verve's first live show in the US after a ton of years.

clumsy342
03-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I can see now why Randy was making fun of this sort of masturbation. Aren't there more productive ways to waste your time?

EDIT:

It's fun. Shut up.

mvanwinkle
03-19-2008, 03:47 AM
mum- raconteurs-national-dan le sac. i would cry. those are 4 of my most want to see acts that day.

betao
03-19-2008, 07:49 AM
well.. it's pendulum's first live show in the US. it's the verve's first live show in the US after a ton of years.

really? Pendulum has never done a live show in the US before?

mvanwinkle
03-19-2008, 10:58 AM
pendulum is a must see.

orbit
03-19-2008, 11:07 AM
really? Pendulum has never done a live show in the US before?

Not that I am aware of. Only dj sets, but not like a full live band.

Hopefully the MC won't ruin the show.

cooperb1
03-25-2008, 12:28 AM
i hope pendulum has a full band this time around and not just a dj set

theaenimatool
04-16-2008, 10:42 PM

for the most part this is pretty awesome... no aphex twin/verve conflict is my main thing....plus i could leave aphex twin like 10 min early to catch some of les savy fav.. im fucking digging them right now

nbvwes
04-17-2008, 01:19 AM
why the fuck are dan le sac vs. scroobius pip in the gobi and not the sahara... and with the move of Sebastian to friday, i'm thinking midnight juggernauts won't be in the sahara anymore (hopefully late-nite gobi)...

slightly stoopid & sharon jones should both be outdoor too... and i don't see john butler on main, outdoor before slightly stoopid or after in the mojave would be better...